Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I got Holyn. Nice. I know he’s the most important character because holy is in his name and this is genealogy of the holy war.

Genealogy of the Holyn War.

Holyn's cool. He comes out of nowhere and helps you out because you beat him. He's a footie in Genealogy, unfortunately.

Any spoilers that aren’t Eldigan is the Camus flew over my head.

Yeah, not much more yet (at least as far as the plot is concerned). I'm just saying because, seeing the amount of people that went "nobody" when you asked about the recruitables earlier, I'm kinda afraid that they won't have the restraint to avoid making "witty" remarks about a certain something that happens later. Believe me, you'll want to experience it blindly. Heck, it's already a miracle that you don't know about it!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

making "witty" remarks about a certain something that happens late

Spoiler

Yeah, the Lex/Manfroy plot twist was cool.

EDIT: OH FRICK

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, it's already a miracle that you don't know about it!

I’m assuming you’re referring to how gen 1 ends, which I think is everyone in gen 1 dying somehow but I don’t actually kNoW if that’s how it ends. That might be a gen 2 shenanigan, so I said as much. I don’t know why I’m mentioning this, I just have a good feeling I’m right.

I mean Finn is supposed to show up in gen 2 I think. So...

Edited by Sooks

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know, I know, it's because he couldn't use it, but I prefer to think Arden broke it over the heads of his foes while you-know-what was happening.

Hmm, that won't quite explain why it ends up where it does.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Do Pokemon players also complain that their 80% Hydro Pumps miss? For me, even the 90% rate of Blizzard was always too inaccurate to rely on.

When did Blizzard hit 90%? (Turns out gen 1, it's 70% since outside of hail)

Me, I've tended to avoid sub 90% most of the time unless No Guard or something.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, the Lex/Manfroy plot twist was cool.

EDIT: OH FRICK

If you’re talking about the spoiler tag, I didn’t see until after that was there, so no I don’t know what that says.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, sorry 'bout that. FE4's plot is one of the worst kept secrets in FE next to the Black Knight being [REDACTED]. I forget that there's some who don't know it already.

I can't blame you. I mean, prior to Sooks saying that he didn't know about The Thing I also assumed that everyone in the thread knew about it. It's like the Vader thing, you really have to live under a rock to be unaware of it.

However, that is a rock worth living under, and Sooks deserves to have it preserved. Please, everyone, do try not to lift it.

Wmmgvtss o

That moment when you run out of ideas for names.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Wmmgvtss o

Actual Celtic mythological figures. One of the most notable things is all three were a trio asking for a guy to name the island after them. He picked Ériu. (Fódla's also the base for Fodlan.)

The accuracy of their myths are up in the air because Christianity.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I got Holyn. Nice. I know he’s the most important character because holy is in his name and this is genealogy of the holy war.

His official name is actually Chulainn. The "C" is actually silent, and it's pronounced similar to "hull-in", which explains the fan translation name of Hol-lyn. Cu Chulainn, the "Dog of Chulainn", also known by his birth name Setanta, is an Irish hero of myth, famed for wielding the spear Gae Bolg and going Hulk-esque on things. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Wmmgvtss o

*Checks Wikipedia*

In Irish mythology, Ériu (Irish pronunciation: [ˈeːrʲu]; Irish: Éire), daughter of Delbáeth and Ernmas of the Tuatha Dé Danann, was the eponymous matron goddess of Ireland.

With her sisters, Banba and Fódla, she was part of a triumvirate of goddesses. When the Milesians arrived from Galicia, each of the three sisters asked that their name be given to the country. This was granted to them, although Ériu (Éire) became the chief name in use.[1] (Banba and Fódla are still sometimes used as poetic names for Ireland, much as Albion is used as a poetic name for Great Britain.)

Ahahahahah... Hahahahah! One of those three losers really just went and said that we will be "destroyed quickly, cleanly, efficiently and utterly."

