Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Just played through The Adventure of Link! Well, me and my brother together but still.

I have such an odd relationship with that game. I really like the game and aesthetics.. but I feel like the level up system is a bit of a hindrance to the game's design and could have been better if experience saved. But at the same time I like it enough that I bought Battle of Olympus on the NES because I saw it was a really similar game and I still wanted more.
And seeing as I'm not getting more in the mainline Zelda series.... it was a perfect fit. In some ways I'd like to play Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon to see more 2D platformer Zelda.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I thought if you wasted your key at the bottom door here in the wrong way, you were stuck:

eea56ca1f7b5ac7cb7c84cd7e8e65e0b.png

No, it isn't a softlock, you just have to find an extra key from a optional area past a bombable wall in that dungeon if you do.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Toothpaste save us from Fodlan discourse already

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

This just encourages me to not play any FE at launch more

I feel like I need a quick run down as I haven't bought Three Hopes yet due to being burnt out on Musou after Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors and Age of of Calamity.
I can 100% DK64 in four gameplay sessions, and people think that game's a completionist's nightmare. I actually gave up on the goal of hitting the level cap with all the characters in these games and settled for reaching a point I could beat everything instead.

18 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I have such an odd relationship with that game. I really like the game and aesthetics.. but I feel like the level up system is a bit of a hindrance to the game's design and could have been better if experience saved

It would be fine if you didn't have to restart from the beginning every time you GO (sans the final dungeon)

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

No, it isn't a softlock, you just have to find an extra key from a optional area past a bombable wall in that dungeon if you do.

...i'm gonna have to replay this now. XD

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

This feels like it might be stretching it a bit. Like i can agree but to say that this particular mechanic should still have so much influence is a bit questionable.

The best thing about XC2 combat is i can play my way, there is no "right" way, as in XC.

I meant just in general.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

I think it was 21 hours. It's not a short four sessions. I'm no speed-runner after all. I just had to do something with my time while I was quarantined because of Covid.

Mine:

f130df5137c5244d92245e31fce8e647.png

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Zelda games generally don't let you softlock yourself... unless you play Skyward Sword which had that glitch.

I will note they did release a patch to fix that glitch, as I got trapped by that softlock back in the day.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

Is this digital or what?

Yes, they're preventing you from buying them now and removing them from people's libraries soon.

What I don't know is the reason Ubisoft gave. Never seen it mentioned. If it's because they couldn't deal with their shit DRM (as the Anno 2070 devs are working to remove it for players) that's on them.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Is this digital or what?

Yeah digital. Ubisoft is literally deleting Assassin's Creed Liberation from Steam.....and if you already own it, you will not be able to launch the game after September 1st.

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Yes, they're preventing you from buying them now and removing them from people's libraries soon.

What I don't know is the reason Ubisoft gave. Never seen it mentioned. If it's because they couldn't deal with their shit DRM (as the Anno 2070 devs are working to remove it for players) that's on them.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah digital. Ubisoft is literally deleting Assassin's Creed Liberation from Steam.....and if you already own it, you will not be able to launch the game after September 1st.

Ubisoft singlehandedly validated my concerns about Steam. That some shithead developer could literally go "lol you don't get to play this anymore"
Congrats Ubisoft.

58 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Toothpaste save us from Fodlan discourse already

Too bad the direct was killed for a Xenoblade teaser

59 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

This just encourages me to not play any FE at launch more

3H taugh me that valuable lesson years ago.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Ubisoft shutting down access to single player games from years ago even if you bought them at full price.

...man not even EA got that bad.

...well.

do what you want cause a pirate is free

You are a pirate

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gonna admit I can't find the news. Only about ending multiplayer and online servers.

Could be a hoax then. If someone fibds a credible source, be sure to link it.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

n313tai41wa91.jpg

1dy7whzo92i11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I just had a random thought.

Playable Territorial Rotbart in some future Xeno game...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could be a hoax then. If someone fibds a credible source, be sure to link it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-removing-access-assassins-creed-liberation-hd

IGN claims it appears to be the case... but I don't know if I count IGN as a credible source after some of their reviews.

6 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-removing-access-assassins-creed-liberation-hd

IGN claims it appears to be the case... but I don't know if I count IGN as a credible source after some of their reviews.

No, it is real.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/260210/Assassins_Creed_Liberation_HD/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjJj3qILx-AIV8QjnCh0sYADREAAYASAAEgIptfD_BwE

That said, so it is just for this one game they're removing it?

Hmm, strange. Looking over, the game itself can still be gotten if you buy Assassin's Creed III. But yeah, this move is... quite questionable. Forcing you to buy a different game just to have the content again.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, it is real.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/260210/Assassins_Creed_Liberation_HD/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjJj3qILx-AIV8QjnCh0sYADREAAYASAAEgIptfD_BwE

That said, so it is just for this one game they're removing it?

Hmm, strange. Looking over, the game itself can still be gotten if you buy Assassin's Creed III. But yeah, this move is... quite questionable. Forcing you to buy a different game just to have the content again.

It's scummy. Just disgusting flat out. Someone at Ubisoft needs to be given a reality check. I'd propose a boycott, but the catch is the amount of ubisoft games I buy is low to begin with.