Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Speaking of not writing updates, I'm considering ditching my custom map for my LP because it's taking forever because the map is really bad and I keep redoing it.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You know how much I love MegaNep VII already despite the reused dungeons. A mainline Neptunia game with the same quality of gameplay, story, characters, and character development PLUS all unique dungeons would be the game to top them all for me, probably.

Here's hoping we get that when they finally release a new mainline game.

IMG_20200615_153517.jpg

Xenoblade 1's original UI feels so fucking alien to me now. No HP bars on the party. Only being able to see one buff and one debuff at a time. Party Gauge is long as shit for no reason. Enemy status bar isn't set at the top.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Also, how does item inheritance work? Do mom's items go to the daughter and the dad's to the son?

Correct, item inheritance is reversed with Briggid's and Ethlyn's children- mom gives to son and dad to daughter. Kids cannot inherit weapons they cannot use at base (barring Caipre and Forseti), so Erinys can't give a Silver Lance to Phee, but she can give a Brave- Peg Knight being only B Lances.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

so i guess a certain outfit combination allows Melia to look like Nia

EaSWXNiWoAAVkWX?format=png&name=small

This is the set used

EaScKsHU4AE88Pp?format=png&name=240x240

Aside from what i showed you prior, this is the closest we get to cross-series outfits.

Thats one fortunate set coincidence. And looking at the wiki, it appears this is new to XCDE. There was no orange-yellow Orion version in the original game.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And looking at the wiki, it appears this is new to XCDE. There was no orange-yellow Orion version in the original game.

Ah yeah, some of the existing armor sets did get new colors. I just wasn't sure which ones. My guess is they did it so that each armor piece could have three different colors.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct, item inheritance is reversed with Briggid's and Ethlyn's children- mom gives to son and dad to daughter. Kids cannot inherit weapons they cannot use at base (barring Caipre and Forseti), so Erinys can't give a Silver Lance to Phee, but she can give a Brave- Peg Knight being only B Lances.

Great! Thank you very much! I suppose I should sell the Brave Axe to someone else, then...

Just now, Armagon said:

Here's hoping we get that when they finally release a new mainline game.

Yes!
This is one of the reasons why I don't mind waiting a while until they announce one. I want the devs to take all the time they need to make a good game instead of crapping out a bad one just for the sake of another mainline Nep game existing.
I also want them to release the Re;Birth games on the Switch as a Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth Collection, please, and thank you!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 1's original UI feels so fucking alien to me now. No HP bars on the party. Only being able to see one buff and one debuff at a time. Party Gauge is long as shit for no reason. Enemy status bar isn't set at the top.

I saw the screenshots posted by Falcom Knight earlier and comparing them to this (which I assume is the original version you're talking about), I can definitely see where the UI improved even without having played the game in either version.

Tfw granduncle loses his keys...

Again...

<.<

*sigh*

Oh well

Thankfully i have replacements

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Get well soon! ^^

Thx^^

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though in the back of my mind, I feared you had dropped it entirely.

Nah, dw. Just general mood + heat + lack of sleep + headaches

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

also want them to release the Re;Birth games on the Switch as a Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth Collection, please, and thank you!

That reminds me, Megadimension is supposed to come out on Switch this summer. No word on when though. 

The Rebirth games being on Switch isn't too farfetched.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

saw the screenshots posted by Falcom Knight earlier and comparing them to this (which I assume is the original version you're talking about), I can definitely see where the UI improved even without having played the game in either version.

Yeah, DE improved on the UI tremendously. And you can toggle off most UI elements if you ever feel the need.

I appreciate the OG for getting me into the series (and I played on 3DS, where most of the UI was moved towards the bottom) but I don't see myself ever going back to the original. DE has sent it to the shadow realm of game made completely obsolete by their remakes.

45 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thx^^

Nah, dw. Just general mood + heat + lack of sleep + headaches

Goodie!
Well, of course it's not good that you feel bad but I'm happy to know that you'll continue it.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That reminds me, Megadimension is supposed to come out on Switch this summer. No word on when though.

Call me crazy, but I'm actually legitimately looking forward to it being on the Switch.
Even though I have it on PS4, as well and can play it whenever I want to.
Even though I already 100%'ed it once.

I should probably calm my jets a bit, shouldn't I?

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Rebirth games being on Switch isn't too farfetched.

I'd love it if that happened. I mean, I have them on the Vita (similar to the MegaNep situation), but being able to play them on my TV would be awesome.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, DE improved on the UI tremendously. And you can toggle off most UI elements if you ever feel the need.

I appreciate the OG for getting me into the series (and I played on 3DS, where most of the UI was moved towards the bottom) but I don't see myself ever going back to the original. DE has sent it to the shadow realm of game made completely obsolete by their remakes.

And that's probably the best thing it could have done.

---

Adorable CG is adorable. And a CG
fkBMqTH.jpg

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

If you think that's impressive, watch this to be blown away

He probably talks about how to do this in his Reyn guide (that i haven't seen). 

