Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I’ve seen a couple as options, but I’ve been going for negative stuff to get more gold so I can get buffs.

Actually, I’ve got one right now: clumsy. Which doesn’t seem that useful, but it’s something.

Well, it streamlines the process of vandalizing the place. It's neat.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

And i think a good chunk of DSFE full art is also missing.

True. There's still more than for Three Houses, but true.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Sheesh, I was at a tense match today. Last few days have been surprisingly busy.

9 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

I’m old and drunk.

I mean, I was kinda drunk last night.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

60th anniversary special gonna be a banger.

We've never had a new Doctor take the lead with an anniversary special as his first episode before.

Well, that's a big one.

Wonder what'll be the reason for the crossover

Spoiler

And her involvement.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio what are “skill crits”? I have a trait now where only skill crits and spin kicks deal damage, but idk what the former is.

Skill crits are critical hits that are guaranteed to happen when you perform some sort of (usually skillfull) maneuver with a weapon. You can check what each weapon's skill crit requirement is in your stats screen, in the description of your weapon. For example, the knight's sword and the valkyrie's fauchard skill crit if you attack while you're dashing, whereas the ranger's bow skill crits if you charge until the bow flashes, then release at that moment. Magic has skill crits too - the magic 8 ball, for instance, skill crits if it strikes the enemy after bouncing three times.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

But FE4 and its gravity defying hairstyles! Xd

I heavily dislike FE4's artstyle, but I'd still call it better than Three Houses. Not by much, don't get me wrong - Again, I just think Three Houses's art is mediocre, not terrible - but at least the portraits in Genealogy have personality instead of all having the same two "bored" or "smile" expressions with few exceptions, the faces are shaded instead of looking flat and there's a bit more variety to them than the Three Houses folks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I heavily dislike FE4's artstyle, but I'd still call it better than Three Houses. Not by much, don't get me wrong - Again, I just think Three Houses's art is mediocre, not terrible - but at least the portraits in Genealogy have personality instead of all having the same two "bored" or "smile" expressions with few exceptions, the faces are shaded instead of looking flat and there's a bit more variety to them than the Three Houses folks.

That was actually the first thing I thought of when you said that, haha! 

Only thing I really dislike about FE4 art is that child characters are frankensprites of their parents (Larcei, Nanna, etc) 

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That was actually the first thing I thought of when you said that, haha! 

Ahahahah... Well, I do have to give you that. I consider Three Houses's art worse overall, but the hairstyles in Genealogy. Good golly, the hairstyles. The gigantic blobs of hair on people's heads. I find it rather funny how in Thracia, most people have sensible hair cuts, and then there's Leif and Finn with their massive pompadours from FE4. Really noticeable difference there.

That, and some people in FE4 don't even look human. I still remember laughing my ass off at this guy the first time I saw him.

Portrait_batu_fe04.png

Look at that absolute beauty of a man. He looks like the crossbreed between a peanut and a pineapple. And then he donned Garon's ridiculous beard, to boot. Also, he has no neck, his head just exists on top of a cardboard cutout that looks like a cloak.

What an absolute unit. How I wish he'd been playable instead of like, Midir.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Only thing I really dislike about FE4 art is that child characters are frankensprites of their parents (Larcei, Nanna, etc) 

Yeah, that's a result of the scrapped plan to make child units resemble their parents. Since they ran out of time and budget, they just kept the designs they had. Which results in Arden's son looking like Lex. Not great. Just another reason to go for the substitutes instead.

Duelist is a neat class. I think I do prefer Valkyrie, but the duelist is nice as well.

I’m not sure I’m too big a fan of Chef though. It’s too slow without the range of archer or valkyrie or the sheer damage and HP of barbarian. I mean, the burn affect it applies is nice, but not really worth it imo since I just don’t like the way it plays. Same with the ability to heal.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Duelist is a neat class. I think I do prefer Valkyrie, but the duelist is nice as well.

I love how quick duelist is. The strikes are lightning fast, and the talent, while a bit mundane, recharges so fast that you can just spam it all the time... If you remember to.

