• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Of course, that implies any of Coyote's men fucks and that just makes no sense.

Roshea is an obvious top.

...Okay, but no though, FE12 turns Roshea into a legit good character. He's wonderful in that game, both for the FE3 stuff (which was already great for him) and the supports that add interesting sides to his character. What a shame that he's virtually unusable, because if he wasn't borderline Bantu tier I'd honestly use him every time.

Sedgar and Vyland are kinda whatever, though. Neither of them have much going for them. Wolf is a good character, but hot damn the dude's got some issues to take care of before he can start thinking about fucking anyone.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What a shame that he's virtually unusable, because if he wasn't borderline Bantu tier I'd honestly use him every time.

Can we get an F for Bantu, who was super good in FE3 but made into absolute trash in FE12? 

Goddamnit, DSFE, stop nerfing the fun units!

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bowser's Fury takes 6 hours to 100%, yeah, I'm not buying this at full price lmao.

Same. I owned the original. Unless there's a notable drop in price (it's Mario, there won't be one of course) I'm not picking it up.

---------

vibes

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why?

Which are you asking about?

I'm not gonna lie, that second line was rather carelessly added. I guess it stuck from some person discussing SDatBoL Michalis, that it might be applicable elsewhere. I don't think it worked.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bowser's Fury takes 6 hours to 100%, yeah, I'm not buying this at full price lmao.

R.I.P.

14 minutes ago, Spara said:

Can we get an F for Bantu, who was super good in FE3 but made into absolute trash in FE12? 

Goddamnit, DSFE, stop nerfing the fun units!

Oh yeah, manaketes were absolutely more fun in SNES. One of those things that I wish they hadn't changed in the DS remakes.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

just finished a wonderful class in which I learned why and how y = mx + b and how to find those values. I’m so well prepared for life! Thank you school!! Nothing can take my down in my adult life now!

Congrats, you're more advanced than me in math and I'm in grade 10...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

If this a reference? If so I don’t get it.

I was taking a shot on that song being common enough. It's referencing a song from the Witcher that got some relevance when the show came out.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was taking a shot on that song being common enough. It's referencing a song from the Witcher that got some relevance when the show came out.

That explains it, I know nothing about the Witcher.

@Lightchao42 the Kaiju news just keeps coming

Never would've imagined King Kong getting an anime series but if it's good, I'm all for it.

Wish they picked a different name though, now I'm going to have to differentiate between Skull Island the movie and Skull Island the anime series.

Edit: oh it's by the same guys who made the Castlevania anime (well it's not technically anime but shhhh).

Edited by Armagon

Look guys look, I'm going to make a Berwick Saga meme.

Ahem.

What if you

Kc48an7l o

But Jonathan said

Saa2e1ka o

What I'm trying to say is, I just wasted all of my funds on the tapestry.

Now I can truly claim to be a Berwick Saga fan.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I'm trying to say is, I just wasted all of my funds on the tapestry.

Now I can truly claim to be a Berwick Saga fan.

Good. What chapter are you on now?

I grabbed it super early in my second playthrough (start of 4) and it was super nice to have that early.

Just now, Spara said:

Good. What chapter are you on now?

I grabbed it super early in my second playthrough (start of 4) and it was super nice to have that early.

Start of 4? That's early, all right. I was a bit short then, so I just grabbed Art: Revival. Still, chapter 6. Not too shabby, not too shabby!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wish they picked a different name though, now I'm going to have to differentiate between Skull Island the movie and Skull Island the anime series.

Edit: oh it's by the same guys who made the Castlevania anime (well it's not technically anime but shhhh).

On the one hand, that is a good omen.

On the other hand, where's Season 4 of Castlevania?

I think my interest with the Sims 4 is basically done, the Toddlers are kind of bad and not really fun because they need a parent/adult to do everything which might be more realistic than in the Sims 3, I‘ve never raised a toddler so idk, but it doesn’t matter if it’s more realistic because it’s really annoying to play through. This is in combination with the reward for having the toddler have a good toddler period of life* being changed to something so utterly unrealistic to achieve in the 8 days a sim spends as a toddler unless you turn off aging or maybe increase sim lifespans to long, I don’t know how much longer they increase by, has killed my interest. Toddlers are a slog.

My opinion on the game? I’m not sure. Changes like being able to complete and change lifetime aspirations at will, and being encouraged to do so, only having three personality traits per sim, and the complete removal of story progression* definitely leave this one a duller experience. It still has the same fun gameplay, just less so, and I could certainly consider myself addicted at the beginning when it was just my starting sim because of that. Those toddlers though. Anyway, I certainly enjoyed the Sims 3 a lot more... but I don’t know why. Those changes were bad, sure, but the gameplay itself is mostly the same, and other changes to it like emotions (yes Sims haven’t had emotions until the 4th game. Great job guys.) and social events were great. Maybe the Toddlers really are that bad, or maybe I’m just in a funk and will actually pick up the game again, or maybe I just have to get through the toddler stage. If I had to pick one or the other, despite me enjoying the Sims 3 more for reasons I can’t think of, I would still pick the Sims 4, probably because it’s newer and neither is that different. I want the pet dlc, and the supernatural dlc, which might be just vampires now...

