Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

ULJS00394-00220.jpg

First Game Over. On the "boss" (the music changes, but the "lead" enemy looks fairly normal) fight of the second infinite duration/mandatory quest. Once my Knight fell, the rest followed, even with both my Wizards spamming Heal (Wizards users can use any magic they want regardless of weapon it turns out).

It's not a total loss of progress however. As you get sent back to town, a week's time passes, and I lost 20% of my money.

Before that happened, there was this.:

ULJS00394-00200.jpg

I backed myself into a dead end. That black horned piece is an abnormally strong enemy that is visible and moves around the map. I snuck past it to investigate the dark crystal (optional challenge battle, recommended level of 53- I'm level 3 lol), but then it came back and blocked the exit.

I tried to fight it, the enemies were semi-random and generic actually, but they were too strong, so I fled. Which introduced me to this.:

ULJS00394-00198.jpgULJS00394-00197.jpg

I mistook Brave for Cost- that green gauge at the top. Brave is actually a small number listed furtherest to the right on the status screen.

Fleeing from the black icon was -20 Brave, fleeing a second time b/c me stupid was another -20. Then I remembered I could automatically return to town and did that. Since the once-weekly 100% Brave restore (which ought to keep it from being a big issue) was another trip in the field away, I had to fight at 4 AP for a while, a 33% reduction in AP ain't good. Wine replenishes 40 Brave per use, but I made one of my characters dislike alcohol, and the cheaply purchasable liked items provide only +10 Brave per use. -No magnificent food graphic so far BTW, this isn't a real Vanillaware game.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Another thing in XC3 I would like to see return: enemy appendages from X. 

The ability to stop specific attacks adds another layer of depth to the combat and it makes battles not always the same-y

They need to make appendages less squishy or include more Arts that do extra damage to appendages. As is, I tended to kill an enemy before their appendages broke, not always, some things were easy to shatter, but other things were too durable, maybe b/c the AIs target whatever. We also need some indicator of when an Art is uses an appendage and which (atop of making enemy Art usage easier to read in general).

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They need to make appendages less squishy or include more Arts that do extra damage to appendages. As is, I tended to kill an enemy before their appendages broke, not always, some things were easy to shatter, but other things were too durable, maybe b/c the AIs target whatever. We also need some indicator of when an Art is uses an appendage and which (atop of making enemy Art usage easier to read in general).

I agree it needed to be fine tuned, but it's a great base, and i like the idea of stopping deadly arts with well focused attacking.

Some are obvious, like Tail Swipe is a tail attack (duh) so i don't mind that they have some well hidden ones, personally.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Lol we were just talking about him earlier.

After five years, FEH finally puts in the OG (even if it's his Mystery incarnation).

It's about time, evil dragons are indeed cool. I'm glad he got the respect he deserves. Finally, now I have something to use my 2433 orbs on.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

ONLY THE HEALERS CAN REVIVE! Revives are not tied to the Party Gauge because the party gauge does not work like it did in past games (no word on how it actually works this time). And because of that, i'm assuming the grounds for defeat are if everyone falls instead of just the player-controlled character. If both your healers fall, you begin fighting an uphill battle. This is all possible because everyone is fighting at once. In previous games (and most RPGs), the healer class is often an afterthought (as much as i love how healing is implemented in Xenoblade 2, the healer class there is not as defined as the attackers and tanks). In Xenoblade 3, all three class types are fully defined, each with their own unique roles in combat. Hell, even tanks in this game have improved viability beyond just "they take damage for others".

Yet another reason to make everyone a healer. My prediction is that everyone's class list is tied to affinity levels, so Noah and Lanz can use each other's classes when they reach a certain affinity, and so on. It would give you control over who can be what without giving everyone access to every class from the start.

I wonder if you can swap between party members in the middle of battle like in Torna, it would be a shame if Eunie and Taion were preoccupied doing whatever when you need them to revive Noah.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

That said, fantasies are fantasies and are ok aslong as they don't affect reality.

What if someone has fantasies about playing the games that must not be named? Is that okay?

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

What if someone has fantasies about playing the games that must not be named? Is that okay?

I can confirm I dream about playing Counter Strike.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, yeah, I get you. This is one of like, ten billion problems with schools worldwide. Since there's a set schedule, often the teacher will be done teaching, but the students can't just leave or go do something better. Instead, the teacher has to present some excuse for work to cover the rest of the time, and the students will stare at the wall for the remainder of the class time. Thanks.

