Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hmmm.

Guys, help me out.

This guy:

fInmZcTH_o.png

Hat or no hat? What do you think?

28 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, good to know there's a train in this.

Now we just need to catch that train, Bowser

He'll catch it with an explosive

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think that the bald look actually fits for this fine chap.

By the way, he looks a bit like this character from FE12 called Frost. Have you heard of him?

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

It's never easy to be the offensive party in war, so I'd have to couch that in the struggle of having to supply in what will still have a degree of hostility from whatever people within will fight to remove them.

But the idea that that's even possible has really exposed the Russian military's competency.

Normally that tends to be the case. However, I wonder just what the situation currently is over there.

It's already documented the Russians have sent separatists forces to fight on the other frontlines, including as far as Kherson. Reports of discontent of how the Russians are treating them. And even today there was the report the Donetsk leader, I believe, has fled to Russia. I do wonder then.

One thing is clear. Most of the separatists have either died as cannon fodder or are trapped in Kherson, at this rate.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think that the bald look actually fits for this fine chap.

Okay, duly noted.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

By the way, he looks a bit like this character from FE12 called Frost. Have you heard of him?

656.jpg

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Got to go with the hat

Okay, duly noted.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

wouldn't want to mistake this dapper fellow for that word famous Frost chap.

How could you do such a thing, they look nothing alike.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How could you do such a thing, they look nothing alike.

Seriously. Frost does not wear glasses.

(I do like the hat)

Frost (フロスト) is a Macedonian priest who, in the early days of the War of Shadows, was blackmailed into assisting Ruben's band of Macedonian deserters

And here I thought Macedon wasn't very close to either Iberia...

2 minutes ago, ping said:

And here I thought Macedon wasn't very close to either Iberia...

ngl the fact that I have a FE namesake and his entire role is to bully one of my obscure favorites has always greatly amused me

He also has some super good lines, surprisingly enough

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't know how to interpret this. Do you think they're a badass or evil?

The latter. Z's whole thing is he's about never ending cycles. 

One such cycle, elitists of the previous game emerge from the woodwork every time a new one is released.

Expect Kingdom Battle elitists who think Sparks of Hope isn't worthy of being called a Mario+Rabbids game Ruben.

2 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ok i can understand 1, but why 3?

Because it's not 2.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Rayman's alive?

His first proper appearance since uh.....Legends.

This actually opens the potential door to more DLC characters down the line. What I'm saying is playable Bowser Jr or the developers will one day just go missing.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

CJ6uu1r.png

Shouzou_Kaga_1994.png

Gotta respect just putting the question out there ngl.

Fuck. Amelia being in Eph's route means Franz can't recruit her.

Yeaaaaaah I'm gonna move him. Luckily I can justify it pretty naturally with the current state of affairs in the plot.

48 minutes ago, ping said:

Seriously. Frost does not wear glasses.

Exactly!

48 minutes ago, ping said:

(I do like the hat)

I like it too, and a pope hat is always awesome, but I do enjoy the bald look too.

Hmm. I wonder if I could find a way to make it change to the hat portrait if he promoted to bishop...

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Expect Kingdom Battle elitists who think Sparks of Hope isn't worthy of being called a Mario+Rabbids game Ruben.

"Real time movement sucks!"

"Where Yosh?"

"The sparks are cringe"

"RETURN THE FORCED MARIO TO US"

fInmZcTH_o.png

Hat.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's already documented the Russians have sent separatists forces to fight on the other frontlines, including as far as Kherson. Reports of discontent of how the Russians are treating them. And even today there was the report the Donetsk leader, I believe, has fled to Russia. I do wonder then.

One thing is clear. Most of the separatists have either died as cannon fodder or are trapped in Kherson, at this rate.

Maybe so.

I'll admit my knowledge of the active conflict isn't as much as might be liked, but I'm also a little wary to trust what information does get out because there will always be a degree of propaganda to it (positive troop movements tend to boost morale and give the international community an image of strength), irrespective of sides or who's in the right in war.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Where Yosh?"

That question's legit though.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Real time movement sucks!"

Wait, explain.

>genius

>attractive

>strong

I love Targcest

8mxcr6oo o

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew it so when MY mod comes out you can play that one instead

I will play both because I like Sacred Stones

Hat is always cooler

2 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

CJ6uu1r.png

Shouzou_Kaga_1994.png

Was this post made recently? Because if it is, I can give him some recommendations...

Or maybe I'll make it like Karajan's hood. Hat just comes and goes from time to time. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hat.

There's something to the hat look, I can't quite out my finger on it. It's like the hat somehow takes years off of him, but it also makes him look like a Santa Claus elf.

...I'm probably just flipping out.

Hat's not finished by the way, I gotta tweak it a bit yet

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That question's legit though.

Yeah, that's true. I guess being very lukewarm on Yosh as I am, it's a no-brainer to take Bazookowser, Rabbid Kelik and the other one over them.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Wait, explain.

