Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Every time I check on the Ubisoft presentation it feels like it's the exact same game. But no, it's just various flavors of hyper-realistic boredom.

Will they just show me Luigi with a bow already? It's all I care about, and this broadcast should fit my interests alone.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, thank God... Holy shit, for a moment you had me really afraid. Way to go, man.

I had myself afraid too. Very afraid.

Hide contents

If you lose that battle, literally everybody except for Eyvind, Juno and Iver dies. Including Alfrun, which has a rather severe effect in what happens next.

For this battle, I find that the best thing to do is perform the ultimate subversion of fictional conventions: Interrupt Bolverk in the middle of his villain monologue. This not only causes Iver to automatically headbutt Bolverk at the start of the fight, hurting his armor a bit for free - It also makes the battle be a regular, one-wave battle without the pressure of reinforcements or further waves to withstand. It's so much more manageable.

Pfahahaha… THIS CLOSE! I WAS SO CLOSE TO DEATH, LOSING IT ALL, I LOOKED IN THE EYES, BUT LIVED TO TELL THE TALE! WOOOOOO!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. That’s incredibly punishing though, I don’t know how I would have made it with all those deaths— 

There's like 10 minutes left of the game Sooks.

Oh. Well that explains it. And back to the game I go.

Spoiler

Did you attack Bolverk during his speech? I figured that would trigger his berserk rage, for a hit that probably wouldn’t do much.

Also, do you have the text for what happens if you lose that battle like you did for Hogun’s death? I’m kinda curious how the game handles basically all of your party dying.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Pfahahaha… THIS CLOSE! I WAS SO CLOSE TO DEATH, LOSING IT ALL, I LOOKED IN THE EYES, BUT LIVED TO TELL THE TALE! WOOOOOO!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.

Understandable. It was a great thing you did, man!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh. Well that explains it. And back to the game I go.

Hide contents

Did you attack Bolverk during his speech? I figured that would trigger his berserk rage, for a hit that probably wouldn’t do much.

Also, do you have the text for what happens if you lose that battle like you did for Hogun’s death? I’m kinda curious how the game handles basically all of your party dying.

Spoiler

I attacked Bolverk, yeah. When the game gave me the option to stop him in the middle of his grand speech I just knew I had to go for it, it was such a funny option. And hey, I benefitted from it!

As for what happens if you lose...

7-tbs3_46_008.png

8-tbs3_46_009.png

Just now, Sooks said:

Aaand as soon as I said that, real life got in the way. I should still finish the game really soon though.

Hopefully while I'm awake!

Well, that's that. A couple of admittedly cool cutscenes, 10 seconds of gameplay and a rabbid waifu that the rule 34 artists will be all over, mark my words.

0/10 Luigi didn't fire the bow.

I will say though, the best part of the trailer for me is the confirmation that the director (and I imagine his team too) from the first game has indeed returned for the sequel. The brand hasn't been handed over to a heartless Ubisoft executive. This reassures me. Just from the presentation, you can tell that man gives off a very... indie aura, so to speak. As in, even though he's with Ubisoft of all companies you can tell he's passionate about what he does and isn't just in it for the moneys. The first one was pretty much a passion project of his, and it looks like he hasn't lost that spark (heh) with this sequel. Quite glad about that.

...But c'mon, was it so hard to let me see Luigi firing that bow at something?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I'm guessing that's the point. Keep the anticipation. Just showing you the bow was enough for a first tease, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm guessing that's the point. Keep the anticipation. Just showing you the bow was enough for a first tease, heh.

The fact that he shows up in the trailer, unlike people like Peach and Yoshi, tells me that he'll be similar to the first game: Either available from the start or recruited really early on. This makes me extremely happy.

...Sucks to be Yoshi, though. The guy existed for like 10 minutes in the first game, and his complete absence from the trailer and the leaked artwork paints a grim picture of his future. Hopefully he'll get a little bit more time in this one.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hopefully while I'm awake!

Oh definitely while you’re awake, unless you plan to go to sleep in the next 20 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gameplay? In a Ubisoft presentation? 

Lol. Lmao.

This made me laugh and I know basically nothing about Ubisoft.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh definitely while you’re awake, unless you plan to go to sleep in the next 20 minutes.

I will survive.

This made me laugh and I know basically nothing about Ubisoft.

They're EA but less.

If you don't know what EA is like... Well, it's a long story, but suffice to say, they're the most common example anybody will give you of bad gaming companies.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210612_162945.jpg

You know, I was so focused on Bow Luigi that I failed to notice Mario akimbo-wielding pistols.

This game might make even Mario seem cool, incredible.

I just hope he can be benched, that restriction was so stupid in a game where you can only deploy 3 people at once

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're EA but less.

If you don't know what EA is like... Well, it's a long story, but suffice to say, they're the most common example anybody will give you of bad gaming companies.

Ah, that I do know a bit about.

A ray man game on the DS is one of the first games I ever remember playing, and I also had one about rabbids and a time traveling washing machine when I was younger. I played an assassin’s creed game much later, and of course, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Just now, Sooks said:

Ah, that I do know a bit about.

A ray man game on the DS is one of the first games I ever remember playing, and I also had one about rabbids and a time traveling washing machine when I was younger. I played an assassin’s creed game much later, and of course, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

...Yeah, no, that's Ubisoft, not EA lol

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just hope he can be benched, that restriction was so stupid in a game where you can only deploy 3 people at once

I definitely felt that way as well. I doubt they’ll change it, but I guess they might.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Yeah, no, that's Ubisoft, not EA lol

That’s what I was saying, just my experience with Ubisoft. I mean it’s not like EA advertises their business practices on the back of the box.

Actually, maybe they do, I haven’t really played their games—

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I definitely felt that way as well. I doubt they’ll change it, but I guess they might.

See, the thing is, the "you must have a rabbid on the team at all times" restriction is dumb, but at least I understand it - If it wasn't there, nobody would've bothered with the rabbids. Ubisoft wanted to force their side of the game on the player at least a little bit. I don't like it, but I get why it exists.

The Mario lock, though...? It's not like he had any abilities like seizing in FE or anything. He was just another character like all the rest that was randomly forced at all times for no reason. Other strategy games that I've played where the protagonist is like that, like Banner Saga and Steamworld Heist, do not force you to use them except for the most important battles where they must be there for story reasons - which isn't a thing in Mario, let's be honest. There's very little reason for that restriction.

So yeah, Ubisoft please let me bench Mario.

That’s what I was saying, just my experience with Ubisoft.

Ahh, okay.

I mean it’s not like EA advertises their business practices on the back of the box.

Actually, maybe they do, I haven’t really played their games—

They're so blatant about it, they might as well.