Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me at 35+ hours is feeling that 10/10 more and more but the true question for me is does it top Xenoblade 2. A question I still do not have the answer too

That answer for me it gonna be no so far haha

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Embrace the horniness, IO

Horny Ok GIF - Horny Ok 86Eighty Six Anime - Discover & Share GIFs

Oh, I have.😆 I'm not exactly adventurous in searching the web for smut (which can be said in general for my interests, I don't often go out of my comfort zone, I should do it more), but I do look for aesthetically-"anime" junk.

...I'll spare you any cropped/covered images this time. I've already done it once this week, that's more than enuf.😛

I also watched someone eat placenta today -an ancient Roman cheesecake.

Then there was me bumping into a study from last year saying half of the 10% of gamers who identify as LGBTQ+ hide their identity while playing online games. Of those who are out in the online multiplayer gaming world, 88% have been harassed. And according a survey, that 45% of the 10% of all gamers who are queer, said they discovered their sexual/gender identity via video games (more so among the older generations than the younger ones).

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

He is bro but like not in the way Reyn was, if that makes sense. But like Reyn, he is a meathead.

"I'll use my thinking muscle for this one" -Lanz

Oh, I get you. I've sampled the trope and paid attention to it enough times to realize that not all bros are the same.

Reyn might've had a bulky physique and tank role, but that doesn't have to mean a brash hormonal hothead. Calm, seriousness, and rationality can fit into the trope without issue (though not bookworm/nerdy, I haven't seen that yet. Or maybe I have, it depends on the how wide is the definition of "bro".), although not having those qualities is what one would expect of a more exuberant version of the archetype. Reyn was more in the middle, certainly he could get into the heat of battle, but outside of it, some lingering vital energy in his voice and demeanor, but rather subdued.

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20220730_212741.jpg

This feels busted.

*Notices the skill in question*

Reminds me that Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold had a Troubadour (dedicated buff class) skill called "Reverb". It copied all buffs from one ally onto another, and could even extend the duration by a few turns. It cost between 50-70 TP per use, which was appropriately exorbitant for how good it could be with proper setup. 

This sounds stupid strong by comparison. I'm being reminded of Combat Limbo, the XCX Dual Guns Art that applied Effect Stasis to the user, halting all buff durations until the Effect Stasis buff itself wore off. Combat Limbo had a heaping 120 second cooldown without upgrades IIRC, for what is basically a limited reapplication of existing buffs on the user. That sounded balanced, this does not.

Speaking of XCX, Myopic Screen is a name carryover I see. I recall Doug shouting it, so... Raygun I think, definitely purple/debuff, and I believe it inflicted Blackout.

41 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Im sorry i just don't like it so far. Xd

The rifts in the Xenoharmony are opening. 

Which is fine, differing opinions are to be accepted. I've already expressed my mixed feelings on Albedo.😀

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The rifts in the Xenoharmony are opening. 

Which is fine, differing opinions are to be accepted. I've already expressed my mixed feelings on Albedo

Well sure, there isnt anything wrong with not liking his character. 

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

The Ice tribe represents the Natives desperate trying to cling on to some form of autonomy with Felicia representing the Natives who converted to Christianity and think their own people to be heathens.

The barely mentioned or developed excuse of the war against Hoshido being about taking control of resources they have represents the United States’ desires to take/control oil in the Middle East. The fact that it barely comes up and everyone just brushed that detail to the side seems like awful writing, but is actually an allegory for how the U.S. acts like it’s military efforts all have to do with protecting their freedoms or whatever and nothing else.

4 hours ago, ping said:

Iago... I don't think he has much of an own agenda beyond "make Corrin suffer because ???", so I don't think lobbyist is the best fit.

That’s not necessarily true, Iago could be a gun rights lobbyist and Corrin could be an everyday citizen, Iago could be an anti-abortion rights lobbyist (those do exist right?) and Corrin could be an everyday citizen, Imago could be a lobbyist for big pharmaceutical companies and Corrin could be an everyday citizen, etc.

