Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

would join the riots. Blue Jessie deserves the world

Based.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ya know, we should do a teehee pokemon tourney one day

I'd be up for that! I've absolutely no aptitude for Pokemon seriously I can't remember all of the typings stuff, but I've had some fun with Showdown before.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Based.

Just you watch, Benice. One day, Team Rocket will blast off to the height of Trails popularity!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will defeat you all with Slugma Garon.

Alola Muk time?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'd be up for that! I've absolutely no aptitude for Pokemon seriously I can't remember all of the typings stuff, but I've had some fun with Showdown before.

Nice!

If enough people are interested maybe i should create a thread

Alola Muk time?

Uh, I guess? I don't know, the important thing is that I'd beat you with Garon.

Nice!

If enough people are interested maybe i should create a thread

I'd watch it, at least, though I still don't think Pokemon is something I really want to go back to in a hurry. Nostalgia and a fluke of underleveledness and bad pokemon picks making two gyms difficult was the only reason I got as far as I did into Emerald lol

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh, I guess? I don't know, the important thing is that I'd beat you with Garon

alolanMuk_0.png

Dark/Poison

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd watch it, at least, though I still don't think Pokemon is something I really want to go back to in a hurry. Nostalgia and a fluke of underleveledness and bad pokemon picks making two gyms difficult was the only reason I got as far as I did into Emerald lol

I mean, in showdown there's no training, and the game can get pretty complex tbh

16 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

mean, in showdown there's no training, and the game can get pretty complex tbh

Speaking of, what format would we use? If it's random battles, I'm in danger...

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

Either Randoms because creating Teams is too complex or OU

Sounds good!

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ya know, we should do a teehee pokemon tourney one day

I played a LOT of it as a kid, but stopped it at that and never really learned any of the pro gamer moves since every Pokémon story is just “press super effective move until ded”.

Happy birdday @GuardianSing! Maybe one day you'll be promoted from new member.

Respledent_Quetzal,_Costa_Rica_2016.jpg

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just you watch, Benice. One day, Team Rocket will blast off to the height of Trails popularity!

The Capuas have some dignity, they aren't even the most pathetic villains in the series.

Spoiler

In fact, they eventually reform and are much more competent as good guys.

Josette wasn't on the most recent popularity poll results, but there's still time for her to claim number one.

In other news I'm almost done with Chapter 6 of Sky the 3rd. Unlike the third guardian, I defeated the last guardian on my first try.

Spoiler

Sure enough you do meet the Enforcers again, and it was cool to fight Bleublanc, Walter, and Luciola all at once (Renne, being playable, was obviously excepted). And Luciola didn't bring her cloud minions this time! I considered bringing their former coworker or Bleublanc's beloveds to fight them, but I ended up bringing Zin and Schera instead. It was nice to see them again and some of their dialogue was oddly sweet, considering they are, you know, villains.

The last fight is against Schwarzritter, who is of course Loewe. He was difficult but didn't destroy me like Cassius did (or like he did previously in SC), and he doesn't use Dead Emperor Sword this time oddly enough. I fought him with Estelle and Renne. Sadly we had to say farewell to him yet again, but he got to say goodbye to Renne this time. Unlike every other character in this chapter, it seems this actually was the real Loewe rather than a copy. Maybe him being dead has something to do with it?

As I expect to learn the Lord of Phantasma's identity soon, I'm still assuming they are Rufina. The only other candidate I can think of is Weissmann's ghost or something.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hide contents

Sure enough you do meet the Enforcers again, and it was cool to fight Bleublanc, Walter, and Luciola all at once (Renne, being playable, was obviously excepted). And Luciola didn't bring her cloud minions this time! I considered bringing their former coworker or Bleublanc's beloveds to fight them, but I ended up bringing Zin and Schera instead. It was nice to see them again and some of their dialogue was oddly sweet, considering they are, you know, villains.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:
Spoiler

Weissman’s ghost

Ahaha…

Lost Judgment's free for Gamepass people for a little bit (As DLC is coming out for it), and I'm finally getting to try out some of the Dragon Engine's combat!

...Wow. Just finished chapter 1, and... Wow. It's so good.

Since IIRC it leaves gamepass this sunday, I suppose I can hopefully finish Sky FC's FC over this free week. I know that SC is supposed to be good, at least, so I'll probably play FC->SC->Prolly watch 3rd->Maybe play Zero->Watch Azure->Play CS1. Er, if my laptop can run CS, at least.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anime signs are common in this game. Most will dismiss it as just that.

I did go into a community server yesterday, before heading to bed. It only had one person in it. He read the sign and went "fair enough." Then we exchanged game recommendations. He recommended me one called Ultrakill. It looks like a fast-paced fun shooter.

It was nice.

How wholesome.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @GuardianSing!

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, it is? Happy Birthday, GuardianSing!

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happy birthday @GuardianSing🎂

6 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

Yes, Happy Birthday @GuardianSing

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Happy birthday @GuardianSing!

5 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Happy birthday @GuardianSing!

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Happy birthday @GuardianSing! Hope you have a great day!

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @GuardianSing !!!

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

happy birthday @GuardianSing!

Thank you all greatly for the birthday wishes. If I could, I'd invite ye all over for cake.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@GuardianSing Happy birthday to you, Quetzal! Here's to many more birthdays going forward!

Very glad you remembered my name.

47 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Happy birdday @GuardianSing! Maybe one day you'll be promoted from new member.

Respledent_Quetzal,_Costa_Rica_2016.jpg

Aww! Little Quetzal bird. Thank you.

