Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

That feeling when you get a question wrong for a very stupid reason. That was so obvious, brain!

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry!

It’s okay!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

this went from 0 to 100 and then back 0 in the span of 2 lines xD

So Draggy is the protag and i am the anti hero that gets the undeserved true happy ending? xD

Excuse me for liking a happy ending. But I getcha it's too saccharine.

Not exactly sure where I pulled the idea from. Okamiden is springing to mind now, but I definitely didn't have it in mind as I was writing it.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Operation Panties Dood. It's Operation Panties Dood.

And I cannot believe that is a real game.

Well, it's just the subtitle, which I forgot the "Dawn of" part of, so it doesn't actually count as an "O" title at all.😅 And less dirty than it sounds, since you're retrieving stolen panties, not carrying out some degenerate perv raid.

Disgaea is a franchise, that while capable of serious moments, is usually more at home being utterly excessive and absurd. It is, barring spinoffs, SRPGs, but the numbers are so big you'd die at the sight of them, and then want to die again when you wake up dead in the netherworlds the franchise takes place in.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Excuse me for liking a happy ending.

Good endings are nice. Though I prefer them when they're earned through a whole bunch of misery. Overly lighthearted stories are kinda boring... for the most part.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, it's just the subtitle, which I forgot the "Dawn of" part of, so it doesn't actually count as an "O" title at all.😅 And less dirty than it sounds, since you're retrieving stolen panties, not carrying out some degenerate perv raid.

Disgaea is a franchise, that while capable of serious moments, is usually more at home being utterly excessive and absurd. It is, barring spinoffs, SRPGs, but the numbers are so big you'd die at the sight of them, and then want to die again when you wake up dead in the netherworlds the franchise takes place in.

O O F

Yeah, better stay clear.

I start chapter 9 and one of the first things my ears are greeted to is the better version of Silver Will. And then the rest of the story from there is epic.

aQ8Liye.jpg

Oh, so this is what Shrimpy meant. Gameplay, please pick up and I can see this being a wonderful finale based on the beginning.

Spoiler

caacrck.jpg
And now, I get to pick the party for the finale. I really, really, really want to use Olivier now that the mystery of him has been solved, but I just cannot justify it, especially considering how underlevelled he is. Sorry Olivert, I’m rolling out with Kloe and Kevin.

…no. NO NO NO NO NO, JOSHUA, TELL ME WHAT YOU’RE PREPARING ISN’T SOME WAY TO BEAT THE FINAL BOSS BY SACRIFICING YOURSELF, I MEAN I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU APPEAR IN SOME FORM IN THE THIRD GAME BUT JOSHUA PLEASE—

RRDwqWL.jpg

The medbay, huh? Interesting place to prepare a secret weapon. 🤔

It’s interesting that Kevin helps Joshua and Kloe waits with Estelle, though, because that makes it seem like who I picked actually slightly alters what happens, specifically Kevin. Does that happen no matter what or just because I picked him?

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Overly lighthearted stories are kinda boring... for the most part.

In this day and age, they're the most comforting of all in this bleak world.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good endings are nice. Though I prefer them when they're earned through a whole bunch of misery. Overly lighthearted stories are kinda boring... for the most part.

what. Lighthearted stories can have great moments!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Congrats Sooks! On making it to the finale is mean!

Thanks! Let’s hope I do well here. You used Kloe and Kevin too, didn’t you?

Just now, Sooks said:

Thanks! Let’s hope I do well here. You used Kloe and Kevin too, didn’t you?

I actually did not use Kevin! I swapped Schera and Agate for X situations.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In this day and age, they're the most comforting of all in this bleak world.

Fair point.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

what. Lighthearted stories can have great moments!

Well, to each their own, as they say. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a lighthearted story, but I find that they tend to be less interesting. "Tend to be", not "necessarily are".

I don’t prefer lighthearted stories, since usually the more lighthearted it is, the lower the stakes are, and the lower the stakes are, the more boring it is. All in my opinion, of course.

As far as endings, I do prefer them happier, but that’s mainly just because it’s a lot easier to write a good good ending then it is to write a good bad ending, so good endings usually end up better, although sometimes I like my endings overall good but with a bit of tragedy, like the first Banner Saga. Don’t get that example? Well, go play the game!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t prefer lighthearted stories, since usually the more lighthearted it is, the lower the stakes are, and the lower the stakes are, the more boring it is. All in my opinion, of course.

As far as endings, I do prefer them happier, but that’s mainly just because it’s a lot easier to write a good good ending then it is to write a good bad ending, so good endings usually end up better, although sometimes I like my endings overall good but with a bit of tragedy, like the first Banner Saga. Don’t get that example? Well, go play the game!

Yes, basically.

I dunno, if a story was all doom and gloom, it would be as "simple" as a lighthearted focused story.

I mean, yeah. I don't mean to get to the extreme either, super edgy stories aren't my kind of story either. But if I had to choose, I prefer when stories lean more towards the dark than the light. Of course, lighthearted moments are important. Funny moments are what I tend to take screenshots of, after all.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah. I don't mean to get to the extreme either, super edgy stories aren't my kind of story either. But if I had to choose, I prefer when stories lean more towards the dark than the light. Of course, lighthearted moments are important. Funny moments are what I tend to take screenshots of, after all.

Fair enough.

Although on the topic of light vs dark stories: that makes me think how people view FFT's story as amazing cause its dark tone.

Fair enough.

Although on the topic of light vs dark stories: that makes me think how people view FFT's story as amazing cause its dark tone.

If you google FFT, Fast Fourier Transform shows up instead of what you're talking about. In fact, the game doesn't even appear on the second Google page. Huh.

Anyway, I've never played that one, so I couldn't say.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you google FFT, Fast Fourier Transform shows up instead of what you're talking about. In fact, the game doesn't even appear on the second Google page. Huh.

Anyway, I've never played that one, so I couldn't say.

Ah sorry, Final Fantasy Tactics. 

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alot of it is about deciet, betrayal, loss, pain, etc.

And magical demons contained in crystals and a corrupt church!

Almost all else about the narrative gets overridden by those two thing for me. And sluggish gameplay with lacking camera angles. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And magical demons contained in crystals and a corrupt church!

Almost else about the narrative gets overridden by those two thing for me. And sluggish gameplay with lacking camera angles. 

And saving Alma... Over and over...

It does have some amazing music, though.