Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

oh yeah

But it isn't the only thing smash spoils xD

True, they be doing that since Melee- Sheik hasn't been keeping a low profile. Nobody complained back then -or did they?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But at least Smash doesn't take 50 hours to get to the goddamned point

Shall I suggest The Longest Five Minutes then? The game starts with the final battle but the hero suddenly develops total amnesia and the entire game is spent in flashback. -Not a serious recommendation, as the game I read is very generic.

• Replies 176.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It depends on the individual's scoring system. Some people out there insist we should use all the numbers regularly as opposed to basically banning anything below a 6 or 7 as "complete trash". For me, a 6/10 is still playable and -hesitantly- recommendable, if quite flawed.

Criteria pending, yeah. I was going off an average, and to me 8/10 is recommendable. Any lower, highly unlikely.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Plot Twist. It's Segata.

Ok but that would mean we get the Segata theme in Smash and I think everyone would win.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

iHsCYTS.png
3F230mo.png

Ys 10: Adol and the Wandering Witch.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ys 10: Adol and the Wandering Witch.

Plot Twist: She's his daughter

>Both travel the world

>Both write Books about their travels

>Both face the supernatural

Adol is much more heroic tho

Edited by Shrimperor

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

do what your heart tells you to do 😉

I had a sandwich and in that blessed moment my heart revealed it wanted to say screw it and go for the story scenes.

…but then my brain said no, take your exam first, so I will do the final dungeon later (probably in like an hour or so).

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

iHsCYTS.png
3F230mo.png

Joshua isn’t there

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I had a sandwich and in that blessed moment my heart revealed it wanted to say screw it and go for the story scenes.

Hah!

That must've been one tasty sandwhich

take your exam first

Good luck^^

(probably in like an hour or so).

Hmm

ya know what

i have an idea...

I will play it parallel to you

On Nightmare

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Criteria pending, yeah. I was going off an average, and to me 8/10 is recommendable. Any lower, highly unlikely.

8 is too high for a minimum for recommending if you ask me. Although there are a lot of games out there nowadays, so having higher standards isn't infeasible. 

To reiterate my scoring system again.:

• 10/10 is "You must get this game no matter what!", a masterpiece! Not really, as there will be games and genres people simply don't connect with.
    • Personally, I don't think I'd ever give out a 10. I'm too conscious of issues and too dispassionate emotionally to be so subjectively bold.
  • 9/10 is very highly recommended, a must-get if you're into the genre. Amazing. Unless you really dislike the sub-genre/franchise. 
  • 8/10 is strongly considerable for those into the genre. Great.
  • 7/10 is suggestible for someone into the genre, but not with any major emotion. Good. This is the baseline.
  • 6/10 is hesitantly suggestible for someone into the genre. The flaws might drag it down too much to for it to be good, but it has individual elements worth praising that you really wish had been put into a better overall package. "Tragic" perhaps would be a good way to describe how I'd expect a 6 to make me feel.

And any score below a 6 is bad and worth skipping.

ratings huh?

10 - a perfect game. Which none achieved yet, not even my fav. game ever (Sky SC, which is at 9.5). The closest game that came to it is Ys 8, but the ending ruined what i consider perfection

9- Amazing and must play with few faults here and there and nothing i consider game breaking. My Top 10 all fall here

8- pretty dang good with few faults and one or two big faults

7- Good, enjoyable, but many ''eh?'' moments and a few big faults

6 - average and/or faults that make big parts of the game not enjoyable

5 - bad with some enjoyable moments

4 and below - catastrophe

You can see scores for most games i played here

Edited by Shrimperor

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shall I suggest The Longest Five Minutes then? The game starts with the final battle but the hero suddenly develops total amnesia and the entire game is spent in flashback. -Not a serious recommendation, as the game I read is very generic.

Well, I appreciate the concept, if nothing else.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Food is good.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…but then my brain said no, take your exam first, so I will do the final dungeon later (probably in like an hour or so).