That'd be quite the badass line... If they didn't have to go through Finn to make good on their word. As it is, I can only laugh at their impending misery.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Actual Celtic mythological figures. One of the most notable things is all three were a trio asking for a guy to name the island after them. He picked Ériu. (Fódla's also the base for Fodlan.)

The accuracy of their myths are up in the air because Christianity.

Well, that's me proven wrong. Oh, well.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, sorry 'bout that. FE4's plot is one of the worst kept secrets in FE next to the Black Knight being [REDACTED]. I forget that there's some who don't know it already.

Hey guess what.

I also don’t know what goes in the brackets! This rock I live under must be pretty large, heh.

Just now, Sooks said:

Hey guess what.

I also don’t know what goes in the brackets! This rock I live under must be pretty large, heh.

That's good though. Things will mean more to you since you'll discover them for yourself.

I wish I could've said the same for FE9/10, but oh well.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I love my religion.

It's the reality of these myths being written down by a group who were quite fine with making changes to the context when said myths were oral tradition before the monasteries.

It's not unique to the preservation of mythology in Ireland, but it does impact analysis of these things.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey guess what.

You lucky duck!

I was not so lucky.

Stay under that rock young Sooks.

Just now, Sooks said:

I mean, I could always just reserve genealogy posts to just unit performances like ALEC GETTING NO STATS IN HIS LEVEL but I guess that runs the same risk... meh.

Alec is bad, no surprise there. Funny towel can only carry you so far, I'm afraid.

Now, Arden though--

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's good though. Things will mean more to you since you'll discover them for yourself.

I wish I could've said the same for FE9/10, but oh well.

The silver lining always lay in observing the execution.

Shakespeare tells you whether it's a tragedy or a comedy or a history he wrote first thing, and likewise, you know a romantic comedy is going to be funny or a horror film scary (or try to be funny/scary at least). How Shakespeare kills off the titular protagonist, the very expectable outcome of a tragedy, is something that you don't know. Or at least, you don't know the buildup to the inevitable demise.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I mean I don’t know much about Tellius’ plot in general. I know a few of the characters, there are like animal people, and Ike’s dad or something dies.

This is not an invitation to be spoiled, merely me expressing how big the rock is.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean I don’t know much about Tellius’ plot in general. I know a few of the characters, there are like animal people, and Ike’s dad or something dies.

This is not an invitation to be spoiled, merely me expressing how big the rock is.

Great summary of the game! Perfect! Xd

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The silver lining always lay in observing the execution.

Yes, this is how I usually handle things after being spoiled about something.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, that's fine. I know absolutely nothing about Awakening, beyond the fact that there's a really underwhelming plot death that is later undone and that there's some sort of really confusing time travelling plotline.

Oh my God no. No! Despite my best efforts, the entire mage squad, recruitable included, are headed to reconquer Leonster.

The entire army of Alster is going to confront Finn. I need to save all that experience from him somehow...!

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm just saying because, seeing the amount of people that went "nobody" when you asked about the recruitables earlier, I'm kinda afraid that they won't have the restraint to avoid making "witty" remarks about a certain something that happens later.

Is it really a spoiler if you say certain character isn't playable? Because i feel like saying a character is playable is more likely to be a spoiler and that's only in specific scenarios

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Is it really a spoiler if you say certain character isn't playable? Because i feel like saying a character is playable is more likely to be a spoiler and that's only in specific scenarios

Eldigan is presented as a good guy, is known to be Sigurd's friend and is an ally in a prior map; it's not like he's blatantly not a playable.

Plus, you can always lie.

Edited by Benice

So, uh... do all the stores always stock one of everything? Because I really need healing staves.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's fine. I know absolutely nothing about Awakening, beyond the fact that there's a really underwhelming plot death that is later undone and that there's some sort of really confusing time travelling plotline.

The plot is meh. It’s not confusing IMO though.

I just wish the gameplay was nearly a quarter as good as the plot... *sigh*