Yeah Xenoblade 2 was intended to be more lighthearted but that's mainly just in the first half. Second half is overall more darker and while the story is overall good, the second half is when things go in hard.

Yeah, that pretty much puts me to shame. He really knows alot about inner mechanics, too!

I just think both stories have their charms.

OH

MY

GOD!

That track brings back so many memories. Even if i am bit partial to the new part added in it

I remember it just like Yesterday...

''Sir! you gotta destroy the Allied Navi and Grand Cannons before our Transports can approach''

Soviet Mission 1 in Yuri's revenge.

Let me explain that mission to see why i loved that game so much:

• First, you get your own naval units to take out enemy navi, Aircraft carriers and Artillery defenses.
  • After you do that, your transports land with your invasion force, including the Soviet hero that can call in Airstrikes that one shot buildings, Boris.
  • Then you have to capture the Allied time machine (yes, you heard that right, time machine!)
  • After that, you were suppossed to travel back in time to the first Soviet invasion...however...
  • JURRASIC TIME! You travel back to dinosaur Era instead and you gotta survive dinosaurs until time machine recharges.
  • Then you travel to correct time.
  • Then you destroy enemy's super weapon.

And that's just the first mission ❤️

EA pls RA 2 remaster next. PLEASE!

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Let me explain that mission to see why i loved that game so much:

• First, you get your own naval units to take out enemy navi, Aircraft carriers and Artillery defenses.
  • After you do that, your transports land with your invasion force, including the Sovied hero that can call in Airstrikes that one shot buildings, Boris.
  • Then you have to capture the Allied time machine (yes, you heard that right, time machine!)
  • After that, you were suppossed to travel back in time to the first Soviet invasion...however...
  • JURRASIC TIME! You travel back to dinosaur Era instead and you gotta survive dinosaurs until time machine recharges.
  • Then you travel to correct time.
  • Then you destroy enemy's super weapon.

That sounds awesome, ngl.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That sounds awesome, ngl.

Red Alert 2 is 400% concentrated awesomeness

Superior soviet engineers she says xD

i shill that game too much, i know 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i shill that game too much, i know 

When it comes to shilling favorite games, I most certainly DO NOT have any high ground to stand on, what with me constantly bringing up either Nep or NoA every chance I get. XD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Superior soviet engineers she says xD

Well, they were the first ones in space in the 1950s, don't forget!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, they were the first ones in space in the 1950s, don't forget!

You just reminded me of the moon mission xD

Yes, the game had a mission on the moon lmao

Just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark. Almost A New Hope tier, i think what keeps it from being that is that aside from Indy, the characters aren't as good as A New Hope's and the villains aren't as good either.

In other news, what if the Monado was a Hero's Relic?

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Call me crazy, but I'm actually legitimately looking forward to it being on the Switch.
Even though I have it on PS4, as well and can play it whenever I want to.
Even though I already 100%'ed it once.

I mean, i got the Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack on Switch despite already owning both games on the 3DS so i can totally relate.

I'm gonna wait a bit on Megadimension Switch though, gotta see if it actually runs well (IF titles on Switch don't exactly have the best track record). 

.....if it comes out in July, then i'm fucked because the Friends of Mineral Town remake and Origami King come out that same month. But it's also my birth month so we'll see.

54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now i am reminded of something in Red Alert 3...

You don't go to the moon there, but...

I think I saw this used in a meme somewhere. XD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i got the Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack on Switch despite already owning both games on the 3DS so i can totally relate.

I'm gonna wait a bit on Megadimension Switch though, gotta see if it actually runs well (IF titles on Switch don't exactly have the best track record). 

.....if it comes out in July, then i'm fucked because the Friends of Mineral Town remake and Origami King come out that same month. But it's also my birth month so we'll see.

Fairy Fencer had some issues, yes, but everything else I've played from them (Super Neptunia RPG, and Mary Skelter, namely) worked totally fine.

As for its release, I won't have any problems, because nothing else is coming out that I'm especially looking forward to.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fairy Fencer had some issues, yes, but everything else I've played from them (Super Neptunia RPG, and Mary Skelter, namely) worked totally fine.

Super Neptunia RPG does have some preformance issues here and there but it doesn't seem to be the Switch's fault in that specific case.

Wasn't aware you played Mary Skelter on Switch, i thought you were playing the PS4 version this whole time.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wasn't aware you played Mary Skelter on Switch, i thought you were playing the PS4 version this whole time.

I initially wanted to play that version, but then I found out the hard way that the PS4 version didn't release in Europe. I think it's Japan-exclusive, actually.
Then I went with the Switch version and I was pretty happy about that. I love playing stuff on a handheld.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Super Neptunia RPG does have some preformance issues here and there but it doesn't seem to be the Switch's fault in that specific case.

Now that you mention it, there was some slowdown during particularly busy battles.

Edited by DragonFlames