Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Essentially someone wanted to do it so badly they never questioned if they should.

For all we know they're boosting Gatekeeper.

The legitimacy of these polls were left wide open to questions and we just left it be.

Was the only evidence that this Jorge guy was in 12th?

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At this point I'd just like to see a losers banner, featuring the CyL bottom places. After this is over, we'll have enough for the customary four units + a grand hero battle or whatever. Plus, I'd get Frost official artwork. Get to it, IntSys.

Wait who is that again?

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait who is that again?

This guy:

Frost (Character) - Giant Bomb

A Macedonian priest who first appeared in the Satellaview FE, then added to New Mystery.

Wait who is that again?

Oh right, I never did explain... He's a bishop who's playable in Minerva's Archanea Chronicle, as well as New Mystery. He's quite possibly the most unpopular character in the entire series.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This guy:

Frost (Character) - Giant Bomb

A Macedonian priest who first appeared in the Satellaview FE, then added to New Mystery.

That's the man's face, yes. Honestly, it's one of the reasons I'm so fond of the guy. Everything about him screams one-off boss, from his face to his attire; but not only is he playable, he's also the most wholesome, kind grandpa in Archanea. How does a guy like that develop a square-shaped frown? I'll never understand it, but I love it.

Guy got done dirty. New Mystery states how he's trying to catch up with Marth's army as early as the first time they were in Macedon (so Chapters 2-3), but then loses the trail when Marth goes to Anri's Way, and only finally catch up at Adrah Pass (Chapter 18), after having to first find out where they were again.

He at least looked happy in his BSFE mug. Maybe the frown is for all the walking he had to do. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

New Mystery states how he's trying to catch up with Marth's army as early as the first time they were in Macedon (so Chapters 2-3), but then loses the trail when Marth goes to Anri's Way, and only finally catch up at Adrah Pass (Chapter 18), after having to first find out where they were again.

That's another part of why I like him. The guy straight up travels for months, from one side of Archanea to the other twice just so he can thank Marth for saving his country. How badass is that?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's another part of why I like him. The guy straight up travels for months, from one side of Archanea to the other twice just so he can thank Marth for saving his country. How badass is that?

True. Though it'd be funny if he had actually tried to brave Anri's Way himself too.

Frost: *After finally reaching Ice Dragon Temple* At last, there's nowhere Marth can head to without running into me!

Gotoh: Oh, I already warped Marth away from here.

Frost: ...

---

Also:

Speedrunner Completionists hate him!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

True. Though it'd be funny if he had actually tried to brave Anri's Way himself too.

I mean, the Sable Knights pulled it off. Just nonchalantly walked into the volcano to have a friendly chat with Marth, like it's nobody's business. They didn't even take off their oversized jackets, for crying out loud!

Speaking of those guys, I love them too. Actually, scratch that, I love all of the Archanea Chronicles dudes. I like all of their designs. All of them. They're so cool, it's criminal that only Malice got artwork of any sort.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also:

Ahahahahahah... Yeah, I've seen that one before. The OG Chronicles were weird, man. I'm glad FE12 adapted them into more conventional chapters.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, the Sable Knights pulled it off. Just nonchalantly walked into the volcano to have a friendly chat with Marth, like it's nobody's business. They didn't even take off their oversized jackets, for crying out loud!

Speaking of those guys, I love them too. Actually, scratch that, I love all of the Archanea Chronicles dudes. I like all of their designs. All of them. They're so cool, it's criminal that only Malice got artwork of any sort.

Ahahahahahah... Yeah, I've seen that one before. The OG Chronicles were weird, man. I'm glad FE12 adapted them into more conventional chapters.

To be fair, they had horses, so they could catch up much faster than Frost.

That's certainly a unique recruitment alright. lol

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was the only evidence that this Jorge guy was in 12th?

It's due to the trending increase Jorge had in CYL over the years. PM1 had a video discussing it around the time of CYL last year (another topic around the same time here), here's another thread listing some of the posts from the Jorge botter in particular closer to time here. The problem being of course that there's no caught red handed moment in all this, combined with the lack of an idea of the scope of botting involved, the making mandatory of needing a Nintendo account wouldn't change that.)

(I doubt Gatekeeper would be there solely on bots, but I do think it's possible some of those with large votes are getting bots too.)

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the man's face, yes. Honestly, it's one of the reasons I'm so fond of the guy. Everything about him screams one-off boss, from his face to his attire; but not only is he playable, he's also the most wholesome, kind grandpa in Archanea. How does a guy like that develop a square-shaped frown? I'll never understand it, but I love it.

