• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It's actually possible, you know.

Eh probably, but I don't feel like going through the headache of figuring out how to link emulators just to promote Kadabra. Not that she needs it either, Sierra is insanely powerful.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

their leader Magno,

RIP Maxie

218.png

Encountering such a magnificent wonder of nature, I knew I simply had to make room in my team for it. Beauty like this deserves to be known across the world. I need such a wondrous visage to not only obtain victory, but obtain it in style.

Inspired by Eltoshan's?

You should see it's evolution. It'll fit more imo when it has armour.

https://images2.imgbox.com/8a/bb/HgIh52pn_o.png

I simply could not resist. If only I could find a shiny one...

And yeah, that shiny would have been great for it.

#slugma from Pokemon Name Resource

The evolution.... changes to purple. Which I think could work for Nohr, but is a downgrade for Garon.

16 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alas you are right. What can I say, most of the big "Games Journalism" sources are similar enough to blur together for me.

Can hardly blame you.

16 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLWjn6pCBsClMIImTIbAIGS1_QBxJetZgqqp

I just can not parse if I am being complicated or insulted with this woman.

She's negging you?

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maximo Peñas.

I should not be tittering at this.

Alas, I am a child.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh probably, but I don't feel like going through the headache of figuring out how to link emulators just to promote Kadabra. Not that she needs it either, Sierra is insanely powerful.

You can open it twice, have both load the same game, the same save file... you can literally trade with yourself that way.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thus arrived the time to give it a name. The perfect moniker immediately came to my mind, as a fragile pink petal gently landing on the ground upon falling from the sakura tree.

https://images2.imgbox.com/8a/bb/HgIh52pn_o.png

I simply could not resist. If only I could find a shiny one...

A perfect name for a Slugma

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't even know that was a thing. Neither did my friend, until he messaged another friend about my return to Pokemon and he let us know.

Shedinja is such an odd duck, I have no idea if you would ever use one if you had it. Simultaneous terrible and amazingly broken at the same time, as it only ever has 1 HP, but can only be hurt super effective moves...

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Inspired by Eltoshan's?

I've got to admit, I haven't been following his run that closely. I remember laughing at Slugma's name, but I didn't know he had been using one.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And yeah, that shiny would have been great for it.

#slugma from Pokemon Name Resource

The evolution.... changes to purple. Which I think could work for Nohr, but is a downgrade for Garon.

O O F

I should not be tittering at this.

Alas, I am a child.

Don't feel too bad about it. You're not the guy who came up to a being that looked ever-so-slighly gooey and immediately went "Garon."

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can open it twice, have both load the same game, the same save file... you can literally trade with yourself that way.

What? Surely it couldn't be that easy.

...Yeeah no, it's not working. I don't doubt it's possible, but it probably requires doing some emulator magic and I just don't feel like cracking the code right now. Maybe some other time.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

A perfect name for a Slugma

Thanks.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Shedinja is such an odd duck, I have no idea if you would ever use one if you had it. Simultaneous terrible and amazingly broken at the same time, as it only ever has 1 HP, but can only be hurt super effective moves...

So I heard.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I find Kadabra's evolution to be a lot more insulting. Mostly because I straight up cannot do it.

https://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

I’m not sure if this works with ROMs that aren’t in English, but for future reference, there ya go.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What? Surely it couldn't be that easy.

...Yeeah no, it's not working. I don't doubt it's possible, but it probably requires doing some emulator magic and I just don't feel like cracking the code right now. Maybe some other time.

If you're ever curious:

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you're ever curious:

How unfortunate I'm not using this emulator anymore since it lost the ability to save completely out of nowhere, so I cannot use this tutorial.

Oh well. Thanks anyway. mGBA has the functionality too, no doubt, I'm just not seeing it.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

https://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

I’m not sure if this works with ROMs that aren’t in English, but for future reference, there ya go.

