Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ugh uh

I thought i played 2 hours

Just five more minutes. Let me check this out first, let me clear out one more dungeon.

Take a rest if need be, serious fun can be seriously exhausting.🙂

I'm doing that with Metroid Prime at this very moment, and not just because there are severe thunderstorms raging outside right now. Nor because it's night, and daylight makes any creepiness in the game's atmosphere less frightening to the huge coward that I am.

Read that there's possibility Spain will get a possibly temperature all time record in Europe. 50 °C could be possible. I hope @Saint Rubenio will be ok, although I have no idea where in Spain he lives. The heat will mainly affect the south (Andalusia) though all other area will become quite hot as well.

Project X Zone 1 mid-game: "the enemies are starting to be too much, i'm having trouble completing a single map in one sitting and then i get burned out until the next day".

Project X Zone 2 mid-game: "yeah so i just cleared four maps in a day".

4 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Read that there's possibility Spain will get a possibly temperature all time record in Europe. 50 °C could be possible. I hope @Saint Rubenio will be ok, although I have no idea where in Spain he lives. The heat will mainly affect the south (Andalusia) though all other area will become quite hot as well.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.

Keep cool Ruben.

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I live in northern Spain. Might still suck, but hopefully I won't fry to death. Either way, thanks for worrying 'bout me!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.

Keep cool Ruben.

I will but first you must admit Berwick Saga good

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah Ruben, please keep cool.

Thanks, mate!

@Eltosian Kadath

Finally got Kalameet defeated! I must say, I'm very glad that the DLC is included with the remastered, 'cause...Oolacile Township and Chasm of the Abyss being really neat aside, there's not much here I particularly liked. The story here...I guess it just feels feeble 'cause it's not that connected to the rest of the plot. I don't have a major issue with this DLC, though. It's not awful, I just don't think it's as good as the rest of the game.

I still have to deal with Manus, and he doesn't seem to be too bad of a fight, (Also got a charm that should help against his magic attacks) but it's not a particularly good one either IMO, and the remaining three bosses (Sanctuary Beast, Artorias and Kalameet) were all plagued with the same issues-too much HP given the amount of time you have to actually inflict damage, and in the case of the latter two, too many spacing/staggering attacks that are extremely quick. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting burnt out? I doubt it, since I really enjoyed my time with the exploration bit of the DLC. I know that Artorias' fight is supposed to be phenomenal, but...Ah well, to each their own, I guess. I also didn't really like the music. Given the nature of the Artorias fight, I think it should have been a little more grand, loud and epic, but there's that bit where it just stops and continues with the quieter bits again. Not terrible, but it didn't particularly help the fight.

To end on a positive note, though, even though it is just Darkroot Garden 2, Royal Woods were pretty decent as well.

Also, I helped what I assume is smol Sif. Meaning that I could have saved myself a boss and just grabbed the Covenant of Artorias from the grave without having to fight Sif if I'd just left 'em, but noooo...

Oh, shit! Someone has just released a full translation of Sword of Heaven and Earth on FEUniverse! For those who don't know, SoHaE is a Japanese hack of FE7. Unlike most of the more infamous Japanese hacks, this is a very down to earth, if somewhat basic, hack that feels kinda like a better FE6. I've played it a few times over the years and I always quite enjoyed it. Now I get to see what the story is like, too! That's awesome. Looks like I know what I'll be playing after Bloodstained / Dark Lord and the Maiden of Light.

Alright, that's Manus done! I think that means I'm done with the DLC, then.

The Manus fight was a really good time! Easily my favorite of the DLC, at least. I initially thought it was way too easy, but I liked the phase-based structure it had. I still wish he had less HP, but the large pool of health he had wasn't too annoying for me, since it didn't just extend the fight, but added a bit more tension, and since you could freely attack Manus, it really wasn't as much of an obstruction. So, yeah! That's the DLC done, I think just leaving me the endgame.

EDIT: Actually, is there any way to fight Gwyndolin without attacking Gwynevere?