Yeah, probably would pay off to be responsible.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

8 is too high for a minimum for recommending if you ask me. Although there are a lot of games out there nowadays, so having higher standards isn't infeasible. 

• 10/10 is "You must get this game no matter what!", a masterpiece! Not really, as there will be games and genres people simply don't connect with.
    • Personally, I don't think I'd ever give out a 10. I'm too conscious of issues and too dispassionate emotionally to be so subjectively bold.
  • 9/10 is very highly recommended, a must-get if you're into the genre. Amazing. Unless you really dislike the sub-genre/franchise. 
  • 7/10 is suggestible for someone into the genre, but not with any major emotion. Good. This is the baseline.
  • 6/10 is hesitantly suggestible for someone into the genre. The flaws might drag it down too much to for it to be good, but it has individual elements worth praising that you really wish had been put into a better overall package. "Tragic" perhaps would be a good way to describe how I'd expect a 6 to make me feel.

ratings huh?

10 - a perfect game. Which none achieved yet, not even my fav. game ever. The closest game that came to it is Ys 8, but the ending ruined what i consider perfection

9- Amazing and must play with few faults here and there. My Top 10 all fall here

7- Good, enjoyable, but many ''eh?'' moment

6 - average

5 - bad

Yes, basically. I do feel it's a bit weird to call 5 the bad threshold when it's exactly in the middle, but otherwise, I agree with these.

The advantage of teamwork is that everyone can do a part, decreasing the workload on each individual.

The downside is that if any individual is not doing their best, everyone will suffer because of it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, basically. I do feel it's a bit weird to call 5 the bad threshold when it's exactly in the middle, but otherwise, I agree with these.

well, to be more exact, 5 is more like ''bad, but still has some enjoyable moments that might make it worthwhile''

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

The advantage of teamwork is that everyone can do a part, decreasing the workload on each individual.

The downside is that if any individual is not doing their best, everyone will suffer because of it.

Back in high school I always went out of my way to pair up with the worst students in class. They got to be lazy bums, and I got to do shit my way, at my own pace, without anybody's interference. The deal worked out, everyone was happy, and the teachers weren't dumb, they knew who was the one who actually did anything there.

The problem is that I reached college with no teamwork abilities whatsoever, and when I was made to actually work with a proper team on an actually big-ish project, I kind of flipped out and ended up becoming the lazy bum myself. Then I quit because it was all driving me to depression. Thankfully, I've gotten better at it since. Of course, the fact that I hated what I studied at college did not help at all.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

well, to be more exact, 5 is more like ''bad, but still has some enjoyable moments that might make it worthwhile''

Yeah, that's not a bad deal.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Sounds like school assignment and you've that one I don't care person in the group?

My sympathies, although I think I was lucky and avoided that problem in all my years of schooling.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean maaaaaaybe I should assign the 6/10's description to 5 and fuddle in a new score definition somewhere (maybe a 6 is rebranded as "flawed" and 5 as "deeply flawed"?). But does it take a game being 51% or more of a game being bad to call it bad? Or can you start with the bad-labeling sooner than that because we should expect more than 50% goodness before investing time and or money? 

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

10 - a perfect game. Which none achieved yet, not even my fav. game ever (Sky SC, which is at 9.5). The closest game that came to it is Ys 8, but the ending ruined what i consider perfection

9- Amazing and must play with few faults here and there and nothing i consider game breaking. My Top 10 all fall here

7- Good, enjoyable, but many ''eh?'' moments and a few big faults

6 - average and/or faults that make big parts of the game not enjoyable

5 - bad with some enjoyable moment

Hmm...

My ratings would be something like this:

10 - The closest to perfection.

9 - Masterpiece.

8 - Great, although it has something holding it back.

7 - Good, although it has real flaws.

6 - Good-ish. Nothing spectacular, but it won't hurt.

5 - Can't recommend.

4 -There's few redeeming qualities.

3 - There's nothing of value here.

As long as it makes sense, nothing will ever go below here.

