Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You're playing an FE7 mod that simply adds in bosses to the playable roster?

Yep. There's seven groups of bosses, and from each you can recruit one. It's what's got me to finally replay FE7 after all these years. Go figure.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep. There's seven groups of bosses, and from each you can recruit one. It's what's got me to finally replay FE7 after all these years. Go figure.

Not that it's my place to say, but adding them in yourself isn't that difficult...

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not that it's my place to say, but adding them in yourself isn't that difficult...

Well, no, but it's not something that was on my mind. I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to do it myself.

Ayyyy, Hector! So good to see you! You're going to stay at level 1 so I get Wallace!

17 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh hey, secret Eagler recruitment.

Very secret. You unlock it by heading over to FEUniverse and downloading the mod.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

i haven't really been using cheats at all in this game, minus a gold multiplier because money accumulation still sucks.

Nice to see things have been working out better so far.

As for funds, I never felt they were a problem in either EF for me. I do have a rule in JRPGs that I don't upgrade equipment unless the stat increases are >= a certain value, and I wasn't the most item-spammy in either EF. I used Luck in every boss fight, and and I tried to finish off random encounters with an Assist or Support Attack, whichever adds +30% to gold. 

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6302.png

Best girl has arrived.

Suzuka is good, true. Like everyone else in among the EF heroes. She has her vivacity, her allure, combined with the above occasional rudeness, yet also elegance.

Her VA I saw comments online say has performed songs before. So the addition of hints of vocals to Exceed's version of Dance-Battle-All-Night was natural for her.

And on the matter of VAs, fun fact- Haken's is one of Link's older seiyuus (the Hero of Hyrule has gone through 8 of them apparently). To be precise, the VA of OoT Adult Link, Fierce Deity Link, and SSB 64 & Melee, and Soulcalibur II.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6317.png

And after a quick fight, Koma joins our party.

Between Koma, Katze, Anne, and Dorothy, you've now four Assist Characters who are at least part-time merchants. What is about the Endless Frontier that makes its profiteers so brilliant at violence? And all well before FE's capitalist-turned-combatant ever left the secret shop gig.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, maybe not level 1. Wire is impossible with just Matthew, and I don't want to recruit him. But he shouldn't reach level 9, now that I've got Eliwood's team on board.

Also, Zagan is so much better than Bartre and Dorcas, it's not even funny.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Knowing your record... that poor Eevee...

I put the "all" in funeral.

15 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Awful movepool and stat spread. You'll need to get the Flamethrower TM in the Game Corner if you want to stand a chance.

Oh.

Oops.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, who was the Josette fanboy here again...?

The best girl!

She'd also be the best boy if she were one.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In fact, you can hold off on doing most of the Kanto GYM's when you first reach them. So don't feel like you need to fight them right away, Benice.

Huh, that's good to know.

Heckin' IBS...

'Morning, all!

https://images2.imgbox.com/01/46/96R1JDqr_o.png

Eligood's off to a good start. That's my Eligood.

You know who has really popped off, though?

https://images2.imgbox.com/9c/5c/S5ibA1p9_o.png

Serra. Look at that speed. She shows no signs of slowing down, either. I cannot wait to give her a tome. It's going to be glorious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

The best girl!

She'd also be the best boy if she were one.

Haha, I see.

Thinking about it, I guess Trails simply is doing the inverse of your typical game. If you give names to the generic NPCs, suddenly going back to something generic like "Girl in Uniform" means that will stand out just like an NPC having a name among a nameless crowd.

Spoiler

Guess it's the same for that miner, but his dialogue alone gave himself away on that already, heh.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/01/46/96R1JDqr_o.png

Eligood's off to a good start. That's my Eligood.

My last Eliwood managed to get 1 Skl all the way up to level 8 Knight Lord... He is always a shit unit. Glad you have good luck with him, though!

Gaaaahaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaa

I died to a 12%.

I knew it was too good to be true when Eligood dodged that 75... Fucking Matthew.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My last Eliwood managed to get 1 Skl all the way up to level 8 Knight Lord...

I mean, skill is damn near useless, so...

He is always a shit unit.

Eh. Better than Hector and his five-chapters-from-the-end promotion that doesn't even give him movement.

Glad you have good luck with him, though!

I've always liked Eligood.

I have to say, I really like this Seath fellow.
I mean, he's basically a blind dragon-archmage-scholar/mad scientist aristocrat who has the lower half of a squid for some reason.

I wonder how this guy manages to fly around without hitting any walls. Guess he is also a bat.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I have to say, I really like this Seath fellow.
I mean, he's basically a blind dragon-archmage-scholar/mad scientist aristocrat who has the lower half of a squid for some reason.

I wonder how this guy manages to fly around without hitting any walls. Guess he is also a bat.

He also has a half-dragon, half-god daughter!

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you give names to the generic NPCs, suddenly going back to something generic like "Girl in Uniform" means that will stand out just like an NPC having a name among a nameless crowd.

I do like the naming of everyone to an extent, though it can make it hard to remember who's who.

1490424722_Lexunjoin.png.8521fcb712a62c1f82cc447acd10d3e1.png

... Game, can you stop preventing me from using him, please? At least my favoritism allows him to keep up (and Galeforce)

That aside, last chapter was pretty hard (at least for my skill level), but quite rewarding and fun to play. Got Ricky, whom I plan to use quite a bit. Dexithea may have to take a bit of a backseat for it though. I'll probably still try to shuffle a few members around to prevent stamina from stabbing me in the back. The fieldable amount of characters is way too low for the amount I wish to use. This is starting to get cruel. 

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

1490424722_Lexunjoin.png.8521fcb712a62c1f82cc447acd10d3e1.png

... Game, can you stop preventing me from using him, please? At least my favoritism allows him to keep up (and Galeforce)

Fatigue do be like that.

Kirin in the bench? Oof...

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

That aside, last chapter was pretty hard (at least for my skill level), but quite rewarding and fun to play. Got Ricky, whom I plan to use quite a bit. Dexithea may have to take a bit of a backseat for it though. I'll probably still try to shuffle a few members around to prevent stamina from stabbing me in the back. The fieldable amount of characters is way too low for the amount I wish to use. This is starting to get cruel. 

Romhacks in a nutshell.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fatigue do be like that.

Kirin in the bench? Oof...

........ oh. I didn,t realize that was why. I thought he was restricted for story reasons I didn't understand. Alright, I'll let him recuperate then XD

Yeah, her Amaterasu is extremely helpful, but I've got like a million people capable of healing and too many characters I want to field. She's really on the limit though, so I'll probably field her here and there. Until I get more recruits I wanna field. The ones I'm pretty convinced will be benched forever are like... Relina, whom I haven't been able to level consistently enough and, despite her good support efficiency, will be way too frail to do much of anything. I'm doing my best to use Charles, but he's straggling along atm (doesn't help that a priest put him asleep last chapter and I forgot restore has range). Evan is just way too amazing a unit to leave aside and Janet is a wonderful concept for a class. 

6 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

........ oh. I didn,t realize that was why. I thought he was restricted for story reasons I didn't understand. Alright, I'll let him recuperate then XD

At the bottom of the weapon rank screen, you can see three numbers. Ftg is the total fatigue of the unit at the present time and Dur is how much fatigue they can accumulate before they have to sit a map out (unlike in Thracia where it depends on HP, this is a set number for each unit).

Yeah, her Amaterasu is extremely helpful, but I've got like a million people capable of healing and too many characters I want to field. She's really on the limit though, so I'll probably field her here and there. Until I get more recruits I wanna field.

For a long time I thought Kirin was one of the most boring and unremarkable units in the game. I still think that, but in my SGW LP I gave her a level.

She got move. Then I fielded her on the next chapter. She got another move level. Two in a row. Then she got another two move levels later on in the run.

It was... an experience. I've had a soft spot for her since.

The ones I'm pretty convinced will be benched forever are like... Relina, whom I haven't been able to level consistently enough and, despite her good support efficiency, will be way too frail to do much of anything. I'm doing my best to use Charles, but he's straggling along atm (doesn't help that a priest put him asleep last chapter and I forgot restore has range). Evan is just way too amazing a unit to leave aside and Janet is a wonderful concept for a class. 

Relina relies on her buffing skills. She's not a good combat unit, but she's an excellent support character.

Charles is pretty generic. Just a regular ass flier. People say he's amazing because flier, but I've never liked him much.

Evan is amazing, but in a fun way, so I make an exception and use him despite his amazingness.

Janet is Janet. She's pretty hilarious.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At the bottom of the weapon rank screen, you can see three numbers. Ftg is the total fatigue of the unit at the present time and Dur is how much fatigue they can accumulate before they have to sit a map out (unlike in Thracia where it depends on HP, this is a set number for each unit).

Haha, I've read the instructions but didn't bother with it too much, thinking "I'll know once it takes effect". Turns out I DIDN'T know XP

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For a long time I thought Kirin was one of the most boring and unremarkable units in the game. I still think that, but in my SGW LP I gave her a level.

She got move. Then I fielded her on the next chapter. She got another move level. Two in a row. Then she got another two move levels later on in the run.

It was... an experience. I've had a soft spot for her since.

Damn. I knew you could get move level ups, but I didn't think someone could get that many XD That's pretty impressive. And the staff requirements can be a bother, she definitely has uses with that alone.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Relina relies on her buffing skills. She's not a good combat unit, but she's an excellent support character.

Charles is pretty generic. Just a regular ass flier. People say he's amazing because flier, but I've never liked him much.

Evan is amazing, but in a fun way, so I make an exception and use him despite his amazingness.

Janet is Janet. She's pretty hilarious.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with those. I wanted to use Charles mainly because flier and lances (I don't have a lot of peeps who can reliably use lances in my main team) but he doesn,t particularly shine. He'll probably be one of the first to be dumped once I get more reliable spear users. I'm a bit eh on Astrea though. Apart from the supply, I can rarely see her getting consistent usefulness, while all my other characters are pretty good in most situations. Sadly, Artemis also takes the bench cause I already have Evan and I thought she came at lvl 10 so I let her sit around during her entire joining chapter. Oof.

Finally got around to getting some Vandal Hearts 2 playtime in. I probably won't play too much, but I'd like to get the final recruit today, which is two maps from here. That dickhead arrives far too late...

18 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

I'm a bit eh on Astrea though. Apart from the supply, I can rarely see her getting consistent usefulness, while all my other characters are pretty good in most situations.

Astrea's niche is that she's the best user of magic swords. After a few chapters I tend to just have her entire inventory be magic swords and an iron sword for mages and the like. She kicks ass with the fire sword.

My hair has finally grown long enough for me to sport a wolf tail.

Now I finally look like Qui Gon Jinn.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/9c/5c/S5ibA1p9_o.png

Serra. Look at that speed. She shows no signs of slowing down, either. I cannot wait to give her a tome. It's going to be glorious.

Unrelated but do you ever wonder why they went with Serra instead of Sarah?