Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

You say this but Pokemon 2D > 3D.

True.

I last enjoyed gen 7, I played Sword and Shield and was like “ehh” and I’m not gonna bother with gen 9, probably. Although I’m not sure it’s so much that the games are actually getting worse in quality as it is I enjoy the gameplay a lot less than when I was a kid.

Nah she's based cause she's basically wearing Day of the Dead makeup.

Went to check and yeah, somehow I missed this.

Opinion slightly increased.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If we're making a TeeHee League, I call dibs on Steel Type.

Electric type let’s go

49 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Dibs on the Dragon type leader, it even comes with advantage of wearing a cape being traditional dragon trainer attire 😛

Time to go a step too far, and make a team based in which Gym leader I am

1st Gym Leader: Applin; Dratini (12)

2nd Gym Leader: Dreepy; Applin; Dratini  (18)

3rd Gym Leader: Dratini; Flapple; Turtonator (24)

4th Gym Leader: Flapple; Drampa; Dragonair (30)

5th Gym Leader: Flapple; Tatsugiri; Dragonair; Vibrava; (36)

6th Gym Leader: Cyclizar; Dragonair; Vibrava;  Tyrantrum(42)

7th Gym Leader: Dragonair; Cyclizar; Flygon; Komo-o; Dragalge (48)

8th Gym Leader: Cyclizar; Dragalge; Kingdra; Flygon; Komo-o; Dragonite (55)

That is a really interesting selection, I would have expected all pseudo legend lel.

Anyway I should be going to sleep but I like the idea so…

1st gym leader: Pikachu, Shinx, Mareep (12)

2nd gym leader: Blitzle, Pikachu, Luxio, Flaafy (18)

3rd gym leader: Blitzle, Luxio, Alolan Raichu, Flaafy (24)

4th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (30)

5th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electabuzz, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (36)

6th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electivire, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (42)

7th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electivire, Vikavolt, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (48)

8th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electivire, Vikavolt, Alolan Raichu, Mega!Ampharos (55)

because yeah, mega evos are cool, even if Ampharos’ is questionable.

And yes, I ramped up the difficulty by getting more Pokémon more quickly and also evolving them quicker (both because they evolve at lower levels and some are item based), although I did just copy your levels. On hard mode, all of my pokemon except Ampharos are holding an air balloon.

Edited by Sooks

Then I go straight ahead and claim one of the Shitennou spots!

... the Elite Four, is what I mean.

I'd say, for a final team of sorts I'd go for:

Klinklang, Revavroom, Aegislash, Corviknight, Kingambit, Metagross

Depending on which gimmicks allowed, then Metagross for Megaevolution, Corviknight for Gigantamaxing, and... not sure who yet for Tera Type.

Maybe I can work backwards from this if I were to also fill up the eight GYM spots. But not tonight...

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That is a really interesting selection, I would have expected all pseudo legend lel.

That would be kinda boring (and scale poorly, thanks to how late ALL of them evolve), this way I could get more interesting type diversity, and highlight some of those single form Dragon types that people forget about.

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

1st gym leader: Pikachu, Shinx, Mareep (12)

2nd gym leader: Blitzle, Pikachu, Luxio, Flaafy (18)

3rd gym leader: Blitzle, Luxio, Alolan Raichu, Flaafy (24)

4th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (30)

5th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electabuzz, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (36)

6th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electivire, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (42)

7th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electivire, Vikavolt, Alolan Raichu, Ampharos (48)

8th gym leader: Zebstrika, Luxray, Electivire, Vikavolt, Alolan Raichu, Mega!Ampharos (55)

Its interesting to see your list, as I know my pokemon choices for an Electric leader would have been very different. I particularly like the Alolan Raichu choice in there, as its an interesting one that I wouldn't have thought of, and that you kept the same pokemon lines throughout, it feels like a more naturalistic team thanks to that. Personally, I would have had less pure electric types, and I would probably try to have Rotom (for funsies I think I would add it around 3rd gym, and have it change forms every gym), the Chinchou Line, the Magnemite, and the Pawmi line somewhere in there.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Depending on which gimmicks allowed, then Metagross for Megaevolution, Corviknight for Gigantamaxing, and... not sure who yet for Tera Type.

My suggestion would be to include whichever one you most prefer.

Maybe I can work backwards from this if I were to also fill up the eight GYM spots. But not tonight...

