• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Redo of a Healer. It is NOT meant to be watched by children!

oh that edgy shit.

I still wonder how the fuck it even got an anime, then again, everything gets one these days.

But this one is hilariously bad

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty sure it's over, now. All that's left is to wait for the results and the meltdown that will doubtlessly ensue.

Yes, definitely. I wish you could cast an amount of votes equal to the amount of days you missed (so if it’s day 4 and you haven’t voted you get 4 votes and then one every day after), I’m not sure why that feature isn’t there but alas. Gatekeeper got my four votes, and if he and Marth win, or even better, if he and Chrom win, the meltdown will be glorious.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh boy, tomorrow is gonna get crazy with the whole market thing.

Even crazier? What’s happening tomorrow?

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Paper Mario TTYD: Rawk Hawk has 1 Defence. Paper Mario doesnt know that he has 0 defence, good job genius's, you forgot to accommodate for his DEF nerf.

What? I thought that was simply a display error. His stats never changed across versions.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even crazier? What’s happening tomorrow?

Deadline for the short stop. Hedge betters must return the stocks they 'borrowed', which means buying them since they previously sold them, which means they'd be forced to lose money if the stocks are much higher than what they sold. If the people who bought the stocks refuse to sell... well, they are the ones who can dictate the price, so it can be ramped up more. And since the hedge better much return stocks by contract...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh that edgy shit.

I still wonder how the fuck it even got an anime, then again, everything gets one these days.

But this one is hilariously bad

I‘m just surprised everyone is losing their minds over it. It is as if no one ever heard of The Chronicles of Counter-Earth series.

Edited by Wraith

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, definitely. I wish you could cast an amount of votes equal to the amount of days you missed (so if it’s day 4 and you haven’t voted you get 4 votes and then one every day after), I’m not sure why that feature isn’t there but alas.

So do I. If I could, I'd definitely give a vote to Malice, Hanneman and Matthis. Yes, I think that would work. Alas, I cannot do that, and those three required less help than my other faves (Malice's always been reasonably popular due to her design, Hanneman is from Three Houses and Matthis has become more popular lately because of memes that I don't understand), so they'll only get my spiritual support.

I mean, not like it matters. No character matters except for the top three. The rest is just voting for the sake of it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Matthis has become more popular lately because of memes that I don't understand

Lately? I always thought he had a steady memetic popularity.

Well, part of it due to his AI set to kill Lena despite his desire to see her again. At least that's how it was since Mystery of the Emblem. He became the face of such situations, as it were. Combined with his personality making him even more stand out (like how overprotective he gets with Lena, specially once Julian enters the picture, so his potential killing of her make it stand out even more), I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What? I thought that was simply a display error. His stats never changed across versions.

I would assume in the development, he had 1. But it was probably "too hard", so they changed it to 0. Then decided not to change the text to match it.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I would assume in the development, he had 1. But it was probably "too hard", so they changed it to 0. Then decided not to change the text to match it.

I suppose finding a video of the Japanese version, displaying the tattle, could show if that was also the case there or not.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose finding a video of the Japanese version, displaying the tattle, could show if that was also the case there or not.

I wasnt saying because of regional differences, just a case of the devs finding the players too "stupid" to play a hard game, really. At least that's my guess. 

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Lately? I always thought he had a steady memetic popularity.

Pretty sure he's only been "popular" since last year, when the whole "Matthis moment" nonsense popped up. Prior to that all he got was rabid hatred.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, part of it due to his AI set to kill Lena despite his desire to see her again. At least that's how it was since Mystery of the Emblem. He became the face of such situations, as it were. Combined with his personality making him even more stand out (like how overprotective he gets with Lena, specially once Julian enters the picture, so his potential killing of her make it stand out even more), I suppose.

Yes, the AI mishap is what got him all the hate. Which is a shame, because I honestly believe he's a good character on his own right.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I unironically like him.

I still find it funny that Vyland's FE3 portrait is basically the same as Matthis, but he's staring straight into your soul with the whole "damn dude you got the whole squad laughing" expression. Don't ask me why it makes me laugh so much, but it does. Plus, he's really just as unremarkable there, so it's even funnier. 

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

I still find it funny that Vyland's FE3 portrait is basically the same as Matthis, but he's staring straight into your soul with the whole "damn dude you got the whole squad laughing" expression. Don't ask me why it makes me laugh so much, but it does.

"Okay, so we've got these two characters who have the exact same portrait. This one doesn't even have a character, either! What do we do?"

"Uhhhhhhhhh..."

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Plus, he's really just as unremarkable there, so it's even funnier. 

Has Vyland ever been remarkable? People had to meme his face, because there's literally nothing else to him.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Has Vyland ever been remarkable? People had to meme his face, because there's literally nothing else to him.

He, uh... he's stronger than Roshea in Ch19 of book 2, I guess, and has a line of dialogue? That's about it, afaik. 

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

He, uh... he's stronger than Roshea in Ch19 of book 2, I guess, and has a line of dialogue? That's about it, afaik. 

He's stronger as a playable in New Mystery, too.

...Too bad that only makes him the third worst unit in the game, just barely beating Roshea. Actually, there's an argument to be made for his sword rank that would place him above Sedgar, I think? But... yeah, we're grasping at straws at this point. Just like the folks who decided his face looked like a meme face slightly!

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate you. With every fiber of my being.

I unironically like him.

I mean I haven’t played any of the games he’s in where he has a personality.