Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually cannot tell the difference.

Watch a game that runs both (for example: KH2FM on PS2 and KH2 on PS4) and you can see the run speed difference of 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Watch a game that runs both (for example: KH2FM on PS2 and KH2 on PS4) and you can see the run speed difference of 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

I mean if you put it side by side I guess but when I'm actually playing, I cannot tell the difference.

That's why I don't really care if a game runs at 30 or 60. Feel pretty blessed that I don't have to worry about that shit tbh.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean if you put it side by side I guess but when I'm actually playing, I cannot tell the difference.

That's why I don't really care if a game runs at 30 or 60. Feel pretty blessed that I don't have to worry about that shit tbh.

It's much easier to tell when it's the exact same game just running at 2X speed basically,

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

It's less speed and more smoothness

Unless game ties speed to framerate, in which case they dum dum

Well, the choppiness kinda slows things down, making every action seem slower than they should be.

Don't hold your breath too long. XD

Ah, Codename S.T.E.A.M., I so wanted to get that game.

It was basically League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in video game form with a Victorian Steampunk setting where you fought against Lovecraftian horrors... complete with a mecha! And the Second Mexican Empire was still around! What wasn't to love on that.

Shame the game itself didn't sold enough. Its wings were clipped before it could truly soar high... *sigh*

On 7/7/2022 at 10:24 AM, Armagon said:

Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-Preview_20220707_

Will say tho that the main menu UI looks bland as fuck, where's the personality of Xenoblade 2 and Torna's menus? Why are we going back to Xenoblade 1/X where it's just a pop up.

Minor complaint, not an actual huge issue, but c'mon. Made up with being able to shortcut selections tho.

Alright so turns out that's something else. This is what the main menu UI actually looks like

FXJiDN7WIAEO1mG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah i definitely prefer this. It's got the same elements as the built-in UIs the characters have.

Also Stardust Crusaders lol.

5 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Yeah, secondaries have been a little hit or miss, though I've been using pretty basic ones so far. The Sentry has it's uses as a target and AoE, but the hammer doesn't see much use and Peach's grenade attack had it's uses with the boss but because I feel like I've hit a core team it'll take a while to force myself to use a different bunch I suspect.

Sentry's basically the only one that's much memorable. Doesn't help that nobody has unique specials, they recycle them for two characters. It's why I'm really not sad about them being gone. Sparks look like much more interesting and creative abilities.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well, I'm glad for you. I'm not one of those "GOTTA PLAY AT 1000 FPS" dudes, but 30 is definitely a rather noticeable downgrade from 60 for me.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Alright so turns out that's something else. This is what the main menu UI actually looks like

FXJiDN7WIAEO1mG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah i definitely prefer this. It's got the same elements as the built-in UIs the characters have.

Also Stardust Crusaders lol.

Its a bit difficult to read the games though.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Its a bit difficult to read the games though.

Screenshot is low res, it's probably easier to read in the actual game.

Only Kaga would give you three literal generics to replace your armor knights if you lose any of them in a specific map. They don't stay, which makes me profoundly sad.

To be fair, though, it does make sense. It's a map with very strict deployment. Without those armors, a vital front of the map would be completely undefended, so the replacements were needed.

...Still wish they just stayed, though. They don't even have character descriptions, they're so generic!

10 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I find Codename S T E A M to be kinda rough and I never progressed far with it.

I knew Nintendo would get in to PC gaming at some point.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Glad I'm not the only one. The amount of times I've talked about barely noticing a difference between 30 and 60 and people look at me like I'm the weird one.

You know the few times I've noticed the difference, it's always been a negative experience. 60 FPS blends grossly if you ask me, it's too smooth and just makes me nauseous.

...Granted that was for games that aren't supposed to run at 60 Frames and were forced to externally.

Remember that "favorite characters by class" thing we did about a year ago?