Yes hopefully one day it'll happen. Perhaps once I'm done going through all the Fates support conversations.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

tfw watching the one with best gameplay

3rd has good gameplay? I thought it was the random filler one...

Well, maybe I'll watch 2 and play 3, then. 3 does have more of Best Girl, I think. Plus, I'm a literal rock, so SC'll probably be too intense. I don't mind tryin' to learn how to be good, but...

Edited by Benice

I thought it was the random filler one...

3 sets up the whole series after

I'll watch 2

Tfw watching the best Trails game

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

so I'll probably play FC->SC->Prolly watch 3rd->Maybe play Zero->Watch Azure->Play CS1. Er, if my laptop can run CS, at least.

Why watch 3rd and Azure when your laptop can run Sky? It should be able to run those two as well.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

tfw watching the one with best gameplay

>Sky 3rd

>Best gameplay

Well, maybe it is best. I really need to do a run through of it where I completely ban myself from using earth wall and earth guard, if something like that is possible. Especially now that I’ve figured out how to get the evo voice acting mods to work.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

3rd has good gameplay? I thought it was the random filler one...

>Sky 3rd

>Random filler one

Silly Benice, the filler ones are always the first game in each arc!

Seriously though, no. It’s not reaaaally relevant to the main story of Sky, but it’s basically a bridge game from Sky to Crossbell and Cold Steel. Definitely don’t skip it.

Well, maybe I'll watch 2 and play 3, then. 3 does have more of Best Girl, I think.

3 has by far the most Josette in the series, hands down. It’s the only one of two where she’s playable unless she’s playable in the gacha or something, and the only game in the series where she’s playable for more than 2 seconds.

But seriously Benice, now you want to watch the best game in the series? Smh

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

3 sets up the whole series after

Given what you say about it, I don't think that'll be a problem for my enjoyment of 'em.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Tfw watching the best Trails game

Hey now, I watched my favorite game of all time before I played it!

...Plus, I've prolly spoiled myself on it a little anyways. I think I know something that happens at the end of FC, at least, and I know that there's

Spoiler

Some song with a harmonica that accompanies a powerful scene, and given that Joshua's associated with the

I think I have a good idea of what's gonna happen.

Well, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

. And I think the page for 3rd on Steam has a cutscene from SC that seemed rather important. I only saw the first few seconds, so maybe I'm safe.

I'm still angy about being spoiled about the song thing in a heckin' Yakuza discord of all places. I thought I was safe...

Plus, given that best girl appears in 3rd more, I think I'm more likely to become as hard as steel there than against somebody in SC

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why watch 3rd and Azure when your laptop can run Sky? It should be able to run those two as well.

...Sooks, it has taken me 33 hours to not finish half of the shortest Trails game; given that every other one is, like, twice the length, if I play all of 'em, I'll get to the part of SC I've been spoiled about during my 25th year anniversary of retirement!

Plus, I'm trying to get better at not pirating games, and you know how Falcom is with localizing these games. Azure probably won't be legally available in English for some time.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Seriously though, no. It’s not reaaaally relevant to the main story of Sky, but it’s basically a bridge game from Sky to Crossbell and Cold Steel. Definitely don’t skip it.

Aight, guess I won't skip it.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But seriously Benice, now you want to watch the best game in the series? Smh

Yakuza stole my heart when I watched playthroughs of 'em! I'm sure SC could do the same, to a lesser degree.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

earth wall

Honestly with the big cast nerf it got in 3rd i didn't use it that much as a boss usually interrupted it

Edited by Shrimpolaris

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Plus, I've prolly spoiled myself on it a little anyways. I think I know something that happens at the end of FC, at least, and I know that there's

Hide contents

Some song with a harmonica that accompanies a powerful scene, and given that Joshua's associated with the

I think I have a good idea of what's gonna happen.

Well, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Do you mean the credits theme? I mean, yes, it has some harmonica in it but that’s a bit of coincidence…

. And I think the page for 3rd on Steam has a cutscene from SC that seemed rather important. I only saw the first few seconds, so maybe I'm safe.

Ehhh, kind of? It shows something that happened in SC but focused on what was going down with a new thing as opposed to the cutscene in SC, which focused on what happened to our main characters when that went down.

It is kind of a spoiler though, you’re just lucky you don’t recognize the thing yet. It’s basically like me and that one Yakuza comment section!

I'm still angy about being spoiled about the song thing in a heckin' Yakuza discord of all places. I thought I was safe...

How did this even come up?

Plus, given that best girl appears in 3rd more, I think I'm more likely to become as hard as steel there than against somebody in SC

Not so fast Benice, she’s not relevant or important in Sky 3rd. Do you want her actually mattering to the story? Play SC.

Unless you want to watch her fighting specifically…

...Sooks, it has taken me 33 hours to not finish half of the shortest Trails game; given that every other one is, like, twice the length, if I play all of 'em, I'll get to the part of SC I've been spoiled about during my 25th year anniversary of retirement!

I mean, I’d say that if you have to watch any Trails game it should be FC, but if you’ve put that much time in…

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Honestly with the big cast nerf it got in 3rd i didn't use it that much as a boss usually interrupted it

I kind of wish this happened to me.

I turned every fight into earth wall/guard spam in the late game and I think that tanked my enjoyment of the game, full immunity is waaaay too broken.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Upon hearing this again, it sounds like music from a Sonic game.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Plus, I'm trying to get better at not pirating games, and you know how Falcom is with localizing these games. Azure probably won't be legally available in English for some time.

Trails to Azure doesn't have a release date yet but is expected to release next March. Trails from Zero releases six months from now, assuming you aren't distracted by Xenoblade 3 at the time. Not that I'm inclined to tell you what to do with your money, of course.