Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not everytime, but when stuff like missing a 90 and getting hit by 10 is bound to piss me off.

if it's something 50/50 then yeah, sure.

wait FE10 normal had battle saves?

never used them

This Is common in any FE game though. 

Yes, yes there was. 

• Replies 177.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 hours ago, Benice said:

But, like, with an I or L?

II think it's an I...

"Do" in this case means "way of", just as Bushido means "way of the bushi", "bushi" meaning "warrior", with the strong connotation of "samurai". The "I" and "ai" are believed to come from a saying meaning "constantly be prepared to meet the enemy immediately". So Iaido means "way of being constantly prepared".

In practice in video games and whatnot, Iaido often refers to katana techniques where the sword is kept sheathed and quickly drawn only as needed. Often it's so fast that you can't see the sword strike itself, and all you perceive is the quick draw and the sword's return to its sheath. Iaido is fast, iaido is clean, iaido is free of unnecessary movements, it will kill the bothersome fly resting on your forehead and not leave a scratch on your skin. 

Don't quote me on this this, but the one time I hear it pronounced, in a lighthearted British game said by a little kid from fantasy-Japan, it was pronounced "E-yai ("eye" with a "y" in front of it)-dough".

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

And so, i arrived in Sylvalum, greeted by beautiful auroras.

IMG_20201003_211021.jpg?width=768&height

Crimson Aurora is pretty, and only a tiny bit dangerous. Those Titan-battleship-sized Coronids at Lake Ciel go from peaceful to aggressive. I'd be interested in getting a lore explanation why Sylvalum only has red auroras and none of the usual greens and blues you see IRL and elsewhere on Mira.

As i made my way into the interior, i was surprised at how not hostile the place was. A lot of things could kill me but most of what i saw were Lv.15-25 enemies.

They didn't want the entrance at least to be too deadly, but the further in you go and the further off the beaten path towards Cauldros, the nastier it can get. Cauldros will be less forgiving of weakness.

And then, like a carnivorous plant, Sylvalum showed me it's true colors

IMG_20201003_205108.jpg?width=768&height

I was caught off guard by the relative low level indigens that i was ambushed by this guy. And because ambushes in Xenoblade X completely stop your movement for like two seconds (this is really dumb btw), those two seconds were enough for me to die. Guess i can't enter the cool kids club of "made it to Cauldros on first try without dying".

Well, you tried. 😃 Sylvalum is noted by NPCs as a land of many camouflaged enemies.

And as Lightcosmo said, it's Flinch thats to blame, I know it's annoying. Skells are immune to aggro'ed Flinch though.

Also, close it's Sickle Rock.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

About Sagittarius Shot, I used that skill a lot... until I noticed how useful the Binds are in disabling enemies in comparison to simply dealing more damage (since the Story Mode party is already heavily geared towards offense), so I had Flavio rest and invested skill points into his Bind-inflicting skills instead, which did turn out to be better in the long run, especially postgame.

I've read some people used Alter Class immediately when the game begins to turn Flavio into Hexio, his TP is going to hold him back for a time, but his Lck is fine for the job, and his higher Agility compared to a standard Hexer means he can land Binds and Ailments more often before the enemy gets to attack. 

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Noted for my Classic Mode playthrough! XD

Do keep in mind that Power Gel and Affection Collar are enemy-only skills that don't come around for a while I think.

Another tip, it's better to use buffs/debuffs that aren't of the same kind. As in two Attack boosters for example, the game took an anti-buff measure of nerfing subsequent buffs, I think the second applied is 66% of its normal potency, while the third is I think like 20%? The Preludes bypass this I read, I'd guess because of the elemental weapon infusion?

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Though it's not entirely unrealistic, when we look at actual history of the Black Death...

Or the subsequent localized and periodic bouts of the Black Death that plagued Europe until, let's say 1791 at the latest. The Great Plague of London killed 80-100 thousand in 1665-6, out of a total population of less than 500 thousand.

And when plague declined, other diseases came to fill in for the job of Microbial Grim Reaper. Influenza, typhoid fever, dysentery, infantile diarrhea, scarlet fever, diphtheria, and measles were all on the up, to Big Stats deadly results.