Hah, yeah, pretty much.

But now I’m heading home, so I can play PoR!

…which is about as involved as staring at the wall. How many more chapters of this do I have left again?

34 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was always against thought crime, now i am not so sure :p

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hah, yeah, pretty much.

But now I’m heading home, so I can play PoR!

…which is about as involved as staring at the wall.

Hahahahah! Man, I'm fairly certain I've described it this exact way in the past.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How many more chapters of this do I have left again?

Too many.

Then again, that was also the case when you started.

Courage. It won't be long now. I mean, it will be long because this is PoR, but you know what I mean.

Man, my week's gotten busy all of a sudden.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The advice columnist said incest fantasies, that don't go beyond fantasies, are fine.

And, if you weren't raised particularly close with the cousin, it's understandable they added. As it is a close upbringing that creates the sexual revulsion between family members, it's not inherently having close genes. Then, there was the case the Israeli communal kibbutz settlement programs (that still exist to this day, but less experimentally utopian). Children in kibbutz were raised collectively, though not entirely separated from their parents. Children raised in these old-fashioned kibbutz it was studied, had a tendency to later marry outside their community, as everyone they grew up within the community, were so close they considered them siblings, despite no genetic bond. Research into child marriages the columnist added, seem to run into intimacy issues sometimes as well. And then I recall this one murder show I was watching set in the Staten Island borough of New York City, where a young man said the Staten Island community was too close, so that youths like him generally preferred dating people outside of the borough when they crossed over to Manhattan to party, the girls of Staten Island were like his sisters

As if this wasn't enough, the columnist went even further! That, scientifically speaking, the genetic reproduction issues of a single 1st cousin marriage (what the Habsburgs were doing generation-after-generation was still very wrong) are only 3-4% higher than a normal, not-closely related couple. And even then that only applies in case of rare genetic diseases. Then, they claimed that, again, purely from a scientific perspective, a 4th (or maybe even 3rd, I forget) cousin marriage has been instinctively imagined by Homo sapiens as a species (during our long pre-civilization history I would think) as ideal. Since 4th is far enough removed to quash any increased genetic abnormality chances, yet close enough to be more... the phrasing was something like "genetically compatible". Perhaps referring to ease of a successful impregnation and or subsequent survival of the child to their own reproductive adulthood? 

-However, the advice provider was not endorsing incest.

Maybe so. I mean, a certain US mayor probably had that be the case. That being said, when we talk close it's not the degree of close where they live in the same community, it tends to be closer than that again is where these lines form for people.

My own bar's set quite strongly on 2nd being too far, haven't particularly had any 3rd cousins noted admittedly. Interestingly, Charles Darwin mused on the possibility of incest being a factor on genetic difficulties after observing some tomatoes he was growing that were very closely related.... while also noting the issues that arose in his children (several died young and there was some fertility problems for others, but it also turns turns out aside from his marrying his cousin that cousin marriages happened several times in his own ancestry, though less than the Habsburgs). This was doubtless far from the only factor (he was from the 1800s). I happened to see this today, so I would say some caveats on the details here.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...no, wait, what? In book 2 he straight up has no human form! I guess it's a sort of mash of both appearances? A bit weird, but oh well, better than nothing.

That's standard FEH.

Idunn and Garon have their manakete forms in FEH from which they then switch to their draconic forms as I said, this isn't surprising.

Admittedly this is Medeus as the Shadow Dragon, not an Earth dragon so I do get his point.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Having computers in class makes it difficult to resist...

Can confirm, it happened all the time.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

What's the problem with cousin marriage? Here's fine. There's even a saying that goes like this: "God created our cousins so we wouldn't hook up with our sisters".

I look at this and just.... no.

I cannot get behind this personally.

Then again, I've known my cousins as family the whole time. I just don't believe in it.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I mean, I doubt these people even have a stepmom. Just like people who fantasize about sibling incest doesn't usually have siblings. It's all just fetish

They'd understand how disgusting it is if they had any.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the same topic, in the mornings before class we'd also use the TV to watch cartoons.

One of our teachers did this for a bit on lunch breaks.

He had to stop Samurai Champloo in the first episode.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fleeing from the black icon was -20 Brave, fleeing a second time b/c me stupid was another -20. Then I remembered I could automatically return to town and did that. Since the once-weekly 100% Brave restore (which ought to keep it from being a big issue) was another trip in the field away, I had to fight at 4 AP for a while, a 33% reduction in AP ain't good. Wine replenishes 40 Brave per use, but I made one of my characters dislike alcohol, and the cheaply purchasable liked items provide only +10 Brave per use. -No magnificent food graphic so far BTW, this isn't a real Vanillaware game.

