Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So, I've had thoughts on doing this before.

I've gone and made a series of charts calculating the probability of weapons and shields breaking in Berwick Saga.

What I did was draft out a graph of the amount of durability lost for each weapon rank until it reached at most 1, then took those numbers and related them to the percentages for weapons breaking in Berwick making a reference chart, then calculated in sequence the multiple of the cell in the reference chart and the cell above the one being inputted, then took the difference of that from one for presentation's sake. Obviously this used a few formulae because writing that one cell at a time would be madness.

It does remind you there's durability, even if it's handled differently.

Hide contents

Shields (Yes D and E share the same amount)

BerwickShieldBreak.png.c35d98895ffc6dfe1155caed89b4462b.png

Weapons (Without S rank due to the gap)

BerwickWeaponBreakNoS.png.9ce767b1b258a75c2cac70c9a824ba82.png

(With S rank)

BerwickWeaponBreak.png.d660635590989f740c10a40197d81e98.png

Now that is awesome. Good to know I only have to tank 101 hits from Chaos to cheese his boss fight.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

So, what's next for you in terms of gaming?

I’d answer, but that would start a flame war 😜

My interest in the Sims 4 also just might have declined naturally because the Sims is one of those games that you just play continuously until you’re done with it, like farming simulators, there isn’t really “winning a life simulator”. What should end the game here? Maxing out your money? Owning the biggest house? Maxing out every skill? Make it to level 10 in every career? Having your sims all happily married? When your Sims die and have no heirs to continue the household and you have to make a new one? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My interest might have also declined because I got to where the Deathly Hallows gets really good today, and I’ve been rereading it while playing the Sims (not at the same time, but like I’ll put down the Sims and pick up the book and so forth).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember playing the Sims 3 when I was a kid. I spent more time designing my home than actually playing.

Blasphemy.

I also had fun using cheats to mess with one family I made, until I ended up spending more time with them than with the legit one. Heh. Good times.

I retract that statement; you know how to play the game.

Years later I tried playing the game again. I obtained the game alongside all the DLCs, and spent a whole day waiting on the download. Unfortunately, it ran like shit, so I was unable to get anywhere. Meh.

F

It’s fun!

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

If they are using katanas, yes. Counter Arts are very rare in this game but it does get inconvenient when you can't tell your AI party members to stop attacking.

Man, even outside FE enemy myrmidons are a pain

These are just my early thoughts so far but while I wouldn't call Atelier Ryza 2 a "perfect sequel", it does seem like Gust took all of the feedback from the first game very seriously and focused on improving the good while also addressing the issues of the first game. Literally all the problems I had with with the first game are just not here anymore and that makes me happy.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, even outside FE enemy myrmidons are a pain

Dread it. Run from it. Myrmidons still arrive.

Btw, Overdrive Corvin over to Morag. That combination is honestly insane.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Hmmm

I gave her Gundam poppi xD

I didn't pop Corvin yet, but maybe it's about time i do....

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Lightchao42 the Kaiju news just keeps coming

Never would've imagined King Kong getting an anime series but if it's good, I'm all for it.

Wish they picked a different name though, now I'm going to have to differentiate between Skull Island the movie and Skull Island the anime series.

Edit: oh it's by the same guys who made the Castlevania anime (well it's not technically anime but shhhh).

It worth noting that it just has Castlevania's animation studio. It's being written by Brian Duffield whose works are mostly various combinations of action, horror, and comedy, which given K:SI seems to be fitting.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My interest might have also declined because I got to where the Deathly Hallows gets really good today, and I’ve been rereading it while playing the Sims (not at the same time, but like I’ll put down the Sims and pick up the book and so forth).

The last time I read Deathly Hallows, I skipped the whole 300 page camping trip and resumed when they got back to Hogwarts. I assume that's the part where it gets "really good". Though in hindsight, maybe I should've at least resumed from the Malfoy Manor part...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Using Corvin before postgame is for quitters! He makes the game too easy.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

The last time I read Deathly Hallows, I skipped the whole 300 page camping trip and resumed when they got back to Hogwarts. I assume that's the part where it gets "really good". Though in hindsight, maybe I should've at least resumed from the Malfoy Manor part...

Well I think the entire thing is good, if that wasn’t obvious, so I read the whole thing, but I think when it gets really good starts with the chapter where they go speak to Xenophilius Lovegood, which is when the story starts to lead into the Malfoy Manor bit which is amazing, although it’s mostly setup for what happens right after that and isn’t strictly necessary for that chapter. But yeah, that bit is great and the other grand adventure they have before returning to Hogwarts is worth a read I’m pretty sure, although I haven’t gotten there yet, I think it’s the next chapter.

Xenophilius sounds like the next thing Monolith Soft would work on... funny how it goes from that and Pandora to... Luna. Okay, I get it, but it's still a so normal sounding name...

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Xenophilius sounds like the next thing Monolith Soft would work on...

No, it's what I'd name my son if I got sent back ~300 years or more, and the only video games that came with me were Xeno games. What could be better than "love of Xeno" for them?

I'd stay away from naming my daughter the same, because Xenophilia sounds like it'd mean I/her enjoy getting probed by little green men.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, if i use overdrive protocol do blades still retain affinity charts or not?

Alls retained. Same if you move Poppibuster or Shulk or Fiora in the Land of Challenge onto someone else, as you are free to do with no costs.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alls retained. Same if you move Poppibuster or Shulk or Fiora in the Land of Challenge onto someone else, as you are free to do with no costs.

Good good. Thanks^^

What subject title does one give a professional email where they’re asking about a program they were apart of but only have vague memories of and can’t even remember the name? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh calm down! *Smacks you with a feather boa*

Must be something special in that scarf that gives him a mellowing power shared by no other.

Methinks it's his cocky attitude! Xd

Seriously, using him after a while, imo, gets kinda boring. Like, being literally invincible to damage just isnt fun after a while.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, is there some way to get poppi crystals aside from that stupid minigame?

Only in NG+. also some DLC gives you some I'm pretty sure.

I highly reccomend not blowing the ones you do have, hang on to em for later.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is....

Already used most of them F

Well, that sucks. If you plan on playing NG+, it doesnt matter much though. If not... yikes.

I guess... get into playing Tora!Tora! More often, hahaha xd

Sorry, couldn't resist there.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I gave her Gundam poppi xD

Best Shield Hammer.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The last time I read Deathly Hallows, I skipped the whole 300 page camping trip and resumed when they got back to Hogwarts. I assume that's the part where it gets "really good".

That's like most of the book tho.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, is there some way to get poppi crystals aside from that stupid minigame?

You can convert parts you don't need into Ether Crystals.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I guess... get into playing Tora!Tora! More often, hahaha xd

Rex_Dissapointed_Stare.png

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can convert parts you don't need into Ether Crystals.

OOOOH, good!

Time to sell all the low level stuff then xD