Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

17 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I wish everyone who will spend the entire weekend trying to study a good night!

oI2uunf.png

Good luck and good night!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Or… I could spend 20 hours on just side quests in Trails per chapter!

Or you could spend 30 hours in a single fantastic minigame in Yakuza 0! And then spend another 30 doing side quests!

And then spend another 30 hours trying to get a toy out of the crane game for a side quest.

Edited by Benice

MetroidFans.png?width=662&height=432

Ysfans.png?width=662&height=432

This is honestly one of my favorite bits of video game trivia.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Doesn't Torna count as an ancient society you get to experience while it's alive?

It does although now that i think about it, i wonder if Shrimpy meant within the context of the same game.

Which Xenoblade 2 still would've done anyway if they did the original plan of just having Torna be a playable flashback.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Let the Square bashing begin! Xd

Square Enix more like Square Eww hahahaahahahahahahahahah gottem

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Against my better judgment, considering my track record, I've spent the afternoon playing Mario Party 6 with my friend.

I spent most of the game leading in stars and coins both, while my friend got pounded repeatedly and ended up with 1 star.

Then I landed on chance time and we swapped stars.

Then I landed on chance time again in the final turn and he swapped stars with an AI.

The result is that I went from consistently first for 20 turns to last and we were both defeated by two normal difficulty AIs.

Thanks, Kaga.

That's not so bad as the time i went an entire game of Mario Party 2 without getting a single star. I landed on Chance Time on the final turn and bet all my coins because literally what had i to lose?

The game ended with me in last place with zero starts and zero coins. Because i just kept getting shit on that entire game.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I said this multipe times before, but i never could get into any of their games

The one Square game i've ever gotten into isn't even considered a Square game.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You say this, but you said also once before we'll likely never Episode III even now, because it'd be too depressing.

Did i say this? I genuinely don't remember?

For it to be III, it'd have to be... actually, I don't think XC2 has a true Episode III.

Yeah, the game has Episode III vibes but it doesn't have like, something that could count as it. 

Tbf, Xenosaga is purely Episode I and Xenoblade X can be counted as Episodes I and II.

But, I'm never going to not feel uneasy about having Metroids in the same room as me in Prime. The prospect of one sneaking up on me and latching on is unnerving no matter how strong Samus is.

Oh yeah, that sounds genuinely terrifying.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Classic Ys amounts of gameplay content

Trails levels of story

why

i just want to bash bosses in the head

The gameplay:Story ratio is way to low

I recall you saying that Ys 8 was the first Ys game to give more emphasis on story.

I wonder if that's Falcom's plan for Ys' future.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I do like Final Fantasy X and XII, and I didn't dislike XIII (in fact, I found it quite fun), but by and large, when it comes to JRPGs (which is admittedly about the only genre I extensively play), they are not my first choice, either.

Yeah, Square Enix has to do something really neat to catch my attention.

Won't lie tho, that Dragon Quest 3 remake does look exquisite. Will perhaps be the only Dragon Quest i play.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Too much story for too little gameplay for my tastes.

Play Metroid for basically the exact opposite experience.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've heard both, and never made this connection. Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've heard both, and never made this connection. Interesting.

The composer of Ys 1 (and maybe other Ys game) once posted on Yahoo about how he was directly inspired by Metroid's item tune when he made Ys' item tune.

A bit too inspired tho haha.

Sadly, this piece of evidence has been lost to the void since Yahoo went offline.

20210711024954_1.jpg

Fie confirmed

Dunban confirmed

20210711034722_1.jpg

Fire Emblem Sword Master confirmed

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds delic- *Remembers he's a silent protagonist* Nope! And quadruple hell no! for it being the result of terrible forced circumstances. Darn it.

he might be Silent, but he does have a personality and is less of a self insert, really.

