Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

need a new Witch game

Atelier technically counts if you wanna bend the rules a bit.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, they’re adding a good ending? Where did you see that?

I mean, they haven't explicitly confirmed that but "stories of friendship and literature set in an alternate timeline" implies that.

Of course, the girls could every well murder each other in them anyway.

• Replies 176.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Lost an hour of progress on PxZ because one of the "Lord" characters for the map decided to take exactly the amount of damage needed to kill them.

Literally one enemy from clearing the map, fuck this shit.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

But will you be wearing appropriate clothes?

Every time you posted a screenshot of that game (I assume it’s all one game), someone is dressed like that.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hello! What did I miss?

I got another obvious death in Banner Saga. I actually had just upgraded that character’s heroic title too, and it was the Forsaken which is actually fitting. Maybe heroic titles are cursed.

This character was a good unit as well, but more importantly, they were a character I had really come to root for and like… RIP.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I got another obvious death in Banner Saga. I actually had just upgraded that character’s heroic title too, and it was the Forsaken which is actually fitting. Maybe heroic titles are cursed.

F

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

From what i played, the 2nd one is fairly easy. Could be just me?

The game is easy, I just thought the Sakura Wars duo could take the hit.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

(I assume it’s all one game), 

It's a crossover game.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

The game is easy, I just thought the Sakura Wars duo could take the hit.

Ooooooooooooh, that... that bites. Well, it coulda been worse! XD

The whole reason i actually bought the 2nd game was the fact that Xeno and Lucina were in it. This was before i knew about Yuri, actually it's where i learned about him.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Are you okay?

Yeah, more or less as I always am. I've considered a psychologist for my recurring bouts of depression before, and I did take advantage the free mental health counseling during college, albeit for an existential dread bout, not a politically-induced one, but I've been done with university for years. So it'd cost me money now.

The idea of meeting with a psychologist sounds good on paper, which is why it never fades from the imagination. But, I am wary that my optimism is misplaced, that a few sessions and viola, I'd be fine again. It smells of naïveté to think I could achieve the calm of a Greco-Roman Stoic philosopher or a Zen monk that quickly. That requires weeks, months, and years of unrelenting focus. 

And, I'm afraid I'm too smart for psychology to do me any good.😆 I'm far from a true genius, but my mind is clear and analytical enough to see what problems are, and what solutions to those problems could be. I don't know what counseling could say to me that I wouldn't know, it's not like I got a whole lot out of the university sessions I undertook. I can see what the issues are, I just don't bring into effect the known actions that could remedy them just like the dire situation the free world at large finds itself in.

One thing a licensed psychologist could do is prescribe antidepressants. But, medication should be a line of last resort, behavioral adjustments won't put an addition strain on one's liver & kidneys unless that behavioral adjustment is drinking, and they won't cost money either. I think the statistic is something like 1 in 10 American adults uses antidepressants, but again, it'd suck to have to turn to these.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Battou Ougi Shinra Bansho? It was never bloody in EF.

Also, as for a literal translation of the attack if that what it is, it's:

(護業抜刀法奥義・真羅万象) - protecting performance unsheathing sword principle inner mystery . true arrangement ten thousand images

"Ten thousand images" refers to Bansho here, "ten thousand images (or things)", is a Buddhist/East Asian phrase, referring to everything that exists. I saw it used frequently when I read a Buddhist text, the Lotus Sutra. "Shinra Bansho" together means "all in creation/nature/the universe". 

"Inner Mystery" -Ougi- could also be phrased "Secret Technique" which flows better in English. So you could call the whole attack "Unsheathed Sword Secret Technique- All of Creation".

Now, in the EF version of the attack -I haven't see this one- the chants spoken during the attack when translated speak of Wood > Fire > Earth > Metal > Water, in that exact order. Those are the Chinese Classical Elements, and when arranged so, you have the "creation cycle". Hence "Shinra Bansho"- Reiji and Xiaomu are invoking the five fundamental elements in their generative sequence, they have chanted "all of creation".

Apparently, although I never noticed it, Saya has invoked the Chinese elements as well, however, she recites them in the order of Wood > Water > Metal > Earth > Fire, which is the "destructive cycle".

-Thank YouTube comments for this.🙂

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Screenshot_3370.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3371.png?width=769&height=432

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It was never bloody in EF.

>Opponent gets sliced in half

"It was never bloody in EF"

This is funny.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now, in the EF version of the attack -I haven't see this one- the chants spoken during the attack when translated speak of Wood > Fire > Earth > Metal > Water, in that exact order. Those are the Chinese Classical Elements, and when arranged so, you have the "creation cycle". Hence "Shinra Bansho"- Reiji and Xiaomu are invoking the five basic elements in their generative sequence, they have chanted "all of creation".

I think the PxZ version of the attack follows the same chant. Although i can't tell because i don't understand the language lol.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Opponent gets sliced in half

"It was never bloody in EF"

This is funny.

You've played Mega Man Zero, you should be well aware that the North American versions of the games did away with a lot of "red oil" when the Z Saber is done with the bosses.😉

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think the PxZ version of the attack follows the same chant. Although i can't tell because i don't understand the language lol.

There are two version of the incantations in EF.:

1st incantation

• Ki wa hi yo umi,
  • Hi wa tsuchi yo umi,
  • Tsuchi wa kin yo umu,
  • soshite kin wa, mizu yo umu!

2nd incantation

• Ki yo, oche
  • Hi yo, uzumake
  • Tsuchi yo, todoroke
  • Kin yo, hoero
  • Mizu yo, hashire

Ki means wood, Hi fire, Tsuchi earth, Kin metal, Mizu water.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, more or less as I always am. I've considered a psychologist for my recurring bouts of depression before, and I did take advantage the free mental health counseling during college, albeit for an existential dread bout, not a politically-induced one, but I've been done with university for years. So it'd cost me money now.

The idea of meeting with a psychologist sounds good on paper, which is why it never fades from the imagination. But, I am wary that my optimism is misplaced, that a few sessions and viola, I'd be fine again. It smells of naïveté to think I could achieve the calm of a Greco-Roman Stoic philosopher or a Zen monk that quickly. That requires weeks, months, and years of unrelenting focus. 

And, I'm afraid I'm too smart for psychology to do me any good.😆 I'm far from a true genius, but my mind is clear and analytical enough to see what problems are, and what solutions to those problems could be. I don't know what counseling could say to me that I wouldn't know, it's not like I got a whole lot out of the university sessions I undertook. I can see what the issues are, I just don't bring into effect the known actions that could remedy them just like the dire situation the free world at large finds itself in.

One thing a licensed psychologist could do is prescribe antidepressants. But, medication should be a line of last resort, behavioral adjustments won't put an addition strain on one's liver & kidneys unless that behavioral adjustment is drinking, and they won't cost money either. I think the statistic is something like 1 in 10 American adults uses antidepressants, but again, it'd suck to have to turn to these

I'm sorry to hear that your struggling.

I've been to see a counselor a long time ago, so I know how that feels. For 2 years, actually. I think the best part is not that they say anything, rather that they listen to anything, without prejudice. I suppose it depends on the person, but every time I talked with my counselor, I cried. Alot. My feelings that I bottled up? They needed to be let out, and more importantly, to be heard. I know everyone doesn't see it that way, it just worked for me.

How do you usually handle things when you feel that way? 

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, cause RD part 4 isnt bad at all. 

I mean, I do agree it isn't that bad but even then, it's got nothing on PxZ.