• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

If only the whole game was like C route

I kinda agree, their group had potential and the humor was great, making scenes fun and energetic. 

Their team synergy gameplay wise was fine as well, and not totally gamebreaking (sans CB, ofc)

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can see it, hahahaha.

I wish I couldn't, karajo.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

I wonder how much of this kind of artwork the game will have.

Ah, Orphelia. Orphelia's great in a really subtle way. While her role is expanded in VS2, she's still just kind of in the sidelines in both games; but this means she has also escaped Kaga's bad habits so far, a truly remarkable feat for a Vestarian woman. Really hope the fact that she's getting teasers like this doesn't mean she's becoming more relevant... And thus more Kagable. That's a word Acacia might find rather amusing lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Certainly an interesting happenstance for us Spanish speakers he have to had that name. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

VEGytrS.png

So Jeralt is atleast 300 years old huh. I was guessing more 200 myself

Imagine living for 300 hundred years just to get your Wikipedia article edited from is to was by a stab from a clown.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Certainly an interesting happenstance for us Spanish speakers he have to had that name. lol

Cada vez que Kaga arruina un personaje femenino con sus fetiches puedo decir "la Kagasteeeee"

And chapter 1 out. I wonder what people will pick hmmm

I already know what Ruben will

How dare you presume to know my answer ahead of time. I am not a Fates character with my one character trait, I am a human being. A person, with feelings, emotions, inconsistencies. You could never figure me out. Never.

HEADTONOHRHEADTONOHRHEADTONOHRHEADTONOHRHEADTONOHR

VEGytrS.png

Not gonna lie, that's a pretty good line.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HEADTONOHRHEADTONOHRHEADTONOHRHEADTONOHRHEADTONOHR

I didn't voted based on that, but now that you reminded me...

Now I'm picturing that instead of what actually could happen, we instead see Garon and Jeralt sharing some drinks while trading dad tips or something. XD

I mean, if this is actually before Corrin's kidnapping, then it would truly be Garon and not Gooron.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I didn't voted based on that, but now that you reminded me...

Now I'm picturing that instead of what actually could happen, we instead see Garon and Jeralt sharing some drinks while trading dad tips or something. XD

I mean, if this is actually before Corrin's kidnapping, then it would truly be Garon and not Gooron.

"Rebellions are like seeds, Jeralt. One must salt the earth before they sprout."

"What are you saying, Garon?"

"...Maybe Byleth doesn't want to eat his vegetables because they taste bland?"

"Oh..."

As an aside, I've always headcanon that it was the planned meeting in Cheve between Garon and Sumeragi that prompted Anankos to do the kill and replace and then the kill and kidnap stunt. After all, his plans rely on both countries being hostile to each other, so if they instead are taking steps to patch things up, then that would be no bueno. And what better way to sow discord than to completely ruin that.

Which brings an interesting What-If. What if Sumeragi had been the one replaced? Instead of using Nohr and their grievances of Hoshido being a bountiful land... he instead makes Hoshido go ultra-elitist in their "we won't share our stuff with you, Nohrian scum!" attitude.

Just now, Shrimpy said:

I mean, i always thought that was canon, no?

Well, it's not outright stated, so who knows. But yeah, it does seem like what makes most sense.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The first true summer day we've had all year it feels like.

Man June disappointed.

VEGytrS.png

Jeez Jeralt could be 900 years old and we'd never know.

Just now, Awoken Dayni said:

Jeez Jeralt could be 900 years old and we'd never know.

Oh man, now I picture Jeralt and Seteth the ones hitting the pub together. lol

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As an aside, I've always headcanon that it was the planned meeting in Cheve between Garon and Sumeragi that prompted Anankos to do the kill and replace and then the kill and kidnap stunt. After all, his plans rely on both countries being hostile to each other, so if they instead are taking steps to patch things up, then that would be no bueno. And what better way to sow discord than to completely ruin that.

That's a cool theory.

...Doesn't change the fact that Garon's "that wasn't even my best trap" line is utterly ridiculous, and "you are my child now" is a meme. But still. Good effort.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh man, now I picture Jeralt and Seteth the ones hitting the pub together. lol

From one dad to another: The prequel.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a cool theory.

