Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Guys, I don't think I expected a game to get button assignments so wrong that they break, but, well, there's a first time for everything.

Porcupine: Last Days of Summer is a game I'm thankfully playing a demo for, because it's not exactly one I'm too enthused to pick up to begin with, but more than the rudimentary platforming/adventure game setup in a 2D plane and somehow the first game I've played where you can jump up the stairs bu not crouch to go down faster, it's the game where it expects you to press X to check the phone menu..... only for the button to not actually work in game for reasons that elude me.

It's not the fastest I've quit a game, but it's certainly impressive that it's managed to get stuck on the menu and can't open it now after I pressed it once before and accidentally quit the game because the icons were not clear enough, only to go back to the same area I was without the menu.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/23/eb/wsbFt0p8_o.png

Look familiar? He'll be the boss of chapter 6x.

I'll admit, not particularly. Also, 6x? That Valni map rip that's a prison breakout right? What's 7x then if there is one?

Another question, I'm assuming Valni is axed from the game?

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'll admit, not particularly.

I understand. He showed up in like, two updates of the TRS LP. He was Margaret's brother then. No relation now, though.

Also, 6x? That Valni map rip that's a prison breakout right?

Yeah.

What's 7x then if there is one?

There won't be one.

Another question, I'm assuming Valni is axed from the game?

Yup.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have finally obtained an updated model of the 3DS.

For the first time, the screen is actually visible to me.

56 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Funny, you think the look from the generics would be more appropriate, but that must be just in my head.

The generics are a good point actually. The art they have is sick and since they're not main characters they usually have more streamlined designs.

56 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Camilla defies time, defies gravity, defies norms around family, defies unit expectations, hell defies sense.

She even defies the plot

Woo! Problems!

Even though I specifically set the two characters to be force deployed in chapter 6x, they aren't force deployed. Neither is Eirika. No doubt some weirdness due to it being originally a tower map. I get Eirika in that case, but the other two have been specifically appointed for force deployment and it's not working either.

Welp. Tomorrow I'll figure it out, I guess. Google as usual isn't any help because nobody else in the world has these problems, apparently.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The generics are a good point actually. The art they have is sick and since they're not main characters they usually have more streamlined designs.

Generic best.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yup.

No respect for the grind smh

So Amelia. I'm assuming she's out then, right?

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Like the Shrine Maiden vs Sakura comparison, where the generic probably could fit in in a real shrine.

Then the generics themselves, how have they gotten both an ardent following here and next to no presence elsewhere?

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So Amelia. I'm assuming she's out then, right?

Why would I remove the funniest character in the game?

...maybe I'll give her a prf. Yeah... 10 might, 100 hit and luna. That'll help.

Oh yeah, a reaver luna lance with 10 might and high hit. But no range and it's on Amelia so it's totally balanced. She could actually kill Gheb then! Though I probably should send her to Eirika, in Eph it'd be a "promote at Gheb's or die" situation. But then, what's life without a little challenge?

...for Ewan I might just up his base level. He doesn't even have summoner anymore. Gotta throw the kid a bone.

7 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

seeing Ruben moding FE8 makes me wanna fire up SRPG studio again

I'm having so much fun. And the more humble scope makes it a lot more likely I'll finish this one!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm having so much fun. And the more humble scope makes it a lot more likely I'll finish this one!

Hmm

I should really learn Fates hacking then and do my Conquest: 3DS the best edition 😛 

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

But why though?

Because there will be three base shaman in the game and four summoners would be absolutely insane. So now he goes monk. Four bishops is marginally less insane.

4 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hmm

I should really learn Fates hacking then and do my Conquest: 3DS the best edition 😛 

Make Garon playable or it's false advertising.

26 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hmm

Well, Fates hacking is pretty easy, so go for it! 

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even though I specifically set the two characters to be force deployed in chapter 6x, they aren't force deployed. Neither is Eirika. No doubt some weirdness due to it being originally a tower map. I get Eirika in that case, but the other two have been specifically appointed for force deployment and it's not working either.

What method are you using to force deploy them?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, Fates hacking is pretty easy, so go for it! 

Is it?

I realised weapon and stuff just by looking through paragon, that seems pretty easy to do yes, but once it comes to chapter editing i lose my head xD

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Is it?

I realised weapon and stuff just by looking through paragon, that seems pretty easy to do yes, but once it comes to chapter editing i lose my head xD

What do you need to know?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What do you need to know?

Nothing specific for now, it's just my remarks from playing around with paragon and looking through some tutorials

But i didn't really seriously get into it, just "easy" isn't the impression i got xD

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Nothing specific for now, it's just my remarks from playing around with paragon and looking through some tutorials

But i didn't really seriously get into it, just "easy" isn't the impression i got xD

Haha, I suppose since ive been modding for a while, it feels that way.

And direct rumours are firing up again

just like every month

🍿

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Haha, I suppose since ive been modding for a while, it feels that way.

probably XD

Honestly, if i get my head truly into it i probably can do it.

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

probably XD

Honestly, if i get my head truly into it i probably can do it.

Hell yeah you can! With the attitude that its possible, its easy!

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Modding is WAY less intimidating than most make it out to be.

I used to mod a bit in my young'un days (command and conquer) and once you understand the file structure it becomes more on the easy side yes

But then slowly becomes a chore if you want to edit much xD