Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the other hand, you got to witness the devs' absolute balls, so there's that, right?

I guess.

Hide contents

That's probably a good idea. Though, for the record, I was even dumber. I... kinda didn't even consider it. I just went "yeah we can cover more ground like this" and split up without even thinking about the possible risk.

I just felt jaded with getting deaths at this point, I guess. The obvious one yesterday killed my motivation for the rest of the day, but then getting another one that feels obvious just kInDa made internally quit at stopping it. I don’t know, I just should play in a better mindset, where I accept that hey, it happens, but it doesn’t half to.

So yeah, I foresaw it but just went “eh” thanks to that and the time limit running out already.

Okay, not to trashtalk or anything, but when I got to minute 1 and the game's world map was literally just Europe without England, I kinda laughed my ass off. Are the creators of this game so American that Europe looks like the exotic wilderness to them?

Actually, the American map of Europe is just England.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I just felt jaded with getting deaths at this point, I guess. The obvious one yesterday killed my motivation for the rest of the day, but then getting another one that feels obvious just kInDa made internally quit at stopping it. I don’t know, I just should play in a better mindset, where I accept that hey, it happens, but it doesn’t half to.

Well, the deaths you've suffered are kinda heavy. I can understand feeling down after them. But you don't have long now! The end is almost within sight!

Actually, the American map of Europe is just England.

Ah yes, of course. I'd forgotten. There's Europe, and then there's the vast, uncharted wilderness that's a little to the right of Europe.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, of course. I'd forgotten. There's Europe, and then there's the vast, uncharted wilderness that's a little to the right of Europe.

”Well yeah, how can they be developed when they don’t speak English?”

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, the deaths you've suffered are kinda heavy. I can understand feeling down after them. But you don't have long now! The end is almost within sight!

I only was playing just now because I was close to the end, which made it worse. Maybe I need another day, not sure.

Alright, I am doing much better at Alien Soldier, now that I remapped the buttons in the Switch's settings. Jump just has to be on the B button. Sucks the Mega Drive Collection doesn't have a remapping feature build in. It's really inconvenient having to do remap the hardware's own key bindings all the time.

You know, Alien Soldier's plot is so weird.
The opening crawl provides context until you fight Xi Tiger in stage 9. But the game has like 25 stages or so. So for the remaining 2/3rds of the game, it's anyone's guess what actually happens.
Like, who the heck is Epsilon-1 and why does the planet blow up after you beat him? And what's with that star constellation? How is the actual final boss connected to anything?

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I only was playing just now because I was close to the end, which made it worse. Maybe I need another day, not sure.

Perhaps you do. Don't stress over such a thing, give it some time if you don't feel up to it.

Spoiler

By the way, have you returned to Arberrang yet?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

artwork-mapping-stereotypes-08.jpg

This gives them a bit too much credit, I'm pretty sure everything east of Germany is C O M M I E S for them.

Also, since when does anyone know Portugal exists? Even Spaniards forget Portugal exists sometimes.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, since when does anyone know Portugal exists? Even Spaniards forget Portugal exists sometimes.

Wait, so Galicia doesn't just extend all the way down?

I mean...

07FHgQw.png

Can you see it, either? Okay, bad example, since there is a Portugal there. Just, vassal to the Spanish Emperor.

Perhaps you do. Don't stress over such a thing, give it some time if you don't feel up to it.

Reveal hidden contents

By the way, have you returned to Arberrang yet?

I just quit like five turns into the battle after 

Spoiler

Bak

died. I just wasn’t feeling it.

This gives them a bit too much credit, I'm pretty sure everything east of Germany is C O M M I E S for them.

Again, it’s everything that isn’t England.

I mean, I’m American and I knew it exists and which one it was. And I can’t name half of those countries.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Actually, Castilla y Leon, Extremadura and Andalucia extend all the way left.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean...

07FHgQw.png

Can you see it, either? Okay, bad example, since there is a Portugal there. Just, vassal to the Spanish Emperor.

I mean, I don't see Portugal, but I also see Germany in Africa, so forgive me if I doubt the historical accuracy of this map

I just quit like five turns into the battle after 

Hide contents

Bak

died. I just wasn’t feeling it.

Of course, completely understandable. Tomorrow, then.