Fair enough, it does take a bit of time to do.

Now that is a solid team, although I think I will wait to see more of an 8 Gym spot before I say more about it, that way I can nebulously say pokemon lines that I would think about for if I were the steel gym, without having to really think about who I would remove.

Alright, what types haven't been taken yet in the Teehee League?

Asking because I know more will be gone by the time I can write something up for it.

5 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

This oughta be enough money in the till to last a minute or three. 😎

4CE6DC16-FF64-4EC8-83B3-66947B9FD628.thumb.jpeg.299ca30536124821f1e85cc5c59f8370.jpeg

I was trying to think how you had that much by chapter 8, then remembered the arena last chapter.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230113221723.jpg?wid

See, these two are just ripped straight out of an old Middle Ages/Renaissance painting.

Definitely used as a reference.

35 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Alright, what types haven't been taken yet in the Teehee League?

Looking back at the thread

I have done a little write up for a Dragon type on

@Sooks did one for Electric types

@Acacia Sgt did a team for Steel types, which may get expanded

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- called dibs on Ice type,

@Benice tried to call dibs on Ice, but was a bit late, and it sounds like he settled for Fairy

@Interdimensional Observer was considered Psychic, Dark, Ghost, and Flying, but it sounds like hasn't actually decided yet

...and sorry if I nabbed Dragon from you before this really moved into the Tee-Hee league direction, as it sounds like that might also be your favorite as well.

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...and sorry if I nabbed Dragon from you before this really moved into the Tee-Hee league direction, as it sounds like that might also be your favorite as well.

I knew this day would come, and in time for FE Engage too…oh Emperor preserve use all…

Ahhhh... It's a new day. The sun's not shining, birds aren't singing, the sky is grey... I'm ready for moe leaks!

...Aaaaaaaand there's no more leaks.

The one dude released three pictures of the artbook, completely demolished every assurance I had about this game, skyrocketed my hype and then prompty returned to the void of darkness.

Amazing.

...Jokes aside, apparently leak-kun said they have no access to the artbook until monday. Perhaps they're an employee at a game store and they couldn't just steal the artbook to their home. Either way, I will be awaiting further news with great interest.

And if you are reading this, brave explorers of 4Chan, I salute you. I hear you've had to wade through some real shit in order to reach these precious goods.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
  Hide contents

That is some really exciting news, we need more old ladies in video games. Niime may no longer be a unique case

Spoiler

You tell me! The fact that this character exists in friggin' Wacky Baby Faces Engage, of all games, amazes me to no end. Ahh, I need confirmation that she's playable.

...But you know? That's not all, actually. I've completely neglected to mention him in my excitement for Momphir, but...

1673651433797884.png?width=825&height=62

Yeah

That's a character in Wacky Baby Faces Engage.

A normal priest. Just, regular-ass fucking priest. Nothing to him. Just a tacky little chin beard - which, embarrassingly enough, has superior consistency to Seteth's shitty chin moss - and a tidy hairdo. In the same game that has the Vtuber Clown Girl.

And between his placement next to Anna and the stamp, there's a high chance he too is playable. It's nothing set in stone, because Mauvier has no stamp, but perhaps they are simply still trying to protect Fire Emblem's most poorly kept secret. But it's likely this is a playable character in Engage.

This has to be the most unpredictable Fire Emblem game ever.

He's going to punch at base.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

My abuelita's really good at making it too!

Abuelitas are always great at cooking. It is a fact of life.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Hey, it's only 8,178 kilomters from Madrid to here, it's not that bad!

That's because we haven't finished counting to the full amount yet. The oceans will expand as the thread progresses.

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Lately I've been feeling a lot more exhausted since the keto diet I adopted forbids sugar which was my usual coping intake against my naturally sleepy brain. This is supposed to help me in the long run but I heard it can be pretty tough early on so I apologize in advance if I seem a little more braindead than usual.

Hang in there, mate. Hope things get better soon!

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

From PoR to Berwick (or in Shrimpy Scale, FE6 to Fates):

How hyped are you?

Uhhhh fuck.

Up to now I had been able to keep it at a healthy Revelation level. Fluctuating between Shadow Dragon and Birthright here and there.

Recent developments have made it shoot up to New Mystery. Buuuuut I'm also really, really worried. The leaks weren't completely conclusive and there's too existing a chance that I will get backstabbed here. And I hate it.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic.