Edited by Benice

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Finally got Kalameet defeated! I must say, I'm very glad that the DLC is included with the remastered, 'cause...Oolacile Township and Chasm of the Abyss being really neat aside, there's not much here I particularly liked. The story here...I guess it just feels feeble 'cause it's not that connected to the rest of the plot. I don't have a major issue with this DLC, though. It's not awful, I just don't think it's as good as the rest of the game.

Fair enough.

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

the remaining three bosses (Sanctuary Beast, Artorias and Kalameet) were all plagued with the same issues-too much HP given the amount of time you have to actually inflict damage, and in the case of the latter two, too many spacing/staggering attacks that are extremely quick. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting burnt out? I doubt it, since I really enjoyed my time with the exploration bit of the DLC.

Huh, I never thought there HP was much of a problem, although they don't give you much time to safely attack/heal.

Although I will note that Kalameet is the most obnoxious creature in the world to try and get the tail cut on thanks to him only leaving it vulnerable after one attack he rarely does...

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

I know that Artorias' fight is supposed to be phenomenal, but...Ah well, to each their own, I guess.

Shrug, once you learn his pattern well enough its fun, but the process of learning it is down right obnoxious.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, I helped what I assume is smol Sif. Meaning that I could have saved myself a boss and just grabbed the Covenant of Artorias from the grave without having to fight Sif if I'd just left 'em, but noooo...

Fun fact, after saving smol Sif you can find his summon sign in the middle of the Manus boss fight arena and can summon doggo to help out.

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Alright, that's Manus done! I think that means I'm done with the DLC, then.

The Manus fight was a really good time! Easily my favorite of the DLC, at least. I initially thought it was way too easy, but I liked the phase-based structure it had. I still wish he had less HP, but the large pool of health he had wasn't too annoying for me, since it didn't just extend the fight, but added a bit more tension, and since you could freely attack Manus, it really wasn't as much of an obstruction. So, yeah! That's the DLC done, I think just leaving me the endgame.

Glad you found something you liked in the DLC, and congratulations!

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

EDIT: Actually, is there any way to fight Gwyndolin without attacking Gwynevere?

Yes, if you have the Darkmoon Seance ring you can wear it to gain access to his fight without attacking Gwynevere.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Here we go. Final boss time.

Good Luck, although I get the funny feeling you will have similar complaints to the Artorias fight, as I thought the two were rather similar...

What a final boss. That was spectacular. Perhaps my favorite fight in the game, even.

Spoiler

Chose not to link the flame, and...Hey, Frampt approves with my choice! There we go, everyone's happy. Now, time to host the Lordran Olympics in Anor Londo!

It's pretty late, so I'll post my full thoughts on the game later.

The main reason I chose the Dark ending is because Frampt was sleeping when I brought the last Lord Soul in, which is when I realized that his name was Kingseeker because he was looking for a king-sized bed to sleep in.

Unbelievable.

This hack is humanizing the dark cult, and it's doing it better than... pretty much every game other than TRS - and even then, it's up there.

Well. My hat's off to this person. I gotta tell him next time I post in his hack's thread.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I live in northern Spain. Might still suck, but hopefully I won't fry to death. Either way, thanks for worrying 'bout me!

Ah, good to know!

The second boss of Ys Origin showed me past morning that I might should play with a controller because making precise movement, jumps and attacks in a little time period with a keyboard is pretty awkward. For some reason I could beat it in my second attempt with 3 HP left, still this gave me creeps of further bosses. I might not continue it today since when I'm back home I wanted to start playing Breath Of The Wild for friends. Depends how it turns out. Still have to be at work for the next two hours.

Oh wow, that new Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition update actually made it so that famers no longer exclusively work on the left side of a farm.
Didn't expect this to suddenly get addressed after almost 22 years.

That series ability cost system is kinda wonky... the game doesn't really notify you that your running out, and looking at the bar at the bottom right every so often is going to lead to you dying more often than it should.

Edit: Perhaps that's just the way i see it, i could for sure be wrong on that one!

Edited by lightcosmo