Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I apologise to the Corvin fans out there of course! But, he isnt a blade I employ often due to the whole gamebreaking deal that comes attached to him. I actually like having fun!

I still had fun using Corvin, he made some UMs easy, but I'd like to think he was more a leveler on bosses.

Personality-wise, his "events" didn't do a whole lot for him, an actual Blade Quest might've been better. The upbeat, slightly fantastically heroic personality worked well enough for me, nothing to dislike.

And I don't know why, maybe it's purely my preferences, but let's just say my mind took to Corvin... and a Telethia would writhe begging for the sweet mercy of death if they read it.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personality-wise, his "events" didn't do a whole lot for him, an actual Blade Quest might've been better. The upbeat, slightly fantastically heroic personality worked well enough for me, nothing to dislike.

He does have one though? It's very quick (it's basically a gauntlet of enemies you run through) but it is there.

Did you just forget or did you never actually do it?

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

so personality wise he is also a kirito, eh?

Yeah. Minus the harem.

Although i do like how he's kinda aware of it. One of his awakening lines is "I don't mean to brag but i really am that good". I mean, he's right, he is one of the best Blades in the game.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

He does have one though? It's very quick (it's basically a gauntlet of enemies you run through) but it is there.

Did you just forget or did you never actually do it?

Oh I did it, I know what you must be speaking of, it was Gogols in Tantal. Must've been so unimpressive I didn't really remember it as a Quest. Corvin has those little nothing events besides his quest, and his fellow DLC total-random Blade Crossette doesn't get a Blade Quest IIRC.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Time to give him a female driver and 2 fellow female blades

A female driver wouldn't be bad for Corvin's damage actually, there is a late game accessory called the Charming Swimsuit, wearable only by female Drivers. It increases their damage dealt when using a male Blade by 50%. It's pretty good, IDK if it's a top-tier accessory, but I like it. Rex obviously can't equip it, but there is a gender-flipped equivalent in the Male Loincloth he can equip, increases damage dealt when using a female Blade by 50%.

WHAT

What do you mean there's a treasure chest there?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh I did it, I know what you must be speaking of, it was Gogols in Tantal. Must've been so unimpressive I didn't really remember it as a Quest. Corvin has those little nothing events besides his quest, and his fellow DLC total-random Blade Crossette doesn't get a Blade Quest IIRC.

Oh yeah, both Corvin and Crossette's Blade Quests are just kinda there.

.....ohhhh, you know what it is? You're confusing the Blade Quests with the Heart-to-Hearts. Crosette, Corvin, and Poppibuster all have Blade Quests. They do not have Heart-to-Hearts, and with the former two having Blade Quests that are so short, it explains why they have little side events for their Affinity Charts.

They're the opposite of the NG+ Blades, which have Heart-to-Hearts but not Blade Quests.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, both Corvin and Crossette's Blade Quests are just kinda there.

.....ohhhh, you know what it is? You're confusing the Blade Quests with the Heart-to-Hearts. Crosette, Corvin, and Poppibuster all have Blade Quests. They do not have Heart-to-Hearts, and with the former two having Blade Quests that are so short, it explains why they have little side events for their Affinity Charts.

I must've noticed they didn't have Heart-to-Hearts, but at the same time I didn't notice it for Corvin and Crosette. For Poppibuster, its recruitment quest was plenty.

Corvin and Crosette are odd. They could fit into the base game no problem, I'm not entirely sure why they're DLC and the Teneritas Sisters aren't. Corvin being the very rare Light element and having a great kit is almost necessary for him, because why else would he drum up any excitement barring the few SAO fans? Crosette has some great early game utility, but besides that she has like nada for uniqueness, how pitiful. The poor Blade Quests and lacking characterization on the both of them may be why I mustn't have felt their lack of HtHs, because I was noticing their other faults.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Crosette has some great early game utility, but besides that she has like nada for uniqueness, how pitiful.

Well, i'd say Crossette has more uniqueness than Corvin at least in terms of playstyle. Corvin is busted but he's basically just a glorified katana Blade. There wasn't really a reason to give him a technically separate weapon type.

Whereas Crossette is a Bitball...but she doesn't really feel like one due to how offense-oriented she is. In fact, she acknowledges this in one of her Affinity Chart quotes. On that note, i've been appreciating Affinity Chart quotes more after not thinking about them in previous runs.

As far as characterization goes, i do like Crossette quite a bit. She doesn't have a whole lot dedicated to her but it feels like a "less is more" situation.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

WHY IS THERE A STREET VENDOR SELLING HEADS

What are you talking about?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Vess hmmm

Rex or cool spoiler lady hmm

Wait, do you mean Morag? Morag isn't a spoiler.

Anyways, Bitballs are Morag's worst weapon type so I say Rex.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

In the Kaiju mood. I'm also planning on rewatching King of the Monsters tomorrow. 

And hey, you know what? New goal: finish my Gamera marathon before Godzilla vs Kong comes out.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Whereas Crossette is a Bitball...but she doesn't really feel like one due to how offense-oriented she is. In fact, she acknowledges this in one of her Affinity Chart quotes.

...Which says about how frequently I committed to memory Affinity Chart skill information. Does a Special heal? That was about it 90% of the time. I'm drawing a blank on what Corvin's passives were, I don't remember Pyra's and Dromarch's were, and you think I have the details on those main Blades planted firmly in my mind. I did read each Blade's Affinity Chart, several times, but with so many Blades and me swapping them around to unlock nodes, they didn't stick. 

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, Bitballs are Morag's worst weapon type so I say Rex.

Or, wait for the fifth character, they aren't that far off from Morag.

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, I hope not in real life, at least...

You've never heard of shrunken heads?

They're not worth looking up.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

In Xenoblade 2. Not in real life.

Well, I hope not in real life, at least...

I figured but my reaction to that is still: what?

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But real life is where the fun is!

Incorrect.