Nintendo's purported official statement on the matter.

And then people decided to start licking the fucking things. Dudes and dudettes, it's supposed to be a deterrent.

Though for the parents if they love both sides of their family, wouldn't they want to pass down both to their child?🤔

Yeah, the system's not perfect. It works great to keep people from stumbling into identically named folks too often, but the rules for it are too rigid, perhaps.

I wouldn't mind if a person inherited every surname from their parents, but actively used only two recent ones. The rest get recorded and complied into a government ID of some kind, which would eventually generations down the line become unique to each individual.

That'd be neat, yeah.

Just wanted to say I'm reminded of other games. Some people complained when the latest new Story of Seasons game ditched 2D artwork portraits. And I can say Rune Factory looks better with them, Tides of Destiny ditched portraits for one game and I can say it was a downgrade in retrospect.

Some Japanese games of an anime nature, those that don't demand lots of movement and action during conversation, are better off with 2D portraits. The reason behind this is that such games usually have technically lackluster, emotively deficient 3D models. Meanwhile, the 2D artwork in such games can be aesthetically sound, downright charming, and can be rather expressive. The portraits can indubitably better capture the spirit of the characters of the game.

Yeah, I suppose that's fair. Don't get me wrong, I like Engage's models and their little animations. It'd be a lot worse if it had been Three Houses that ditched 2D portraits, but this game is actually good-looking, so it's a decent trade-off.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Engage (I genuinely don’t know if this needs to be spoiler tagged, but I’m just gonna do so to be on the safe side)

Hide contents

Idk how long this has been known but I just found out that one of Timerra’s retainers rides a wolf. A wolf. She just keeps on winning, huh.

Her other retainer seems like kind of a miss but I guess you can’t win ‘em all.

That's old news, but still better to spoil it.

Spoiler

Yeah Merrin's one of the characters I'm almost certain will be on my team. unless some crazy shenanigans happen. Honestly, at this point I have no idea what to expect.

As for Pannette... I'm just sad they decided to double down on "moe with axes" instead of making her buff to contrast Anna.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

FmZtXpOX0AEqze8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Honestly just in awe of how exaggerated the designs are in this game lmao.

He puts the monk in monkey.

6 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

This oughta be enough money in the till to last a minute or three. 😎

4CE6DC16-FF64-4EC8-83B3-66947B9FD628.thumb.jpeg.299ca30536124821f1e85cc5c59f8370.jpeg

Congratulations, you can now buy 1357 vulneraries.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Dibs on Ice!

Er... Or if Dad takes it, dibs on fairy type.

Dang...

Can I at least have Avalugg and Cetitan, Dad?

Ok, i have an idea

How about a dual ice/fairy gym/leader battle, as father & son? XD

For now, i will do a "Team write up" as well for Ice, until we can do with the dual thing xD

1st Gym Leader: Snorunt, Alola!Vulpix (12)

2nd Gym Leader: Glalie; Alola!Vulpix; Alola!Sandshrew  (18)

3rd Gym Leader: Glalie; Alola!Vulpix; Galar!Darumaka (24)

4th Gym Leader: Piloswine; Lapras; Arctozolt (30)

5th Gym Leader: Mega!Abomasnow; Glaceon; Weavile; Mamoswine (36)

6th Gym Leader: Alola!Ninetales; Galar!Darmanitan; Froslass; Lapras; Weavile(42)

7th Gym Leader: Alola!Ninetales; Galar!Darmanitan; Froslass; Baxcalibur; Weavile (48)

8th Gym Leader: Alola!Ninetales; Galar!Darmanitan; Froslass; Baxcalibur; Weavile; Iron Bundle (55)

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congratulations, you can now buy 1357 vulneraries.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I was trying to think how you had that much by chapter 8, then remembered the arena last chapter.

Ya, I did hafta take a coupla hundred shekels of that and renew my AAA membership.... 

Arena Abusers Anonymous 😁

@Sooks since you finished CS IV (finally) I wanted to ask your opinion on the games VA work as a whole (which chars sounded good/bad in your opinion overall) If you wouldn't mind sharing (main chars are the most important, don't want you writing an essay afterall!)

