Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, you don't burn a witch. First, you tie them by the neck to a tree branch, a tree branch hanging over a river. Then you light the branch on fire, the fire spreads down the rope and simultaneously destroys the branch, atop which a large boulder has been placed. Thus, the witch is suffocated, incinerated, crushed and drowned (not that witch should, but they somehow do) all at once. You don't have to worry about picking the right form of execution this way!

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs | Sutori

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

save the witch, burn the princess

But what if it's a Witch Princess?

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

48 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

It's his second biggest problem with the game

Reveal hidden contents

There are some valid critiques here. "Why didn't bossman send his entire squad to clown on the heroes" is not one of them, that's like 99% of villains ever.

49 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

The other problem

Don't let him play Xenoblade X, he will violently combust.

Wild part is the explanations are there, they just aren't explicitly stated. Not that there aren't things that aren't explained but honestly, I feel like some people just lacked media literacy when playing 3.

47 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

More like the game was afraid to be too connected to XBC1/2. It's more a standalone game to it's own detriment.

Eh, tbf, Takahashi said up front you could play this as your first game no problem. The connections are still more thematic. 

I think the problem is some people set themselves up expecting Xenoblade Avengers and criticize the game for what it isn't (not saying you do this, I just mean generally). This isn't a fault of the game.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think the problem is some people set themselves up expecting Xenoblade Avengers and criticize the game for what it isn't (not saying you do this, I just mean generally). This isn't a fault of the game.

Tbf

the game was advertized as kinda Xenoblade avengers ya know xD

9 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

save her with fire

Sooooo have her get arrested despite her high status, placed on the bonfire, and then cue the miracle that saves her life and leaves the crowd of onlookers either fleeing in fear or dead. At  which point she emerges from the flames charred, but alive. She then realizes there is no going back to her old life, and instead accepts her new existence as a witch? The witch is saved, the princess is no more.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Why didn't bossman send his entire squad to clown on the heroes" is not one of them, that's like 99% of villains ever.

I did once make a list of failed opportunities where Nergal could've succeeded in FE7. I forget, but I think it was like seven missed chances total?

Arrogance, even by the supposedly emotionless and calculating, is a villain trait par excellence.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sooooo have her get arrested despite her high status, placed on the bonfire, and then cue the miracle that saves her life and leaves the crowd of onlookers either fleeing in fear or dead. At  which point she emerges from the flames charred, but alive. She then realizes there is no going back to her old life, and instead accepts her new existence as a witch? The witch is saved, the princess is no more.

like a phoenix reborn!

30 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I am a witch no mikata fam

Burn The Witch | Anime, Animes wallpapers, Manga

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Be sure to include at least one male witch. And, he shall have a familiar, his very first diabolic minion, that he summoned from the netherworld when he was approximately 11 or 12. I leave you to decide the circumstances of their first encounter, but their relationship needs to be a happy one. Furthermore, both of these males shall now be 18+ in age at the start of Witch FE's story, and in a physically intimate relationship. This is shall be a wholesome homo twist on the claims that witches fornicated with the Devil.

Oddly specific

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

One day I will bring forth my "inspired by the Latin American independence movements... but mostly Mexico's because it's the one I know best" FE-esque idea into a reality...

That way you can also keep the serie's tradition of having villains with Spanish names!

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't let him play Xenoblade X, he will violently combust.

He did play it, and he thinks X is the best Xeno game by far.

1 minute ago, Punished06 said:

That way you can also keep the serie's tradition of having villains with Spanish names!

Pft, though the protagonists would also have Spanish names too.

Well, it's mostly with the bandits, but yeah.

Of course, if I stick with how the actual war here played out, you'd be in the "villain" role before defecting. Yeah, Agustin de Iturbide as the Lord, imagine.

18 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Tbf

the game was advertized as kinda Xenoblade avengers ya know xD

Yeah I don't actually blame anyone for thinking it, I'm talking more about how they let their theories go in too deep.

20220829_233653.jpg

How's this man doing today?

And again, tbf, Takahashi did say you could jump into this. Imagine if Marvel said "yeah you can jump into Avengers Endgame no problem". 

Like I keep saying (hell like Takahashi also said), the conclusion is more thematic and subtle.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Arrogance, even by the supposedly emotionless and calculating, is a villain trait par excellence.

Villains literally never think they'll lose, even at their most incompetent.

Sometimes they never lose *cough* Trails Ouroborus *cough*.

8 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

He did play it, and he thinks X is the best Xeno game by far.

But....but X (explicitly) explains shit even less than 3???

LIke both games give you the context clues don't get me wrong but there's a reason why we desperately want that X2. If the next Xenoblade game isn't that, imma have a nice chat with Takahashi.

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'm not seeing what's specifically the issue admittedly, is it bad at allowing for more range options?

Neither do I. Staves just refuse to have their range changed. They just stop working.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, please feel free to ask anytime!