--

@Othin Happy birthday!🎂 I hope you're enjoying it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've read some people used Alter Class immediately when the game begins to turn Flavio into Hexio, his TP is going to hold him back for a time, but his Lck is fine for the job, and his higher Agility compared to a standard Hexer means he can land Binds and Ailments more often before the enemy gets to attack. 

That is a very intereting idea. I had given this no consideration so far, since I found his skills as a Survivalist too useful (especially the skill that is essentially Take, Cut, and Mine rolled into one - very useful for quests that ask you to get those items - and you can get Grimoire stones for it, meaning you can give this skill to the other party members, too).

Do keep in mind that Power Gel and Affection Collar come are enemy-only skills that don't come around for a while I think.

I see!
It's reasonable that the really powerful stuff comes around pretty late, but if I decide to go New Game Plus (which I probably won't do, but we'll see), I should have Grimoires for those skills already lying around somewhere.

Another tip, it's better to use buffs/debuffs that aren't of the same kind. As in two Attack boosters for example, the game took an anti-buff measure of nerfing subsequent buffs, I think the second applied is 66% of its normal potency, while the third is I think like 20%? The Preludes bypass this I read, I'd guess because of the elemental weapon infusion?

Ah, I see! That's good to know! Thank you!

Or the subsequent localized and periodic bouts of the Black Death that plagued Europe until, let's say 1791 at the latest. The Great Plague of London killed 80-100 thousand in 1665-6, out of a total population of less than 500 thousand.

And when plague declined, other diseases came to fill in for the job of Microbial Grim Reaper. Influenza, typhoid fever, dysentery, infantile diarrhea, scarlet fever, diphtheria, and measles were all on up, to Big Stats deadly results.

Which then peaked in the Spanish Flu somewhere at the end of the 1910s, which was basically a second Black Death when the death toll is concerned.

Edited by DragonFlames

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Crimson Aurora is pretty, and only a tiny bit dangerous. Those Titan-battleship-sized Coronids at Lake Ciel go from peaceful to aggressive.

Oh, certain weather effects can make certain indigens go hostile? That's honestly really cool. Any other examples of this that I should watch out for in the game?

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh, certain weather effects can make certain indigens go hostile? That's honestly really cool. Any other examples of this that I should watch out for in the game?

There are a few other cases, but nothing you have to keep on the lookout for.

And I noticed there was a cave in Primordia, probably true of all of them, where the little insect Blattas could be aggro'ed by night but not by day.

For a slight benefit for you, the Electromagnetic Storm weather in Oblivia and rarely Cauldros that hurt you also scrambles the Sound (proximity) detection of enemy Mechanoids, but not the hyphenated "living metal" ones native to Mira (Xe-dom, Oc-serv, Fal-swo), only Ganglion tech. Mechanoid Sight detection still works, so EM Storms are but a small help. 

Spoiler

I will be missing this dearly when I play classic mode...

EDIT:
And this, too...

Spoiler

But who cares, really?

Edited by DragonFlames
added spoilers so as to not take up too much room

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I will be missing this dearly when I play classic mode...

It is awesome, though games with "Music That Can Suddenly Override Anything And Comes From Stuff You Will be Using" need the option to stop the override from happening.

NG+ from a Story Mode file into Classic lets you keep the one and only Faffy, so if you really wanted to, you could include him on your team. Rest Rest Rest until he's back to 1 so he doesn't break the game. Accelerate and the other story-unlocked skills stay unlocked from the start.

IMG_20201003_201641.jpg?width=768&height

Oh, and I just noticed you've got a Longsword? You can't go wrong with any class, picking Striker and then keeping the weapon setup and going Samurai Gunner is all good. That was my progression on my first playthrough.

Btw, the cave theme lowkey underrated. Was not expecting the wild west feel.

Wasn't sure what you thought of it. Didn't think "Wild West" when I've heard it, but I can hear what you say now.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It is awesome, though games with "Music That Can Suddenly Override Anything And Comes From Stuff You Will be Using" need the option to stop the override from happening.