Y'know, he kinda reminds me of a certain other old man who's giving advice to young lords I've mentioned before.

Sure, grumpier, but I never felt he was that NPC'ish. Hell, his BSFE portrait's not a boss at all!

Edited by Dayni

I regret to inform you that Ryza can't even interact with barrels aside from breaking them, which means she does not say "barrel", which means the game is shit actually. 0/10 smh.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, they had horses, so they could catch up much faster than Frost.

Anri's way, though. Those three badasses made it through the awful desert chapter on their own, as cavaliers, armed with nothing but steel weaponry. Marth ain't got shit on 'em, they're the true heroes of Archanea. Them and their unparalleled fashion sense. Seriously, I want a jacket like that.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Y'know, he kinda reminds me of a certain other old man who's giving advice to young lords I've mentioned before.

Prince Marth, You're really going to get a kick out of this! Your promotion was in my sleeve the whole time!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sure, grumpier, but I never felt he was that NPC'ish.

He has a square-shaped frown that doesn't even match his character

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hell, his BSFE portrait's not a boss at all!

Ahahahahahah! Yeah... Imagine being a clone of a generic boss, not even a recolor.

This post was made by the Maerchen gang.

I just finished a wonderful class in which I learned why and how y = mx + b and how to find those values. I’m so well prepared for life! Thank you school!! Nothing can take my down in my adult life now!

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh right, I never did explain... He's a bishop who's playable in Minerva's Archanea Chronicle, as well as New Mystery. He's quite possibly the most unpopular character in the entire series.

Why don’t they like him? He seems cool.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I regret to inform you that Ryza can't even interact with barrels aside from breaking them, which means she does not say "barrel", which means the game is shit actually. 0/10 smh.

I know you're kidding with that, but it does seem odd that the running barrel joke was apparently scrapped.

Just now, Sooks said:

I'd think it's not actual dislike, just... it's hard to know him when he's been in Japan-only stuff. And then over in Japan there's just more popular characters.

Just now, Sooks said:

Not a very good unit, late joiner, in one of the least played games in the series (not quite Gaiden or Thracia, but it's up there), old man, no official artwork of any kind... The deck was stacked against him.

As Acacia said, though, it's not dislike, he's just forgotten by everyone. Except me, because I'm a damn weirdo.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Prince Marth, You're really going to get a kick out of this! Your promotion was in my sleeve the whole time!

I said something like this ages ago, but I wanted to imagine one of the mage kids in Marth's army's his grandkid.

Because he was in NMotE and get very little characterisation or interaction beyond his recruitment.

In other words he was in obscure games and doesn't get enough time to shine.

Just now, Dayni said:

I wanted to imagine one of the mage kids in Marth's army's his grandkid.

Holy shit, I actually remember that conversation! FE6 LP, wasn't it? I remember I made an edit of my GBA Frost portrait giving him Merric's color palette.

It was awful.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Because he was in NMotE and get very little characterisation or interaction beyond his recruitment.

He does have his Kris support, which isn't the worst Kris support in existence, plus his involvement in the Dragoon chronicle which is pretty good. It's more than some others get. Like Vyland.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I know you're kidding with that, but it does seem odd that the running barrel joke was apparently scrapped.

iirc, Atelier Lulua also didn't have the main character interacting with barrels, however, barrels were an item you could craft. 

I don't think you can weaponize barrels in Ryza 2. You couldn't in the first game.

The closest barrel joke so far is just Ryza bumping into one because she isn't paying attention.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

He does have his Kris support, which isn't the worst Kris support in existence, plus his involvement in the Dragoon chronicle which is pretty good. It's more than some others get. Like Vyland.

Yet Vyland/Viraku has the memes. At least in Japan. He's apparently the FE Yaranaika guy. Whatever that meme is... never really fully understood it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

iirc, Atelier Lulua also didn't have the main character interacting with barrels, however, barrels were an item you could craft. 

I don't think you can weaponize barrels in Ryza 2. You couldn't in the first game.

The closest barrel joke so far is just Ryza bumping into one because she isn't paying attention.

Huh.

Gotta say, the game looks fantastic for being on Switch.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yet Vyland/Viraku has the memes. At least in Japan. He's apparently the FE Yaranaika guy. Whatever that meme is... never really fully understood it.

True enough. Let me try again: Warren.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Gotta say, the game looks fantastic for being on Switch.

Oh yeah, it's definitely the prettiest-looking Atelier game. 

Edited by Armagon