• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

To be fair, with Smash it's understandable since it's rated E (or was it E10+?), not T, like the Xeno games are. So even if they didn't want to either, they have to.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

But then its apparantly okay to have Seph without a shirt on, showing off his muscles and whatnot? What makes that "acceptable"?

Or ZM/Fusion ZSS?

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good ol' Riddle. The real riddle is why he has so many knives!

Between the knives and his bounty price being the highest, it sure seems like the game wants you to capture him. Not that I did, I'm not going out of my way to capture anybody. It's often enough trying to clear the maps, I don't have the luxury of more rigging to nab more rare stuff I'll probably not put to use.

I had Volo go the risky route of a Deathmatch against him, and won 100 EXP in return. Assassins are that nutritious?

Actually, viewing that event should send you to the chapter 8 autojoin. I believe he autojoins at the end of the main mission, though. Hold that thought until then.

Thank you for the clarification.

I might hold off on Chapter 8 for a day or two. I've been playing nothing except Berwick Saga for several days now. I've logged over 30 hours, and that isn't factoring in the hours unrecorded of "Argh! Sigh. Why? No. What is with this enemy? Reload. Redo. Nope! One save every five turns isn't enough." and other remarks made when somebody died. The sight of yet another retreat with greens is making me a little green in the face at this point.🤢 -Not that protecting the NPCs has ever been a serious hassle. Though this map superficially looks a lot like Chapter 6, only less chokepointed and smaller, doesn't seem so creative at first glance.

I need a short break from BS. Or maybe not, I've the urge to begin assembling and prepping my team for Chapter 8.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

It irritates the hell outta me. Its like disrespecting the artist imo. 

It doesn't bother me. What does is the lack of fundoshis in international XCX. Now that is a disrespecting of Japanese culture!😋 The replacement underwear is pretty generic too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

had Volo go the risky route of a Deathmatch against him, and won 100 EXP in return. Assassins are that nutritious?

Class is set to 100 EXP. 

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But then its apparantly okay to have Seph without a shirt on, showing off his muscles and whatnot? What makes that "acceptable"?

Or ZM/Fusion ZSS?

I guess double standards. The male chest isn't as controversial.

Perhaps it is covered under the rating classifications? Since at least we also have Shulk with just his swim trunks as well. But then... yeah, no clue then on Pyra/Mythra.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess double standards. The male chest isn't as controversial.

ZSS, at least on Zero Suit, it's since, even if skintight, she's still covered up. Now the question could be on her ZM/Fusion esque two-piece, but perhaps it is covered under the rating classifications? Since at least we also have Shulk with just his swim trunks as well.

That sounds absurd if thats how they view things.

"Covered" as she hardly wears anything, but that was acceptable. Talking about Fusion alt ofc.

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

"There's no need to be shy, Renne. I already have the adoption papers prepared! I'll even get us matching shirts! How does '#1 Granddaughter' sound?"

My second attempt at the boss was another loss, but I finished the poker minigame; it wasn't too hard once I figured out what I'm supposed to do.

Actually, now I remember that Super Mario 64 DS had a poker minigame with Luigi, but with fewer winning hands. I can't wait for Luigi to appear in the next Gambler Jack book.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess AE is not like other mobile games then...

Another Eden was ported to Steam, so it's safe from the curse.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Kirin is the final DLC guest boss of Luminous Avenger iX 2. Gunvolt 3 was taking so long to come out, Kirin just said "fuck it" and went to a different game lmao.

Just like with Roy in Melee. He's called "EMBLEM" in the data, which makes it unclear if his name was even finalized by the time he was picked. Ultimate's DLC characters also have codenames, but that was to prevent them from being leaked early like Roy and Ryu were in Smash 4.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:
  Hide contents

"There's no need to be shy, Renne. I already have the adoption papers prepared! I'll even get us matching shirts! How does '#1 Granddaughter' sound?"

>No Estelle

How could you do this Lightchao.

Interesting dialogue though. But I do wonder if it would change if Estelle was there as well…

Well, not bad. Caught 17 fish, earning 1st place. The town entrance ain't a bad spot, heh... at least for now...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So there I was, watching out of context clips of my favorite cartoon as a kid at 11 pm because well, why wouldn’t you do that? and…

Is this a Steins;Gate reference? It’s either that or something related to the idea of time travel that also influenced Steins;Gate because this is way too specific.

But if it is an S;G reference, that is truly the choices of Steins Gate.

Edited by Sooks

11 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

UzqPq0t.jpg

I can't believe Arvis is a big memer. No wonder, seeing how he's also a big meme.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Between the knives and his bounty price being the highest, it sure seems like the game wants you to capture him. Not that I did, I'm not going out of my way to capture anybody. It's often enough trying to clear the maps, I don't have the luxury of more rigging to nab more rare stuff I'll probably not put to use.

To be fair, half of the knives he has turn into regular daggers when he's captured. Still, 10k from one capture is sweeeeet cash. And he does have the easiest assassin's knife to obtain for Erzie. You can just run up with Thaddy and steal it, boom.

I had Volo go the risky route of a Deathmatch against him, and won 100 EXP in return. Assassins are that nutritious?

Every single assassin in the game gives 100 experience to everyone. Isn't that awesome?

Thank you for the clarification.

