Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry for getting heated there, it's nothing against you. My monitor's HDMI port decided to stop working suddenly and I am a little bit absolutely livid about it.

Yikes, that's bad luck. 

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We could generate more money if we invest into renewable stuff

The most hilarious part is that electricity produced with renewable energy doesn't even need to be more expensive than what we have now. But electricity lobby gotta lobby, I guess.

Though "renewable" is relative, too, in the case of trees, at least.
Because those need time to regrow. Time the industries don't give them.

but nah let's destroy the planet first <.<

Yeah.
Stuff like this is what makes me laugh at anyone saying "humans are the crown of evolution" unironically.

what more do we need...

At this point, I honestly have lost all hope that humanity is ever going to change for the better, tbh.
This pandemic was THE big chance for us to change our ways, to strive for a new start, but nope! Gotta fall back into the same shit that got us into this mess in the first place.

I don't let it shine through often, but I am utterly fed up with the human race as a whole.
And I make no exception for myself.

Edited by DragonFlames

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though "renewable" is relative, too, in the case of trees, at least.
Because those need time to regrow. Time the industries don't give them.

Technically, fossil fuels are renewable too. All we need is a mass die-off event followed by compacting it all into the Earth and waiting some thousands and millions of years, I think humanity is capable of that.

Stuff like this is what makes me laugh at anyone saying "humans are the crown of evolution" unironically.

And anyone with a decent high school biology education will remember there is no everlasting "pinnacle" to evolution. Evolution is being fit enough to survive and reproduce in an organism's current environment, that is all. Evolutionary fitness is always relative and in the end, temporary.

I don't let it shine through often, but I am utterly fed up with the human race as a whole.

I'm less angry, more fearful. Fear is the guiding emotion is that, provided civilization continues to exist, will most likely let one live a life more likely to end in a death of old age and natural causes. Anger can lead one to protest, which isn't good in an unfree society, which humanity is most unfortunately scarily drifting towards, as if socioeconomic disparities and environmental catastrophe weren't enough.

...This is getting too glum. I need escapism!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...This is getting too glum.

i will help

While yeah i get the anger at humanity and totally share it

But humanity also achieved so much, and there are many good people out there that do good not expecting to get anything in return.

Sadly those aren't in power, but the good in humanity exits

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

At this point, I honestly have lost all hope that humanity is ever going to change for the better, tbh.
This pandemic was THE big chance for us to change our ways, to strive for a new start, but nope! Gotta fall back into the same shit that got us into this mess in the first place.

Mm, yeah. It's really depressing. But I think we do indeed have an opportunity to push forward toward something brighter.

I remember hearing last month, I believe on NPR, that even just dealing with the largest sources of methane polluters, the world would begin to cool down a bit in just 12 years. Of course, cutting back on CO2 now is also of critical importance due to how long that stuff remains in the atmosphere, but cutting methane emissions would buy a lot of time for us to do just that. Now, if only we could actually get legislation that considered this. 

Oh no, this is where I come to escape stuff like that.

Time to retreat to chapter 9 of SC or a school assignment (and then chapter 9 of SC).

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i will help

While yeah i get the anger at humanity and totally share it

But humanity also achieved so much, and there are many good people out there that do good not expecting to get anything in return.

Sadly those aren't in power, but the good in humanity exits

True, and I try to take a measure of solace in the sad facts of history. Humans have been unfree for the majority of it, humans have lived through many dark ages before, including purely-natural environmental ones. Humans in the modern day, although too many still live wretchedly, have seen the standards of living improve, with the means for amusements to keep ourselves from going insane from all that is wrong having become generally more accessible. 

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...This is getting too glum. I need escapism!

Same, and I'm sorry for bringing up such a gloomy topic.
I couldn't help but give in to my anger a little there. I apologize.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

the good in humanity exits

It does.
Like right here.

There are good people here, and I know they exist elsewhere, too.
Just not me, seeing how I killed the chill atmosphere around here.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Time to retreat to chapter 9 of SC or a school assignment (and then chapter 9 of SC).

There's a really wholesome and happy game where you can escape from stuff like this. Its name starts with an O and for once, it doesn't have Saga in it.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hey, now. Don't be like that, man.

I don’t know, it just makes me sad.

And @DragonFlames is definitely not the worst of humanity or whatever, because the worst of humanity doesn’t care about this stuff.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I killed the chill atmosphere around here.

Even if that were true, humanity is killing a much more important chill atmosphere.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sorry! I'll stop now.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's fine. Misery loves a company, and I've been unnecessarily bleak here too in the past.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

dude if you aren't good then i am all the evil in the world.

Nonono! You don't understand how it works. You absorb all the evil in the world into yourself, but you fail to control it like you thought you could, and then ask Draggy to kill you, thus getting rid of all the world evil you absorbed at the same time. And fortunately, your soul survives and magically poofs back into a physical body during the ending.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Its name starts with an O and for once, it doesn't have Saga in it.

Okami? Octopath Traveler? Oracle of Seasons/Ages? Operation Panties Dood!?😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

''Hope will always be there''

That's always something to remember.

Words my mom always told me: ''Without Hope, there's no living, and there's no living without Hope''

I try to always live true to those words.

For hope dies the last

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nonono! You don't understand how it works. You absorb all the evil in the world into yourself, but you fail to control it you thought you could, and then ask Draggy to kill you, thus getting rid of all the world evil you absorbed at the same time. And fortunately, your soul survives and magically poofs back into a physical body during the ending.

this went from 0 to 100 and then back 0 in the span of 2 lines xD

So Draggy is the protag and i am the anti hero that gets the undeserved true happy ending? xD

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>happy

tenor.gif

Heh...

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Okami? Octopath Traveler? Oracle of Seasons/Ages? Operation Panties Dood!?😛

...Operation Panties Dood. It's Operation Panties Dood.

And I cannot believe that is a real game.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For hope dies the last

We should see what happens if I put hope in my team

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

We should see what happens if I put hope in my team

Hope will die a gruesome death then

just like that one fish shop dude told me while we were talking

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hope will die a gruesome death then

O O F

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

just like that one fish shop dude told me while we were talking

Eh? Who? That's so oddly specific...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh? Who? That's so oddly specific...

no one important, just someone i was having a small talk with while waiting for my fish to be ready xD