Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

IMG_20210129_165814.jpg

IMG_20210129_165819.jpg

IMG_20210129_165822.jpg

One of these things is not like the others.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Gormott-Still trying to rescue...Gosh, I can't even remember her name anymore...The one with the cool cat. Not to be confused with THE Cool Cat

I'm just doing all the sidequests and stuff. I only have to give some bloke some floaty reeds, and then I can move onto the main story.

Ah.

You probably have enough BEXP to jump at least five or so levels (don't actually do this unless you need to).

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You probably have enough BEXP to jump at least five or so levels (don't actually do this unless you need to).

Is level 13 too high right now? I plan to save my BEXP and stuff for when I get another Driver.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

you have Corvin

I don't use him though, just have him doing Merc missions so when i decide to use him he will have some affinity xD

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well, Blade Quests are fine but it depends on the Blade itself too

If only there wasn't so much back and forth...

Like i did Nim's yesterday, and while the boss fights were fun, why did i have to travel the whole of Alrest for 2 fights...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is level 13 too high right now? I plan to save my BEXP and stuff for when I get another Driver.

You are in Gormott, right? I was also around that lvl there. 

And yeah save BEXP, i almost never use them either

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You are in Gormott, right? I was also around that lvl there. 

And yeah save BEXP, i almost never use them either

OK!

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nah, you're fine.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Like i did Nim's yesterday, and while the boss fights were fun, why did i have to travel the whole of Alrest for 2 fights...

Oh well traveling between different areas doesn't bother me too much, if at all.

It does bother me though when they have me go to an area only to make me go back immediately after.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It does bother me though when they have me go to an area only to make me go back immediately after.

''go to my friends 5 cm away''

''pls report back to him''

If I capture Riddle, I stand a good chance to be able to buy the treasure chest before the chapter ends, so I can nab the knife and then start picking up free treasures (well, I mean, "free") immediately in chapter 8. Of course, that's a big if, but...

Ahh, the lengths to which I go for you, Jonathan... You absolute piece of con artist crap, you. What would this game be without you?

Fun fact about Berwick Saga: Each time you open the treasure chest, there's a 0.00003% chance to get one of seven talismans. No, I'm not kidding. That is the correct chance, according to Serenes. You thought RNG durability was bad? It ain't got shit on Jonathan, that bastard.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact about Berwick Saga: Each time you open the treasure chest, there's a 0.00003% chance to get one of seven talismans. No, I'm not kidding. That is the correct chance, according to Serenes. You thought RNG durability was bad? It ain't got shit on Jonathan, that bastard.

That does sound a bit lower then the likelihood of a Pokemon being shiny, which is 0.012%, I believe.

But hey, at least you get up to 13 tries in one run, compared to Pokemon where... I don't know, how long does it take for 13+ random encounters? 20 Minutes?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What do they exactl do?

Actually, "talismans" is what Serenes calls them. They're just the regular braces that you can find elsewhere. The tressure chest just has a microscopic chance to give you one, for no reason at all.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

One of these things is not like the others.

I saw this stuff earlier. Looks like everything has gone into the game's presentation, reallllllly trying to recapture the whimsy charm of Nights into Dreams, to the Bloodstained/Kaga Saga point of imitation, minus the flying gameplay. I saw a few comments that said the developer hired to help with this game -Arzest- has a shoddy record, and that the demo is stuck being on the inferior side of 64-PS2 quality era in terms of 3D platforming. What a waste of good atmosphere this, a game to released in two months, shall likely be.

Yuji Naka can't put out a clean title nowadays, whoever's fault it is for that. Rodea the Sky Soldier, his last major creative title, was decent- 7/10, except that is only true of the Wii version I read. The Wii U and 3DS versions were 4/10 bad.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, "talismans" is what Serenes calls them. They're just the regular braces that you can find elsewhere. The tressure chest just has a microscopic chance to give you one, for no reason at all.

oooooh!

I thought it would be something really good for 0.00003% lol...

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The patch calls them "charms".

So this would include the powerful and otherwise unobtainable charms from the cemetery, but also the rather mediocre Thief Charm, Miracle Charm and Healing Charm.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

The patch calls them "charms".

Right, goddamnit, sorry. Confused them for the braces, because I'm pretty sure there's also seven of those.

These outdated Serenes articles. Best place in the internet for Berwick information, if you can figure out the name discrepancies. One of the pages still calls Volcens "Araken"!

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

So this would include the otherwise unobtainable charms from the cemetery, but also the rather mediocre Thief Charm, Miracle Charm and Healing Charm.

Imagine nailing the 0.00003 chance only to get the thief charm.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oooooh!

I thought it would be something really good for 0.00003% lol...

It's Jonathan. Since when does Jonathan give you anything that's super good? I mean, for crying out loud, one of those damned things is 32 grand for a frigging 10% increase to Reese's HP growth.

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

But hey, at least you get up to 13 tries in one run, compared to Pokemon where... I don't know, how long does it take for 13+ random encounters? 20 Minutes?

Unless we're talking DP with animations on, definitely less, especially if you're turning off animations.

So it's just the in game charms right? Imagine getting the +avoid one....

Just now, BrightBow said:

Accuracy would most certainly be the preferred one.

I dunno, man. Dusk charm Faye is a meme to match Derrick. But yeah, accuracy is the way to go, as far as the charms are concerned.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

that the demo is stuck being on the inferior side of 64-PS2 quality era in terms of 3D platforming.

Yep. Except even when comparing it to those, it still probably ranks on the lower end.

You've probably already heard but you could deadass play Balan Wonderworld with an Atari controller. Every action can be done with any of the face buttons and you only ever have one action, unless it's a two part. When you have no abilities, the only thing you can do is jump. When you get an ability, jump is replaced by whatever the ability is.

Also the game runs like shit. It doesn't even feel like 30 fps and it doesn't help that the game just controls really stiffly. Jumping has like no momentum.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Just got ANOTHER rare blade! That is 5/10 Blades I've pulled...

And fantastic, this one has a book fetish.

Jeez, save some rare Blades for the rest of the party. Have you rescued Nia yet?

Meanwhile in my recent playthrough, I was halfway through the game before I got five rare Blades...