Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just using the "force deployment" tool in FEBuilder. It's not working, and Eirika isn't being deployed either, so I'm thinking it's probably an issue with the chapter being a tower chapter. I'll look more into it later.

Mine works fine:

9b69ecee24d2bcdcb39269926797fe64.png

2209f6d8dea9772e6b2b422523523dbd.png

And you're certain yours looks like this?

Edit: oh i see you said the tower. Sorry about that!

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Assuming there's some code to remove the forced deployment locks on tower chapters, since obv Eirika or Eph aren't forced deployed ever there. 

So trying to force a unit would just have the effect of: their code to remove forced locks would just remove the lock you added.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Assuming there's some code to remove the forced deployment locks on tower chapters, since obv Eirika or Eph aren't forced deployed ever there. 

So trying to force a unit would just have the effect of: their code to remove forced locks would just remove the lock you added.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too. I'll look around the chapter editor a bit when I get home. Worst case scenario, I'll copypaste the data of a regular chapter, see how that goes.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too. I'll look around the chapter editor a bit when I get home. Worst case scenario, I'll copypaste the data of a regular chapter, see how that goes.

You can extend the chapter data list by going into the settings and checking the allow chapter data expansion. I have no idea if its reliable oe not, you would have to try it.

6 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

On that thought, maybe they'd be better regarded nowadays as they seem to be a niche series in RPG discourse. But then how would the map magic carry over?

Well, if it played like Shining Force then it wouldn't need to change? I know that SFII at least plays as if a regular RPG, except instead of random battles, encounters are fixed to certain areas where it switched to the SRPG format. So the Psynergy puzzles and stuff could've been unchanged.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Let's link a thoroughly made video about..... Well I'll let people figure it out.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, if it played like Shining Force then it wouldn't need to change? I know that SFII at least plays as if a regular RPG, except instead of random battles, encounters are fixed to certain areas where it switched to the SRPG format.

Considering how GS has dungeons with random encounters as well as towns, that element would likely change.

And as I've mentioned already GS is defined by psynergy, including the field applications. Having those would be interesting and I don't know how well they'd be covered within SFII's engine. But that wouldn't matter in this case would it?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

You can extend the chapter data list by going into the settings and checking the allow chapter data expansion. I have no idea if its reliable oe not, you would have to try it.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

In the settings:

4b3ce4c77c4ca0b1faffba438a21007c.png

I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it. I don't intend to add that many chapters and I've heard bad stories about expanding the chapter and class lists. But it's good to know, nonetheless. Thanks!

Eh fuck it, I can't figure it out. I even stripped open the Vision Quest ROM, since that one has like a bazillion chapters, and it definitely used some of the tower and ruin chapter slots. I couldn't discern how, however. Somehow other people are able to force deploy people in these chapter slots, but I'm too noobish for it, apparently.

So, screw it. I extended the chapter list. There are two weird little debug maps I can replace, so with the current plans, that leaves me with a required extension of two. Not too bad, it doesn't seem like the ROM broke or anything. Now here's hoping those slots don't give me trouble, too... but that's for Ruben from the Future to contend with.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

16 hours ago, Punished06 said:

Read the first three stories of Subahibi, Wraith. I bet you like stories about the end of the world.

A visual novel dealing with high school and the possibility of the end of the world? Be still my beating heart.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/a0/06/KfXtqiAe_o.png

It works! Now that's awesome. Now I just gotta make a bazillion talk events. Uber rad.

I see a spider.

Wonder what you'll do to make them work as a unit?

12 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

j0IjQQN.png
SoHtO8e.png

Oh my god XD

Nooooooo.

8 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

eUkF5dF.png

This girl is gold

The bonk is still broken.

She's too powerful.

RETREAT!

bin-trash.gif

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The bonk is still broken.

She's too powerful.

RETREAT!

remember

T9RN1G0.png

she has the high ground

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You really are an EdelgardianSing.

Well of course, the Empress's word is absolute. I would never defy her gracefulness.

In all seriousness, I was hoping the Claude Squad would be a nice middle ground between church and state, as instead of fighting for either we're fighting for our survival in a war between two very morally dubious institutions.

Which does seem like that's what we're trying to do.

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Ostensibly because she was supposed to tell you what the fuck is going on.

It's hard to tell. The other characters talk about how you supposedly cared about her so I can't be sure.

Alright I've complained enough about this story, let me defend it for a few seconds.

I really like the political intrigue, something that was missing from Awakening and Fates. It's not just "good country vs bad countries" It's a lot of institutions and states rivaling against each other with their own justifications and histories. That combined with the likable cast of characters makes the world feel really grounded.

And while it does sound like I dislike it, I do like the idea that no matter which side you pick you're not on the perfectly moral side. This moral grayness is something I wanted from something like Fates, I'm just not perfectly sure if IS can do it right.

And man, the five year time skip and the fact that all the students get a visual change is such a cool idea, I was almost emotional when I saw all these children I helped taught be all grown up and aged through the years of war.

Alright I'm done.

Is this wholesome or lewd?

Gfix1pqi o

10 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

House of the Dragon should be cancelled now.

Yes please. Someone has to stop that shitshow.

10 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Don't tempt me to find 3 Copes for cheap

You'll be up to date with Fodlan discourse

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

In all seriousness, I was hoping the Claude Squad would be a nice middle ground between church and state, as instead of fighting for either we're fighting for our survival in a war between two very morally dubious institutions.

Relevant:

https://i.redd.it/z3q14ikwliz61.jpg

Edited by Punished06

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

remember

T9RN1G0.png

she has the high ground

And my powers certain can't be overestimated now.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It's hard to tell. The other characters talk about how you supposedly cared about her so I can't be sure.

It could have been clearer if they let Byleth actually speak and hadn't tried to make Byleth more of an avatar than the others in writing terms.

2 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

You'll be up to date with Fodlan discourse

Until then I kinda feel like playing it with drift is a mistake so I can't really play the demo that I've put off for the last while.

2 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

Yes please. Someone has to stop that shitshow.

What happened with the show?

46 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

ZbaDUlg.png

From the makers of Onii-chan Kenobi!

pouxcbL.png
j0IjQQN.png
SoHtO8e.png

Oh my god XD

eUkF5dF.png

This girl is gold

She doesn’t seem terribly set on it

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

ZbaDUlg.png

From the makers of Onii-chan Kenobi!

pouxcbL.png
j0IjQQN.png
SoHtO8e.png

Oh my god XD

eUkF5dF.png

This girl is gold

…You know, in the last decade we’ve lost some truly great authors. Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Harlan Ellison the list goes on. Hell many great writers die before their time, like Charles Beaumont or Karl Edward Wagner. Just some food for thought.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

4 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…You know, in the last decade we’ve lost some truly great authors. Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Harlan Ellison the list goes on. Hell many great writers die before their time, like Charles Beaumont or Karl Edward Wagner. Just some food for thought.

And they are all nothing compared to this greatness!