• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

They're obviously capable of making good difficulty modes. They've done it multiple times. The fact that the games are flawed hardly seems like an excuse to just go "fuck it" and stop caring entirely.

But their "difficulty" usually just comes down to dealing with it using the most broken option that they give you (I.E SS Seth, RD Haar etc) and since they feel the need to overpower certain characters by... quite a margin, well i'd say that speaks for itself.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

doesn't Genny start with like 13 res

Theres a Genny on Alms side? And Tatiana is act 4, sooooo yeah. Not to mention it's pointless to say, she has 13 res! when they can hit anyone they feel like.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

But their "difficulty" usually just comes down to dealing with it using the most broken option that they give you (I.E SS Seth, RD Haar etc) and since they feel the need to overpower certain characters by... quite a margin, well i'd say that speaks for itself.

Yes, that has been the case in a lot of the older games. What's your point?

I mean, even with Berwick crit instead of triple damage a witch can still one-shot most your units with a crit because most units in Echoes have shit res. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But their "difficulty" usually just comes down to dealing with it using the most broken option that they give you (I.E SS Seth, RD Haar etc) and since they feel the need to overpower certain characters by... quite a margin, well i'd say that speaks for itself

most Kaga games are like that as well. Berwick is the exception really

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Berwick is fucking awesome.

That is my input, everyone. Carry on.

I should add ''love Berwick'' on our ''Hate their fav. series'' meme xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, even with Berwick crit instead of triple damage a witch can still one-shot most your units with a crit because most units in Echoes have shit res. 

Alm starts with 4, i think? and 28 HP, he could easily take a hit from a crit. They have somewhere around 14 power to begin, it would take then getting 18-20 extra to take him out. i'd say those odds are quite good, much better than 100% your dead.

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Yes, that has been the case in a lot of the older games. What's your point?

At that point, i guess strategy means different things to different people. it's like playing with the turnwheel, he fixes mistakes (that he shouldn't be making ofc) And hes something the player can crutch on, which is fine. Does it hurt the game? Probably.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

At that point, i guess strategy means different things to different people. it's like playing with the turnwheel, he fixes mistakes (that he shouldn't be making ofc) And hes something the player can crutch on, which is fine. Does it hurt the game? Probably.

I don't know what you're arguing at this point.

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

I don't know what you're arguing at this point.

You could argue an option to remove said broken characters could be a thing since they kill "strategy" with being game-breaking. or you could just not deploy them? No on Is forcing you to use those characters, it's a choice. it's not fair to only say "well rewinding turns is bad game design!" When so is shit unit balance, and we'll never see that get fixed.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew it.

No

nononono xD

It would be akin to suicide

here's the idea:

A Berwick iron man side by side with a Conquest Lunatic iron man, with the twist being:

Each unit has a unit they are linked to from the other game, if a unit from one game dies the unit they are linked to from the other game also ''dies'' and can't be used anymore.

i stand by my point that Berwick crits would work well in FE (especially Echoes) As i proved, Alm would almost never die from crits early on, since his massive 28 HP base would nearly guarantee his survival. And that's assuming he gets no levels, and no HP with them. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

A Berwick iron man side by side with a Conquest Lunatic iron man, with the twist being:

Each unit has a unit they are linked to from the other game, if a unit from one game dies the unit they are linked to from the other game also ''dies'' and can't be used anymore.

Holy fucking shit, that's absolutely brutal.

I love it. Dew it.

It's way too brutal, especailly when i need to switch between 2 completely different styles haha

still, maybe one day i will be insane enough to attempt it

Or maybe i should do it with two of the easier FE i like first, like FE4,5,8 or 9 xD

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Or maybe i should do it with two of the easier FE i like first, like FE4,5,8 or 9 xD

Considering FE8 is easy, i'm surprised you enjoy it. I know you don't like games being too easy. XD

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Considering FE8 is easy, i'm surprised you enjoy it. I know you don't like games being too easy. XD

... i used a difficulty mod/hack xD

Well, i like FE4 and FE9 even though they are also super easy xD

While challenge is more likely to make me like a game, it isn't a the only thing, haha.

FE9 is what probably tought me the most i know about FE. FE4 is unique enough that i can kinda overlook it's zzz gameplay, Thracia is fun enough i can overlook it's surprise bullshit, etc.

Edited by Shrimperor

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You could argue an option to remove said broken characters could be a thing since they kill "strategy" with being game-breaking. or you could just not deploy them? No on Is forcing you to use those characters, it's a choice. it's not fair to only say "well rewinding turns is bad game design!" When so is shit unit balance, and we'll never see that get fixed.

Except that in a lot of the games that are making a genuine effort to provide challenge, especially the more recent ones, clear effort is made to make sure those characters don't break the game. They don't always succeed, but in games like Shadow Dragon and Conquest, characters breaking the game is mostly a result of unforeseen consequences of mixing systems having overpowered effects. Besides, what are you saying? That caring about game design is pointless, because it will never be perfect, and caring about where specifically beneath perfection it lies is meaningless? If so, I can't get behind that.

For that matter, what's the end goal here with this argument? To convince me that turnwheel should stay omnipresent? For what purpose? How would making it a separate game mode negatively affect you in any way?

Edited by Alastor15243

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I made a terrible mistake.

nah, you didn't. We need a discussion like this every once in a while xD

here, have a wallpaper ready Kuro

H91HZXe.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor