Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

That is way more impressive.
Putting in the cart it's actually 17:07. Go figure. Memory is off.

So, we're pretty even then!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, mom's going in for physical therapy today.

Here's hoping that's successful and that her medical issues (non-life threatening, thankfully) can finally be resolved.

It's been wearing on her so long that she just needs some resolution.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Here's hoping that's successful and that her medical issues (non-life threatening, thankfully) can finally be resolved.

Here's hoping. I've been waiting on surgery to remove this huge block of mucus that solidified in my sinuses myself. Mind you for a good while we thought it was cancer, so it turning out to be mucus kind of was good news.

19 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Just hope they don't find a way to do physical copies. You know they're thinking it.

They already have lol. It doesn't happen with all games, but there's plenty of games where the physical cartridge/disk has the tiniest portion of the game, and then the rest of it is downloaded automatically through an instant update. No servers, no update. No update, no game. No game, you have a 60$ piece of plastic.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

@twilitfalchion Here's hoping for your mam then!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

3H taugh me that valuable lesson years ago.

Haven't done it with any FE in fairness.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, fuck. Great time to be supporting Ubisoft by purchasing a full retail price game in three months.

I know, it throws me off getting M + R: KB to actually finish it.

How inconsiderate of them.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They already have lol. It doesn't happen with all games, but there's plenty of games where the physical cartridge/disk has the tiniest portion of the game, and then the rest of it is downloaded automatically through an instant update. No servers, no update. No update, no game. No game, you have a 60$ piece of plastic.

That's evolving from older methods.

I remember the disk keys and how losing those was a big problem.

Never mind the ones where they limited the amount of times you could download/install too.

What a joke, when these things get cracked all the time.

Edited by Awoken Dayni

Hey, while I'm here, might as well ask you guys.

Does this sound familiar to any of you, perchance?

5 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Haven't done it with any FE in fairness.

I was a fool once. I'd rather not be a fool twice.

I know, it throws me off getting M + R: KB to actually finish it.

How inconsiderate of them.

I don't think I'll be able to resist buying M&R2. A combination of the game looking absolutely awesome and the dev team being incredibly wholesome and passionate makes it incredibly hard for me to consider punishing them alongside the evil pen pushers sitting pretty above them.

That's evolving from older methods.

I remember the disk keys and how losing those was a big problem.

Never mind the ones where they limited the amount of times you could download/install too.

What a joke, when these things get cracked all the time.

Like I said. When in doubt, apply yar har fiddle dee dee.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Pretty much this. And the idea was being tested in ALBW, tho that game also obviously had ALTP as a major source of inspiration as well. BotW was taking the original idea and expanding it tenfold.

Having problems with BotW is one thing but saying it's "not a Zelda game" just comes off as extremely petty, especially if you still acknowledge that you liked the game. When it comes down to it, I feel that people who say that are just afraid of change. Foundations are good. Building something new is also good.

To clarify, it's fine to prefer the traditional but things that don't conform to that shouldn't just be written off like that, you know?

And it's good to know that change has been present all throughout Zelda history. Ocarina of Time was a major change to the formula, as was A Link to The Past, The Adventure of Link, Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword. To say that all previous Zelda games before BotW offer the same "traditional" experience is just insane. Just the very broad idea of Zelda games where you have a linier set of dungeons that give you items to help you solve those dungeons as well as future ones which feels like an odd line to draw for what counts as traditional or not.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, while I'm here, might as well ask you guys.

The next Assassin's Creed game?

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let's not forget the 2016 Hitman Trilogy, which requires the server to do challenges due to DRM. That's a lot of content in the (singleplayer) games that just disappears the moment they give up the servers. And people wonder why I like old consoles so much.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Afraid not. But I do know that I have a box of commodore 64 games that is blocked off by my neice's crib. I have no idea what's in it because it's not been checked in years. For all I know something in there matches the description. Mind you long odds. There's a lot of commodore 64 games after all.

16 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The next Assassin's Creed game?

"Next"? In the 90s? What, is Ubisoft dabbling in time travel now?

...Then again, isn't AC about time travel? Oh my God, it's actually genius...!

13 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Let's not forget the 2016 Hitman Trilogy, which requires the server to do challenges due to DRM. That's a lot of content in the (singleplayer) games that just disappears the moment they give up the servers. And people wonder why I like old consoles so much.

Yes, it's an age of nasty practices, isn't it. Big corps have the ability to pull dirty tricks like these in order to sell you the games again. Gotta give it to Nintendo, at least they were a little more subtle about it. Nah, they simply go for good ol' reliable nostalgia baiting. Works just as well and doesn't look nearly as evil.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure no indie developer would ever go "y'know what? I'm gonna remove my game from history." They aren't in quite the same position as the big guys, that allows them to do such shitty things. And these people never had anywhere near the exposition they get from modern platforms like Steam. So I can't say I long too hard for the old days, myself.

I know, I know, there goes Ruben shilling indies again, but c'mon. When this is the state of AAA gaming, can you blame me?

13 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Afraid not. But I do know that I have a box of commodore 64 games that is blocked off by my neice's crib. I have no idea what's in it because it's not been checked in years. For all I know something in there matches the description. Mind you long odds. There's a lot of commodore 64 games after all.

Hmmm... Oh, well. Here's hoping the folks at tipofmyjoystick and tipofmytongue have better luck. Perhaps my expectations were too high after they discovered the source of my childhood trauma in a flat 30 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure no indie developer would ever go "y'know what? I'm gonna remove my game from history."

Why do I remember someone threatened it? Phil Fish came to mind but I think I'm wrong.

And of course there's the fallout of Flappy Bird and Nguyen requested it be taken down after that.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, it's an age of nasty practices, isn't it. Big corps have the ability to pull dirty tricks like these in order to sell you the games again. Gotta give it to Nintendo, at least they were a little more subtle about it. Nah, they simply go for good ol' reliable nostalgia baiting. Works just as well and doesn't look nearly as evil.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure no indie developer would ever go "y'know what? I'm gonna remove my game from history." They aren't in quite the same position as the big guys, that allows them to do such shitty things. And these people never had anywhere near the exposition they get from modern platforms like Steam. So I can't say I long too hard for the old days, myself.

I know, I know, there goes Ruben shilling indies again, but c'mon. When this is the state of AAA gaming, can you blame me?

I can't say I do. I'm just saying, when my Nintendo 64 has a bad capacitor I can just get it replaced. When my gamecube has a bad lens... well bad example. I'm having trouble getting a new one lens right now because of supply chain disruption. Point is, the old stuff I have a way of being able to play. Some games in my collection have been around longer than I have and still work just fine. The notion of buying something that could become unplayable because of some developer wanting to grub a few extra pennies from a re-release/remake... that's unpalatable.
Not too fond of the way Nintendo practically scrapped the virtual console of the previous two generations for an online service that is practically renting the games. Besides that my internet connection is increasingly shaky since changes were made here. I'm not paying for an online service that can drop out at any time on me.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... Oh, well. Here's hoping the folks at tipofmyjoystick and tipofmytongue have better luck. Perhaps my expectations were too high after they discovered the source of my childhood trauma in a flat 30 minutes.

I mean, there's like 2000+ games on the Commodore 64 alone... and it's not the only Commodore. Makes the whole bit tricky. You ask for a Nintendo 64 game identified for instance, and there's 296 games between regions. The library size is by all definitions massive. Wikipedia had to split the list into two separate articles due to size.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hope it goes well.

54 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Just the very broad idea of Zelda games where you have a linier set of dungeons that give you items to help you solve those dungeons as well as future ones which feels like an odd line to draw for what counts as traditional or not.

It's more about the expectation i suppose. But even then, if it's different than what you expected, but still enjoyed it, then it shouldn't be a "good x but bad y".

7 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Not too fond of the way Nintendo practically scrapped the virtual console of the previous two generations for an online service that is practically renting the games.

I will say the irony of this is that ten years ago people were very much asking for the latter. Not saying you were, i just mean generally.

Do Fiora's arts like, not multiply damage properly? Double Blade apaprantly does 3x from behind, but it hardly does more than her basic attack. So im assuming it doesnt work right, haha.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Do Fiora's arts like, not multiply damage properly? Double Blade apaprantly does 3x from behind, but it hardly does more than her basic attack. So im assuming it doesnt work right, haha.

Depends on weapon equipped and stats I suppose.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

When her basic attack is deal 10,000, should Double Blade really be dealing less?

Man, I actually don't know much when it comes to damage numbers in JRPGs. I just like seeing the big numbers.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man, I actually don't know much when it comes to damage numbers in JRPGs. I just like seeing the big numbers.

Well if her arts don't work properly, that might explain why she is only "decent" at best. (balance wise)

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Also character wise

if you mean

Spoiler

after she is revived, the story at that point takes a total dive imo. They tried too hard to force her back into the story, killing the others chars screen time.