Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Was there an option in the menu?

Nope 😞

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DON'T GET HYPED!

bigger problem: Hype will die during the 2 year wait. Happened with Ys 9...until Demo revived the hype. Still, Hype dying is never a good feeling, looking at a game you were looking forward to with a "whatevs" eye

Well, i have enough games to play lol

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's a balancing act. Otherwise what's to stop you from just scaling every mountain frame 1?

Ok, but running doesn't make you scale mountain - that alone would help alot.

Low enemy variety

tbf they were puzzle dungeons. Reminds me of Crosscode ones without being obnoxiously long.

Forgettable music

I liked how the music kept progressing after each terminal.

Chances are the average player is gonna do them all

With how much of a pain in the ass they are?

• Replies 179.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did read that the 64 was difficult to program for. Emulation must be likewise somewhat tricky, despite what I imagine to be many Super Mario 64 hacks.

I should look up how people do it. N64 is the only console I can't get right with any emulator. They're all so finnicky. Mupen64 is the widely considered best one nowadays, and yet when I try it it looks horrible and runs like shit. I can't figure out how to set it up.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

OIP.IlRnee1F3qKKuJUyu2YS1gAAAA?w=156&h=1

which featured four new vehicles (Blue Thunder, Luna Bomber, Green Amazone, Fire Scorpion (racers within them were never named)) that have never returned. Why didn't Nintendo include these in the new-old game?

Nintendo doesn't care enough

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

In any case I don't know what to do now, I was going to play Radiant Dawn but sir Dolphin over here doesn't even know what his error is about yet apparently.

Weird... Did you change anything? I'm assuming not, of course.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

It really is fun. I know Ruben's gonna be a bit cynical about it but it genuinely captures the F-Zero spirit.

Heey. I'm not cynical about it, I just can't play it because it requires NSO and I swore never to let Nintendo scam me with that again lol

Still, if it leads to F-Zero GX 2, it's all good. The chance is about as high as me getting struck by lightning in the next 15 minutes, but a guy can hope.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

RFEE01_2023-09-18_20-51-37.png

Oooh a sacking mission, that's new

That one was neat. Probably Ike's best chapter.

Huh. I was under the impression Lost Eidolons had 28 chapters, but everything, including a Steam achievement, seems to indicate chapter 27 is the final battle. So this is it.

...Oh shit! It's the Camus chapter from the Archanea Chronicles, but in reverse! We're pursuing Team Bad as they make one last desperate gambit for escape! That's interesting. It's like we're actively chasing them during their attempt at a seventh Hubert. I'm guessing this time, we'll actually manage to kill them to death.

I've heard very bad things about this map from some reviews. Let's see how it treats me.

Made it until one turn from killing the final boss.

Ehhhh I think I can see where people's problems come with this battle. You go through a whole gauntlet, killing every member of Team Bad, until you finally reach the big man himself... And then he starts powering up, over three phases with super chaotic attacks. He has a pattern, and you can read what his attacks do in his menu, but the dude becomes so sturdy that it becomes pretty tough to chip him down while keeping your units safe. Especially since the Three Houses magic system means you are likely to have ran out of healing and/or good attack spells by then.

The most annoying thing is that I don't think I'll be able to finish today. I have one turn, but I'm going to be busy all afternoon, and if I try to wrap things up at night, I'll fuck up and lose everything. The wise thing to do is wait until tomorrow. So annoying.

...Also, they're making the characters say things like this.

"You're awfully bold for a man who fled from our last encounter."

"Fleeing is your way. Not mine."

"I can't believe the mighty [final bossman]'s fleeing from a battle."

Yeaaaaah no. This doesn't work when I've beaten the tar out of him and every one of his underlings like five times and he just Huberted away every time. This is why throwaway bosses are a good thing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

21 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I know Paper Mario: TTYD is an amazing game, but fans are really losing their shit over the game and it isn't neccessary. Like, calm down a bit. XD

Like I said before, people love the things they already love. Which is fine, personal grievances with pricing, effort, priorities and encouragement of such practices aside.

...Though I'll admit what really does make me sad is that the brand new game featuring Peach in a starring role for the first time in 20 years yada yada is getting completely overshadowed by a graphical update. Things like this and Mario Party Superstars's reception send the message that you could potentially make more buck by rehashing the old stuff than by making actually new stuff. And then we end up like the film industry, where the bulk of production is remakes, reboots and pointless sequels. But I'm jumping to the worst case scenario, as always. That's not going to happen to us... right?

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If this doesn't, then literally nothing will. It's one thing to pull the shenanigans Elon's been pulling, it's another to make people pay a fee to the richest man in the world to put up notes on a horribly-designed website. All regular users will have to gauge whether they can afford the expense for such a superfluous service, and anyone who's there for work (artists and the like) will have to determine if their income could afford the dent of Elon's rent. Not to mention, kids and teens in the platform will be unable to pay, period.

This is going to lose them a shitton of users. Or at least, it should. But at this point I could almost believe that people will be stupid enough to buckle up and pay up just so they don't have to begin the tedious, collective process of establishing another social media monolith on Twitter's level. There still isn't a real alternative, after all.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

Certainly, but blood curdling, ear piercing screams are not needed really. 

