Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Absolutely wild how i spent only $20 for NSMB Wii on eBay but then the game younger than it is more expensive.

Was that recently?

I know NSMB gets a bit of flack but 20 is a surprise.

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

WHEN BOYHOODS FIRE WAS IN MY BLOOD, I READ OF ANCIENT VIDEO GAMES

OF NINTENDO'S LEGACY CONTENT PUT OUT, NO LONGER THERE DESPITE THEIR FAME

AND THERE I PRAYED I YET MIGHT SEE, THE OLD GAMES IN THEIR BEST

YET ALL US, RUINED FROM PRICES, BY

INFLATION ONCE AGAIN!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115bd4c6aba557965a59

Actually now that you mentioned it, I have unlocked some of those skills.

It was a such a brief moment that I didn't even register it had anything to do with leveling up my weapon rank.

Yeah, I'm not someone who was using them much either, because I focused on other things for builds.

No actually, I modded my switch for it.

Ok.

Is that interfering with any online interactions?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, there's quite a lot of extra character slots that I haven't had to touch the creature campaign ones yet. I do know there's a hard unit cap, I believe 50, but I think I'll have enough to add all the units I'd like.

Well that works I guess.

I did intend to throw Hayden in there to replace her at the river, given the Frelian army and all. But maybe I'll come up with something else, we'll see. Maybe nobody will replace her at all, I'm not exactly all that much of a fun of Hayden. Not that it's likely that Hayden has any fans at all lol

I'd like to see him get lances and bows so he could use both of Frelia's legendary wepons. Ah I bet someone likes Hayden, he was never that low in CYL right?

Use the Generic Frelian messenger

You know how, if you go with Eirika, the game says Ephraim wants Forde and Kyle to accompany her because he'll be accompanied by the "Frelian knights"? That's who the OCs are going to be. Among others.

Elaine and Harriet fighting another enemy

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Mario Kart Double Dash: The first good Mario Kart (review)

Mario Kart Double Dash. The first actually good Mario Kart. Probably the first Mario Kart game that controls decently and doesn't give me motion sickness and the tracks are pretty solid. I love that each track has it's own little logo, they should bring that back.

The tag-team mechanic is interesting in principle but i kinda felt that it didn't really do anything? Each character has a unique item so having two different characters will give you access to both but it wasn't really changing the way the game was being played. It's still fun, i just wish they did more with it. It's definitely a game i would've gotten more out if i grew up with it.

7/10

I am unsurprised.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The first step in any "make FE8 better" project is to nerf Seth.

*second step. The first is to give every character Moulder's moustache.

52 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Ok.

Is that interfering with any online interactions?

I don't have online but I have heard there is a risk of being banned if you bring mods to online, but it seems to depend on the mod itself.

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I don't have online but I have heard there is a risk of being banned if you bring mods to online, but it seems to depend on the mod itself.

Which would make sense if I were actively playing it.

On paper I'd be probably in the clear to dive in, I'm just not there personally yet.

(On the other hand I'm looking forward to next year to do that with the 3DS for sure. I have two of them, more than possible)

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20220831_1431211474990132447249911-1

Why do I feel like there's more examples?

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20220831_1431211474990132447249911-1

I used to think Hoshido swayed heavily into the Japan aesthetic while Nohr was mostly made up, but the more I look at them the more I realize that both Hoshido and Nohr are incredibly fantastical and have barely any reality in any of the designs.

Like the cultural inspirations in there are unbelievably loose, really only present in the colors and patterns.

From a very odd point of view, I actually kind of like that. Fates is supposed to be very mythologized in comparison to the other games and that's relevant in the character designs, being far more unrealistic and fantastical than designs in other games.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Villains even worse than Anankos tho lmao

*Record scratch

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I used to think Hoshido swayed heavily into the Japan aesthetic while Nohr was mostly made up, but the more I look at them the more I realize that both Hoshido and Nohr are incredibly fantastical and have barely any reality in any of the designs.

