Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

@Saint Rubenio I just fought the first wave at the walls on my second return to Aberrang, and literally every strength attack except for two was a crit. Is there some battle effect I don’t know about or did I just get insanely luck with artery strike?

Edit: Crap.

Spoiler

I went to the commons and there was a conflict amongst the horseborn that was turning violent. I tried to find out what happened and put it to rest, and that ended with Derdriu being killed because the stories were conflicting and that made everyone more upset. On the bright side, Derdriu was one of my least used units.

Death counter: 8.

Oh my god I did horribly. 

Spoiler

I tried to put outer the fire at the houses and then doubled down, which resulted in a bunch of wasted water and everyone burning anyway. I got 2 days. 2.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

This reminds me once reading up on the matter. Supposedly, you can train/condition yourself to only need to sleep half-an-hour every six or so hours. Basically, jump straight to REM sleep, which is where you're actually resting, but only covers like the tail-end of a normal eight-hour bout of sleep or so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio I just fought the first wave at the walls on my second return to Aberrang, and literally every strength attack except for two was a crit. Is there some battle effect I don’t know about or did I just get insanely luck with artery strike?

You got lucky.

Edit: Crap.

Hide contents

I went to the commons and there was a conflict amongst the horseborn that was turning violent. I tried to find out what happened and put it to rest, and that ended with Derdriu being killed because the stories were conflicting and that made everyone more upset. On the bright side, Derdriu was one of my least used units.

Death counter: 8.

Well... Yeah. that's an easy mistake to make.

Spoiler

You expect something so innocent as making a question won't lead to bloodshed, but with both parties ready to lunge at each other at a moment's notice and the language barrier being a thing... Yeah, probably would've been for the best to act quickly and decisively.

By the way, have you checked the walls yet?

Oh my god I did horribly. 

Hide contents

I tried to put outer the fire at the houses and then doubled down, which resulted in a bunch of wasted water and everyone burning anyway. I got 2 days. 2.

Spoiler

Fun fact: This is how I lost Griss in my first run. If you persist and enlist the varl's help with the fire, he burns to death. That's what you get for trying to help Rugga's loyalists with the mess that they started.

Spoiler

2 days is good. The returns gradually give you less time (until the final one, which can give three days), but you're pretty far already. Perhaps you will get another return or two (kinda hope you get two, Rugga gets a wonderful send-off if he's alive by the fourth return), but I'm fairly confident you will make it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

2 days is good. The returns gradually give you less time (until the final one, which can give three days), but you're pretty far already. Perhaps you will get another return or two (kinda hope you get two, Rugga gets a wonderful send-off if he's alive by the fourth return), but I'm fairly confident you will make it.

I just lost a battle because I just barely missed out on winning before the second wave. And ran out of days. So yeah, back to Aberrang I go a third time.

Spoiler

Did you get Derdriu killed?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

852211561955196968.png?v=1

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

vt1PqCE.png

don't leave us hanging

The Literary Masterpiece of the 21st Century tags on MangaOwl:

https://mangaowl.net/single/56310/the-100-girlfriends-who-really-really-really-really-really-love-you

Technically, this is all correct, but

>just because you’re correct doesn’t mean you’re right

Edited by Maof06

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just lost a battle because I just barely missed out on winning before the second wave. And ran out of days. So yeah, back to Aberrang I go a third time.

Hide contents

Did you get Derdriu killed?

Spoiler

Yep, I did.

Well, since you didn't mention it, I will: Ludin survived the walls. Can I just take a moment to appreciate that? I will anyway. Not only does the man rise up during the literal end of the world and becomes a true leader (not a ruler like his father, as he pointed out during the talk with him earlier on), fighting alongside the handful of remaining loyal troops he has for the sake of the remnants of life on the world; he also manages to protect all of the menders without fail and even survives in the same game where all of the protagonists can die.

Holy fucking shit, Ludin. What a badass you became. As for you, Sooks, congratulations: you made the best choice in this scenario.

If you're curious, putting Petrus on the wall does not kill Petrus either, but he does lose some menders (which translates into less days gained than if you pick Ludin). Scathach is a terrible option: the horseborn are too disorganized to mount a proper defense, they lose a bunch of menders and Scatie himself gets cleaved in half. As for the dumbest option... Leaving the walls undefended is such an obviously terrible idea that the game punishes you extra hard if you go for it for some godforsaken reason: Both Petrus and Ludin perish in a desperate attempt to regain control of the walls. Or at least I assume that's how it goes, I've never seen it. I do know for certain that they both get killed. So yeah. Best not do that.

What I'm saying is, Ludin is best boy. A shame that I was so utterly terrified for his life in my first run that I sacrificed Scathach instead. Whoops.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Yep, I did.

Well, since you didn't mention it, I will: Ludin survived the walls. Can I just take a moment to appreciate that? I will anyway. Not only does the man rise up during the literal end of the world and becomes a true leader (not a ruler like his father, as he pointed out during the talk with him earlier on), fighting alongside the handful of remaining loyal troops he has for the sake of the remnants of life on the world; he also manages to protect all of the menders without fail and even survives in the same game where all of the protagonists can die.