I might hold off on Chapter 8 for a day or two. I've been playing nothing except Berwick Saga for several days now. I've logged over 30 hours, and that isn't factoring in the hours unrecorded of "Argh! Sigh. Why? No. What is with this enemy? Reload. Redo. Nope! One save every five turns isn't enough." and other remarks made when somebody died. The sight of yet another retreat with greens is making me a little green in the face at this point.🤢 -Not that protecting the NPCs has ever been a serious hassle. Though this map superficially looks a lot like Chapter 6, only less chokepointed and smaller, doesn't seem so creative at first glance.

I need a short break from BS. Or maybe not, I've the urge to begin assembling and prepping my team for Chapter 8.

Understandable. I mean, not understandable to me. The day Aethin finished the translation, I replayed the entire game over the course of a week and a half, zero stops for anything. But it's generally understandable on a human level, y'know.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Ninty logic 101, some things are okay, and others aren't.

If I had to make a guess... The thing about ZSS is that, at her most scandalous, she's wearing what resembles a sports top and shorts, which is pretty eye candy-ish, but still something a real person would reasonably wear when going out to run or something. Pyra, Mythra, Corrin and the like wear completely stupid attires that're clearly only the way they are for the sole purpose of helping horny boys relieve themselves. Which doesn't really jibe with the "all ages" rating. So uh... Maybe it's that. Perhaps. What do I know.

As for Sephiroth and the one Shulk alt... I think it's just plain that nobody cares about male fanservice, so they just do whatever they like. Big double standard, but it is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Nintendo here. I honestly couldn't care less. Just offering an idea for what their thought process might've been. I mean if I had to offer a personal opinion, I can say I like their Smash designs a bit better, but you know me, I'm a horrible, despicable villain like that.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

So there I was, watching out of context clips of my favorite cartoon as a kid at 11 pm because well, why wouldn’t you do that? and…

Is this a Steins;Gate reference? It’s either that or something related to the idea of time travel that also influenced Steins;Gate because this is way too specific.

Nah, I'd say it's just a coincidence. "Let's make like a banana and split" is a common expression. The clip seems to have taken that and changed "split" to a big verbose sciencespeaky paragraph for a joke. Nothing else to it.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Mmmm.

Pizza.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

“Let's make like a banana and split" is a common expression.

Well, there you go. Thanks. Why have I never heard that one before!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why have I never heard that one before!

I mean, I hadn't either. It just sounded like a common expression, so I went on Google and did a little bit of research. It's probably not commonly used, but it's there.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I had to make a guess... The thing about ZSS is that, at her most scandalous, she's wearing what resembles a sports top and shorts, which is pretty eye candy-ish, but still something a real person would reasonably wear when going out to run or something. Pyra, Mythra, Corrin and the like wear completely stupid attires that're clearly only the way they are for the sole purpose of helping horny boys relieve themselves. Which doesn't really jibe with the "all ages" rating. So uh... Maybe it's that. Perhaps. What do I know.

As for Sephiroth and the one Shulk alt... I think it's just plain that nobody cares about male fanservice, so they just do whatever they like. Big double standard, but it is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Nintendo here. I honestly couldn't care less. Just offering an idea for what their thought process might've been. I mean if I had to offer a personal opinion, I can say I like their Smash designs a bit better, but you know me, I'm a horrible, despicable villain like that.

...In Heels? I'm gonna doubt that, personally, but hey.

That's unfair and dumb, again. But you recognise that so no need to argue further.

And there's nothing wrong with how you view the design, but don't remove choices from me, either.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

...In Heels? I'm gonna doubt that, personally, but hey.

...Ooohh yes. Sorry. I was going by memorry and completely forgot the heels.

I hate when they do that. They'll have this badass warrior woman and they'll slap high heels on her. Why? Who in their right mind would wear heel-like shoes when they're a bounty hunter or a knight or any kind of person that fights and moves around a lot? Bayonetta gets a pass because her heels are literally fucking guns and that's the coolest thing ever. For everyone else? Big dumb.

That's unfair and dumb, again. But you recognise that so no need to argue further.

Yes. Again, not defending, just explaining.

And there's nothing wrong with how you view the design, but don't remove choices from me, either.

True enough.

My CS I-IV tier list of characters (not gameplay related):

38e3920da0bbb9104b7a7c52df4f3146.png

Rean is shit so he is in his own tier

C consists of characters i'm not a fan of. 

B is characters i'm indifferent towards.

A is characters that had moments that stood out to me at times, making them stand out.

S is personal favorite, ofc!

Oh and this is Class VII only, so no spoilers.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe Arvis is a big memer. No wonder, seeing how he's also a big meme.

Turns out all Sigurd needed to do was pre-emptively draw himself as the Chad and Arvis as a soyjak, and throw an ifunny watermark on it to make it look like someone else did it.
Then Belhalla wouldn't have been a massacre.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

>No Estelle

How could you do this Lightchao.

Interesting dialogue though. But I do wonder if it would change if Estelle was there as well…

Estelle doesn't influence that conversation, but the boss has unique dialogue with every party member.

Spoiler

His conversation with Ries talks more about Rufina and how the Bracer Guild hoped to recruit her prior to her death.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

So... are bananas important to the plot of Steins;Gate? I'm pretty sure that episode predates Steins;Gate anyhow.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/23/22992066/stephen-wilhite-gif-creator-dies

The .gif is 1980s technology? RIP its inventor. (Although, he invented the still image .gif, the animated clip came later without his involvement.) Thank you for your intangible contribution to Internet culture.

Understandable. I mean, not understandable to me. The day Aethin finished the translation, I replayed the entire game over the course of a week and a half, zero stops for anything. But it's generally understandable on a human level, y'know.

Implying you're not human?👽😛

Mentally, my mind is still very much in the game, but my eyes and brain need the rest.