Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Imagine being so bad at drawing you can’t write in cursive.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't they? Pretty sure most emulators treat save states like going back in time, so to speak. Saves are restored to how they were at the time the state was saved. At the very least I know VBA does that. But, well, I'm not about to test it out, heh!

VBA certainly does 🙃

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't they? Pretty sure most emulators treat save states like going back in time, so to speak.

They do but a save state is also under a different file than a regular save.

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

mean, it's been a fascinating watch. It's not altruistic in the sense of actively giving to the impoverished, but the bloodied noses given to shorters is something

And of course, Wall Street is gonna try to get lawmakers to do something about it because the rules are fair unless the normal people do it.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Literally who the fuck writes in cursive these days? I can't think of a more useless lesson I learned in school than cursive. 

I don't even know how to write (or read) cursive but it's not like that ever came into play.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

They do but a save state is also under a different file than a regular save.

I mean, yeah, but in most emulators I'm fairly certain save states overwrite regular saves.

This video's thumbnail has cured my hatred for 3H.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All you need to learn is your name, use of cursive is otherwise obsolete. I don't get why they still force it on us. Make the next generation learn programming or finances instead, something thats actually useful. Says the history grad.

But think on the ever so slight bright side:

440px-Sales_contract_Shuruppak_Louvre_AO

It's better than cuneiform. And maybe Hanzi & Kanji, although those are cool in a way.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Literally who the fuck writes in cursive these days? I can't think of a more useless lesson I learned in school than cursive. 

I don't even know how to write (or read) cursive but it's not like that ever came into play.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All you need to learn is your name, use of cursive is otherwise obsolete. I don't get why they still force it on us. Make the next generation learn programming or finances instead, something thats actually useful. Says the history grad.

I’m being made to learn cursive in school.

I always use cursive to write. I can't do anything else well enough, and it's what I was taught in school.

Doesn't make much sense beyond keeping a classical writing style, I guess, but like calligraphy, I'd say it has a good bit of value.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can write cursive decently, but still can't draw worth a fuck.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why imagine it when it's already real?

I'm saying I also suck at these things.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

And of course, Wall Street is gonna try to get lawmakers to do something about it because the rules are fair unless the normal people do it.

Either enforce your classist structure for this and make the inherent unfairness blatant or deal with people figuring out the game in some form and calling you out for it.

I mean, capitalism's fun if you're safe, until you're left in an unstable position right?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This video's thumbnail has cured my hatred for 3H.

Ok, that got me.

He really didn't need to do both, but here we are I guess.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I guess, but like calligraphy, I'd say it has a good bit of value.

Treating cursive as calligraphy is probably the best death it can get. The West, for as utilitarian its Greek-Latin characters seem to be (per basic unit of information, Hanzi/Kanji are better), it lacks for the beauty of the East Asian written word and Arabic.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ok, that got me.

I'd be worried if it didn't, that's the most glorious shit I've seen all day.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

He really didn't need to do both, but here we are I guess.

I mean, the guy hogs all the style of the entire 3H cast. Obviously he'd go for full overkill on the battlefield as well.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it works it works.

“Now I need you to vote for Edelgard, Lysithea, Hilda, Dorothea, Marianne, Claude, and Dimitri UwU”

27 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

I can write cursive decently, but still can't draw worth a fuck.

I mean it’s art class that’s teaching us and she says it helps to think of it as drawing the letters, which made me think they’re related. What is writing but very basic drawings?

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean it’s art class that’s teaching us and she says it helps to think of it as drawing the letters, which made me think they’re related. What is writing but very basic drawings?

Cursive has little to do with drawing though I’d think - assuming with drawing you mean something time intensive. Cursive is all about writing quickly and efficiently, it came about as the writing style of officials, merchants and all those who write enough to warrant a cramping hand.

Granted cursive written by a person who knows what they are doing and maybe had some time, in let´s say a letter? Absolutely beautiful.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“Now I need you to vote for Edelgard, Lysithea, Hilda, Dorothea, Marianne, Claude, and Dimitri UwU”

I refuse.

Also, how'd I even do that? You need a Nintendo account to vote now. I guess because they realized giving everyone infinite votes was dumb. I mean, hell, in CyL 4 I gave Frost three votes per day, simply because I could. I must've been responsible for, like, a third of the votes he had. Now imagine if I'd used that power on characters that actually had a chance to reach the top.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, how'd I even do that? You need a Nintendo account to vote now. I guess because they realized giving everyone infinite votes was dumb. I mean, hell, in CyL 4 I gave Frost three votes per day, simply because I could. I must've been responsible for, like, a third of the votes he had. Now imagine if I'd used that power on characters that actually had a chance to reach the top.

Ask the bots meming Jorge to 12th last year?

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ask the bots meming Jorge to 12th last year?

Yes. Exactly.

...What even is the meme there, anyway? I never got that one. Why is Jorge funny? Please, do enlighten me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Exactly.

...What even is the meme there, anyway? I never got that one. Why is Jorge funny? Please, do enlighten me.

Probably just the idea of someone who can't fight being turned into a fighter. It's the same kind of reaction to Merlinus when he became playable, as it were... and likely why Henriette is also scoring high.

Why Jorge in specific over the other merchants? Who knows.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Exactly.

...What even is the meme there, anyway? I never got that one. Why is Jorge funny?

Essentially someone wanted to do it so badly they never questioned if they should.

For all we know they're boosting Gatekeeper.

The legitimacy of these polls were left wide open to questions and we just left it be. Imagine if the US did that.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Essentially someone wanted to do it so badly they never questioned if they should.

For all we know they're boosting Gatekeeper.

The legitimacy of these polls were left wide open to questions and we just left it be. Imagine if the US did that.

Did you forgot 2016 already?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I refuse.

I was making fun of the 3H fan base. I would never use UwU, especially for Dimitri. But anyway, don’t you ever vote for Claude, Lysithea, or Marianne. Ignoring the fact that the first two won the last CYL, the first one they were included in I believe.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The legitimacy of these polls were left wide open to questions and we just left it be.

I mean, it's not like IntSys aren't the ones who put all the memes into the game alongside the 10 Camilla alts. The polls aren't the only thing "open to questions" about Heroes's choice of characters.

At this point I'd just like to see a losers banner, featuring the CyL bottom places. After this is over, we'll have enough for the customary four units + a grand hero battle or whatever. Plus, I'd get Frost official artwork. Get to it, IntSys.

Just now, Sooks said:

Don’t you ever vote for Claude, Lysithea, or Marianne.

You don't need to tell me twice.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ignoring the fact that the first two won the last CYL, the first one they were included in I believe.

...You don't need to tell me twice.

Marth deserved better than being defeated by a glorified secondary.