Like the cultural inspirations in there are unbelievably loose, really only present in the colors and patterns.

From a very odd point of view, I actually kind of like that. Fates is supposed to be very mythologized in comparison to the other games and that's relevant in the character designs, being far more unrealistic and fantastical than designs in other games.

So clothing doesn't work either, as a more stylised dress code for both? Takes me being a fool on that I suppose.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'd like to see him get lances and bows so he could use both of Frelia's legendary wepons.

Hey, that's not a bad idea.

Ah I bet someone likes Hayden, he was never that low in CYL right?

I'd just like to know why lol

Use the Generic Frelian messenger

https://images2.imgbox.com/4e/d3/UeH1wOJp_o.png

Way ahead of you, actually.

Disregard the fact that I can't actually use IDs that high on playable characters, I didn't know that when I changed her name. But yeah, I was actually going to throw her in Ephraim's group even before I decided to do the same with Syrene.

Hah, well... Those two aren't part of the Frelian knights, actually.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:32 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

lZSszOKl_o.png

They're mercenaries in Zonta's group in 5x. Because of course I wasn't going to wait until chapter 9 to make these two playable.

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

*Record scratch

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

It's wild cause normally i would tear into them but i just kinda...dont? Despite agreeing they are the weakest element of the game.

Is it Xenoblade bias?

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So clothing doesn't work either, as a more stylised dress code for both? Takes me being a fool on that I suppose.

At the top of my head, the closest both sides get to something real is Sakura on the Hoshido side looking kind of like a Miko Shrine Maiden and Felicia and Flora on the Nohrian side having the stereotypical French maid dress.

Hoshido I think takes more inspiration from Japanese theatre then Japanese life but still is loose enough where I can't make any pinpoint correlations, at least not with my limited knowledge.

Now Nohr on the other hand, I can't recall a single time period in history where any woman from any country in Europe in any context would wear anything even remotely similar to what Camilla wears.

I wonder if I should create a new thread just to talk about the cultural inspirations of FE.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/4e/d3/UeH1wOJp_o.png

Way ahead of you, actually.

Disregard the fact that I can't actually use IDs that high on playable characters, I didn't know that when I changed her name. But yeah, I was actually going to throw her in Ephraim's group even before I decided to do the same with Syrene.

So she's already covered.

.....Dangit SS and your lack of non-leader NPCs to use!

Meanwhile I'm now curious about Einar.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're mercenaries in Zonta's group in 5x. Because of course I wasn't going to wait until chapter 9 to make these two playable.

Wait, do you recruit then during the map as enemies then?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's wild cause normally i would tear into them but i just kinda...dont? Despite agreeing they are the weakest element of the game.

Is it Xenoblade bias?

Might be, but that's not a comment I can just ignore, y'know?

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

At the top of my head, the closest both sides get to something real is Sakura on the Hoshido side looking kind of like a Miko Shrine Maiden and Felicia and Flora on the Nohrian side having the stereotypical French maid dress.

Funny, you think the look from the generics would be more appropriate, but that must be just in my head.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Now Nohr on the other hand, I can't recall a single time period in history where any woman from any country in Europe in any context would wear anything even remotely similar to what Camilla wears.

Camilla defies time, defies gravity, defies norms around family, defies unit expectations, hell defies sense.

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So she's already covered.

.....Dangit SS and your lack of non-leader NPCs to use!

Yeah, there really aren't many, are there...

Meanwhile I'm now curious about Einar.

https://images2.imgbox.com/23/eb/wsbFt0p8_o.png

Look familiar? He'll be the boss of chapter 6x.

Wait, do you recruit then during the map as enemies then?

Yes. Eph talks to Harriett, Harriett talks to Elaine, simple, predictable. It was... surprisingly simple to make them work, actually. By which I mean it took me hours as opposed to days.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Z-chan was based all along?

We doubted his convictions, his reasons. But he was right.

Z-man, I kneel.