Man, so, I did most of the Thieves' Guild remaining stuff. Did enough radiant quests to unlock the reputation quests. Did three of them, but left the last one because I need to do something first before it. Said something was actually the Main/Daedric quest, so I went through Alftand into Blackreach and... oh my, that place. Why couldn't it have a world-map with fast travel markers @_@. Hunting down all the Crimson Ninroot was... ugh. Also fought the dragon that's down there. How it got there in the first place... I suppose they can fit in the lifts, barely. Anyway, for convenience's sake I used all three lifts, got the Elder Scroll, and went out. But before actually heading to the Throat of the World, I went over to do the Daedric Quest. Which meant finding Mer corpses to extract their blood. Alftand itself has four of the five, but... going through it again is a pain, so I went to Liar's Retreat, which also has four of the five. The last one, Altmer... well, that's where the Thieves' Guild reputation quest I held off comes in handy, since the Summerset Shadows are an all-Altmer gang. So, I turned that in, as well as finishing the last Daedric quest. Though as I mentioned long before, I already got the achievement thanks to that unintentional exploit.

At this point, I'm gonna go ahead and continue with the Thieves' Guild questline. Once that's done, I might do the next Main Quest, and after that I'll do the Dark Brotherhood questline. Or after doing Season Unending. I'm actually tempted to do that one. I never did when I played the Legendary Edition, so I might actually do it. So long I do it properly, I won't miss out on the War Hero achievement. But well, that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The games A.I doesnt feel very reliable. Like, they heal and such way too slowly. 

Bro I swear I must be playing a different copy cause I have not had any problems with the AI whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That sounded balanced, this does not.

The balance is that, despite what I just told Lightcosmo, it is probably the one class the AI can't use very well.

That or Lanz, despite being the class's inheritor, sucks in the role. I had to swap him back to the other healer role I had on him prior so he would stop dying.

But yeah, it's probably busted.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Another thing, the acting is... Eh imo

Alright see I kinda feel like this is just being a contrarian at this point. You're like the one guy in the whole internet I've seen say the voice acting isn't that good.

(This is not putting down your opinion FYI, I am merely making observations).

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

*cries*

...thank you! Xd

Yeah, sorry. I almost never notice when someone stops posting until they announce their return... or someone else brings up they've stopped posting.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alright see I kinda feel like this is just being a contrarian at this point. You're like the one guy in the whole internet I've seen say the voice acting isn't that good.

(This is not putting down your opinion FYI, I am merely making observations).

So... What's the point of saying this, exactly?

It sounds like it bothers you that i feel that way.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So... What's the point of saying this, exactly?

It sounds like it bothers you that i feel that way.

It doesn't bother me, I just like saying things.

Like I do think it's curious you feel that you don't like the voice acting but it's also not that deep.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like I do think it's curious you feel that you don't like the voice acting but it's also not that deep.

When it comes to things like emotional portrayal, I think they are lacking quite a bit, and thats an instance where it needs to "feel" impactful, otherwise the scene doesnt feel quite right to me.

Curious: what do you mean? Why would that seem that way to you?

Like... The person that voices Rean does fine in CS 1 and 2, but in 3 and 4 he sounds like a robot just reading the script where emotion is needed, and it makes scenes awkward to me. I dunno how to explain it really. Lmao

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious: what do you mean? Why would that seem that way to you?

You ever get curious when someone dislikes something where the general consensus is that it's good? Basically that, which is why I'm saying it's not that deep. 

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

https://i.imgur.com/bxvRIug.jpg

Saving this.

6 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I feel mixed about saying Putin specifically, mostly because Russia as a state is doing enough of the playing along with other nations, as can be seen in several ongoing wheeling and dealing as the war goes on at the present (see India buying a significant amount of gas), not to mention it's own prominence in world power over the years.

If you want to make the comparison how he acted towards Chechnya in his first years as premier could be compared.

That's fair enough. Honestly Kotaro could represent many things as the leader of a smaller authoritarian government trying to get support from America

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

The barely mentioned or developed excuse of the war against Hoshido being about taking control of resources they have represents the United States’ desires to take/control oil in the Middle East. The fact that it barely comes up and everyone just brushed that detail to the side seems like awful writing, but is actually an allegory for how the U.S. acts like it’s military efforts all have to do with protecting their freedoms or whatever and nothing else.