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

and I’m not gonna bother with gen 9, probabl

Gen 9, had it not been for the technical issues (which do honestly bring the game down a bit) unironically on par with Gen 5. So play it, it's pretty good.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Looking back at the thread

I have done a little write up for a Dragon type on

@Sooks did one for Electric types

@Acacia Sgt did a team for Steel types, which may get expanded

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- called dibs on Ice type,

@Benice tried to call dibs on Ice, but was a bit late, and it sounds like he settled for Fairy

@Interdimensional Observer was considered Psychic, Dark, Ghost, and Flying, but it sounds like hasn't actually decided yet

...and sorry if I nabbed Dragon from you before this really moved into the Tee-Hee league direction, as it sounds like that might also be your favorite as well

I'm gonna take Water then.

I'll do a write-up later.

Edit: or Dark.

Thinking about it.

Edited by Armagon

(Some modding stuff that most wont understand but i found funny):

946642a729e9d83b233233183faa948e.png

"Createchrdummy" Funny wording for coding use, is all. Nothing more.  XD

(Ignore the rest, it's gibberish to most and i couldn't not cap it sadly.)

Edited by lightcosmo

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

See, these two are just ripped straight out of an old Middle Ages/Renaissance painting.

Definitely Renaissance/Reformation era, the hat on the man isn't an exact match, but...

440px-Ludwig_XII._von_Frankreich.jpg440px-Enrique_VII_de_Inglaterra,_por_un_440px-Titian_-_Portrait_of_Charles_V_SeaUlrich-Zwingli-1.jpg440px-Holbein-erasmus.jpg

...You can find similar flat black hats on notable figures from the era. The first three, kings (the French Louis XII, the English Henry VII, Charles V Holy Roman Emperor/Charles I of Spain), the fourth one of the early leaders of the Reformation (Huldrych Zwingli of Switzerland), and the last a philosopher (the Dutchman Erasmus). Western Europe clearly loved these. I'm not sure if all of them were, but some of these at least were made of velvet IIRC, which was a pricey fabric indicating you had at least a little wealth.

As for the lady, those overstuffed sausages called arms/sleeves reminds me of this:

Elizabeth_I_(Armada_Portrait).jpg

One of the well-known portraits of Lizzy 1.

You'll notice the real and fictional women also share in the use of ribbons, which -made of luxury fabric of course- remained popular in high-end fashion at least into the late 1600s.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I'm both indecisive and considerate. I'd let everyone else choose first.😆

I don't think I could assemble a team though, as my knowledge of the 'mons is about four generations out of date at this point.😅

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's because we haven't finished counting to the full amount yet. The oceans will expand as the thread progresses.

Actually, the Atlantic Ocean is expanding slightly every year, and the Pacific Ocean is shrinking too. Plate tectonics at work! Gradual work, we're talking tiiiiiiiiny changes year-on-year that'll take hundreds of thousands and millions to add up to something significant. Geologists hypothesize the Earth shall eventually have a singular supercontinent again akin to the ancient Pangaea from ~300 million years ago.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So right now we have

LVmyoM5.png

as our league. Do we even have enough teeheers to fill this up? And even if we did, not enough care about Pokémon. And even if they did, no one is gonna go “ah hell yeah, normal type let’s goooo”

But who cares. Let’s do this.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That would be kinda boring (and scale poorly, thanks to how late ALL of them evolve), this way I could get more interesting type diversity, and highlight some of those single form Dragon types that people forget about.

Its interesting to see your list, as I know my pokemon choices for an Electric leader would have been very different. I particularly like the Alolan Raichu choice in there, as its an interesting one that I wouldn't have thought of, and that you kept the same pokemon lines throughout, it feels like a more naturalistic team thanks to that. Personally, I would have had less pure electric types, and I would probably try to have Rotom (for funsies I think I would add it around 3rd gym, and have it change forms every gym), the Chinchou Line, the Magnemite, and the Pawmi line somewhere in there.

True, I did think of that, but I love electric types, and all the Pokémon I picked so much that I just wanted to stick to them (which is ironic since I never used electrivire as a kid thanks to the whole trade thing).

But I like the creativity of your teams too, and I do think Rotom (and some others I didn’t get to include) are neat, I might shake it up and not make it all a continuation of one team like you said.

That final 8th gym team is probably staying though, or maybe that would be my elite four team. They’re simply too cool.

Although if I want to be more diverse and gameplay focused about my teams, maybe I should pick a type I’m less biased for.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

was the climate change joke intentional

That's old news, but still better to spoil it.

