Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

hough we already had the space pirate chapter by the time the Aurum arrived, and being quirky suited KIU just fine.

We also had the Not Death Star too.

Man....I really want KIU 2.

38 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wasn't that more an Aionios thing, since it's been a 1000 years there. It was shown before time resumed moving, after all.

Spoiler

Thing is tho considering that Melia's room is like the one part of Alcamoth that is completely untouched, i feel that the Monado REX was in there before the merge. 

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

could negative skills work in FE, too?

Sure, as long as they arent designed like shit. That applies to most things, if done the right way, can be very fun. If not... Well... Yeah, that's much is obvious.

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh yeah, the BS games exist. I'll have to check those out as well, I imagine they're an interesting part of FE history.

They are, but the ROMs fail to truly capture that. Some significant things, like most of the sound, the voice acting, the high quality (for a SNES...) images used in the story intros (really the whole intros in general), are all things that were streamed to the system, and thus these unique features are not captured by the ROM. The intros not working also messed with the key timing elements in the game as well, which messes with another unique feature of this bit of Fire Embelm history, that they were streamed, with a time limit, and point system for a sense of competition. While it isn't ideal, there are still some videos preserved of what the maps were like in their prime, and might be a better way of experiencing it (although there are some obvious video quality issues thanks to the age of the footage), or they might help you recapture the feeling by having the ROM run while watching the intro (to resync timing elements, although you might have to research things a little if you want to perfectly sync it, this will put you in the right ballpark), perhaps with translation at hand to reference, and keep the video (for the audio) still running as you play the roms...speaking of videos, here are a few I stumbled upon a while ago in the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler

Here is a version of the first chapter

The Second chapter

The Third chapter

The fourth, and final chapter

48 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

could negative skills work in FE, too?

One could argue there are some already, or at least skills that come with some notable downside to them, like Gamble (although the details varies by version), Parity, Flourish (kinda, as it is a command skill, so you choose to suck, but Radiant Dawn made a lot of skills that way...), Mercy, Peacebringer, Misfortune, Wary Fighter (just imagine it on Ryoma...). I would also jokingly describe a lot of the Jagens as having a lower growth-rate skill...

Since I was curious, I went and played the first map of FE1 to see what the game is like.

I always forget that games got more complicated as developers learned how to use the hardware more affectively in the NES's life span and not all of the games are as simple as Duck Hunt, but still, for a Famicom game, FE1 is pretty impressive! Super interesting to see the first entry of one of my favorite franchises in gaming.

I managed to beat the map without much trouble which is interesting because when I played the same map in the remake on DS I had quite a lot of trouble. You'd think the remake would be easier than the original, especially for a Nintendo game.

Or perhaps, god forbid, I'm actually starting to get good at these games

7 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Spoiler

FrierenUno.png

oh FFS... getting frieren spoiler here of all places 😠

i didnt even know it release new chapter today, still thought its still on break

Edited by joevar

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

Thing is tho considering that Melia's room is like the one part of Alcamoth that is completely untouched, i feel that the Monado REX was in there before the merge. 

Spoiler

is there a proof its completely untouched? or even untouched means Monado rex being there even before aionios happen. since founder statue clearly implied shulk and rex being one of them, theres possibility both exist at one point in the start of aionios and monado rex still in shulk hands at first in aionios.

but ofc we can just brush it off with Melia just not wanting anyone touch it or use it since it will break the game

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hide contents

While the game is a continuation of the first two, it oddly didn't include any of the content from the previous games that I was actually expecting to see: the Conduit, Alvis, Pyra/Mythra... wait a minute, where are they? Poppi was locked in a box the whole game, are they in another box? Seeing Poppi again was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Was the Fog King just not a setup for anything after all? The game drew attention to the black fog a few times but didn't do much with it.

Spoiler

im half sure conduit (and alvis by extension) will appear/teased in final DLC. its the perfect bait and hint for next xenoblade since Takahashi in interview very sure we will know where next Xeno will take place next after clearing xeno 3 and its dlc.

pyra/mythra is the one we dont have any clue i think. the other human could just die naturally, not reborn or smth. 

i thought Fog King will be one of major final bosses in Xeno 3. since moebius monster form seem similar to overall fog king shape/appearance minus the fog at first glance

Edited by joevar

Oh no.

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be fair, I explained some of the basics beforehand (i.e. "Big purple man wants to erase half the universe and succeeds") and she was still confused by a few things, but not too many.

That's still better than coming out utterly baffled by events.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

I think so! I've always thought it'd maybe be a decent idea to have almost anti-supports between units that don't like each other. Skills are a really good way to characterize the cast in my opinion, so negative skills have benefits there too- Maybe having weaknesses against certain classes or being unable to attack enemy healers and stuff like that.

If I was a unit, I would have the skill Procrastinator: Can only attack once every two turns.

9 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

289.png

Seriously tho, that could be a skill to balance a very powerful unit xD

I would have that skill, too

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Make that three.😛

As for who it could balance. A Manakete perhaps, their power could be thought of like an atom bomb, massive, but not easily tapped into. Or perhaps some kind of Japanese-styled swordsman who takes the whole "iaido & calmness" approach to a whole 'nother level.