I hate how much sense this is actually starting to make.

Anakos represents climate change as an ever approaching threat that protestors like Corrin and Azura talk about but are ignored by the nations of the world. The way Anakos possess Garon represents how American oil companies benefit off of the climate change hoax myth by funding research that goes against the idea of global warming, and so they can continue to profit off of oil wells and the wars in the Middle East.

Edited by GuardianSing

Speaking of voice acting, I just found out that the guy who voices XB3's Rean is the same as my favorite character from The Last Kingdom

RIP Aethelwold, you'll always be the true king

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also watched someone eat placenta today

Wha-

-an ancient Roman cheesecake.

Oh, great. I hope it tastes better than what I imagined.

Then there was me bumping into a study from last year saying half of the 10% of gamers who identify as LGBTQ+ hide their identity while playing online games. Of those who are out in the online multiplayer gaming world, 88% have been harassed.

Understandable. I've seen people insults being thrown around firsthand all the time I've played MMOs. Which was a good part of my youth.

Edited by Newtype06

Reached Ch.7 in Xenoblade 3. I think I'm getting close to the endgame now but I've no idea how many chapters there actually are. At least 10 probably cause we've never had any shorter than that.

I'm just wary of looking up "how many chapters in Xenoblade 3" and immediately getting spoiled by the finale haha.

Edited by Armagon

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The games A.I doesnt feel very reliable. Like, they heal and such way too slowly. 

Yeah support Ai kinda sucks. Other roles are fine, but i noticed during harder battles i gotta control healers myself

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Anakos represents climate change as an ever approaching threat that protestors like Corrin and Azura talk about but are ignored by the nations of the world. The way Anakos possess Garon represents how American oil companies benefit off of the climate change hoax myth by funding research that goes against the idea of global warming, and so they can continue to profit off of oil wells and the wars in the Middle East.

The entire mechanic of putting in a ton of effort to get S-supports for children and then them completely disappearing into the deep realms until they’re old enough to fight in your army, without any sort of acknowledgment that one of your characters was pregnant, gave birth, or the time they spent with their child, represents how conservatives in the United States and the Supreme Court will fight tooth and nail against abortion to “protect children” but do not give a shit about doing anything to actually help them after they’re born (like protecting the planet they live on, making it harder for people to bring guns into the schools they attend, etc.) and refuse to acknowledge the consequences that forcing someone through a pregnancy can have on them or even remotely attempt to support said mothers or their children. Once the children are grown enough to fight, they suddenly pop up in the story, because the U.S. now actually “cares about them” as they can go fight and die so the government can gain money and resources. This is likely why paralogues are some of the best maps for gaining money and useful items.

8 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

Sir, you spend too much time worshiping Chaos.

Sir, you haven't paid close enough attention. Cookies, not chaos. 🥰 Sweet, delicious cookies of heresy. Covered in chocolate and firm refusal of any wannabe imperial's power.

8 hours ago, BrightBow said:

He's kinda mediocre as a character.

Hey, that's kinda offensive!

Very fun to fight, though.

Um... I'm not that physically imposing, to be honest. So unless you're a bully who enjoys picking on the weak, I don't think this is true.

I like how it's not just some dumb 1 on 1 against Faye.

Well, yeah, I'd probably try to get some help if some madman would want to fight me.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait... What?

In truth, Wraith just has proven to be deadly afraid of hereticalarmless cookies.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for this. I was literally just playing Civ 5 (I got it during the Steam summer sale) with the Dutch minutes ago!🤣 A hot-wet Continents Plus on Immortal, I finished researching the tech for Polders ...the very same turn Mongolia suddenly backstabbed me and was ready to steal my helpless second city.😑

I keep returning to Civ 5, but it keeps frustrating me and I rarely finish any runs. Either the map is too cramped to start, or I get a warred on by someone with a bazillion units eventually. There was...

