• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Smh, if it only takes two fifths of your lifetime for a story to get good, it is absolutely worth it.

I need that time to replay Berwick Saga.

Just now, Sooks said:

I mean, I guess I could bring Olivier to the first floor up to Blueblanc and train him ups that way.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:
Spoiler

the axis pillar.

yeah that's the final dungeon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are the boss battles hard enough that bringing these characters out could make them a lot tougher?

Hmm

depends really

They are tough yeah, but not super tough

the 5th boss tho you should go all out

I'm starting to doomscroll again, what's it been, a month since I last stopped? Stop again now, I know.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well the game does tell you to go to the X-Visor's location before the Grapple Beam's (I thought the Grapple Beam would be the Phazon Suit) so chances are you have the X-Ray by then.

I thought that was odd myself. I tried heading deeper into the mines, got the X-Ray hint, turned around and got the Grapple Beam's afterwards as I was beginning to leave. It was right to tell you X-Ray was need to go further in the Mines, but I still think it's a lapse in the hint system, like they could've added something to scan nearby that'd tell you "come back with x-ray spectrometry" to the room you can't yet cross.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Plasma Beam obtained and that is enough for today.

Try killing enemies using single shots vs. charged ones with the Plasma Beam, the death animations should be distinctive. Shall I suggest using Baby Sheegoths as your test subjects?

But man, I think once I'm done with the Mines, I'm just gonna download a completed save so I can skip the Artifact treasure hunt. The backtracking in this game is already doodoo dogshit, I don't want to do more of it.

Too adjusted to the teleport rooms of Samus Returns? Although I get you that slowly trekking through Magmoor again and taking the load screen elevators is tedious. Personally, I didn't think the Artifact hunt difficult or overly long in itself -though I had residual memories.

I won't judge so is this game looking to be a 7/10, or will you hammer it down another point? but if you're going to grab a save online, try to find one that's 100% on item collection for the best ending.

Anyways, this reminds me about a decision in Atelier Lulua. It's speculated that the reason Lulua is Rorona's adoptive daughter instead of biological is because they didn't want, you know, the "backlash".

The Story of Seasons reasoning for the abandonment of rival marriages is shown ever clearer through this speculation. You wouldn't think that 1st world countries would have declining birth rate issues if people were so aggressively lustful, but then I take it that it says less (but something) about urges of that nature, as it does about cravings for power over others.

*Laughs in Cold Steel 4*

*Laughs harder in Suikoden*

-Well not all of the 108 Stars of Destiny are fighters, but the vast majority are. And yet you've only 6 character slots. Extreme curving on leveling makes being underleveled not a problem.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

XD

that's because their 'real' names are spoilers haha

even tho they are incredibly obvious once you play the game

Well, it's the thought that counts.😃 Until Smash ruins everything.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

thought that was odd myself. I tried heading deeper into the mines, got the X-Ray hint, turned around and got the Grapple Beam's afterwards as I was beginning to leave. It was right to tell you X-Ray was need to go further in the Mines, but I still think it's a lapse in the hint system, like they could've added something to scan nearby that'd tell you "come back with x-ray spectrometry" to the room you can't yet cross.

Ah, you probably took the long way then. The room where you fight the first Elite Pirate connects to a shaft that you need the Powee Bombs to go through. After a little while, you'll come across an elevator that takes you back to Magmoor.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Too adjusted to the teleport rooms of Samus Returns? Although I get you that slowly trekking through Magmoor again and taking the load screen elevators is tedious.

Yeah, it's that Samus is just too slow in this game. Backtracking in the 2D Metroids (even Super with it's big-ass map) wasn't really an issue because you moved through the areas pretty fast but in Prime, you're pretty slow, so it ends up sucking.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

so is this game looking to be a 7/10, or will you hammer it down another point?

It's either that or a 6/10 tbh. Need to think about it more.

I'll go over reasons when I'm done.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know… I kinda don’t feel like it, but I also kind of want to.

do what your heart tells you to do 😉

I myself watched the events later on youtube and later during many final dungeon replays i did with different parties

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Until Smash ruins everything.

Sakurai is a pretty big Ys fan afaik. So maybe Adol last DLC=

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Adol in Smash, dealing 1% damage anytime he touches his opponents. XD

and if he touches them from the front he takes 1% damage, too xD

I have no hope of my pick getting in Smash, so... sure, Adol for Smash. Why not, it's not like I'm going to care either way. Might as well make everyone else in the thread happy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have no hope of my pick getting in Smash, so... sure, Adol for Smash. Why not, it's not like I'm going to care either way. Might as well make everyone else in the thread happy.

Always hope for the best! 

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Sakurai is a pretty big Ys fan afaik. So maybe Adol last DLC=

That was a Xenoblade reference you foundling wouldn't get. A certain cyborg from the first game got called "Seven" by fans -since they were the seventh character to join- because fans were too nice to spoil who they were for other players. Then came Smash 4 Wii U, and guess who got a trophy?

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoa... Thats pretty low! Xd

It depends on the individual's scoring system. Some people out there insist we should use all the numbers regularly as opposed to basically banning anything below a 6 or 7 as "complete trash". For me, a 6/10 is still playable and -hesitantly- recommendable, if quite flawed.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

That was a Xenoblade reference you foundling wouldn't get. A certain cyborg from the first game got called "Seven" by fans -since they were the seventh character to join- because fans were too nice to spoil who they were for other players. Then came Smash 4 Wii U, and guess who got a trophy?

oh yeah

But it isn't the only thing smash spoils xD

It's clear they don't care as much, since PxZ 2 doesn't bother with it, either.

Then again, the Japanese do have different opinions when it comes to spoilers than the West.