Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bro you like FE4.

PoR but my units take damage.

Or wait, if you’re talking about the map sizes here, I didn’t mind all that emptiness because it never lasted that long and was usually off to the side of the action or you played walking simulator after the action as opposed to… in the action, like this game or Echoes, or Awakening to a lesser extent… I’m seeing a pattern. Path of Radiance also takes forever with no good emulator speed up, afaik. Which isn’t an extra point against the game, but does affect my enjoyment and therefore how much I complain.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

PoR that was just atrocious. It was just completely empty, with enemies sprinkled about in little sections. It was… so boring! I think that might actually be the most bored I’ve been playing FE. And that lasted an hour! Eugh… it’s okay though, only 3 maps left I think (unless the finale pulls a funny there’s-2-maps like fe7 or Fates).

Sounds like its time for another little report from my ironmsn

Clash…sigh the map where enemy phases take 20 years. For funsies I gave both of my Weapon Scrolls to Elincia, that way she can use the Tempest Sword, and thus use her much better magic to attack. I end up spending an extra turn to give the Bertram kill to Elincia, although her battle quote was quite disappointing given [Radiant Dawn Spoiler]

34 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Wouldn't Resolve Wrath be more reliable than Aether?

You don't get Resolve until next map, and can't get access to the menus to give that skill before that. Although it is the most reliable way to deal with the final boss...

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

or you played walking simulator after the action

???? 

You play walking simulator to get to the action and then you spend more time in walking simulator getting to the next action.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

???? 

You play walking simulator to get to the action and then you spend more time in walking simulator getting to the next action.

? It’s only between castles where you’d have to do that much walking.

Just now, Sooks said:

? It’s only between castles where you’d have to do that much walking.

which is most of the game?

It's walking 90%, 9% Kaga blocks and 1% village saving

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

which is most of the game?

It's walking 90%, 9% Kaga blocks and 1% village saving

This is true through

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"It's only between the main objectives of the game".

If we’re comparing it to fe9, this would be like the walking being during the main objectives of the game.

https://www.siliconera.com/kaiju-wars-lets-you-make-the-best-of-a-bad-situation/

Not liking the stylized pixel aesthetic, tad too difficult to read, but it does sound interestingly atypical for a strategy game. Probably wouldn't bother with it myself, but it's nice hearing about it, to expand the noggin's conceptualization capabilities regarding strategy games. Despite the name, it seems more Ruben then Arma, if anyone in this topic took an interest.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

FRXOfjzXoAAfZLh?format=png&name=900x900

That's Alp Welt's unedited head? I forgot it looked so bad.

I do love these moments with Grahf. Ritualized edgy-ish cool language, awesome music, and whenever he show up for it, you learn to know you're fucked.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Between this and the masterpiece Lisa: The Painful, I think I'm going to call bullshit on RPGMaker's bad rep.

Kaga made Vest' in SRPG Maker. Would you call that bad?

While the base asset quality might be low, it's not impossible with enough elbow grease to make a good game out of any set of tools. It all comes down to the amount of effort the user of those tools puts into their products. I'm sure a devoted visual artist could make something beautiful out of toe fungus if that's all they had to work with.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Despite the name, it seems more Ruben then Arma, if anyone in this topic took an interest.

*reads*

Wait this is basically the plot of every solo Kaiju flick. Consider me interested. 

I just dumped all my BEXP into Elincia. Worth it? We’ll see.

…her strength cap is the same as Sothe’s?

Edited by Sooks
I mean Sothe, not Soren. Wrong S character.

And done. Act 1 is done!

I like how the credits get interrupted. XD

"You have one of my feathers"

*Remembers he put Ventus' Charm in storage*

Awkward Look Monkey Puppet | Know Your Meme

Uh... sure...

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

How many levels was that?

Like… 13? Plus an energy drop, she didn’t cap strength on her own.

Oh also, you were curious about my Ike, he has 45 HP and 20 defense he actually has 21 res instead of 20 lol.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

That might be painful. Ike might almost get one shotted with that, no?

I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be preparing Ike and Mist for, so beats me.

I mean, if it’s that big of a deal, I could load a save state and go give some BEXP to him instead of Elincia.