Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Those aren't their actual names, right? Like I know it's titles but they are refered to by their real names, right?

Those are their titles yeah

They have 'normal' names don't worry

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, this reminds me about a decision in Atelier Lulua. It's speculated that the reason Lulua is Rorona's adoptive daughter instead of biological is because they didn't want, you know, the "backlash".

yeah heard about that as well

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Sooks You will be able to play with them in Sky3rd dw

The problem here (if you can even call it that) is that I just don’t really want to. I’m just super confused why they’re giving me so many new characters at the very end of the game. Like did anyone actually feel like benching the character they’d been using and building the whole game, that they potentially got to know in FC as well, for Mueller?

Just now, Sooks said:

The problem here (if you can even call it that) is that I just don’t really want to. I’m just super confused why they’re giving me so many new characters at the very end of the game. Like did anyone actually feel like benching the character they’d been using and building the whole game, that they potentially got to know in FC as well, for Mueller?

Bonus if you want them. You don't have to.

Just like Athos in FE

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''Regarding how Japanese players reacted to the Monstrum, Kondo says that the White Cat and Doll were particularly popular. Kondo thought that the Raging Bull would be more popular, and thinks that it not turning out that way might be due to her boyfriend.''

from an interview

I feel like I'm reading a news article on the dismantling of an illegal dogfighting ring.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Put Mueller and Josette in your team. Are you a man or just a chicken?

CS5 is even worse

like 40 man party iirc? or was it 50? What is this, a SRPG with Permadeath?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel like I'm reading a news article on the dismantling of an illegal dogfighting ring

XD

that's because their 'real' names are spoilers haha

even tho they are incredibly obvious once you play the game

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bonus if you want them. You don't have to.

Just like Athos in FE

If Athos was about as good as everyone else you’ve been using (probably), perma death wasn’t a thing and you had very few deployment slots, yeah.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining lel. It doesn’t hurt the game at all, it’s just a confusing decision.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Put Mueller and Josette in your team. Are you a man or just a chicken?

But you see Ruben, if I did that I would have to bench Olivier.

Spoiler

Okay guys, no one tell Ruben that I’ve had Olivier benched for the entire final chapter already.

Edited by Sooks

like 40 man party iirc? What is this, a SRPG with Permadeath?

1464025999049.png

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But you see Ruben, if I did that I would have to bench Olivier.

Hide contents

Okay guys, no one tell Ruben that I’ve had Olivier benched for the entire final chapter.

Sooks, I read the spoilers. I've known this entire time that you're just a chicken.

Incidentally:

Character bias >>>>> stats

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Shrimperor said:

that's enough internet for today

I like how you 99% missed the reference and yet it still achieved the effect I wanted to cause simply by virtue of what the image is.

Honestly tho, you know where that comes from?

Okay, I think I’m prepared for the end of the game. The only thing I’m really lacking is an onyx gem for Estelle, but I don’t want to grind 1000 time sepith I have 14 right now, pain for that. Sorry Estelle, you’ll almost certainly be the least useful against the final boss anyway.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooks, I read the spoilers. I've known this entire time that you're just a chicken.

Incidentally:

I’m the chicken? You couldn’t wait 400 hours for the story to get good, smh.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how you 99% missed the reference and yet it still achieved the effect I wanted to cause simply by virtue of what the image is.

Honestly tho, you know where that comes from?

no xD

But looks like something from a castlevania bad romhack or something lol

Okay, I think I’m prepared for the end of the game. The only thing I’m really lacking is an onyx gem for Estelle, but I don’t want to grind 1000 time sepith I have 14 right now, pain for that. Sorry Estelle, you’ll almost certainly be the least useful against the final boss anyway.

you will probably get enough time sepith to craft one before you get to the final boss

Final dungeon gives you aloooooooooooot

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you will probably get enough time sepith to craft one before you get to the final boss

Final dungeon gives you aloooooooooooot

I thought this was the point of no return?

I thought this was the point of no return?

no not yet

You can enter the final dungeon and come out (and for extra story scenes you should probably change characters for some boss battles)

Point of no return is at the end of final dungeon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Point of no return is at the end of final dungeon

Is this the final dungeon?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

For the extra story scenes:

Blueblanc: Kloe and Olivier

Walter: Zin

Luci: Schera

But are they really worth it?

Just now, Sooks said:

Is this the final dungeon?

are you entering a

Spoiler

Tower?

that is the final dungeon. And the point of no return is before the 5th boss battle

But are they really worth it?

you can view them on youtube later

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m the chicken? You couldn’t wait 400 hours for the story to get good, smh.

That's not being a chicken though. That's being impatient and to the point. More like... a gracious gazelle, swiftly galloping across the plains.

no xD

But looks like something from a castlevania bad romhack or something lol

It's Lisa: The Painful, my former favorite RPG before Omori dethroned it. Still my second favorite, and another one of the best games I've played. Do yourselves a favor and check it out, everyone. I can't believe it's taken me this long to gush about it.

The reason I posted that image was because, while Lisa doesn't have 40 characters, it does have 30, and for good reason: Indeed, it is a traditional RPG with permadeath. A bunch of enemies have moves that allow them to murder your teammates, a few story decisions can get people killed too, and there's a few places in the overworld where you can lose characters if you aren't careful. Not to mention, the russian roulette.

In particular, the dashing fellow in the image I posted is Peter, a lategame optional boss that is infamous for having not just one but two permadeath moves that he positively loves to use. I remember my encounter with him in my first run. It was... fun.

So yeah. It really isn't such a farfetched concept... Though I question the wisdom of doing it in a RPG without permadeath. That just sounds dumb.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, the call outs.

Cheep x5

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

@Benice just started Skyward Sword! I dont remember everything, so we'll see how this goes.

Hooray!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

are you entering a

Reveal hidden contents

Tower?

that is the final dungeon. And the point of no return is before the 5th boss battle

Yes,

Spoiler

the axis pillar.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you can view them on youtube later

Are the boss battles hard enough that bringing these characters out could make them a lot tougher?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not being a chicken though. That's being impatient and to the point. More like... a gracious gazelle, swiftly galloping across the plains.

Smh, if it only takes two fifths of your lifetime for a story to get good, it is absolutely worth it.