Although the unit shouldn't be given such stats that they can enemy phase too well, as being able to get only 1 kill every two player phases doesn't matter too much if they can rack up another 16 kills during the accompanying two enemy phases.

Sign me up in the procrastination club I guess?

I'd like to add an example for that enemy phase character Like for instance, a character could have good defences and is reliably chipping, but is a pacifist and doesn't strike first at foes and isn't so strong offensively to demolish them all there.

Or a character who is so into the idea of a fair fight that they can't fight an opponent who won't attempt to deal damage to them, but is remarkably good at avoiding those "unfair" strikes at them, but is still too frail to risk putting in the open. Combine that with some focus on player phase and voila! a duelist character who you don't want walling on EP but can avoid taking hits from a bunch of siege tomes.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Since I was curious, I went and played the first map of FE1 to see what the game is like.

I always forget that games got more complicated as developers learned how to use the hardware more affectively in the NES's life span and not all of the games are as simple as Duck Hunt, but still, for a Famicom game, FE1 is pretty impressive! Super interesting to see the first entry of one of my favorite franchises in gaming.

I managed to beat the map without much trouble which is interesting because when I played the same map in the remake on DS I had quite a lot of trouble. You'd think the remake would be easier than the original, especially for a Nintendo game.

Or perhaps, god forbid, I'm actually starting to get good at these games

To be fair to SD, it's generally considered among the harder games in the series on higher difficulties, though Normal has the prologue chapters to give you some exp and possibly more stats for that first map. The lances do have WTD as well in SD.

No it's not favoritism if I replace Moulder's sage promotion to Druid or if I make Syrene join 8 chapters earlier, it's totally not.

Excuse the random thought. I gotta entertain myself somehow while I wait for three slow-ass work computers to boot up.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No it's not favoritism if I replace Moulder's sage promotion to Druid or if I make Syrene join 8 chapters earlier, it's totally not.

Excuse the random thought. I gotta entertain myself somehow while I wait for three slow-ass work computers to boot up.

End game recruits are kinda dumb imo anyways... I mean, if you really enjoyed that char, well to bad for you, cause you get no chance to us em!

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is Syrene swapping with someone? Who?

RIP Moulder the Wise.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

End game recruits are kinda dumb imo anyways... I mean, if you really enjoyed that char, well to bad for you, cause you get no chance to us em!

The reverse has it's own issues, especially for ironmanning.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Man....I really want KIU 2.

I don't think that's ever going to happen.😝 The reason Sakurai left Kirby after Air Ride was because he didn't want to be stuck doing sequels all the time only to not realize he had already walked into the eternal cage of Smash.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's both their tragedy and their allure. Limited availability curses them, but it means you have to savor the time they have and might make you yearn for them more. -Provided said units have good enough stats in the first place, if they join seriously underleveled or trained but weak, then they're just plain tragedy.

20 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The reverse has it's own issues, especially for ironmanning.

What do you mean?

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's both their tragedy and their allure. Limited availability curses them, but it means you have to savor the time they have and might make you yearn for them more. -Provided said units have good enough stats in the first place, if they join seriously underleveled or trained but weak, then they're just plain tragedy.

I prefer not having units like Athos that just plain break the game, thank you.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What do you mean?

Late joiners, excluding Est-y ones, can be a guarantee that you have at least a handful of endgame-ready characters even if your heavy lifters have been killed. Although Syrene specifically isn't the greatest example of this, given that she's pretty weak at base level, considering her join time. I guess SacSto is considering the Tower and map encounters to be enough of a back-up plan, by giving a way to train up previously neglected units.

1 minute ago, ping said:

Late joiners, excluding Est-y ones, can be a guarantee that you have at least a handful of endgame-ready characters even if your heavy lifters have been killed. Although Syrene specifically isn't the greatest example of this, given that she's pretty weak at base level, considering her join time. I guess SacSto is considering the Tower and map encounters to be enough of a back-up plan, by giving a way to train up previously neglected units.

I guess the way i see it is: is it enjoyable to use a unit that requires 0 investment or effort to get amazing? My answer personally is no, since that goes against alot of what the game's core stands for. Sure, it's reliable, but that's not always for the best. Game's like FE8 need less of that, if anything.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I prefer not having units like Athos that just plain break the game, thank you.

He cleanly four-shots the final boss (or OHKOs with Filla's Might and a lucky crit), but who cares against that boring and unstrategic foe? The FE7 final battle overall ain't that difficult. And that's all he can affect.

I have some liking for spectacle and the exuding of power anyhow. SRW30 reconfirmed that.😄

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I guess the way i see it is: is it enjoyable to use a unit that requires 0 investment or effort to get amazing? My answer personally is no, since that goes against alot of what the game's core stands for. Sure, it's reliable, but that's not always for the best. Game's like FE8 need less of that, if anything.

Being soft-locked isn't very fun, either. ;): Plus, this type of unit doesn't have to be amazing and I don't think FE has a ton of Athos-level characters that will be your best character for the final chapter no matter what. The other GBAFE games have the likes of FE6!Karel, Yoder, Dayan, Vaida, or Jaffar - all of them good, and certainly deployable in the lategame, but they're not going to solo the rest of the game.