What we the players ''play'' are books written by Adol Christin found long after his time

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

MetroidFans.png?width=662&height=432

Ysfans.png?width=662&height=432

Ys fans 🤝 Metroid fans

Item tune

recall you saying that Ys 8 was the first Ys game to give more emphasis on story

Ys 7*

And while Ys 8 does have more than Ys 7 yeah, it also never got in the way of the gameplay, and both worked really well together, especially with the higher gameplay:story ratio of Ys 8

I wonder if that's Falcom's plan for Ys' future

exactly what i am worried about

i am accepting it this game despite my complaints, but i don't want Ys 9's structure again

Ys 8 was perfect in how it was done imo.

It does although now that i think about it, i wonder if Shrimpy meant within the context of the same game.

Thing with Torna is...

I didn't really feel the difference between the 500 years. The Technological and magical level felt about the same.

Edited by Shrimperor

Died to Flaaghaara.

In my defense, I fell into the pool of acid in the tree room and lost two e-tanks.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dunban confirmed

0/10, no naked strat.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing with Torna is...

I didn't really feel the difference between the 500 years. The Technological and magical level felt about the same.

Yeah fair. Something more to what you're saying would be a game centered around that area.

Another Blueblanc riddle quest!?

My reaction was basically Estelle’s

qMsPexe.jpg

And I ruined my streak of not using a guide for SC’s riddle quests because how are you supposed to figure out the second one?

Well anyway, I finished the quest, eventually.

TEq05S8.jpg

Yes, Estelle, exactly! Time sepith, specifically. Actually, I have more than enough of every other kind except maybe water.

XoUjak8.jpg

Wait what!? Woohoo! Mine chief Gaston is best mine chief. This is the easiest 500 time sepith I ever got. I have to thank Blueblanc this time, without him I might not have more than doubled my supply.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hope you get used to saying this in every Trails game (except 3rd).

Blueblanc, one way or another, shows up in every game in the series.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Blueblanc, one way or another, shows up in every game in the series.

Right, well, that’s the end of my Trails play through, thanks so much for helping me, everyone.

Spoiler

…somehow I feel like I’ve made this joke before.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Something more to what you're saying would be a game centered around that area

yup! 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Those damn things are in every arc everywhere

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Right, well, that’s the end of my Trails play through, thanks so much for helping me, everyone.

Reveal hidden contents

…somehow I feel like I’ve made this joke before.

I may be a Trails Villain, but you are Antonn xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Those damn things are in every arc everywhere

Final arc: 

Grandmaster: "hang on, where did all the plot devices go? Hey, what's this card?"

Now that I've settled my relationship with MP1 on a slightly disappointing note, I'm back to being undecided on what to play.

Do I take advantage of my GameCube having been brought up and replay some other 20-year-old games? I could try Viewtiful Joe and lose against Fire Leo again. Since my memories of the entomological imitator are still fresh, perhaps I should dig up TTYD to do hands-on a comparison with that game. I could finish the Grand Prix of Custom Robo and get that Ray Warrior model I never did. Return to PoR with open eyes wide open about how slow it is and realize how impatient I am in the modern day but I still act like a child? Do the Triforce Hunt in Wind Waker? Check exactly how much grinding I had done in Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean? -All wonderful thoughts, although perhaps none worth acting on.

Or, do I go back to my mishmash unorganized backlog? Probably this. I shouldn't be digging up fossils from years to which I can never return.

I'm starting to feel depressed again. Does the escapism of near-nonstop play of a nice video game wear off so fast? Well TBF, said game ended on a somewhat sad note.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Did i say this? I genuinely don't remember?

*Looks for the quote*

Actually you didn't. It was me who speculated that ending badly might be why Episode III hasn't had its own game yet. You responded with the possible explanation being that XG Episode III works better as part of a story, not the whole thing. Although understanding my speculative reason, you cited Torna as evidence that it likely isn't because Episode III would end not very happily. 

My mistake!😅

When does Adol find the Morph Ball?😛

Could make for a crack fangame/fanficition idea. In different worlds at the exact same moment, Adol and Samus get identical mysterious objects and in a flash find themselves in the other's world, forced to finish whatever task the other had underway. A medieval-ish swordsman in an alien-infested sci-fi world, the hunter clad in Chozo technology in a place where she'll never be able to restock on Missiles then again, Other M says she can meditate and contemplate missiles into existence. If this sounds lopsided in Samus's favor- then force her to operate under the classic Ys bump system to even things out, and maybe give Adol some Prime 3 Hypermode (which I'm told breaks the game).