Thanks to you too. If I can't find the way ever, I might give this a look into.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't feel too bad about it. You're not the guy who came up to a being that looked ever-so-slighly gooey and immediately went "Garon."

https://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/large/muk.jpg

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The duality of man.

I find grinding very therapeutic and relaxing when I can tune off the game for a bit and listen to music or a podcast, especially with Fire Emblem and Pokemon when there's a sense of customization as you go.

Oh.

Well.

That was actually absurdly easy. I remember giving up in the VBA-M days because it was janky as fuck, but in mGBA, all it took was finding the option in the menu that said "open new multiplayer window." Opening the emulator twice regularly didn't work, but this? Like a charm, so it did.

https://images2.imgbox.com/bc/23/FfVsu3TY_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/db/00/ZhMrVnMw_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/cc/ba/btLCWTeb_o.png

Thank you @Acacia Sgt for egging me on. I wasn't going to bother, when it was that easy. Oof...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aquiles and Magno... how amusing they went for Greek&Macedonian names for those two...

Meanwhile the US: Archie and Maxie.

Eww... So glad I'm playing this version instead lol

Got back to SMTV. Trying the second boss on Normal revealed it actually ends the fight at around 40% of its HP remaining, a nice surprise. Also, I couldn't tell how much less HP it had or damage I was taking, which indicates the jump from Hard to Normal isn't a huge realm of difference. Because of the former realization, I fortunately kept a separate save and redid the fight on Hard, it was fine. Stuff that followed the second boss was mostly story with few fights, an interlude from how gameplay-heavy it has been. But, now it looks like I've reached the second big area in the game, I'll pick it up from here later.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Things that apparently are real: This.

If only I had someone to present these to me, maybe.😄

Nintendo doing Valentine's cards. Not unheard of, nor are those the least expected.:

fe_vday_05_thumb.jpgfe_vday_01_thumb.jpgfe_vday_02_thumb.jpg

The irony coming from Emmeryn, clearly she's a cheater.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

🤩

I did not realize such a thing could be conceived of. Glorious.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Kinda hoping Xenoblade 3 bring back the Zohar. I always enjoyed seeing how they infused it with the story of older Xeno installments.

As if it isn't for all intents and purposes in XC2 with a different name?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nintendo doing Valentine's cards. Not unheard of, nor are those the least expected.:

fe_vday_05_thumb.jpgfe_vday_01_thumb.jpgfe_vday_02_thumb.jpg

The irony coming from Emmeryn, clearly she's a cheater.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening Characters Celebrate Valentine's Day - Siliconera

*Lovebirds Cutscene intensifies*

......Are these official? Really, they did that?

On the one hand, Awakening doing pairing makes more sense than for Kirby. But just, I guess I just, I just.......

FJeidbnxcdfidxnujdbfhbgrse-

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115f326d37ac1183c67e

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

......Are these official? Really, they did that?

On the one hand, Awakening doing pairing makes more sense than for Kirby. But just, I guess I just, I just.......

Yes, they were up in NoA's Facebook page back in 2013. Five of them. Here's the last one:

Fire Emblem: Awakening Characters Celebrate Valentine's Day - Siliconera

Huh, I went to download the geometric tactics demo from the Switch Eshop and, at least on the US Eshop, they use a screenshot of the game that used two languages at once.

More specifically, one of the screenshots shows the persuasion mechanic or whatever it’s called, with a pop up window that shows a character who wants to pick the yellow option with the player given the ability to attempt to persuade her to pick the red option, all in English, and in the background you can clearly see the labels that show which characters want to make what decision in… what I want to say is Spanish, because I recognize Ir a, sal, and casa from class, but I’m not enough of an expert to say that wholly distinguishes it from another Romance language. Thanks in advance, Acacia. Either way, that seems like a strange oversight in a screenshot intended for the game’s store page, which might not be a great sign.

Anyway, time to actually download the demo.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What?!

Leteena, get back into the team!

How far are you, anyway?

Really, they did that?

Smh, no Lilina reaction image.