6 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

gd0uGQT.png

Kek

Kaga not even trying anymore lol

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

@Saint Rubenio I recruited Hanneman as you recommended, along with Manuela, affectively making my army a mage hell for my enemies.

Good. I approve.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Which never bothered me too much.

Not to mention you have infinite free saves if it comes to that.

4 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

SWEET HOME ALABAMA

ok, but this is cute

Yes...

Cute.

Ship more than Zade x Athol anyway

That's an unfair comparison. A rock and the back of Barzelpapa's head is a better ship than Zade x Athol.

KjtRP4i.png

r/nocontext

Ngl he was my favorite in VS1 and this shit completely ruined him.

But at least she has Karajan at her side. He'll protect her from the predator. Karajan Saga 3: Sacred Stick of Bonk.

K4RIqyS.png

lolice-loli.gif

I will only say that I absolutely love how badass this entire backstory is. Y'know, aside from the one tidbit. Bennette is seriously awesome.

4 hours ago, Punished06 said:

Wanna create some for my hack? I promise there won't be anime in it.

I can give you one beardman and you will have to put him in.

3 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Fernando x Bertie OTP?

Yeah. 100%

33 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What would you guys recommend as good fan translations for FE1, FE2, FE3, FE5, FE6, and FE12?

For FE1, my beloved Proyecto Elitista 1 is in English, but I believe there is a better one for this language. Still, do grab the manual from PE. Ignore the thread title, I can confirm the manual at least is complete.

For FE2, PE2 is unfortunately not in English. I've no idea here, sorry.

For FE5, Lil' Manster and it's not even a contest.

For FE6, Gringe's patch is the best and most recent one.

For FE12, there's only ever been one. An attempt was made for a new one, but they never updated it and the only version has issues.

46 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What would you guys recommend as good fan translations for FE1, FE2, FE3, FE5, FE6, and FE12?

The best FE3 translation is in this thread embed here on Serenes.

I think it's even been updated since I last played FE3 myself, actually.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For FE1, my beloved Proyecto Elitista 1 is in English, but I believe there is a better one for this language. Still, do grab the manual from PE. Ignore the thread title, I can confirm the manual at least is complete.

For FE2, PE2 is unfortunately not in English. I've no idea here, sorry.

For FE5, Lil' Manster and it's not even a contest.

For FE6, Gringe's patch is the best and most recent one.

For FE12, there's only ever been one. An attempt was made for a new one, but they never updated it and the only version has issues.

53 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The best FE3 translation is in this thread embed here on Serenes.

I think it's even been updated since I last played FE3 myself, actually.

Phew! That's all done. I'm putting a lot of trust into this computer in hopes that it'll last longer than my other two.

The funniest part was searching the forums for ages looking for that one conversation we had about Genealogy of the Holy War we had months ago.

This was honestly a life savior though, thank you. I still have to get Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn but I'll save dealing with Dolphin for tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Three Houses wants me to pick a student to turn into a dancer but alas does not let me myself become the dancer even though I've been wearing the clothing as soon as I learned it existed.

I know, 'tis a shame.

(Also, not having Singer as an option is a shame with your name now. :P)

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Still, Three Houses had the chance to and just didn't.

That and the game doesn't let you make Byleth or staff your dancer, not even as a NG+ unlock.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even if it was serious, don't worry about it. It happens with everyone here should they stop posting for days. XD

Pfft.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

We still reach +45C temperatures but now only every few days so... yeah, kinda. lol

Where I'm from that temperature would be a sign of the apocalypse.

Least it's getting less hot over there.

6 hours ago, Punished06 said:

This time Scarlet will survive

https://themindedinstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/chronic-pain.jpg

6 hours ago, Benice said:

e0H1d0r.png

Insurers hate this man!

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The newest I could think of for Gaiden was the Artemis patch, but looking further there's also this one that is still pre SoV. I swore there was some Gaiden work being done relating to Project Elitist, but I can't see it.

There's also a patch for BSFE here.

37 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I swore there was some Gaiden work being done relating to Project Elitist, but I can't see it.

There is a Project Elitist 2 that covers gaiden, yes, but it is only in Spanish. It can be found in fireemblemwod.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Boring day at work today. I don't like that. Bit busy means it goes by faster so I can go back home and make a working bloom festal for my hack of pending name.

Ah well. Only 45 more minutes. If I still can't get staff ranges fixed with this third patch, I'll have to give up on the bloom festal and come up with a different idea to replace the now useless torch staff.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will only say that I absolutely love how badass this entire backstory is. Y'know, aside from the one tidbit. Bennette is seriously awesome.

I suppose what bothers me more is that Bennette rejected Roleck's proposal and instead of accepting that, he kept heckling her.

I'm going to assume this was because he was perfectly aware that Bennette wanted to accept and was only refusing for his sake. But this part is probably something that shouldn't have been left ambiguous.

Edited by BrightBow