Spoiler

How're the days doing?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I’m American and I knew it exists and which one it was. And I can’t name half of those countries.

Way to go, Sooks! Unfortunately, you have now revealed yourself as a traitor to the great US of A. A detachment of the army is en-route to your home. Surrender quietly or be shot to shreds.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Remember when Xseed said 2021?

There goes a potential Xmas gift. The money can go towards therapy instead.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, apparently that's due to the recent Story of Seasons game's script needing some heavy editing.

I'm not sure if it's "heavy editing" or actually adding more new dialogue. Some fans complained there was a severe dearth of unique daily conversations, which is very bad when chatter is how you primarily convey character.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean...

07FHgQw.png

Honestly, it is odd that Spain never gobbled up Portugal at some point, barring Philly II's takeover lasting until Philly IV. But then again, Andorra, Monaco, Luxembourg, San Marino, and Liechtenstein all still exist. The European state formation process taking place gradually over centuries wasn't wholly clean and rational and neither is the American state system.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course, completely understandable. Tomorrow, then.

Reveal hidden contents

How're the days doing?

I ran out of them. I don’t know when the last save was though, might just restart the chapter.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, Castilla y Leon, Extremadura and Andalucia extend all the way left.

I mean, I don't see Portugal, but I also see Germany in Africa, so forgive me if I doubt the historical accuracy of this map

Way to go, Sooks! Unfortunately, you have now revealed yourself as a traitor to the great US of A. A detachment of the army is en-route to your home. Surrender quietly or be shot to shreds.

Well, I guess you're right. With how I set things up, it's more like the Kingdom of Porto-Galicia. Hey, that's my heir's land you're talking about. She has both the German and Italian crowns. I'm likely to inherit those once I move over to Europa Universalis IV.

It's alright as long he's in a Blue state.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, it is odd that Spain never gobbled up Portugal at some point, barring Philly II's takeover lasting until Philly IV. But then again, Andorra, Monaco, Luxembourg, San Marino, and Liechtenstein all still exist. The European state formation process taking place gradually over centuries wasn't wholly clean and rational and neither is the American state system.

Well, at first they had a something of a Bedouin infestation. That allowed the people of Porto to pretty much break free, and take their own chunk of land in the Reconquista. It took a century before the Pope declared them a bonified Kingdom, and thus the Crown of Castile knew better than to try something. Also, the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, one of the oldest in the world.

They still did, for a time, though. The Iberian Union of the 17th Century. Didn't last.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I ran out of them. I don’t know when the last save was though, might just restart the chapter.

Right... Sorry for being so persistent, I just want to know your experience with the final stretch in full!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I guess you're right. With how I set things up, it's more like the Kingdom of Porto-Galicia. Hey, that's my heir's land you're talking about. She has both the German and Italian crowns. I'm likely to inherit those once I move over to Europa Universalis IV.

I... shall take your word for it.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With the commander in chief focusing on getting rid of “extremism in the military”, the army might know the countries of Europe now.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Sorry for being so persistent, I just want to know your experience with the final stretch in full!

Persistent? No, you only asked once, it’s okay. If the final stretch is super epic or something I want to experience it with a better mindset!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I... shall take your word for it.

Crusader Kings II is such a fun game.

Fun fact. One of the most wild things in my game is that the the island of Iceland is completely culturally Egyptian. Yes, Egyptian. You can build actual Pyramids on the map thanks to the Great Works system. Sadly, not one was built there during the game.

Also...

3T9ker7.png

Black Death couldn't breach the Cliffs of Dover in this timeline.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If the final stretch is super epic or something I want to experience it with a better mindset!

By all means, please do.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact. One of the most wild things in my game is that the the island of Iceland is completely culturally Egyptian. Yes, Egyptian. You can build actual Pyramids on the map thanks to the Great Works system. Sadly, not one was built there during the game.

The pyramids are just big alehouses in this timeline.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The pyramids are just big alehouses in this timeline.

On a similar subject, the Holy Land is Prussian.

The Children's Crusade triggered, and it was a Prussian kid who became the subject of the Crusade. They won. Since the event itself is wonky and the game gives the lad over 100K troops at the point of the game that's still a curb stomp. And... because I pledged to support him, and added my own +100K troops. lol