I remembered about it earlier today, and I thought, hey, there have been developments since we did that thing. I'd say it's about time for an update. So here it is, if anybody cares to get a refresher on Objectively Cool Folksâ„¢ as per Saint "Ruben" Rubenio's Objectively Correct Standardsâ„¢.

https://images2.imgbox.com/07/7b/nbMg2JzW_o.png

Man cropping out the Vestaria 2 characters was tedious

A good few of these are still the same. I'm still not particularly fond of myrmidons. I still had to go looking for a rad pegasus in a fangame. Anakin is still the coolest unit ever. Hanneman is still there, even though he's a filthy Fodlander. I am still beyond mad at Koei for what they did. I will never forgive them. If ever I find myself holding the hand of a Koei employee while they hang from a cliff, I will let them drop. No mercy for the wicked. Burn. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn. Graaaahhhaaarrrrh. Rar.

Aaaanyway, compared to last year, the following changes have taken place:

- Charlotte and Benny have been kicked out of "couples" in favor of Alex and Hesty. These two together are the definition of cute. The chance of Kaga chickening out here is high, but... seriously, the energy between them is so great the game even lampshades it at one point. It's beautiful. Best couple in any of these stupid games. Not that that's saying much. Romance isn't this series's forte, and I'm not the kind to get particularly invested in the art of shipping. Funny how this is the second time Kaga's managed to make me. It's like he can actually write a decent romance when he's not bending over backwards trying to make one of the parties involved a victim, related to the other party and/or underaged. Or straight.

- Gram's been kicked out of "weapon" in favor of Karajan's prf, because of course. I mean, come now. 2-3 range brave nosferatu that grants +1 move when held? Is that the most amazing piece of weaponry in the history of mankind or what?

- Leif leaves "lord" to Ward. At the time I hesitated to throw Endgame Ready Beard here because he's not your typical FE MC, but... Honestly, he has enough scenes, screentime, sidequests and even some small arcs to himself to be called one. I like Leif's development as much as anyone else, but I'm partial to Ward's humanity and his more empathetic, emotional approach, contrasting Reese's inflexibility and practicality. And the beard, of course.

- Gregor take "mercenary" over for pink hair girl that likes the other girls. Gregor is goodest man in Waking. Is like, how you say, flatulence. Rooben like.

- FE6 was my second FE, and Raigh was the very first character I ever truly called my favorite. I've used him in all but one of my FE6 runs (of which there are a LOT, I unlocked Zephiel legit back in the day), and the one where I didn't use him was my second ever. It was a failure and I took it as a sign that I should always use Raigh. To this day, one of the characters I feel fondest of, and the place where my preference for dark mages began.

The fact that I hesitated exactly zero seconds before I knocked him out for Karajan speaks volumes of the guy. Where has this guy been the entire series? Every single second of screentime this magnificent imbecile has is a laugh. He almost matches the almighty Garon in that respect. And he's a hilarious unit, in all the right ways. And he has the theme. I love him so much.

- Last time, I replaced "manaketes" with "soldier" because there isn't a single manakete anywhere I care about. There's Feeler from Sword of Heaven and Earth, that one I'm fond of, but... ehhh, now there's Bertoullia, who isn't a manakete, but y'know what, close enough. Vestaria Saga 2's best girl deserves some manner of recognition.

- Haitaka moves to "other", which now fulfills its original purpose that I completely missed the first time in my rush to put Garon there. He's still better than the entire cast of Fates.

- I made a special spot for Garon. How could I leave Garon out? C'mon. Leaving Garon out of best character lists is like seeds, or something.

Tl;dr: I've added four characters nobody knows yet in order to create more hype for Vestaria 2. You have all fallen into my trap in American. Also Gregor. Fuck you Koei.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's one more beard lol. Hell, if you count Benny's soul patch, I removed a beard!

But Ward is the beardiest of em all

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I should probably stay away. Me contributing to a Foldan-focused CYOA would end in disaster.

It wouldn't be Fodlan focused that's the thing