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

he might be Silent, but he does have a personality and is less of a self insert, really.

What we the players ''play'' are books written by Adol Christin found long after his time

I know, but thirsting over Silent Protags is still not something I do. At best, they become the stand-in for me who thirsts over their not-silent companions in this fantasies -but never while I'm actually playing the game, only long after I'm done with it.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In my defense, I fell into the pool of acid in the tree room and lost two e-tanks.

And you didn't bother returning to the nearest save station that badly wounded? Were you not expecting the fight? Well, at least you got an idea of the battle, reconnaissance runs are a perfectly fine idea.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Square Enix more like Square Eww hahahaahahahahahahahahah gottem

I dont get it.

@Shrimperor I started Trails FC on May 3rd and completed Trails the 3rd on May 30th. So barely under a month, but I started 3rd around a week later since I had stuff to take care of before I started it.

Varia Suit obtained.

Wait, it's not the barf colors?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although understanding my speculative reason, you cited Torna as evidence that it likely isn't because Episode III would end not very happily. 

Ah.

Besides, games with sad endings is not uncommon.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Could make for a crack fangame/fanficition idea. In different worlds at the exact same moment, Adol and Samus get identical mysterious objects and in a flash find themselves in the other's world, forced to finish whatever task the other had underway. A medieval-ish swordsman in an alien-infested sci-fi world, the hunter clad in Chozo technology in a place where she'll never be able to restock on Missiles then again, Other M says she can meditate and contemplate missiles into existence.

Better hope this didn't happen during the events of Fusion or Dread then haha. Adol may put up a fight and win on Zebes or SR388 but he actually will die to the X-Parasites or the E.M.M.Is.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you didn't bother returning to the nearest save station that badly wounded? Were you not expecting the fight? 

I figured there'd be a boss cause the music stop.

I did not think I'd lose tho.

Metroid Prime does a good job of injecting "fear" in the player later on imo. 

That feeling when your in a dark room knowing space pirates could be anywhere, it can be pretty tense!

Edited by lightcosmo

Unless he's I&II's Adol, then he just bumps the X into defeat.

Man, now that'd be quite an interesting scenario. Well, considering Samus can metabolize X parasites into missiles and bombs, and all the talk about her suit being organic to a degree. I wouldn't be surprise if there is some energy conversion there somewhere. So Samus could just get something to use as a power source for ammunition.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Varia Suit obtained.

Wait, it's not the barf colors?

Those are the Fusion Suit's colors with that upgrade if you're playing Prime with that costume swap, they match the palette of Metroid Fusion's non-SA-X Varia Suit. The actual Prime Varia Suit is the same as the one she starts with.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unless he's I&II's Adol, then he just bumps the X into defeat.

SA-X: *uses Samus' full arsenal*

Adol: "oh yeah, bumper cars time".

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Those are the Fusion Suit's colors if you're playing with that costume swap, they match the Fusion Varia Suit's palette. The actual Prime Varia Suit is the same as the one she starts with.

Ah, I see.

You've given me reason not to use the Fusion Suit costume.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ah, I see.

You've given me reason not to use the Fusion Suit costume.

The Varia Suit does eventually get superseded, albeit not for a significant while, where you'd have put up with the hideous yellow. And even when replaced, I prefer Prime's suits schemes over Fusion's 3D adaptions. Stick with the big pauldrons, slim isn't in.

Why does it feel like I wasn't supposed to enter Magmoor Caverns yet?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stick with the big pauldrons, slim isn't in.

Agreed, Samus' power suit looks weird without them.

Fusion and Dread suits missing the big pauldrons is fine because they're going for the sleeker look.

Oh I found a shortcut to the Overworld, thank God.

Finding a save room in Prime is actually really tense (even if I don't feel like this game should've kept the Metroidvania tradition of save rooms).