While I agree with that general sentiment, I usually had Fafnir transform JUST to hear that music.
And if you have transformation themes like this, or Will be Venus and Absolute from Megadimension Neptunia VII, I don't mind it a whole lot, though in the latter case, the override only happens in regular battles. In boss battles, the boss music stays the way it is, even if you choose to transform.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

NG+ from a Story Mode file into Classic lets you keep the one and only Faffy, so if you really wanted to, you could include him on your team. Rest Rest Rest until he's back to 1 so he doesn't break the game. Accelerate and the other story-unlocked skills stay unlocked from the start.

I... think that's plenty game-breaking in and of itself. XD

I have played New Game Plus in Nexus before, but I chose not to use my team from the previous playthrough. The same will probably apply here, since I wanted to try different classes and teams. Though it is an interesting prospect to use Fafnir with other team compositions to see how his effectiveness changes.
Personally, I found his synergy with Arianna's Link Order skills (it takes the element of an attack that was used previously and deals damage of that same element to one enemy; or a group of them, if it's Link Order II - I WISH these were in Nexus) to be one of the most useful things about him.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless it's Trombe.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ey, happy birthday @Othin! 🎉

Thanks!

Hah!

I see your Trombe and I raise one of the few things that can override Trombe itself!

The one way to override Trombe. Play actual music in the battlefield.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From my experience, it usually starts to happen between chapters 7 and 9. There's a handful of mercs who can only be recruited much later, though. Not much you can do about that, sadly.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hopefully i will perma recruit some of the Mercs soon because i need to save money xD

Yeah, as what with Ruben said, should happen soon. Sherpa's permanent recruitment is next chapter's main mission, Esteban's is after ch. 9's main mission, and Faramir's is...After Faye's, I think, but very easy to get. Axel is also in ch. 9, Dean's is...I think when he kills 60 enemies? Faye's is once she reaches level 10, Ruby's is once she reaches level 10, I have no clue what the requirements for Sylvis' recruitment are, though.

As for me, I permanently recruited Ruby, Faye and Czene all in ch. 6. Nice.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

And excellent. Always good to get more people on board.

The church of Veria has new blood!

Edited by Benice

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hah!

I see your Trombe and I raise one of the few things that can override Trombe itself!

The one way to override Trombe. Play actual music in the battlefield.

You can what? Sacrilige!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, as what with Ruben said, should happen soon. Sherpa's permanent recruitment is next chapter's main mission, Esteban's is after ch. 9's main mission, and Faramir's is...After Faye's, I think, but very easy to get. Axel is also in ch. 9, Dean's is...I think when he kills 60 enemies? Faye's is once she reaches level 10, Ruby's is once she reaches level 10, I have no clue what the requirements for Sylvis' recruitment are, though.

As for me, I permanently recruited Ruby, Faye and Czene all in ch. 6. Nice.

The church of Veria has new blood!

Dean is 60 kills, yeah. Faramir can be immediately after Faye if he's got any happiness. Sylvis/Faye/Ruby all need high happiness and lv10+ to unlock their recruitment missions.

Just now, Othin said:

Dean is 60 kills, yeah.

I'm not using Dean, but I was wondering if captures actually counted to this total?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Sylvis/Faye/Ruby all need high happiness and lv10+ to unlock their recruitment missions.

Ah, nice.

It's kinda sad how I managed to get both Ruby and Faye to permanently recruit in ch. 6, (I actually had Faye at level 11 when ch. 6 started) but not Sylvis.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

You can what? Sacrilige!

Haha! Not even Trombe can hope to match the Bundle Ship's speakers.

Or Fire Bomber.

And of course, the almighty GONG:

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm not using Dean, but I was wondering if captures actually counted to this total?

You aren't? But he's basically Berwick Saga's version of Osian!

I'm pretty sure they don't. I haven't seen his recruitment scene in English, but my impression is that it's specifically about him killing people.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I haven't seen his recruitment scene in English, but my impression is that it's specifically about him killing people.

And why not? He's basically Berwick Saga's version of Osian!

Huh. Well, knowing what skill he gets from his permanent recruitment, I kinda wanna perma recruit him now..

Too bad I'm in ch. 12, where he really don't have enough time to take out 60 enemies.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

You aren't? But he's basically Berwick Saga's version of Osian!

Considering he has an allergy to good units, I imagine that's why he doesn't use him.

I know that's why I don't. Derrick and Axel for life.