Holy fucking shit, Ludin. What a badass you became. As for you, Sooks, congratulations: you made the best choice in this scenario.

If you're curious, putting Petrus on the wall does not kill Petrus either, but he does lose some menders (which translates into less days gained than if you pick Ludin). Scathach is a terrible option: the horseborn are too disorganized to mount a proper defense, they lose a bunch of menders and Scatie himself gets cleaved in half. As for the dumbest option... Leaving the walls undefended is such an obviously terrible idea that the game punishes you extra hard if you go for it for some godforsaken reason: Both Petrus and Ludin perish in a desperate attempt to regain control of the walls. Or at least I assume that's how it goes, I've never seen it. I do know for certain that they both get killed. So yeah. Best not do that.

What I'm saying is, Ludin is best boy. A shame that I was so utterly terrified for his life in my first run that I sacrificed Scathach instead. Whoops.

Huh. So I overtook your death count, at least for now.

Spoiler

Scathach, Derdriu, you abandoned Canary… horse born don’t have a good track record with you, do they?

And yes, Ludin is the best. Is this the moment you were talking about before that you really wanted me to see?

Anyway, I’m on my third return to Aberrang and I had volunteers watch from the tower, and now I’m trying to decide what to do about the warped that broke into the basement (btw, no one seemed to die from that battle I lost at Iver’s side, although the apostate wasn’t playable before the battle began, and the game never said he left with Alfrun and company).

Spoiler

I told them it’s best if Iver’s name wasn’t mentioned to Bellower and I tried to avoid the large groups of dredge, by the way. I think that’s everything updated.

Edit: I chose to repel the warped with the barrels in Aberrang.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Huh. So I overtook your death count, at least for now.

If by "overtook" you mean you're doing better again, then yeah.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

Scathach, Derdriu, you abandoned Canary… horse born don’t have a good track record with you, do they?

Fairly certain the only one I had by the end was the one that literally cannot ever die lol

Spoiler

Actually, I just googled it quickly, because it struck me as odd that Ro'Ech of all people is unkillable. Turns out if you lose the fight against the large horseborn in tbs2 he gets killed. Huh. Good to know.

And yes, Ludin is the best.

The conclusion most tbs players come to by the end.

Is this the moment you were talking about before that you really wanted me to see?

Sure is! I was wondering if you'd make the right choices to actually see it. I'm glad you did!

Anyway, I’m on my third return to Aberrang and I had volunteers watch from the tower, and now I’m trying to decide what to do about the warped that broke into the basement (btw, no one seemed to die from that battle I lost at Iver’s side, although the apostate wasn’t playable before the battle began, and the game never said he left with Alfrun and company).

Reveal hidden contents

I told them it’s best if Iver’s name wasn’t mentioned to Bellower and I tried to avoid the large groups of dredge, by the way. I think that’s everything updated.

Edit: I chose to repel the warped with the barrels in Aberrang.

Spoiler

I made yet another stupid mistake in the basement and had the drunkards try to fight. This lead to Tryggvi... essentially jumping on a spear and dying. I wasn't using him, but... oof.

Oh, by the way, remember when I told you if you don't finish Eyeless off in tbs2 she returns? Yeah, a warped Eyeless comes back to give you hell in this battle. Good thing you didn't run, eh?

Also by the way, if Hogun had still been with you, forcing everyone to take their turn at the tower will result in Hogun working himself to the bone and dying of exhaustion. He straight up just has a stroke after he thinks he sees his brother among the warped. It's such a sad death, especially since the man was working so hard for no reason, seeing how as it later turns out, the watch is useless because the warped are coming from below.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I made yet another stupid mistake in the basement and had the drunkards try to fight. This lead to Tryggvi... essentially jumping on a spear and dying. I wasn't using him, but... oof.

Oh, by the way, remember when I told you if you don't finish Eyeless off in tbs2 she returns? Yeah, a warped Eyeless comes back to give you hell in this battle. Good thing you didn't run, eh?

Also by the way, if Hogun had still been with you, forcing everyone to take their turn at the tower will result in Hogun working himself to the bone and dying of exhaustion. He straight up just has a stroke after he thinks he sees his brother among the warped. It's such a sad death, especially since the man was working so hard for no reason, seeing how as it later turns out, the watch is useless because the warped are coming from below.

Spoiler

F, RIP Tryggvi. I almost picked that option but I remembered the game’s lesson from long ago of don’t be greedy, so I used barrels instead.

If a warped eyeless showed up here… I would have been curbstomped. I barely made it the first wave, it was hard. I did better the second wave, though I’m still taking quite a few losses. I think I am going to go for the third wave though.

Jesus, that’s easily the darkest death I’ve heard of in this game so far. I hope Hogun is okay somewhere with his family in Aberrang.

@Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

Did Krumr die? I mean I didn’t have a choice, but I still would have liked to have kept him.