Instead of moving on a grid, you'll freely move around your movement area in the second game. Think Three Houses's completely pointless exploration mode, but it allows a bit more precision in your positioning. I think. Haven't watched the trailer yet. Too busy giving Aristobulus a hat and moving Franz to Ephraim.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Instead of moving on a grid, you'll freely move around your movement area in the second game. Think Three Houses's completely pointless exploration mode, but it allows a bit more precision in your positioning. I think. Haven't watched the trailer yet. Too busy giving Aristobulus a hat and moving Franz to Ephraim.

So it's more like most RTSs in gridless maps and not like you have to move while your opponents also move.

Okay, Real Time threw me.

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Maybe so.

I'll admit my knowledge of the active conflict isn't as much as might be liked, but I'm also a little wary to trust what information does get out because there will always be a degree of propaganda to it (positive troop movements tend to boost morale and give the international community an image of strength), irrespective of sides or who's in the right in war.

True. Though even so many do get confirmed or debunked as time goes on.

Watching the Mario XCOM trailer now.

You know how I said before that I thought sparks could probably be assigned to different characters?

I was wrong. Sorta.

You can equip 2 on each character. Or none. And there's also a fuckton of them as opposed to one per hero like it initially looked like. They all seem to do different things, leading to, on a scale from 1 to 10, brickshitting customizability.

I continue to be in shock at how absolutely incredible this game looks. This looks like it could maybe, just maybe, challenge Berwick's reign- and you know that coming from me, that's a HUGE fucking thing to say.

Holy shit. Sorry, Ubisoft has earned the 45 moneys this time.

17 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

I will play both because I like Sacred Stones

Awesome.

18 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

Hat is always cooler

Pope hats make everything cooler.

14 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So it's more like most RTSs in gridless maps and not like you have to move while your opponents also move.

Oh no, this isn't Vandal Hearts 2 2: Mario Edition.

...sadly. I need another game with Pike in it.

I am now on Trails of Cold Steel II's final dungeon... well, Finale dungeon. Just like in SC (again) there's an endgame boss rush with the Legion of Doom; I was thinking I would fight them all again, so this is an efficient way of doing it. I should finish it soon... probably.

5 hours ago, Sinon said:

I’ve just destroyed another clock. That’s 5 total

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 in a nutshell

592.png

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Because it's not 2.

It was probably this guy.

eiMMsQy.png

The only good reason to give XC3 a bad review.

His first proper appearance since uh.....Legends.

Technically he's been in a few mobile games since then, but this is his first non-cameo console appearance since Legends, yes.

It's nice that Ubisoft is actually including him in something again; incidentally I was hoping Rayman would be a DLC character in the first game.

This actually opens the potential door to more DLC characters down the line. What I'm saying is playable Bowser Jr or the developers will one day just go missing.

You will get all seven Koopalings, but no Bowser Jr.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Where Yosh?"

...You know i just now realized he's not there.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can equip 2 on each character. Or none. And there's also a fuckton of them as opposed to one per hero like it initially looked like. They all seem to do different things, leading to, on a scale from 1 to 10, brickshitting customizability.

Oh yeah baby let's goooooooooooo

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You will get all seven Koopalings, but no Bowser Jr.

Do not speak the cursed words into existence.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, someone really needs to post in that thread...

Double-posting might be okay if enough time has passed for a topic that involves something that is getting IRL updates.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Normally that tends to be the case. However, I wonder just what the situation currently is over there.

If you trusted your local allies, you'd think to leave them in their territory, which they know well, which they'd be willing to defend.

What you're saying reminds me of imperial Chinese bureaucracy. Bureaucrats weren't assigned to their home province IIRC, and I'm certain they were usually shuffled around after a few years. For the sake of preventing officials considering usurpation from establishing independent power bases built upon years and years of hard work making and maintaining local connections. It's what you do when you don't trust people.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I wish you luck there! the game isnt AWFUL, just not good imo haha.

Which might be the worst kind of bad. Since really really bad can be entertaining in a schadenfreude sense, undramatic mediocrity is just bland. 

Although I will give ToZ the benefit of the doubt, I can't let others' impressions cloud my own personal judgement. Zestiria won't be bad until it is, if ever. 

At the least, well I'm sure the cast and story can't be as lacking as Graces. Which is the epitome of a slow-burn bummer IMO.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Double-posting might be okay if enough time has passed for a topic that involves something that is getting IRL updates.

Who knows. Best I know, double-posting is only acceptable in Creative threads, but only by the OP when making a new update. Still, hmm...

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you trusted your local allies, you'd think to leave them in their territory, which they know well, which they'd be willing to defend.

What you're saying reminds me of imperial Chinese bureaucracy. Bureaucrats weren't assigned to their home province IIRC, and I'm certain they were usually shuffled around after a few years. For the sake of preventing officials considering usurpation from establishing independent power bases built upon years and years of hard work making and maintaining local connections. It's what you do when you don't trust people.

Perhaps, but Russia doesn't operate like that.

Russia has a history of this. A noticeable percentage of their army in Ukraine are not ethnic Russians. They're that of its other population groups, like Chechens. It's... not hard to think as to why, when you consider the demographics history of the Russian Empire / Soviet Union.