Plus, they look great. That little hat is so awesome!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m not sure I’m too big a fan of Chef though. It’s too slow without the range of archer or valkyrie or the sheer damage and HP of barbarian. I mean, the burn affect it applies is nice, but not really worth it imo since I just don’t like the way it plays. Same with the ability to heal.

The pan reflects projectiles.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The pan reflects projectiles.

I mean, yeah, but dodging is (usually) easier and less of a risk. Although the only projectiles I really have to deal with this early into the game are the fireballs from the guys that spam like five at a time, so maybe it’ll become more useful later on.

Okay. Last time on Exit Fate, I got stuck on an uncharacteristically lame HP sponge of a boss. Now, I will try to beat the uncharacteristically lame HP sponge of a boss.

Just now, Sooks said:

I mean, yeah, but dodging is (usually) easier and less of a risk. Although the only projectiles I really have to deal with this early into the game are the fireballs from the guys that spam like five at a time, so maybe it’ll become more useful later on.

Well, chef is considered one of the most OP classes in the game, with the projectile negation and the extra healing... But yeah, I get what you're saying. That doesn't translate into it being fun to use. Ultimately, all of the game's classes are viable. It's just down to each person's personal preferences.

Me, I like chef well enough, though I admit I prefer their subclass. But don't worry about that just yet, you can't begin to work towards unlocking subclasses until you beat the first boss.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, chef is considered one of the most OP classes in the game, with the projectile negation and the extra healing... But yeah, I get what you're saying. That doesn't translate into it being fun to use.

Yeah, exactly. I’m sure it’s optimal to slowly deflect projectiles and wait for burn damage to do it’s thing but it’s not as fun as dancing around as a duelist or going haha spear go brrr as a Valkyrie.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Me, I like chef well enough, though I admit I prefer their subclass. But don't worry about that just yet, you can't begin to work towards unlocking subclasses until you beat the first boss.

There are subclasses? Huh, didn’t expect the game to be that deep.

And speaking of, is looking for the boss supposed to be my goal here? I’ve just been wandering around dying while getting money, getting slightly better at the game, and trying to get that damn heirloom, but I don’t know what the goal is here.

I've been thinking about how much it means for Xenoblade 3 to be a sequel to both Xenoblade 1 and 2. Because my approach to how i anticipate and eventually play this game honestly feels much different compared to if it was just standalone Xenoblade 3 (which it technically is but you know what i mean here). Setting aside the fact that Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game of all time, even with my reasonable expectations, i feel like the simple fact of directly tying it to 1 and 2 makes my usual expectations higher. The fact that it's a 3 even moreso.

Like if it was literally just Xenoblade 3 on it's own, with little to no connection to what came before, i'd still be excited obviously but the level of reasonable expectations would be relatively lower, you get what i mean?

And because Xenoblade 3 is directly following up 1 and 2, i kinda don't want to see another trailer. Again, Xenoblade 3 on it's own, i wouldn't mind but because it's not on it's own, it feels like an Avengers Endgame or No Way Home deal for me where i kinda just don't want to see too much. 10 second gameplay previews is one thing but the second trailer was enough, even though a third one is inevitable. 

All right, boss beat. It required strategy. But it could've been a bit shorter. Eh, this game is still good.

And my reward is... a drunk ninja. Eh. Not the most interesting final recruit. Honestly, I'm just still hurting over coat lady. She looked so fucking cool and the game just refused and gave me a boring man instead. I hate that I can't get over this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, now that that's dealt with, I can finally open the chest that required all 75 characters to be recruited, and then get on with the main campaign.

I hope coat lady is hiding in that chest and becomes the secret 76th recruit.

...Well, no, obviously, but I was expecting a simple piece of awesome equipment and instead I got something... weirder. Huh. I can never seem to pin this game down...

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, exactly. I’m sure it’s optimal to slowly deflect projectiles and wait for burn damage to do it’s thing but it’s not as fun as dancing around as a duelist or going haha spear go brrr as a Valkyrie.

Yeah, of course.

There are subclasses? Huh, didn’t expect the game to be that deep.

Yes. More on that later.

And speaking of, is looking for the boss supposed to be my goal here? I’ve just been wandering around dying while getting money, getting slightly better at the game, and trying to get that damn heirloom, but I don’t know what the goal is here.

