Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh yeah, the BS games exist. I'll have to check those out as well, I imagine they're an interesting part of FE history.

The maps did get put into NMotE as a side piece you can play but the mechanices changes that tht game has do carry over to those maps, so if you want the original experience (minus the voiced dialogue that is seemingly lost forever) it's BSFE or nothing.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

In other news concerning my Three Houses (almost) blind playthrough...

Reveal hidden contents

The parental figure died, something that took so long I almost forgot this was a Fire Emblem game.

Seriously though, I wish Jeralt stayed alive because he would've made such a cool Jagen.

And I was mostly indifferent to who I was going to have Byleth marry but it seems the game forced my hand and had me pick Marianne, so I'm pretty much committed now.

And while I'd like to predict that there's going to be some big twist where Rhea and the rest of the church turn out to be the real villains, so far the story portrays itself as very black and white, unfortunately.

Also yeah I'm rocking this profile picture now. Still need to find a fitting signature though.

Quick! Someone send me a screenshot of Edelgard saying something stupid! That's not spoilery of course.

Spoiler

Jeralt not being a Jagen was a call I'd like to have seen changed (regardless of his survival), but I won't go into my Issues with the roster design yet. I'm assuming you're with the Black Eagles currently or am I wrong?

As for the Goddess Tower event, no, that doesn't mean you'll marry them. You get that in a separate moment. This is effectively a "Oh, you meet them out and about and they talk a bit" moment of fluff before of course Chapter 9 happens.

No comment.

I'll let someone else find the meme quotes.

• Replies 177.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The maps did get put into NMotE as a side piece you can play but the mechanices changes that tht game has do carry over to those maps, so if you want the original experience (minus the voiced dialogue that is seemingly lost forever) it's BSFE or nothing.

Noted.

Reveal hidden contents

Jeralt not being a Jagen was a call I'd like to have seen changed (regardless of his survival), but I won't go into my Issues with the roster design yet. I'm assuming you're with the Black Eagles currently or am I wrong?

As for the Goddess Tower event, no, that doesn't mean you'll marry them. You get that in a separate moment. This is effectively a "Oh, you meet them out and about and they talk a bit" moment of fluff before of course Chapter 9 happens.

No comment.

Spoiler

The joke is that I joined the Claude squad and couldn't care less about Edelgard

Good thing about the Goddess Tower though, I wanted to see the relationships unfold naturally this run.

Still, why can't the other characters marry each other?

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The joke is that I joined the Claude squad and couldn't care less about Edelgard

Good thing about the Goddess Tower though, I wanted to see the relationships unfold naturally this run.

Still, why can't the other characters marry each other?

Spoiler

Yeah, the Goddess tower is just a brief bit. You can choose who you meet there of course, but they don't make it explicitly a permanent choice.

As for that last question, are you okay with me explaining this or do you want to be as blind as I was about it?

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, the Goddess tower is just a brief bit. You can choose who you meet there of course, but they don't make it explicitly a permanent choice.

As for that last question, are you okay with me explaining this or do you want to be as blind as I was about it?

Spoiler

I'll stay blind to it.

1 minute ago, Sinon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Made you look

Spoiler

2f052892201a92c622dcc71438126a14.jpg

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:
  Hide contents

no

Spoiler

no u

Okay, back to that odd man from earlier who just jumped off a cliff and into the water 

So I can use a new game mechanic to follow his footsteps, eh? Let’s try it

Edited by Sinon

Found him! Seems he still doesn’t want to answer my questions. He just wants the odd shard I found. Such a mystery man, and I still haven’t caught his name

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They both work like a charm, the bloom festal and the extended restore staff. I'm so happy. @lightcosmo thank you again, I wouldn't have noticed my goof without you. At least I know for next time, haha!

All right, now that the wrathful spirit of Sakura has been laid to rest, it's time to go back to actually making progress.

You're very welcome... A second time! 

Honestly, glad I could assist! My modding pool for FE is decent, and if I can put them to use at all, im glad!

Aside from the bloom festals, I also bit the bullet and disabled my antivirus temporarily to install the minimug. Predictably, this caused no problems because Bitdefender was just flipping out. So now you can see weapons, experience and a few other things without pressing R. Nifty. Also, overworld HP bars, growth display, enemy range display, battle stats with animations off, you know, all that cool stuff that every hack has because it's as easy as a click.

...Now I gotta beat chapter 6 and see if I can make some real progress.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You're very welcome... A second time! 

Honestly, glad I could assist! My modding pool for FE is decent, and if I can put them to use at all, im glad!

Haha, of course, of course! I'll be sure to ask if I run into any more problems.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

And again, tbf, Takahashi did say you could jump into this. Imagine if Marvel said "yeah you can jump into Avengers Endgame no problem". 

I don't know, my sister did that and I think she did pretty well for herself.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

How's this man doing today?

I think showing the queens in the first trailer made people think XC3 was more connected to the previous two games than it actually was. I still remember the "Vandham is Rex/Zeke/Dunban" conspiracy theories.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Z-man, i'm sorry i ever doubted you. You were right all along.

Is any Xeno villain ever wrong?

5 hours ago, Sinon said:

Who’s this? 

Gray from the hit game Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I still wonder why Athol was naked. It's so random.

I guess they tried out conventional torture methods at first before doing that thing that Jasper Batt Jr. did in No More Heroes 2. So her getting stripped would most certainly fit into that. And her posture does kind of look like she got chained up. But unlike with Ophelia it's never actually mentioned that she was tortured.

Her captors must have been fans of Metal Gear Solid 2. In Raiden's case, it was just something Ocelot threw in for fun.

Edited by Lightchao42

6 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Well gentlemen it’s happened. All this talk of video games has gotten me feeling nostalgic, so I went and beat Zelda OoT for the fourth time in my life. If I’m being honest while it is a solid game, I prefer MM in terms of its story and characterization, seeing OoT has very little of both of these. So yeah, I beat a video game for the first time in over two years. Yah…

Congrats! That's nice. It's been a really long time since I last played OoT...

37 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't know, my sister did that and I think she did pretty well for herself.

I'll admit that's a pretty surprising compliment to the film that ended 12 years of an era.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Gray from the hit game Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

That’s interesting because Max (Gray’s English voice) is coming to my local convention in December, and I already bought my ticket

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

think showing the queens in the first trailer made people think XC3 was more connected to the previous two games than it actually was. I still remember the "Vandham is Rex/Zeke/Dunban" conspiracy theories.

I remember seeing some posts unironically claiming that Guernica was actually XC2 Vandham, which is kinda sus when you think about it.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is any Xeno villain ever wrong?

No. None of them are ever wrong.

Gael'gar bros, where you at?

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Valkyria 5 never 😞

Valkyria 5 but it's got Persona mechani-hahahahahahahahahahhahhahaha

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaa

Cursed timeline, and that's with the 2nd game being school.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Valkyria 5 but it's got Persona mechani-hahahahahahahahahahhahhahaha

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaa

Ok I'd rather Valkyria 5 never if that's how they decide to do it.

Valkyria 4 was the goat, and my fav. SRPG, so the series ending on a good note is better than seeing another series i love mutilated lmao

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ok I'd rather Valkyria 5 never if that's how they decide to do it.

Valkyria 4 was the goat, and my fav. SRPG, so the series ending on a good note is better than seeing another series i love mutilated lmao

I'm in agreement, i'm just thinking cursed Monkey's Paw thoughts.