Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

when you realize that the teehee thread has started to become the music discussion thread.

210961.gif

not that I mind. it's just interesting. in fact, I could talk about music for hours at a time and not get bored doing it.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Benice: Recommended bands in that direction: Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, and Immortal to a lesser extent (look for recommendations on the "What are you listening to right now" thread).

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

Bruh.

You pick up some things when you talk to your grandpa about an opera you saw.

---
51Rf6le.jpg

Bouncy, bouncy 2.0 Teehee

---

Also, the Last to Post Wins thread is steadily losing pages, it seems. It went down to 7558 now...

Edited by DragonFlames

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I was finally convinced of that by that one scene when the gang got dropped, and Poppi has her "if artificial things did bad stuff, then maybe I will, too" moment with Mythra (which endeared me a lot more to Mythra, too), along with her talk with Mr. you got some FF in my XB.

I was honestly impressed at how human she felt by the end. Poppi being as good as she was was genuianly a surprise. 

I also really liked how her voice noticably becomes more lively after getting the QT upgrade. It's a neat touch.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Does anyone else just have days where they feel like elitist scumbags?

I'm a Star Wars fan, i'll let you figure out the rest.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I just very rarely, if ever, remember every piece, artist, and/or name of the piece. To me, it's all just beautiful music.

That's how i am with music as well i think.  Sometimes i'll listen to a song from a certain artist or band but i'll be less focused on where it came from and more of what it is. I can like just one song from a band or artist without feeling the need to check out the rest of their works. Maybe that can seem a little disrespectful to the creator but that's just how i am.

I think part of it is because it was used in something else and that's how i came to like it. For example, i like Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra, not because i listen to their works, but because it was used in Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 and i liked it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I was honestly impressed at how human she felt by the end. Poppi being as good as she was was genuianly a surprise.

A-yup.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's how i am with music as well i think.  Sometimes i'll listen to a song from a certain artist or band but i'll be less focused on where it came from and more of what it is. I can like just one song from a band or artist without feeling the need to check out the rest of their works. Maybe that can seem a little disrespectful to the creator but that's just how i am.

I think it's a legitimate approach, for what it's worth.

That's quite okay. I'm a little more forgiving in that regard than I was several years back, though.

I guess this could be a generational thing, or a predispositional thing: you'd have the chutzpah to remember the littlest detail with something you're definitely into (i.e, in my case: metal music; in @DragonFlames' case: JRPGs, for instance), and that quality sticks for that interest alone, you're not as observant of the littlest facts outside your interest.

Teehee

Edited by Karimlan
adding the obligatory Teehee

4 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

That's quite okay. I'm a little more forgiving in that regard than I was several years back, though.

I guess this could be a generational thing, or a predispositional thing: you'd have the chutzpah to remember the littlest detail with something you're definitely into (i.e, in my case: metal music; in @DragonFlames' case: JRPGs, for instance), and that quality sticks for that interest alone, you're not as observant of the littlest facts outside your interest.

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty accurate. For me, at the very least.
I tend to quickly forget "unnecessary" details about things that don't particularly catch my interest, while I tend to remember the most insignificant details about things (JRPGs in particular) I really did like.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What happened to the other thread?

It's slowly self-destructing, that's what.
Seriously, the page number is going down. How even?!?

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Mekkah has siezed control of the forums and implemented a negative growths patch to demonstrate that Bases>Growths.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Mekkah has siezed control of the forums and implemented a negative growths patch to demonstrate that Bases>Growths.

Mekkah really is the ultimate evil Dutchman, isn't he?

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

I think there's also a lot of variation even with in you're own interests. You can be into two things but know the facts about one way more than the other. I could tell you who directed the Xeno games (this is cheating, it's been the same guy for all but one) and who composed the music for those games but if you were to ask me who directed the Fire Emblem games post-Kaga and who composed the Fire Emblem music, i could not anwser that.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What happened to the other thread?

Thread went

tenor.gif?itemid=14019029

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The OP of that thread actually had a master plan this whole time. Eventually, the thread will delete all posts except him and he'll be the true winning. He's been playing the long game for over a decade, the madman.

Spoiled myself on CyberNep's soundtrack and...

HOLY F***

And this game is supposedly bad, why again?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The OP of that thread actually had a master plan this whole time. Eventually, the thread will delete all posts except him and he'll be the true winning. He's been playing the long game for over a decade, the madman.

RelievedDefenselessHornshark-small.gif

That makes waaaay too much sense!

Edited by DragonFlames

It finally went nova.

It's loosing mass to become a white dwarf.

Now hope it doesn't collapse into a black hole.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It finally went nova.

It can't become a black hole if it's only big enough to go nova.
Now, if it went supernova, or worse, hypernova, then we'd have a real problem.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

>Enemy of Game Buisness

Bruhhhh i can't believe EA was the real villain this whole time

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

RelievedDefenselessHornshark-small.gif

If i was old enough, i'd be taking a shot every time you posted this gif.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It finally went nova.

Born to late to explore the world. Born too early to explore the stars. Born just in time to see The Last to Post Wins thread collapse on itself.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It can't become a black hole if it's only big enough to go nova.
Now, if it went supernova, or worse, hypernova, then we'd have a real problem.

Oh, there's more than one "Going Nova" classification? Didn't knew that.

Just used nova as a short for supernova.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

ah yes, that track is great

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And this game is supposedly bad, why again?

mostly because it's a buggy broken mess.

Atleast on PC.

Alot of the Bosses weren't that good, either.

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

After this, EA has given up their villan role for a while.

EA redemption arc starting, let's hope they don'T fuck that up

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Enemy of Game Buisness

LMAO
XD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If i was old enough, i'd be taking a shot every time you posted this gif.

Even if you were old enough, I'd advise against it. I don't want you to die.
And I'll hold back on it from now on. Apologies.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Born to late to explore the world. Born too early to explore the stars. Born just in time to see The Last to Post Wins thread collapse on itself.

Move over, Aristotle. This is true philosophy right here.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, there's more than one "Going Nova" classification? Didn't knew that.

Yup, there are at least two classifications for stars going poof, a supernova and a hypernova (fairly certain there's a regular nova, too).

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

mostly because it's a buggy broken mess.

Atleast on PC.

PS4 version seems okay so far.
Fingers crossed it'll stay that way.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Alot of the Bosses weren't that good, either.

I found most of the bosses so far pretty enjoyable, actually.
Sure, none of them comes close to the ones in Nights of Azure so far, but I had fun fighting them.

Oh right. I started DQIV yesterday thanks to a friend picking up a gift card so I could play the mobile version, which is nice.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Oh right. I started DQIV yesterday thanks to a friend picking up a gift card so I could play the mobile version, which is nice.

Have fun!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

^^

I think they got repititive for me after a while. 

Then again when it comes to Action games i am used to the likes of Ys and games from Platinum games, which are pretty much top tier 

I see. I understand where you're coming from, since the best strategy is to spam Int-based attacks (like Nepgear's magic) until they're broken, them just go ham on them. It does take a lot of MP restoration items to do this, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

That opening though.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sure, none of them comes close to the ones in Nights of Azure so far, but I had fun fighting them.

^^

I think they got repititive for me after a while. 

Then again when it comes to Action games i am used to the likes of Ys and games from Platinum games, which are pretty much top tier