The goal was spelled out for you by the nameless knight the first time you went in. You have to find and vanquish the "king's children." See those six portraits above the golden door? Those are the six main bosses of each area that you must defeat to proceed.

So yes, looking for the boss is supposed to be your goal. Still, "trying to get that damn heirloom" is a great short-term goal. You want as many heirlooms as possible - sometimes you'll need them to progress!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've been thinking about how much it means for Xenoblade 3 to be a sequel to both Xenoblade 1 and 2. Because my approach to how i anticipate and eventually play this game honestly feels much different compared to if it was just standalone Xenoblade 3 (which it technically is but you know what i mean here). Setting aside the fact that Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game of all time, even with my reasonable expectations, i feel like the simple fact of directly tying it to 1 and 2 makes my usual expectations higher. The fact that it's a 3 even moreso.

Third entry curse time?

YES I GOT AN HEIRLOOM!

…notice how I said an heirloom and not the heirloom. I got the momentum heirloom which allows me to dash in the air (which seems very nice). Unfortunately, all this one involved was some super easy platforming… that the definitely didn’t design around you having access to the ranger’s platform ability. But the one I kept dying trying to get is the empathy heirloom, so I’m not quite satisfied yet.

8 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Third entry curse time?

It's technically the fourth entry.

...actually it's technically the fifth entry.

But nah, i ain't worried about that. Monolith Soft has long earned my faith.

Tho if we're looking at trilogy cycles just for fun, people are saying it'd be the other one. The one where the first entry is the beloved classic, the second is the divisive sequel and the third one is the best one.

Heh, a trait that doubles your money but you die in one hit? Why I am not surprised. Likely this came with a ranger, so I can still fight a bit.

Good news, the boss randomly generated right next to the starting room! Now obviously, I’m not gonna fight it because lol, one HP then again, Ruben did no-hit it. This is a good thing because the boss door is surrounded by two chests, both of which have gold bags in them, which means I basically just got a free 600 gold. Nice.

NOOOO, I HAD A CHARACTER AND RNG SOME FINDS PERFECT FOR AN ATTEMPT AT THE HEIRLOOM, BUT ACCIDENTALLY FELL INTO THAT PLACE YOU NEED A LANTERN TO EXPLORE NOOO

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

YES I GOT AN HEIRLOOM!

…notice how I said an heirloom and not the heirloom. I got the momentum heirloom which allows me to dash in the air (which seems very nice). Unfortunately, all this one involved was some super easy platforming… that the definitely didn’t design around you having access to the ranger’s platform ability. But the one I kept dying trying to get is the empathy heirloom, so I’m not quite satisfied yet.

Good work! Dashing in the air is an ability that will come in handy more than a couple times.

Empathy is the Lore Heirloom, basically. You need it to talk to blue balls. Do try to nab it when you can.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Heh, a trait that doubles your money but you die in one hit? Why I am not surprised. Likely this came with a ranger, so I can still fight a bit.

I love this trait. I can never do very well with it, but it's always fun to try.

Good news, the boss randomly generated right next to the starting room!

Ahahahaha... Okay, that's absolutely amazing. Don't think I've ever seen world gen quite this insane.

Now obviously, I’m not gonna fight it because lol, one HP then again, Ruben did no-hit it.

I mean, do you want to hear how many attempts it took? Even though he's one of the easiest bosses in the game...

This is a good thing because the boss door is surrounded by two chests, both of which have gold bags in them, which means I basically just got a free 600 gold. Nice.

Yeah, that's the cool thing about boss rooms. In some biomes, at least. This one's one of them.

Just now, Sooks said:

NOOOO, I HAD A CHARACTER AND RNG SOME FINDS PERFECT FOR AN ATTEMPT AT THE HEIRLOOM, BUT ACCIDENTALLY FELL INTO THAT PLACE YOU NEED A LANTERN TO EXPLORE NOOO

loool

There's two layers of breakable gate separating you from the Pishon area. How'd you accidentally break both and then fall into the hole?

Oh, well. If you're skilled enough, you could find your way to one of this biome's rooms with teleporters. Y'know, while avoiding the highest-tier enemies in the game in the dark. Good luck!