That sounds reminiscent of my own Civ5 experiences on Immortal, to be honest. I either get get swarmed by an aggressive neighbor (I still have PTSD from one game that started great, partitioning the Mongols between myself and Rome, just to have Rome backstab me and invade with approximately 40 Trebuchets) or I play overly careful and there's some Korea or Babylon runaway civ on the other side of the world. I've come to accept that I'm probably just an Emperor scrub (ironic, given my totally serious feud with Wraith, I know). 😐

The secret to Polder Paradise is to play on the Sandstorm map script, by the way. You won't get Desert Faith unless you're insanely lucky (I think it went the turn after I finished my shrine, and I got Pottery four turns early thanks to a tech goodie hut), but there's a good chance that you'll spawn on a river through a desert.

•  The amazingly good (Fountain of Youth, Mt. Sinai, and Lake Victoria were all in the "new world") Polynesia Terra map run where China seized my capital. I really shouldn't have deleted the initial map save.
  • Another Poly-Terra attempt (no barbarians to make it easier) where Ethiopia sent a Great Prophet against the only city of my founded religion. 
  • The Rainforest Brazil run where the Dutch invaded me in the lategame. (This is my fault, jungle really does kill your Production, I should've sacrificed a few of my many Brazilwood Camps and cleared a few jungle hills.)
  • I have an Arboreal Celts run where I've been able to settle next to El Dorado (I found it first for the 500 Gold), the Rock of Gibraltar, Uluru, and I'm pretty sure there is one more Natural Wonder over the sea where I can settle -except Suleiman is angry and I need to go back like 40-60 turns and build a galleass navy and a few more ground troops against his bloated ship-stealing fleet if I want to survive. It's so good that I refuse to delete this run.
  • And lastly, there is the Emperor Fractal Egypt playthrough where I got a nice start on an isolated continent and built three cities, with a little save scumming, I was able to build every Tourism-oriented Wonder except the Parthenon (I took the Oracle instead) and Uffizi (never had a chance), but at turn 400 I stood basically no chance of winning a Cultural Victory against Hiawatha and Alexander (who won the World's Fair by a landslide), and Shaka sent an unending navy at me if very sinkable with a few nuclear submarines.
  • All my attempts at Domination fail in some way before I've even taken a single city. Where does one find the time to build enough up to date units and yet not end up with negative Gold? I tried the Huns, and yet Portugal my "easy" neighbor was able to reach over 20 City Strength and my two Battering Rams couldn't handle it.

(2) Yeah, religion game can be really annoying. The only way to defend against the inevitable Great Prophet sent against you without declaring war (including the "everybody hates you" part) is to indefinitely block him with your own units or banked up great people.

(3) Jungle being a dead tile for the city itself (only enough food to feed the pop itself that is working it and no production) makes any Jungle bias a really rough start. Good job getting to the lategame.

(5) Tourism is rough even on Emperor, yes. You kinda need all the bonuses you can get - world religion and/or ideology from the congress (the latter can be doable if you're first to get one), trade routes and open borders with everybody, and probably some Great Musicians to get one-time tourism boosts with any big culture civ. With all the culture bonuses that the AI gets on higher difficulties, its "defensive tourism" really is a mountain to climb.

(6) The earliest reasonable point to attack a neighbor is at Crossbows, imo. Comp bows can work on Emperor if you have a weak neighbor, but I doubt that it can work on Immortal. For that reason, I'd actually point towards England (3-range crossbows) or China (Logistics on their crossbows, which also basically doubles their XP gain) for "early" conquest. Plus, with how Civ5's tech works (extremely centralised on your capital, plus the increased tech/culture cost for additional cities), you actually shoot yourself in the foot if you expand too aggressively too early, so the big KILL ALL THE AI push shouldn't come too early, anyway. Basically, killing one neighbor with Crossbows is very helpful, but you might actually wait until the modern era to continue. The happiness boosts in the ideologies (I like to go Commie for domination games) really helps, too.

Anyway, that's enough smartassery from the scrub who plays on Emperor :lol:

Karajan must have been really confused when Sjarta just randomly went and stabbed him. Poor guy just keeps getting bullied by kids. :lol:

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

https://i.imgur.com/bxvRIug.jpg

I don't know what that gacha illustration has to do with anything, but I do agree with the general sentiment.
titania_en.png