I defeated the third wave in the battle at the basement in Aberrang, by the way. That netted me 3 days, but really more like 2 and a half because the wheel didn’t fill up all the way.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

Did Krumr die? I mean I didn’t have a choice, but I still would have liked to have kept him.

I defeated the third wave in the battle at the basement in Aberrang, by the way. That netted me 3 days, but really more like 2 and a half because the wheel didn’t fill up all the way.

Spoiler

That's the extremely delayed consequence of the Bolverk fight at the end of tbs2. If you lose and Bellower is revived, the warped Bellower begins to pursue you in tbs3. Krumr performs one final mad charge to stall him... And this time, he never returns. So yeah, F for Krumr. He finally got the fight he had been looking for all those years.

If Krumr is already dead, I believe Sigbjorn and Bersi both perish. And if all of them are dead, Alfrun goes on her own... And lives, because she's a badass like that.

56 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

The Literary Masterpiece of the 21st Century tags on MangaOwl:

https://mangaowl.net/single/56310/the-100-girlfriends-who-really-really-really-really-really-love-you

Technically, this is all correct, but

>just because you’re correct doesn’t mean you’re right

I was so, so, so close to defeating the second wave in time. There is no way I’m winning this battle, and this battle is too important for someone not to die.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was so, so, so close to defeating the second wave in time. There is no way I’m winning this battle, and this battle is too important for someone not to die.

...Please tell me it's not the one I'm thinking of.

Oh, I almost forgot! Backing up a bit:

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Jesus, that’s easily the darkest death I’ve heard of in this game so far. I hope Hogun is okay somewhere with his family in Aberrang.

Funny how the most brutal death event in the series involves no gore in the slightest. Here's the full event, if you're curious. I've never seen it myself, but someone in the Banner Saga discord sent it to me a while back:

Spoiler

Fair is fair, you declare. "Either we all survive, or we don't." You hear arguments on behalf of an ailing cousin or a sickly father. "Everyone pulls their weight!" shouts Hogun. He looks like death warmed over, but you're happy to let someone else take the brunt of complaints for a change.

It is the last time you speak with him. Hogun is found sitting by a window; his eyes open but his heart stopped. They tell you he had been awake for a week. The last thing he mumbled was that he saw his brother, but nothing has come over the black rock walls, warped or otherwise. The watch continues with one less warrior.

It's... kinda even worse than I described: There was absolutely nothing coming at him. He just hallucinated his brother and then his heart stopped. Holy shit. I'm glad I just let him go with his family both times... As long as there's three clansmen left, you can argue that it's him and his family!

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

I

LOVE

JUNO!

Confuse is absolutely broken, not dying is absolutely broken, Juno is the best!! I did not lose that battle I just posted I thought I would.

@Saint Rubenio this might be my best achievement in all of Banner Saga. 

Spoiler

You know that fight against Bolverk in front of the white tower? And how in the third wave he joins and has like 26 strength? (And in my fight he brought several big guys with him). I just… won with only Juno and Apostate. I just barely missed the turn count for the second wave, so they were all I had but I actually won.

Unrelated, but before the fight I told him fighting us would be the worst mistake he ever made. I’m not sure if that mattered.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Please tell me it's not the one I'm thinking of.

It probably is but, I PULLED THROUGH THE HORRIBLE ODDS! 😎

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

No.

No, no, no.

Tell me you didn't lose against--

I

LOVE

JUNO!

Confuse is absolutely broken, not dying is absolutely broken, Juno is the best!! I did not lose that battle I just posted I thought I would.

@Saint Rubenio this might be my best achievement in all of Banner Saga. 

Hide contents

You know that fight against Bolverk in front of the white tower? And how in the third wave he joins and has like 26 strength? (And in my fight he brought several big guys with him). I just… won with only Juno and Apostate. 

Oh, thank God... Holy shit, for a moment you had me really afraid. Way to go, man.

Spoiler

If you lose that battle, literally everybody except for Eyvind, Juno and Iver dies. Including Alfrun, which has a rather severe effect in what happens next.

For this battle, I find that the best thing to do is perform the ultimate subversion of fictional conventions: Interrupt Bolverk in the middle of his villain monologue. This not only causes Iver to automatically headbutt Bolverk at the start of the fight, hurting his armor a bit for free - It also makes the battle be a regular, one-wave battle without the pressure of reinforcements or further waves to withstand. It's so much more manageable.

It's on to the grand finale now. A shame you didn't get the fourth return, but oh well. Good luck! The end is almost within reach!

Just now, Sooks said:

And the chapter ended after that fight, which means I will quit for now. Not gonna lie, I feel like a pro at the game now.

There's like 10 minutes left of the game Sooks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Maof06 said:

>these tags

https://i.redd.it/svpp42r06u471.jpg

lmao

Me reading the tags like

49e.gif

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't know if anyone's interested in physical, but here's something if you're interested.

@DragonFlames

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

77LQsCJ.png

I like this weird group

I thought that was Jotaro at the top.

Edited by Armagon