Hide contents

Yeah Merrin's one of the characters I'm almost certain will be on my team. unless some crazy shenanigans happen. Honestly, at this point I have no idea what to expect.

As for Pannette... I'm just sad they decided to double down on "moe with axes" instead of making her buff to contrast Anna.

Spoiler

Looking at Merrin, I’m not sure how crazy I’m going to be about them as a character. I’m not sure I’m gonna keep them specifically, unless this is Fates level characters, but if reclassing is a thing, maybe I’ll just put Boucheron on a wolf or something.

Maybe, but I want to use the poster child for wolves too… ah, decisions, decisions. Well, I probably shouldn’t assume poorly about Merrin’s character and just see what happens when I get there.

Pannette’s character also feels vaguely like a retread of Lapis as a result, albeit probably in a different direction.

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Sooks since you finished CS IV (finally) I wanted to ask your opinion on the games VA work as a whole (which chars sounded good/bad in your opinion overall) If you wouldn't mind sharing (main chars are the most important, don't want you writing an essay afterall!)

Spoiler

5BlyVXy.png

Eh Tier isn’t ordered and their voice acting really didn’t feel like anything special, and if I didn’t include a character, then I REALLY didn’t care about their voice work.

Which isn’t to say they did bad, but not every character has big emotional scenes to perform for or a very flamboyant character. At which point, the voice acting is just there.

I thought the voice acting was fine. Scenes with Rean made me want to turn it off, but it was good other than that. 

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gen 9, had it not been for the technical issues (which do honestly bring the game down a bit) unironically on par with Gen 5. So play it, it's pretty good.

Gen 5? On god?

oh wait that’s gen 4

But anyway, if in 20 years I find Scarlet for cheap at the local game store, I might grab it. Maybe, idk.

Edited by Sooks

If we're picking Pokémon types, I'll go against the grain and choose Bug.

As for my team... Volcarona of course, Vikavolt, Golisopod, Yanmega, Frosmoth, and Scolipede? Picking just six was surprisingly difficult.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If we're picking Pokémon types, I'll go against the grain and choose Bug.

I salute you.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Vikavolt,

Welcome, comrade!

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm both indecisive and considerate. I'd let everyone else choose first.😆

I don't think I could assemble a team though, as my knowledge of the 'mons is about four generations out of date at this point.😅

I’m 2 gens behind, I think you could make it work!

And I just picked Pokémon I thought were cool, even if they’re similar to each other.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, for a final team of sorts I'd go for:

Cool team, Aegislash and Metagross are kings. And Corviknight is cool too.

Although I don’t recognize the newer mons’ names.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me, I could Tera Type one of my pure electric types for more diversity, maybe. I’m not really sure how it works.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Makes sense. Gotta get the inspiration from somewheres

I wonder just how much VG music was ripped off from a piece by Bach called “Toccata and Fugue in D minor”?

Edited by Capt. Fargus

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

And even if they did, no one is gonna go “ah hell yeah, normal type let’s goooo”

You know, when I realized you guys were doing a thing I did consider swiping normal for the memes. That was the plan for roughly 6 seconds before I forgot Pokemon's existence so I could go back to flipping out over the Engage leak.

So go ahead, give it to me if nobody else wants it. This doesn't require I do anything, right? I put Slugma in my team. A Slugma called Garon.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, when I realized you guys were doing a thing I did consider swiping normal for the memes. That was the plan for roughly 6 seconds before I forgot Pokemon's existence so I could go back to flipping out over the Engage leak.

So go ahead, give it to me if nobody else wants it. This doesn't require I do anything, right? I put Slugma in my team. A Slugma called Garon.

Pick Ditto instead because it’s normal type goo and can shape shift, which is more accurate to Gooron. And purple ish.

Now pick 5 more or face death by teehee

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

Pick Ditto instead because it’s normal type goo and can shape shift, which is more accurate to Gooron. And purple ish.

Now pick 5 more or face death by teehee

I need to do more? Dangit.

Okay, so shiny Ditto kinda looks like Gooron if you really squint. So shiny Ditto.

Snorlax, because he sleeps and that's neat.

Uh, another Snorlax. Two Snorlaxes.

Ehh Lickilicky? What kind of a name is that? That one. It looks really dumb, I like it.

Watchog, it looks very smug and it's crossing its arms for some reason in this image.

And eeeeh... Another Snorlax.

There we go, that's a team that works, I'm sure.