Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Outright younger version" doesn't really work when their hair and eye colors are completely different, but they could probably pass as sisters.

True on the eyes, but in most cases, aging up actually darkens your hair. But yeah, likely already a bit late to reach the other's shade with the age difference the two have.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Saint Rubenio here is my Banner Saga update so far:

Spoiler

After returning to Aberrang, I went to help the menders because if they fail, everyone dies, and after defeating both waves I now have to choose who to put in charge of the walls. Well Petrus’ guards are busy, so having him get them and do it is incredibly stupid, and the horse born are such a random option I don’t know what the point is, not to mention that Scathach didn’t even volunteer. And of course I’m not gonna leave no one. So Ludin. The game has made it pretty clear that he’ll probably die, so I will give him an F in advance. F. Is this the Ludin moment you were talking about, Ruben?

Edit: Then I payed a visit to the outskirts and rationed food tightly, which ended my time in Aberrang. I got 8 days. (I also went to the funeral and had Oddleif give a speech, since the funeral was mentioned as giving more time).

Edit 2: So everything is Eyvind’s fault huh? (I chose to step in between Juno and Oli’s little dispute, by the way).

Edit 3, because I guess I’ll just keep editing this until you see it, so as not to flood the thread. “Really, what’s your real name?” “Ekkill quickly changes the subject.” His real name is Egghill, it is now canon. Anyway, I switched back to Iver’s group and chose not to mess with the bell at the godstone, because I trust the apostate.

Edited by Sooks

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio here is my Banner Saga update so far:

Hide contents

After returning to Aberrang, I went to help the menders because if they fail, everyone dies, and after defeating both waves I now have to choose who to put in charge of the walls. Well Petrus’ guards are busy, so having him get them and do it is incredibly stupid, and the horse born are such a random option I don’t know what the point is, not to mention that Scathach didn’t even volunteer. And of course I’m not gonna leave no one. So Ludin. The game has made it pretty clear that he’ll probably die, so I will give him an F in advance. F. Is this the Ludin moment you were talking about, Ruben?

Edit: Then I payed a visit to the outskirts and rationed food tightly, which ended my time in Aberrang. I got 8 days. (I also went to the funeral and had Oddleif give a speech, since the funeral was mentioned as giving more time).

Edit 2: So everything is Eyvind’s fault huh? (I chose to step in between Juno and Oli’s little dispute, by the way).

Edit 3, because I guess I’ll just keep editing this until you see it, so as not to flood the thread. “Really, what’s your real name?” “Ekkill quickly changes the subject.” His real name is Egghill, it is now canon. Anyway, I switched back to Iver’s group and chose not to mess with the bell at the godstone, because I trust the apostate.

I hope you get at least one more return so you can see the consequences to that choice, at least. But if not, I will be sure to tell you.

Also, Egghill being his actual name is the funniest headcanon, I love it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

@Saint Rubenio two things, one

Spoiler

Oli spellweaving but only when he’s drunk and only using it to throw axes better is absolutely hilarious.

Two, does Bloodletter’s damage overtime stack with Apostate’s poison? I’m considering giving it to him.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio two things, one

Hide contents

Oli spellweaving but only when he’s drunk and only using it to throw axes better is absolutely hilarious.

Spoiler

Oli was one of the least remarkable characters in the series for me until I got to that point. Such a funny twist. Then again, I should've seen it coming - after all, his mom did say he was special. Hah!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Two, does Bloodletter’s damage overtime stack with Apostate’s poison? I’m considering giving it to him.

Fairly certain it does stack.

43 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

https://i.redd.it/svpp42r06u471.jpg

Inb4 it’s Palworld.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Fairly certain it does stack.

Only one way to find out, then.

Spoiler

Well, I feel really bad for Juno now. It looks like I might be able impact the plan in this chat with Eyvind, but Juno isn’t worth risking the world over so… no. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Well, I feel really bad for Juno now. It looks like I might be able impact the plan in this chat with Eyvind, but Juno isn’t worth risking the world over so… no. Sorry.

Shrimpy in shambles

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That place is the worst...If you don't have the Lord Vessel, put that place off until you have to kill Nito...

Ok! Good to know that I get something to help me not fall off a cliff.

Spoiler

The group needed food and the stonesinger suggested some mushroom things, I had Iver try them with the logic “well they would kill the protagonist, but not for something so trivial”, and it seemed to have worked, but nothing actually happened, unless the hunger otherwise would have killed someone. There was a time where everyone was drunk and loudly telling stories because Sparr suggested some kind of mead, and I had Iver keep watch then, but nothing seems to have happened there either. Finally, Oli and Valgard were both trying to kill each other so I said “this ends now!” or whatever but I didn’t like that they were both feeling homicidal at the end, so I reset curious if the “what’s this about?” option would clear the air and still let me choose, and only then did Juno think to interject with what actually happened despite knowing so I kept that choice.

As far as story, Alfrun does not trust Eyvind and Juno at all. She didn’t ask Iver to make any promises or anything, but she did want his help in making sure they stuck to the plan when the time came, which I’m fine with because it’s only an “if there’s a secret plan” option, but it does make me nervous.

And now I’m going back to Aberrang a second time.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy in shambles

Haha. He should play Banner Saga even though it doesn’t seem like that choice actually existed, at least in the moment. I mean, everyone should play Banner Saga.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Benice said:

Ok! Good to know that I get something to help me not fall off a cliff.

Unfortunately the best you get are means of seeing better in the darkness, and being able to kill the giant Skeletons easier. You might already have some of the thing that help you see like the skull laturn (which requires a hand, and to be used, so it is inconvenient), thelight spell (which requires a spell slot, is time limit after castin), and the Sunlight Maggot (which is a helmet, making it one of the most convenient method). I guess there is a fall control spell, but it wont help against fatal falls, just reduce the damage of survivable falls...

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Unfortunately the best you get are means of seeing better in the darkness, and being able to kill the giant Skeletons easier. You might already have some of the thing that help you see like the skull laturn (which requires a hand, and to be used, so it is inconvenient), thelight spell (which requires a spell slot, is time limit after castin), and the Sunlight Maggot (which is a helmet, making it one of the most convenient method). I guess there is a fall control spell, but it wont help against fatal falls, just reduce the damage of survivable falls...

Hm... I've only got a little more to explore in this area before I can get to the other areas, so  may have to vacate the premises before heading back to deal with the Tomb.