2 - This where it starts getting offensive to the audience.

1 - Offensive and rage-inducing.

0 - Absolute trainwreck.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem is that I reached college with no teamwork abilities whatsoever, and when I was made to actually work with a proper team on an actually big-ish project, I kind of flipped out and ended up becoming the lazy bum myself. Then I quit because it was all driving me to depression. Thankfully, I've gotten better at it since. Of course, the fact that I hated what I studied at college did not help at all.

R-ruben, I think I'm on the way to become you...

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like school assignment and you've that one I don't care person in the group?

My sympathies, although I think I was lucky and avoided that problem in all my years of schooling.

Technically, everyone is like this rn.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

R-ruben, I think I'm on the way to become you...

Why the stutter? Being me isn't that bad. Now all you need to do is find a game to hate to the point of obsession and you'll be set.

NOOOOOO SOOKS YOU ABSOLUTE BUFFOON, ACTUALLY READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO THE MATH, EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM YOU DID ALL THE MATH CORRECTLY BUT THEN GAVE A DIFFERENT MEASUREMENT THEN WHAT IT WAS ASKING FOR BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T READ THE QUESTIONS THOROUGHLY AND AS SUCH GAVE A DIFFERENT MEASUREMENT OR STOPPED HALFWAY AND GAVE WHATEVER NUMBER YOU JUST GOT BECAUSE YOU ASSUMED THAT’S WHAT IT WAS ASKING FOR OR FORGOT WHAT THE END GOAL WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL YOUR MATHING, WHY?? I MEAN, YOU DID ALL OF YOUR MATH CORRECT! THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS!

*ahem* What was happening again? Oh yeah, rating systems? Well, they’re kinda dumb, but I’m not like a few people where they save a 10/10 for a game with zero flaws, because that’s not gonna happen. You might as well make all of your scores out of 9 then, the 10 os just there for decoration. I’d give something a 10  if it succeeds very well at everything it tries to do and doesn’t have any major flaws, because I don’t think it has to be perfect to be a masterpiece, and again, the perfect game will never exist imo. But then again, I don’t really rate the games I play because I don’t really see that much of a point in it. I develop my opinion of the game as I play but I don’t feel the need to thoroughly examine it and score the game with it, I don’t know. And I certainly almost never feel like writing a wall of text about it lulz.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Hah!

That must've been one tasty sandwhich

Sandwiches.txt

Well, unless it’s a tuna sandwich. Or you put tomato on it. Then you have ruined your sandwich.

Good luck^^

Thanks but it didn’t help (although most would consider 85 a good score, and I do, but when you get the questions wrong for stupid reasons…)!

Hmm

ya know what

i have an idea...

I will play it parallel to you

On Nightmare

Well, that was unexpected! I’m gonna start now, if that’s okay. So get your nightmare file ready, if you want to.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, probably would pay off to be responsible.

*insert rant from above*

I feel like it’s more how we rate things, no one gives a game that is consistently average or decent in every category a 5. At least, most people don’t, maybe you do.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I loaded up my Sky Nightmare file at the penultimate battle

Got rekt so fast :'D

I am so rusty haha

then again i pulled the ultimate noob move and group'd eveyone together lol

F.

Oh wait, the penultimate battle? I have some catching up to do!

Edited by Sooks

Oh wait, the penultimate battle? I have some catching up to do!

I have a save file at the enty to the dungeon as well

but i need to set up everyone right (since it was from the community run and i run a pretty unique Estelle setup) and i am in no mood to do that lol

I need a game without RNG after I beat Lonely Mirror. The creator didn't even do anything to the RNG, it's still just classic true hit, but the luck I've had with this hack in particular is astounding. Jesus fucking Christ.

I have a save file at the enty to the dungeon as well

but i need to set up everyone right (since it was from the community run and i run a pretty unique Estelle setup) and i am in no mood to do that lol

RIP

How was Estelle set up, out of curiosity? I haven’t really been able to make good use of her  in the late game.