That's one way of ensuring that players don't try to roam forever.

And of course the tastes are already coming into effect. I wonder if the game tries to prevent you from having a party that shares the same likes and dislikes.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…which is about as involved as staring at the wall. How many more chapters of this do I have left again?

Few.

The next one is long though, though I did clear it in 10 turns and this is me we're talking about.

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The next one is long

though, though I did clear it in 10 turns and this is me we're talking about.

Well, that gives me a bit of hope.

Edited by Sooks

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have you seen AAA Western gaming? Call of Duty and the ilk regularly receive free updates of 200GB in size. -So I'm told, I don't play that stuff. 

WHAT

That moment when RGG tells me to touch grass

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

shaking-eyes-eyes-shaking.gif

At first, i thought that dash was like, the special trait Attackers get because we've seen Noah, Sena and Mio in Attacker Class do it.

....and then i noticed Eunie did it too in Healer Class so out goes that theory.

Inb4 they implement a perfect dodge mechanic where if you do it right, it recharges all of your Arts damn it, i want that now.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Regarding this, hopefully they go the X route and display your relative position to the enemy on screen, was a nice addition imo needs to come back.

X did it because of the massive size some of it's enemies could get but that would be neat to see return.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

As for cousin marriage thing...to many, cousins are more akin to siblings.

Will say that it's usually only the case for when you've known them for a while. I mean, i know i've got cousins i've never even met.

Not advocating for cousin marriage, i'm just saying i can sorta see why some places haven't done anything about it.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Another thing in XC3 I would like to see return: enemy appendages from X. 

There are big guys shown so maybe.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

UgmxAs4.png

Nopon with a glock.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

My prediction is that everyone's class list is tied to affinity levels, so Noah and Lanz can use each other's classes when they reach a certain affinity, and so on. It would give you control over who can be what without giving everyone access to every class from the start.

Oh no, that's actually been confirmed already. 

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder if you can swap between party members in the middle of battle like in Torna, it would be a shame if Eunie and Taion were preoccupied doing whatever when you need them to revive Noah.

Something in the UI does suggest you'll be able to do that but we have no confirmation yet.

Okay, after doing lots of weapon forging, I sill have room to upgrade my armor and it's off to finish Act 1!

I considered it a good sign to advance when upgrades start needing Gold, which isn't mineable if I don't have access to Sercerezo Hill, since it is the first area that opens up in Act 2, and that you're supposed to visit.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Inb4 they implement a perfect dodge mechanic where if you do it right, it recharges all of your Arts

yes pls

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nopon with a glock

preparing a warcrime

what will be the nopon crime this time i wonder lol

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

did it because of the massive size some of it's enemies could get but that would be neat to see return.

It was nice to just quickly glance at it and have the knowledge though.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are big guys shown so maybe

Well, here's to hoping!

I checked a few more towns, see if I could find the cat there now. Talk about a wild goose chase.

Well, I was unsuccessful, but I did manage to recruit some guy by accident while I was at it. It's something. Let's have a boat ride back home now.

Spoiler

wz1KIDal_o.png

Oh, the cat's just here at our castle now. Awesome.

lnHAhKPA_o.png

...what.

ko6955uZ_o.png

What...?

tzyKww7a_o.png

Yeah, no shit. The speed at which you move is insane!

Also, what?!

cYEYYbjI_o.png

WHAT?!?!

HHkMyYaw_o.png

ANYTHING, ANYTHING, JUST DON'T RUN OFF AGAIN!

XqcgawEZ_o.png

OH MY FUCKING GOD

Well, it's official. This is the best JRPG ever made.

Between this and the masterpiece Lisa: The Painful, I think I'm going to call bullshit on RPGMaker's bad rep.

Seriously, I am so fucking happy right now.

This game is amazing.

I love this game.

Nothing can make me call this game bad now.

Nothing.

It could turn into a PC port of Path of Radiance at some point and I'd still be happy.

Gahahahaha

Aaahhh life is good sometimes.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

nya!

Nya nya indeed.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(What's this from?)

Xenogears but also Xenoblade 3.

This is Grahf from Xenogears (the image above is his mech)

unknown.png?width=558&height=432

And this is Mr. Wild Ride (tentative name) from Xenoblade 3

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

They have like basically the same head shape.