Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, BrightBow said:

Well, it is kinda amusing how even after two waves of DLC, Piranha Plant is still one of the better DLC characters.
Only really beaten by Terry, I'd say. Though Terry really is amazing. That character himself can do so much. The stage has a really fun gimmick. The music selection is overwhelming...
Of course having a fighting game legend like him join is absolutely amazing by default. But damn, so much bang for the buck.

Sephiroth was kind of a big deal too, wasn't he? And honestly, as divisive as he is, Steve represents a very important game.

Beyond that, I feel like they're mostly a "great if you're a fan, worthless otherwise" deal. People shouldn't have purchased DLC passes before knowing what they'd contain. If they hadn't, they wouldn't have been nearly as upset by Byleth.

Just now, Sooks said:

I personally am just waiting for all the character demands in the live chat of the Pyra/Mythra showcase.

Expect Waluigi and a lot of nondescript "I dunno just not this" statements.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

FFFFFFFYFTDUGAHLHUYDKGJ ASERFGVMLK'OK;AWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEMN .MCNCVKMK,M K;LDPPJITO6

I MIXED UP THE TOMIC WEGHTS OF NITROGEN AND CARBON ON A TEST

AAAAAAAAAFEVGTJJHFUKYJRLCF; /F'

]['; LVTL'D

[

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

“I dunno just not anime”*

People were really quick to forget Banjo, right? You'd think they'd at least defend that, since it's not anime and is from their childhood, therefore it's automatically a great addition (never mind the fact that he's from a dead franchise in a mostly dead genre), but it seems it's Waluigi or Death all the way.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Beyond that, I feel like they're mostly a "great if you're a fan, worthless otherwise" deal. People shouldn't have purchased DLC passes before knowing what they'd contain. If they hadn't, they wouldn't have been nearly as upset by Byleth.

I know. This is something I really love about Smash: It's not designed to make the game feel incomplete if you don't buy the DLC characters.
This is something that fighting games in particular really indulge in these days. They love putting their slots onto the character select screen as if they were an unlockable character or have them show up as a random opponent in Arcade Mode or whatever.
The character select screen of Dragonball FighterZ for example looks like a complete mess these days without DLC because the number of greyed out icons with shopping cards match the ones of characters from the base game.

But in Smash, even after all this time it still feels like Byleth was never even added. It's great.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

FFFFFFFYFTDUGAHLHUYDKGJ ASERFGVMLK'OK;AWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEMN .MCNCVKMK,M K;LDPPJITO6

I MIXED UP THE TOMIC WEGHTS OF NITROGEN AND CARBON ON A TEST

AAAAAAAAAFEVGTJJHFUKYJRLCF; /F'

]['; LVTL'D

[

Spoilers for real life: every kid has gotten a question wrong on a test.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People were really quick to forget Banjo, right? You'd think they'd at least defend that, since it's not anime and is from their childhood, therefore it's automatically a great addition (never mind the fact that he's from a dead franchise in a mostly dead genre), but it seems it's Waluigi or Death all the way.

It used to be Banjo or death, and then everyone celebrated for a while... but that was old news, so the smash community is itself again.

Spoilers for real life: every kid has gotten a question wrong on a test.

Dumb mistakes hurt more... I know their atomic masses off the top of my head, but I dun goofed.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Dumb mistakes hurt more... I know their atomic masses off the top of my head, but I dun goofed.

Which is why it shouldn’t hurt, it was an error and not a lack of knowledge of the material.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

It happens. One time I failed a test because I didn't turn the paper around.

Thankfully the teacher was awesome and gave me  a second chance when I explained my blunder, but... Yeah. That was embarrasing.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I know. This is something I really love about Smash: It's not designed to make the game feel incomplete if you don't buy the DLC characters.
This is something that fighting games in particular really indulge in these days. They love putting their slots onto the character select screen as if they were an unlockable character or have them show up as a random opponent in Arcade Mode or whatever.
The character select screen of Dragonball FighterZ for example looks like a complete mess these days without DLC because the number of greyed out icons with shopping cards match the ones of characters from the base game.

But in Smash, even after all this time it still feels like Byleth was never even added. It's great.

I agree, it's quite non-intrusive. You gotta give them credit for that.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It used to be Banjo or death, and then everyone celebrated for a while... but that was old news, so the smash community is itself again.

To be honest, I do feel they could make a fun fighter with Waluigi. But at this point if they dared to add him it would result in a worse shitstorm than the one Steve caused.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Which is why it shouldn’t hurt, it was an error and not a lack of knowledge of the material.

Unnecessary errors are unnecessary!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

One time I failed a test because I didn't turn the paper around.

3a7.jpg.7ea2e8755975bdcdaec67a83d782360e.jpg

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, I do feel they could make a fun fighter with Waluigi. But at this point if they dared to add him it would result in a worse shitstorm than the one Steve caused.

It would?? Who doesn’t want Waluigi? Other than Sakurai of course.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Unnecessary errors are unnecessary!

Existence is unnecessary! Schooling is unnecessary! Tests are unnecessary! Grades are unnecessary! Yet here were are...

Edited by Sooks
I made an “unnecessary mistake” too!

Existence is unnecessary! Schooling is unnecessary! Tests are unnecessary! Grades are unnecessary! Yet here we’re are...

There is a difference between things we can realistically  control without hurting ourselves, (What we eat, how much we try to sleep, etc.) and what we can't- (Jobs, school, our birth) and unforced errors fall into the former.

I just looked up what does soap feel like because I didn’t quite know how to describe it for my science assignment and... the first thing that came up was the entire assignment filled out................

Edited by Sooks
Autocorrect is a language nobody can speak.

Just now, Sooks said:

I just looked up what does soap feel like because I didn’t quite know how to describe it for my scrivener assignment and... the first thing that came up was the entire assignment filled out................

It would?? Who doesn’t want Waluigi?

The memes would overrun the game.

Other than Sakurai of course.

If it was up to Sakurai the game would be called Smash Emblem

Exams huh? I will tell you a story

Bwck during the first semester, the mechanics 1 exam had 2 parts: a theory part worth 10 points and a calculation part worth 40. To pass you only need 20 points iirc, however you had to have 5 or more points in the theory part, or you fail, no matter what

I got 39/40 in the calculation part...

4/10 in the Theory part.

Thankfully i was able to review the exam and get that 1 point i needed, but i had to argue for like an hour to explain why my theory answer is right lol

1 point made the difference between A and F lol

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Benice said:

It’s not an oof though.

It’s more of a vR3U2Tn.jpgor

4j5s5Mc.jpg

Or even a VMBlr0q.jpg

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

There is a difference between things we can realistically  control without hurting ourselves, (What we eat, how much we try to sleep, etc.) and what we can't- (Jobs, school, our birth) and unforced errors fall into the former.

Expecting yourself to be perfect isn’t realistic at all!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Exams huh? I will tell you a story

Bwck during the first semester, the mechanics 1 exam had 2 parts: a theory part worth 10 points and a calculation part worth 40. To pass you only need 20 points iirc, however you had to have 5 or more points in the theory part, or you fail, no matter what

I got 39/40 in the calculation part...

4/10 in the Theory part.

Thankfully i was able to review the exam and get that 1 point i needed, but i had to argue for like an hour to explain why my theory answer is right lol

1 point made the difference between A and F lol

Ah, yes. Because you totally aren't ready if you can do everything perfectly but can't be bothered to hammer the theory that you could easily look up if you needed it into your head by reading it over and over again. Also known as school's greatest failing.

Sorry, just ranting about school again. Don't mind me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio