Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Unrelated but do you ever wonder why they went with Serra instead of Sarah?

Because Thracia already took it?

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Unrelated but do you ever wonder why they went with Serra instead of Sarah?

You don't try to make sense of the FE7 localization. It is a fruitless endeavor.

...I will say, though, I prefer this change to having yet another name that is reused in the series. Modern FE does that often enough, even though it's incredibly simple to avoid.

I mean, heck, with Harold they didn't even have to avoid it. They deliberately chose to change his name to Arthur, which not only has nothing to do with his original name, it had also been already used. Twice, if you count Artur. How did that happen?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because Thracia already took it?

Ah...I didn't know that. That makes sense.

It's has to be confusing when it comes to pronouncing the names. Sarah might be "Sa-ruh" and Serra be the more modern "Seh-ra"

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You don't try to make sense of the FE7 localization. It is a fruitless endeavor.

...I will say, though, I prefer this change to having yet another name that is reused in the series. Modern FE does that often enough, even though it's incredibly simple to avoid.

I mean, heck, with Harold they didn't even have to avoid it. They deliberately chose to change his name to Arthur, which not only has nothing to do with his original name, it had also been already used. Twice, if you count Artur. How did that happen?

In all fairness, when you have a franchise with over 600 characters, you're bound to have some repeating names.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

In all fairness, when you have a franchise with over 600 characters, you're bound to have some repeating names.

Still. In the old days they did things like Artur and Arthur, or the one we're discussing, Sarah and Serra. Nothing easier than calling new Lorenz Lawrence. Or heck, Spanify it like the second Robert, call him Lorenzo. There's no need to reuse the name...

And I'm still waiting for an explanation for the Harold/Arthur issue.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yet still no John yet... smh...

Hey, there's a Jonathan in Berwick Saga, which as we know totally counts as FE.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still. In the old days they did things like Artur and Arthur, or the one we're discussing, Sarah and Serra. Nothing easier than calling new Lorenz Lawrence. Or heck, Spanify it like the second Robert, call him Lorenzo. There's no need to reuse the name...

And I'm still waiting for an explanation for the Harold/Arthur issue.

Hey, there's a Jonathan in Berwick Saga, which as we know totally counts as FE.

Maybe the explanation with Arthur is that they wanted to have a "King Arthur" reference in the European inspired kingdom.

Though I agree with you, I would've preferred Harold Bluetooth.

30 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

My hair has finally grown long enough for me to sport a wolf tail.

Now I finally look like Qui Gon Jinn.

Nice.

Last year for french, we read a book I really, really disliked called La Route de Chlifa, featuring lots of filler, an author fixated on breats and a main character I didn't like at all. It was ratd 3.2/5 on Goodreads, which is admittedly not the best soure for ratings.

...The play we're gonna read next, Zone, is rated 3.1/5. I am terribly afraid.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Last year for french, we read a book I really, really disliked called La Route de Chlifa, featuring lots of filler, an author fixated on breats and a main character I didn't like at all. It was ratd 3.2/5 on Goodreads, which is admittedly not the best soure for ratings.

OOF

Hang in there

Hmm, what to make of seeing Legends Arceus actually play.

Apparently they're saying this is not final gameplay footage, which sounds a bit out there this close to release. Even if it's older footage as one commenter posited, that's a weird choice now to still be using the that version and keep the game looking like this if the have it better already. The Agile and Strong moves idea doesn't look like it's very deep either to be honest. Overall, not looking too standout now and I doubt there'll be a demo out before release to give me a direct feel to possibly reconsider (For reference, NEO TWEWY was a day 1 purchase with the demo being a big part of it)

Also, catching even when you don't put a pokemon out to fight gives experience. Guess that's not something this group of devs took issue with.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm excited for it! I mean, I havent read anything sides' what you linked to me, so what do i know?

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/01/hyperdimension-neptunia-sisters-vs-sisters-details-battle-system-chirper-and-heartful-photo-mode

aqo7i3xn2ib81.png

More news and pics including gameplay vids

Honestly the most i am worried about is the gameplay, since Nep never did action good before imo.

Otherwise this is probably the mosti 've ever been excited for a Nep spin off

You know, I do gotta respect how much they're trying to salvage the unsalvageable. 

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Suzuka is good, true. Like everyone else in among the EF heroes. She has her vivacity, her allure, combined with the above occasional rudeness, yet also elegance.

She's also just really good in gameplay. Is the fastest out of the whole roster and is able to give the entire party EXP buffs.

.....and has a Stand.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

kdlht7gmsgb81.png

Nep'ers

Sister vs. Sisters actually lookin good?

Who she?

14 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Honestly the most i am worried about is the gameplay, since Nep never did action good before imo

It's cause previous action Neps were more musou in style. But like, the very bland kind.

This one seems more like proper action.

Goddamn, I had to sacrifice all but four of my units just to kill Kotaro in Fates Conquest.

I need to seriously step up my Fire Emblem game. Birthrights and Awakening have been babysitting me for too long.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Nice.

👍

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Who she?

Anri, from the PC continent. Going by the green apple she eatin and the whole Apple symbolism, she represents Apple, most likely lol

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This one seems more like proper action.

There seem to be like some turn based elements as well...

videos don't really show it well hmmm

I will have to wait for some reviews

Inb4 reverse Kuro

Edited by Shrimpresident

@Armagon This showed up right under the tweet of the remake you linked.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Goddamn, I had to sacrifice all but four of my units just to kill Kotaro in Fates Conquest.

I need to seriously step up my Fire Emblem game. Birthrights and Awakening have been babysitting me for too long.

What's your difficulty and permadeath status?

Curious to see what you still have to work with, considering Conquest be Conquest.

58 minutes ago, Benice said:

Lol, I remember our Litterature classes in college, which had us read plays about people whining over their mediocre life for ages. Or the one we needed to overanalyze the shit out of. I wish you the best. 

Oh god... it's French-Canadian... Respect and condolences.

Edited by Lorneus

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:
What's your difficulty and permadeath status?

Curious to see what you still have to work with, considering Conquest be Conquest.

Normal Casual.

So basically I just suck

I mean, it might have something to do with me using my weaker units over stronger units in chapters since I'm obsessed with not leaving anybody behind.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I mean, it might have something to do with me using my weaker units over stronger units in chapters since I'm obsessed with not leaving anybody behind.

At some stage you can't really use everyone, in my first playthrough (same difficulty) some units had to be benched well before the end.

I'd say who and why but that save file's gone for years.

What levels are everyone at generally?

53 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Apparently they're saying this is not final gameplay footage, which sounds a bit out there this close to release. Even if it's older footage as one commenter posited, that's a weird choice now to still be using the that version and keep the game looking like this if the have it better already. The Agile and Strong moves idea doesn't look like it's very deep either to be honest. Overall, not looking too standout now and I doubt there'll be a demo out before release to give me a direct feel to possibly reconsider (For reference, NEO TWEWY was a day 1 purchase with the demo being a big part of it)

Also, catching even when you don't put a pokemon out to fight gives experience. Guess that's not something this group of devs took issue with.

I can imagine it'll be "nice concept, nice break from the mainline format whilst still being an RPG", but technically deficient. Such failures of graphics, animations, and processing are going to be a serious turnoff for some particularly with a franchise as small and impoverished as Pokemon.

This said, I can expect the game won't bomb. It's Pokemon after all. And, among the critical Pokefans -excluding the unwashed masses- some are still bound to buy it anyhow, likely some of them being those who praise experimentation and ambition, and are more willing to tolerate execution errors.

That, and while I've parted ways with Pokemon, I am interested in Rune Factory 5. The game whose comment sections I was reminded earlier today, are never complete without criticisms of the frame rate. Sometimes couched in language suggesting the reason Marvelous has wasted time that could've been spent doing so adding s/s marriage, which is ridiculous. Some lag isn't going to bother me that much, though obviously I would prefer for the game to be without it.

It reminds me of what I've seen on forums for the Civilization franchise, the amount of bashing the developers for the AI's complete incompetency in recent games is extreme. The points aren't without justification, I've seen the AI's stupidity in practice. But, some polemicists seem like they would rather have Pong be the only video game to exist if it was the only game whose CPU could graduate college, than have there be any other video games at all.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's also just really good in gameplay. Is the fastest out of the whole roster and is able to give the entire party EXP buffs.

.....and has a Stand.

Nothing wrong with liking characters for silly reasons. It doesn't have to be deep after all, you're a Mia fan. It's only a crime if you like a character for erotic reasons and publicly admit to it.😛

58 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This looks like the Pokémon game I've dreamed for years...

... so why am I not excited... ?

46 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Honestly the most i am worried about is the gameplay, since Nep never did action good before imo.

Well, hopefully they learn from their past mistakes. Key word: hopefully.

Edited by lightcosmo