• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Online play might do it for me honestly.

playing online with emulators sucks. So laggy.

Oh yeah, that's true.

Except you need to fork over bucks to Nintendo's horrible online system on top of the 60 bucks for Superstars, and the online's going to be just as laggy as in emulators because Nintendo are great at their jobs.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

well, not like Ninty online will be any better xD

Yeah, exactly.

...Nintendo fucking sucks.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk, Superstars is what The Top 100 should've been. Yeah would it have been cool to have all the N64 Mario Parties in one cartridge? Sure. But that's.....quite honestly a lot.

I mean, the fact that they're choosing from the N64 games in the first place is really neat cause that's where the best Mario Parties were (well not 1 lol). So I think going for a greatest hits angle makes sense.

I suppose it does, but it's still just a tiny portion of the best games. I don't even mean to remaster them all, just re-release them, ugly graphics and all. It'd be the best option, in my humble opinion.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I know!
That's why I'm calling in Honorary Draggy the Second, killer of tropes I don't like. XD

Ohhhh, okay that makes sense, then! Carry on, then!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

XD
Well, that was anticlimactic.

It was karma haha. You killed the guy who kept saying "you will know the truth soon" which means now

maxresdefault_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't even mean to remaster them all, just re-release them, ugly graphics and all. It'd be the best option, in my humble opinion.

Well 1 would be off the table.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was karma haha. You killed the guy who kept saying "you will know the truth soon" which means now

maxresdefault_1.jpg

Crap, I've been foiled! >.<
Even though there are a LOT of stories that do that. To the point where a character going "I have something important to tell you, but I can't right now, but I definitely will later" is raising a death flag so high it might as well be a neon sign that says "Kill me, please!"
XD

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Awwww, a day at the beach! How cute! XD

He's earned it! xD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He's on vacation. xD
xneS9xd.jpg

Every time I see him, the Kaiju brain activates and I just see him as Titanosaurus

TOMG_-_Titanosaurus.jpg

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even though there are a LOT of stories that do that. To the point where "I have something important to tell you, but I can't right now, but I definitely will later" is raising a death flag so high it might as well be a neon sign that says "Kill me, please!"

Parents of the chosen one trope be like

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well 1 would be off the table.

1 had issues. It's often lumped with its N64 peers as one of the best Mario Parties, but... let's be real. It isn't.

Of course, it's quite obvious why they're releasing this "greatest hits" compilation instead of re-releasing the full games. It's because they couldn't get away with charging 60 bucks for ports of these older games, but they can get away with charging 60 bucks for tiny portions of them as long as they spruce up the graphics. Because the world is funny like that.

...Then again, they got away with Mario All-Stars 3D, so I suppose it really isn't so far-fetched that they'd demand 60 bucks just for the original three Mario Parties without any modifications. But, frankly, I'd rather have that than this.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. You know me, I'm not Nintendo's biggest fan... even if I really would like to be. Their games are great.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Every time I see him, the Kaiju brain activates and I just see him as Titanosaurus

They do look at least a bit similar, it's true!

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Parents of the chosen one trope be like

XD

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Then again, they got away with Mario All-Stars 3D, so I suppose it really isn't so far-fetched that they'd demand 60 bucks just for the original three Mario Parties without any modifications

Yeah, Nintendo could put out a bag of shit for $60 and it would still sell.

Tho you can say that about a lot of companies tbh.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

maxresdefault_1.jpg

KING OF KINGS

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

MP 1, 2, and 3 run for quite a bit of money, so it might be nice.

They don't if you have an uncle at Nintendo like me

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Tho you can say that about a lot of companies tbh.

Brand names go a long way. Which is extremely unfair, but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

What? I for sure wouldn't buy that! XD And if i did, i would start to question my sanity.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What? I for sure wouldn't buy that! XD And if i did, i would start to question my sanity.

You know what I meant.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Actual carts are where it's at, Ruben. Get with the times. XD

You joke but a friend of mine, who has a Wii U, the ultimate Metroid machine, bought physical copies of Zero Mission and Fusion for his GBA SP and then went and bought a SNES so he could play Super Metroid. That last one is particularly funny because he has a Switch and NSO, he already had Super Metroid.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

People bought Mario All Stars 3D, which was literally just three ROMs prepackaged with emulators. People paid full price for splenda Dolphin and Project 64. I really wouldn't be so surprised about the bag of shit.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Actual carts are where it's at, Ruben. Get with the times. XD

I'll "get with the times" when Nintendo does. Until then, I'll keep on wearing my tricorn, thank you very much.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Alright, time for Ys 8!
See you guys later, or tomorrow! Depending on how long I'll make today's session. xD

Do have fun!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I always knew you were a disappointment, Armagon.

I suppose in that particular area, you do not disappoint.

In my defense, my Nintendo PC does not like Wii games that much. Especially if motion controls.

I had no choice. I had to free Mario Galaxy from the void.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know what I meant.

You joke but a friend of mine, who has a Wii U, the ultimate Metroid machine, bought physical copies of Zero Mission and Fusion for his GBA SP and then went and bought a SNES so he could play Super Metroid. That last one is particularly funny because he has a Switch and NSO, he already had Super Metroid.

Did i? XD

I know, i AM a collector, after all! So, it wasn't a joke in the literal sense as to say collecting isn't a thing.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People bought Mario All Stars 3D, which was literally just three ROMs prepackaged with emulators. People paid full price for splenda Dolphin and Project 64. I really wouldn't be so surprised about the bag of shit.

I'll "get with the times" when Nintendo does. Until then, I'll keep on wearing my tricorn, thank you very much.

I guess.

Well, i hope that works out for ya!