But this really might just be a funk and I’ll suddenly play again soon.

*When I say a good period of life, I mean that in the Sims 3, for keeping all their needs high consistently, you were rewarded with being able to pick their traits when they aged up to a kid. In the Sims 4 you can always do this, but if you get all of their skills to level 5 before they age up they get a 25% boost to all skill growths. That’s not even possible under normal aging, why EA?

*Story progression was a feature of the Sims 3 where other Sims could actually progress along in their lives as well, getting married to other not-played Sims and having kids (so you can play multiple generations of the whole town instead of just having them move out and other families come in like in the Sims 4), and even dying. That was nice.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think my interest with the Sims 4 is basically done, the Toddlers are kind of bad and not really fun because they need a parent/adult to do everything which might be more realistic than in the Sims 3, I‘ve never raised a toddler so idk, but it doesn’t matter if it’s more realistic because it’s really annoying to play through. This is in combination with the reward for having the toddler have a good toddler period of life* being changed to something so utterly unrealistic to achieve in the 8 days a sim spends as a toddler unless you turn off aging or maybe increase sim lifespans to long, I don’t know how much longer they increase by, has killed my interest. Toddlers are a slog.

My opinion on the game? I’m not sure. Changes like being able to complete and change lifetime aspirations at will, and being encouraged to do so, only having three personality traits per sim, and the complete removal of story progression* definitely leave this one a duller experience. It still has the same fun gameplay, just less so, and I could certainly consider myself addicted at the beginning when it was just my starting sim because of that. Those toddlers though. Anyway, I certainly enjoyed the Sims 3 a lot more... but I don’t know why. Those changes were bad, sure, but the gameplay itself is mostly the same, and other changes to it like emotions (yes Sims haven’t had emotions until the 4th game. Great job guys.) and social events were great. Maybe the Toddlers really are that bad, or maybe I’m just in a funk and will actually pick up the game again, or maybe I just have to get through the toddler stage. If I had to pick one or the other, despite me enjoying the Sims 3 more for reasons I can’t think of, I would still pick the Sims 4, probably because it’s newer and neither is that different. I want the pet dlc, and the supernatural dlc, which might be just vampires now...

But this really might just be a funk and I’ll suddenly play again soon.

*When I say a good period of life, I mean that in the Sims 3, for keeping all their needs high consistently, you were rewarded with being able to pick their traits when they aged up to a kid. In the Sims 4 you can always do this, but if you get all of their skills to level 5 before they age up they get a 25% boost to all skill growths. That’s not even possible under normal aging, why EA?

*Story progression was a feature of the Sims 3 where other Sims could actually progress along in their lives as well, getting married to other not-played Sims and having kids (so you can play multiple generations of the whole town instead of just having them move out and other families come in like in the Sims 4), and even dying. That was nice.

I remember playing the Sims 3 when I was a kid. I spent more time designing my home than actually playing. I also had fun using cheats to mess with one family I made, until I ended up spending more time with them than with the legit one. Heh. Good times.

Years later I tried playing the game again. I obtained the game alongside all the DLCs, and spent a whole day waiting on the download. Unfortunately, it ran like shit, so I was unable to get anywhere. Meh.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think my interest with the Sims 4 is basically done, the Tod

So, what's next for you in terms of gaming?

Alright, made it to Riverwood. Still not doing much of anything... outside pickpocketing and picking locks... the usual I guess, haha...

What can I say, I want that +100 carry capacity perk, haha.

So, I've had thoughts on doing this before.

I've gone and made a series of charts calculating the probability of weapons and shields breaking in Berwick Saga.

What I did was draft out a graph of the amount of durability lost for each weapon rank until it reached at most 1, then took those numbers and related them to the percentages for weapons breaking in Berwick making a reference chart, then calculated in sequence the multiple of the cell in the reference chart and the cell above the one being inputted, then took the difference of that from one for presentation's sake. Obviously this used a few formulae because writing that one cell at a time would be madness.

It does remind you there's durability, even if it's handled differently.

Spoiler

Shields (Yes D and E share the same amount)

BerwickShieldBreak.png.c35d98895ffc6dfe1155caed89b4462b.png

Weapons (Without S rank due to the gap)

BerwickWeaponBreakNoS.png.9ce767b1b258a75c2cac70c9a824ba82.png

(With S rank)

BerwickWeaponBreak.png.d660635590989f740c10a40197d81e98.png

Edited by Dayni