• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Switching to a Samus pfp because honestly, i have not been this invested in a series in a long time.

This beats out the time i was super invested into Trails when i first started playing because i was a Western Trails fan.

Honestly tho, what is that i fucking love sci-fi and Metroid scratches that itch perfectly.

I'll bring back the Xiaomou pfp tho. One day.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Prime Hunters and 3 made threadbare attempt to add more named and living people from non-human races to the universe, but they weren't enough.

There is the manga but while it's canon, it's not a game.

I think the main issue is that Metroid usually limits itself to one location. Be it a planet or a space station, it all takes place in one place. So it's kinda hard to establish a world when you only get to see one piece of it at a time.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's something, which is better than much of MP's soundtrack.

Oh yeah, Metroid Prime's soundtrack falls into the same issue that most Metroid soundtracks have: they fit the place but they aren't really memorable.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Plant trees, build some facilities to desalinate seawater and use that to make the deserts green. Power it with solar panels.

Ok but the thing with deserts is that deserts are a thriving ecosystem, even if it doesn't look like it.

Could we build solar panels across the Sahara or whatever? Sure. But we'd destroy an entire ecosystem in the process, which kinda goes against the whole thing.

But yeah, there are a lot of issues that can easily be fixed if people weren't so greedy.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

this went from 0 to 100 and then back 0 in the span of 2 lines xD

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not exactly sure where I pulled the idea from. Okamiden is springing to mind now, but I definitely didn't have it in mind as I was writing it.

Oh and here i thought it was a reference to the ending of Baten Kaitos. With a few things changed up.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

But what the hell, Araki?

Araki moment.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, Metroid Prime's soundtrack falls into the same issue that most Metroid soundtracks have: they fit the place but they aren't really memorable.

Zero Mission where? Xd

Josette is forced for infiltrating the ship, hm? Well, that makes sense. Let’s see how this goes.

>Defense 4 quartz

>HP 4 quartz

>gets under half health in one attack

So this is how it’s gonna be, huh? Benice don’t do this to yourself.

Her faint craft is useful, at least. No S-craft really just seems like the devs trolling though.

Edited by Sooks

Unless your Zin, defence usually isnt worth investing in. (Kevin can do it, but there are better choices for him imo) enemies usually brute force through defence pretty easily.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Unless your Zin, defence usually isnt worth investing in. (Kevin can do it, but there are better choices for him imo) enemies usually brute force through defence pretty easily.

I had nothing better to give her, since I was just throwing on her whatever I had lying around.

Ok so the Phazon Mines is actually dogshit. An hour of progress lost because there is one save room in the entire fucking area and it's at the start.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Zero Mission where? Xd

Zero Mission is the one exception. Samus Returns is the other but it ain't as strong.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What are they like? Jumpstart isn’t ringing any bells.

Heh, if you aren't a 90's or early 00's kid, then probably not. At least for old school Jumpstart.

Anyway, they're Edutainment games. They were basically the first computer games I ever played. Here's a full playthrough of one of them:

That channel has full playthroughs of some of the rest. Plus other edutainment games of the era, which I've also played some of them too. Sometimes even in school. The few times they'd let you play games during Computer Class... since sometimes it was part of the curriculum, haha.

Even if nowadays I could blitz through those games, sometimes nostalgia makes me want to do it anyway, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Back in my day, we actually learned stuff while playing video games. And we liked it!

No, seriously. At some point in Elementary school my entire class was competing with each other to see who could beat them first.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok so the Phazon Mines is actually dogshit. An hour of progress lost because there is one save room in the entire fucking area and it's at the start.

Actually there is a second, it's in a room neighboring the one with the Power Bombs. The lengthy stretch to said upgrade being the toughest part of the game I felt.

Wow, the robot boss battle on the glorious was hard. But good. Is this a sign?

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, Math. Deal with it.

Based.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

>Defense 4 quartz

>HP 4 quartz

>gets under half health in one attack

So this is how it’s gonna be, huh? Benice don’t do this to yourself.

Sounds like the ideal person for me.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually there is a second, it's in a room neighboring the one with the Power Bombs. The lengthy stretch to said upgrade being the toughest part of the game I felt.

Yep. Got the Power Bombs a little while ago, then saved and ended the play session there. Hoo boy.

So... Shrimpy is the Ultimate Hope, while I am Ultimate Despair?
Teehee Danganronpa?

Anyways, I made some more progress in Ys 8.
So... first things first. Did someone pick up the phone? Because I called it:
g9dq2ou.jpg

The only question now is... How can there be two Eternians among the Wardens of Evolution? Very, very mysterious.

Also, I found the final castaway and it is someone Adol knows, apparently:
WveeY8O.jpg

She seems cool.

And then I did a quest for some ultimate armor and got an event with the resident blacksmith
xBc5fcQ.jpguTZLM5k.jpgi269XJF.jpg303GYU4.jpg

There's another character I want reappearing in the eventual game that takes place in the Romun Empire.
It would not make sense for her not to, unless they, like, kill her off before the game happens (like, you get there and she's not there, and then you hear she died of illness or some such).

And then, I also walked into what I assume is a bonus boss. Ys 8 veterans will know when they see it, I expect:
ZlvlBSN.jpg

My characters around level 62
This boss level 80
This boss is super fast and hits like a freight train.
I used Dana, Laxia, and Sahad.
Now guess how that battle ended.

Edited by DragonFlames