Ehhh I don't think that's an issue, personally. Let people react however they like. They aren't hurting anyone with that.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhh I don't think that's an issue, personally. Let people react however they like. They aren't hurting anyone with that.

Words like "fuck you (X) series" as seen here isn't needed. XD

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Though I'll admit what really does make me sad is that the brand new game featuring Peach in a starring role for the first time in 20 years yada yada is getting completely overshadowed by a graphical update

I would say this is more about faith. Everyone already knows that TTYD is an amazing game, so they can say with certainty that their money will be well spent. A newer game may just as easily end up on the shelf. You don't know what you're getting.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Words like "fuck you (X) series" as seen here isn't needed. XD

I've seen comments like that, yeah. It's the same situation as Mario Party Superstars, where people were calling it the best Mario Party to come out in years even though it's not a new Mario Party.

After several disappointing releases, what people want is more of what they liked years ago. So when Nintendo literally just gives them that thing back with a slight graphical upgrade, they're pleased. Which, again, is fine. It's their money. I tend not to like it myself, with exceptions, but that's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

I would say this is more about faith. Everyone already knows that TTYD is an amazing game, so they can say with certainty that their money will be well spent. A newer game may just as easily end up on the shelf. You don't know what you're getting.

That's a fair logic to follow. I just really don't want us to end up like, again, the film industry lol. Then again, videogames have a much more visible indie scene, so it wouldn't be quite as dire even if the big ones hoped on the bandwagon of only retreading the past for nostalgia bucks.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If it happens Ninty games would come to PC, I say do it

In all seriousness, didn't this already happen at one point and they got laughed out of the room? C'mon. Nintendo has dibs on friggin' Pokemon.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you still remember how WW-TP-SS increasingly shackled the experience.

Yeah there was definitely a culmination of the linearity with Skyward Sword. Not a bad thing of course but for the devs, they wanted to do something different.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

98 other players gives me a chance of finishing above last.

Yeah unlike the other 99 games, you're a winner as long as you don't rank out. Sure you win better points if you finish higher but the loss conditions aren't as punishing.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

liked how the music kept progressing after each terminal.

Oh for sure. I don't agree with that "they're forgettable" myself part. A Link Between Worlds introducing dynamic music into the series was one of the best decisions

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

With how much of a pain in the ass they are?

Are they? I get that their exact locations aren't obvious sometimes but I don't recall ever having trouble trying to find them.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

just can't play it because it requires NSO and I swore never to let Nintendo scam me with that again lol

You could always free-trial it. Simply let it expire and never renew. Then you play the funny F-Zero game without paying a dime.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This will absolutely kill the Twitter.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

I know Paper Mario: TTYD is an amazing game, but fans are really losing their shit over the game and it isn't neccessary. Like, calm down a bit. XD

The more annoying part is people using it to shit on modern Paper Mario.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In all seriousness, didn't this already happen at one point and they got laughed out of the room? C'mon. Nintendo has dibs on friggin' Pokemon.

But then, ActiBliz. But then, ActiBliz at least delays any other big purchase (EA? Steam once Newell dies?) for a few years, since Microsoft is only 70% daring enough to try doing another big buy so soon.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The more annoying part is people using it to shit on modern Paper Mario.

Ahhh tribalism. Not enough to be for something, you have to be as much or as more against something else.

I prefer old PM (although I've only played SS of the three games 😅), but I sure do not approve of lambasting the new style with invective.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You could always free-trial it. Simply let it expire and never renew. Then you play the funny F-Zero game without paying a dime.

It's been years, so I probably do have that week.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But then, ActiBliz. But then, ActiBliz at least delays any other big purchase (EA? Steam once Newell dies?) for a few years, since Microsoft is only 70% daring enough to try doing another big buy so soon.

ActiBliz is not Nintendo. They don't have Pokemon.

On 9/16/2023 at 6:34 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

And also the only main(ish) character that's a decent person, but that also helps.

*cries in Matsuda*

On 9/16/2023 at 11:26 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

This image is such a lying troll.

It wouldn't cause so much butthurt if it didn't have a shred of truth behind it.

On 9/16/2023 at 11:15 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Ordinarily I might've had an existential crisis about what to do now, but the game isn't actually over yet. Maybe I should finish Pikmin 4 soon...

Welcome to localization hell

In the end, I was able to finish the game now. Turns out the course I was supposed to start today is a hodgepodge.

Goddammit, I lost a unit at the very last second. Well, that's a Steam cheevo I won't get, for what little it's worth. Maybe at some point I'll go back and try to beat the final battle again.

Well, at any rate, that's Lost Eidolons over. Will try to gather some thoughts tonight.

Just now, Newtype06 said:

*cries in Matsuda*

I can't believe I forgot Matsuda exists even though I absolutely adore him for what he does at the end of the series. Then again, I also like the dude with the afro that goes through a character arc. Really, the entire task force are pretty cool dudes. Completely in over their heads, but good people. Which I suppose is probably the point.

Holy shit I found a fellow Spanish Fire Emblem player in a Team Fortress site. They put up a raffle with a poll in this TF2 trading site. The poll was about... which Three Houses girl to marry.

Of course. Had to be 3H. Well, at least Catherine is winning. With over double the votes Bernadetta and Hilda have, too. I'm not always a fan of the TF2 community, but this time they're doing the right thing.