...Doesn't change the fact that Garon's "that wasn't even my best trap" line is utterly ridiculous, and "you are my child now" is a meme. But still. Good effort.

Garon is so kind adopting that poor orphan.

Okay, I've reached the point of doing everything outside The Reach. Including finishing The Companions questline. Well, still got a few loose ends there, but can do them as I go. I've now triggered the proper start of The Dark Brotherhood questline too, which I'll also do in due time. So until next weekend I guess, since as always, now I doubt I'll get to do much through the week, heh.

Managed to take down the troublesome boss without the OHKO technique (the Speed Booster simply doesn't give with me). Still was knocked down to like 2 E Tanks left at most, I would have stood absolutely no chance of winning without Rookie Mode. The miniboss shortly thereafter killed me a few times too, jumping over it it when it rams was difficult.

Surprisingly managed to reach the Omega Cannon room for the purple E.M.M.I. first try, I was certain it was gonna catch me. I also killed it on the first attempt, which did involve jumping over it for a surprisingly easy, but still thrilling kill. The last E.M.M.I. however... anticlimatic. The cool thing had been foreshadowed I suppose, but maybe it could've been integrated better? Looks like all thats left is a Tourian/Impact Crater-styled final area. Remembering how Metroid 2 has the Metroid counter surprisingly increase towards the end leaves me wondering if maybe the bad guy has replicated a few of the murderbots, add a last minute of dread.

The Cross Bombs are new, but seeing how late they've come leaves me wondering what the point to them was as well. Power Bombs -which are tradition- coming dead last but practically worthless. Guess I'll go powerup hunting and gather what I can.

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

As i've continued A Link Between Worlds, i've had an epiphany. You see, a common and dumb critique of Breath of the Wild is "it's a good game but a Zelda game". This is because people think Zelda games must follow a formula and Breath of the Wild's non-linear, scattered dungeons and general freedom is "not Zelda". In simplest terms, it's not a traditional Zelda game. Why am i bringing this up? Because A Link Between Worlds is basically that on a much smaller scale. A Link Between Worlds is (mostly) non-linear due to how it handles items, as you can buy all of them around the start (rent but whatever) and tackle the dungeons in any order. You do not find items like you would normally like in other Zelda games. And every single weapon in the game uses a stamina meter, arguably, ALBW uses stamina more than BotW.

BotW is still different with its emphasis on overworld instead of dungeons, as well as being open-world in general. ALBW is more "traditional", with a clear overworld-dungeon split that doesn't relegate the dungeons to four "normal" ones and a dozens of atomized ones.

Personally, I'm ALBW > BotW by a significant margin. I enjoy the traditional Zelda experience, and given how some of those Zeldas can be overburdened with restrictiveness- Twilight Princess ranking highest on the list, although Wind Waker surprisingly ain't great either for the first 60% or so.

As for the stamina meter, I prefer it over the old magic meter it replaces. The magic meter got chewed through by some of Link's vast SNES magical arsenal, and resource management isn't the funnest thing in a Zelda game.

Blazing through A Link Between Worlds rn. Three of the Seven Sages rescued. 

....guys is it me or have Zelda dungeons always been this short? Has CrossCode really fucked me up that much? Was i really that bad at video games when i was 14?

Anyways i also bought Mario+Rabbids for $5 actually cause turns out i had a spare $5 in my eShop account for some reason.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The miniboss shortly thereafter killed me a few times too, jumping over it it when it rams was difficult.

You can actually skip this one. No glitches.

I'm assuming this is about the Twin Chozobots in Burenia.

The Cross Bombs are new, but seeing how late they've come leaves me wondering what the point to them was as well.

You need them to cross some gaps that you wouldn't be able to with a Ballspark.

Also makes obtaining the Space Jump early easier, although getting it before Space Jump is considered slower iirc.

BotW is still different with its emphasis on overworld instead of dungeons, as well as being open-world in general. ALBW is more "traditional", with a clear overworld-dungeon split that doesn't relegate the dungeons to four "normal" ones and a dozens of atomized ones.

It is but my main point was moreso how both games buck the trend, one just does it on a much grander scale and that's the one that gets called "not a Zelda game" by some.

Edited by Armagon