• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Yeah i agree. Huge range ain't everything, and how Bows interact with everything gameplay wise in Fates it's just 10/10 design.

Yes, all of the yes. Fates is so well made, it's ridiculous.

I mean, you can give her the Magic Arrows or Esteban's Bow. That's what i did Ü

I mean, yeah.

Or, y'know, mithril arrows. Then she one-shots everything that isn't wearing armor.

Full Magic Hight Mt bow in Berwick would be amazing however yes.

Yeah from what i played so far i agree. Rev might have some boring maps, but didn't make me go zzz like BR did.

And the gimmicks ain't that bad so far. Nothing annoyed me so far as much as a regular desert FE lvl even. Although 8 chapters still to go, so....

Yeah, there's still time. Though, personally, nothing in Rev reached the level of bullshit that was BR chapter 27. Ryoma really must be obscenely broken, because Ryomaless that map was straight up impossible. Had to devise a strat to just barely 1-turn it. Too many enemies, too powerful and no terrain or obstacles to outmaneuver them. That, after a full game of pretty middling difficulty. Well, except Camilla. Camilla was the most memorable map in the game. I'm so happy for her.

And he even gets extra crit from it thanks to his personal!

Odin's personal. It's funny. I always try to forge him a tome when I'm still using him.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, you're playing Shadow Dragon, which has them too, and you claim to be enjoying it, so...

Tell me New Mystery has this same level of ambush spawns. (Ambush spawns are more excusable in this game than say, Awakening, because this game gives you save points.)

Unless I’m missing something anyway, I haven’t actually used them because you know.

Slightly better than FE1, still a game that has aged pretty badly.

I mean, I was able to enjoy fe1, enough to the point where I finished the game and liked it more than Awakening and Echoes.

Like Shrimpy said, there's mercenary. It's unbelievable, I know, but it has zero fanservice holes on its outfit.

Now all the class needs is someone who starts in it that isn’t meh.

Falco is actually worse for Caeda. Draco fixes her bulk and strength issues. She has zero need for swords and more speed. Oh well.

Eh, I have a save state.

Would falco be better on anyone then?

They do with a master seal. Elysian whips unlock falcoknight. In vanilla they were only available in the Online Shop, but since that cannot be accessed anymore, the full content patch added one to the campaign.

I'm assuming you didn't realize you could promote Caeda with the master seal.

Actually I did, but I didn’t realize Elysian Whip unlocked a new class, I assumed it was like fe7 or something where you have a bunch of different promotion items for specific classes and one that can be used on everyone when I got an Elysian Whip and then a Master Seal.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Saint Rubenio @Armagon @Sooks @Shrimp γ @DodgeDusk

Seeing all this Fates talk reminds me of that linked challenge we were planning a couple months ago.... do we want to try getting that started some time soon?

I’d love to whenever everyone is ready.

16 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

qq1eOQw.png

ELDRITCH SMACKDOWN!

Tfw Rev is actually making me consider training Odin next Conquest run

By which you mean, giving him a couple levels and watching them all suck before sending him to the bench.

16 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I would be up for it, however i would like to do BR instead of Rev then considering i am doing Rev atm xD

I think that would mean switching with… @Eltosian Kadath? If I remember who was gonna play what correctly.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I really wanna see the Conquest gameplay crew and Kaga design a game together sometime. It will be the biggest galaxy brain game ever i tell ya kek.

The Three Houses fan in me has to add “with the Three Houses writers”. I’m sorry, not saying that wasn’t an option, I’m too far gone.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

And the gimmicks ain't that bad so far. Nothing annoyed me so far as much as a regular desert FE lvl even. Although 8 chapters still to go, so....

Even more 🍿.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think that would mean switching with… @Eltosian Kadath? If I remember who was gonna play what correctly

I might switch with @Saint Rubenio and switch groups then. Maybe.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even more 🍿.

The warp chapter was ok, and the bridge chapter (which i am doing atm) is legit fun.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

The warp chapter was ok

I actually don’t remember a warp chapter.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

the bridge chapter (which i am doing atm) is legit fun.

The ones that move? I think I hated that one. Although I also played without a balance patch, does that do anything about the “stat inflation”?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

By which you mean, giving him a couple levels and watching them all suck before sending him to the bench.

Classic.

Although i did once have a really good Odin. If you give him Tonics early on and feed him Mozu and he get's good lvlups there he might be MVP

I actually don’t remember a warp chapter

chapter 19

does that do anything about the “stat inflation”?

Nope, doesn't do anything with enemy stats.

Edited by Shrimp γ

Well, generally every fe game I have a set in stone opinion about I either played twice or was very memorable. Revelation is neither. I just remember finding the Valla stretch of the game very dull because I thought the maps were bad and none of the gimmicks were fun.

I actually cleared Hinoka. And accidentally caught an extra Falconknight. Whoops, be free Mikasa.

Nobu kicked a ton of fliers down (And made life at the end easier by critting Hinoka), Reinhard finally got Trample (and Kumagera Counter), Haitaka got Lancefaire and is near complete, Yamato sadly did not reach Replicate yet so he's not getting reclassed yet, neither did Rallyman 0.5 (Hiroyuki get Rally Move and Saya and Chiaki are a fair bit behind and should probably be seeing more combat (Ludwig on the other hand got 4 levels I think? Or near enough for being so far behind that he feels underutilised). Nobu's proven a great asset already and I could see him being useful for Ryoma's map as well.

Guess I'm stuck with what I've got for Ryoma alongside whatever I convert.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, you didnt specify, so...

Truth be told, I didn’t even know casual had battle saves until you mentioned Awakening having them. The more you know.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Truth be told, I didn’t even know casual had battle saves until you mentioned Awakening having them. The more you know.

RD also had battles saves on any not hard mode.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For myself, this has been entirely indistinct from a standard cold for me.

This is how it is for most people. A friend of mine also believes he may have had Covid back when it all started but because it was indistinguishable from a common cold, he wasn't really sure.

Still tho, take care.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Saint Rubenio @Armagon @Sooks @Shrimp γ @DodgeDusk

Seeing all this Fates talk reminds me of that linked challenge we were planning a couple months ago.... do we want to try getting that started some time soon?

God, i've just been so busy lately. Between college, work and games i'm currently playing.

37 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

MabxeLR.png

I may hate RNG skills with all my being, but moments like these have to bring a smile to my face.

Vantage/Astra/50+Crit is truely a dangerous combo.

Awakening and Fates really had the best crit cut-ins.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Awakening and Fates really had the best crit cut-ins.

Yeah, now if only they had the special animations RD had for "mastery" skills instead of their generic attack animations, it'd be perfect! 

But I agree, they are pretty awesome!

Edited by lightcosmo

Ugh, desert map. Well, I got it over with.

I have to say, I really like the music that plays whenever Gharnef is on screen. It’s unsettling.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Zoinks, what a long day.

Is everything okay?

Just now, Benice said:

Eh, just some tiredness and loneliness, nothing too bad.

Well, I still hope everything gets better! I can listen if you need it, or whatever you need that a random person on the internet could do.